• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

English T.T Martin The Hero King

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
Seriously do not like seeing marth go. haven't heard the new guy but i'm almost certain i'm not gonna like it. i would really like a language option(not likely) and even if i got that i'd still have to listen to martin whenever i go to tournaments. rip the voice marth had for a fat 17 years :(

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Even if there is no language option within the game, you could change the language of your Switch so that you can have japanese Marth back. That's if you don't mind not being able to read menus and stuff of course

Last edited:

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
Even if there is no language option within the game, you could change the language of your Switch so that you can have japanese Marth back. That's if you don't mind not being able to read menus and stuff of course
oh! i did not know you could that! once you know your way around the menus it's no problem. i'll just do that! is it simple to change languages like that?

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
oh! i did not know you could that! once you know your way around the menus it's no problem. i'll just do that! is it simple to change languages like that?
Yeah, I bought my Switch in Japan but I simply changed the language to English or Spanish, and not just the whole system but the games as well reflect the language switch from text to even voice acting.

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
Yeah, I bought my Switch in Japan but I simply changed the language to English or Spanish, and not just the whole system but the games as well reflect the language switch from text to even voice acting.
that's pretty amazing, thank you for telling me!

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Wanted to note as well that Marth's japanese voice clips were updated as well. I saw the japanese Smash direct and on the section where they mention having Marth in english, Sakurai instead talks about him having new voice clips. I think is still the same VA.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Seriously do not like seeing marth go. haven't heard the new guy but i'm almost certain i'm not gonna like it. i would really like a language option(not likely) and even if i got that i'd still have to listen to martin whenever i go to tournaments. rip the voice marth had for a fat 17 years :(
If you’ve played FE Heroes/Warriors or Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., then you might actually like Yuri Lowenthal (the current voice actor for Marth)

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
I'm personally looking forward to the English voice. But I'm also nervous it could sound really young or annoying. I'm not familiar with the voice actor at all and even then people change their voice pending on the character they are portraying anyways. I think it would be great if Marth's voice was dependent on costume. These 4 outfits are Japanese voiced and based how he is in Melee and these other 4 outfits are based on an updated appearance and use the English voice. I think that would be a good way to appease everyone.
I know modpacks have made use of costume specific voices so it's definitely doable.

Last edited:

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
Wanted to note as well that Marth's japanese voice clips were updated as well. I saw the japanese Smash direct and on the section where they mention having Marth in english, Sakurai instead talks about him having new voice clips. I think is still the same VA.

oh wow! that's really cool! had to pull midorikawa out of the depths for that.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I'm personally looking forward to the English voice. But I'm also nervous it could sound really young or annoying. I'm not familiar with the voice actor at all and even then people change their voice pending on the character they are portraying anyways. I think it would be great if Marth's voice was dependent on costume. These 4 outfits are Japanese voiced and based how he is in Melee and these other 4 outfits are based on an updated appearance and use the English voice. I think that would be a good way to appease everyone.
I know modpacks have made use of costume specific voices so it's definitely doable.
If you're curious, try looking up some of his Warriors supports.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227

Yeah, it sounds like the original voice actor. Just decades later obviously. That, and Sakurai did say in an interview (post Smash 4) that he would bring the Japanese Marth VA back to re-record if there was a next Smash. Low-key that interview was how I knew Marth was guaranteed returning to the roster for the next Smash, not that there would've been a doubt anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom