• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Energy drinks for tournaments

What is your favorite energy drink right now?

• Red Bull

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Monster

• G-Fuel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Tub of Sugar

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • XS Energy

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Coffee

• Total voters

Mage Unknown

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Edit: advertising.

Still, discuss energy drinks to your heart's content!

Last edited by a moderator:

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
I usually drink Monster because they actually taste good and are easy to find no matter what venue I'm at. The caffeine keeps me sharp and unpredictable, while nicotine from my ecig steadies my hands. (I get shaky hands when I drink caffeine.)

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
My favorite is BAWLs Guarana with Red Bull being a slight second. Red Bull is just easier to get. I used to be sponsored by BAWLs.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Tbqh I've found performance wise in pretty much everything, energy drinks do more harm than good, especially cones with copious amounts of sugar/glucose.

Stimulants in general are kind of a double edged sword and work really badly over long stretches, because really after about 2 hours you get a massive crash which screws you over. Honestly it may sound super lame, but something like granola bars for stable energy and keeping yourself hydrated with lots of water will do you more good.

But still, Red Bull is delicious and awesome and I would drink that over others.

Last edited:

Soupy

Sage of Wind
I hate energy drinks. But...I love BAWLs. However, I only drink water for tournies because I get shaky pretty easily.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Earlier on when attending tournaments, I used to drink a lot of this kind of stuff but more healthy snacks and drinks do seem to be quite a bit better for tournament performance. I don't get the hard crash a lot of people do but water and such for sure does the job better. Lately though, I've been showing up to tournaments right after a 10 hour work shift, so I have been drinking red bull to get through playing and casting for the stream after a long day, but it's not as good as trying to be healthy and go at it.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I guess whenever i do go to tournaments i might drink water or coke... but i might drink lots of it because i am a extremly thirsty person lol.:roll:

Last edited:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Monster has always been my energy drink of choice ever since 7th grade or so. Amp is also really tasty. I don't like Rockstar too much, and Nos is okay. Never had Redbull, or any of the other ones on that poll, except for coffee which I have almost daily. Almost never drink energy drinks anymore, though, mostly just coffee now.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Water is my number one drink. It's important to stay hydrated in order to function well, most of those energy drinks will only make you more parched. There are watered down energy drinks too, but you might want to look more into the details.

Apples are great energy as well; even if they aren't a drink.

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
I'm gonna say Iced Tea. Call me crazy, but I think that the combination of caffeine and lemony flavor is just super refreshing.

Besides from that, coffee is awesome.

deadPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I enjoy Monster, although I try to stick to water if I can, especially in legit all day tournies. Best to avoid that crash. Can come in handy sometimes though if you didn't get great sleep the night before.

Top Bottom