• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Of The Federation - Sylux for Smash Ultimate (DLC)

Eldrake

Smash Lord
What do you think Metroid Prime's unique skill would be? I feel like it would be something involving damage over time, the poison hazard, or eating.
Well, it can't be Poison Power Up or Poison Heals, because Gruntilda and Madama Butterfly already got these. So how about Poison Harms Opponent? If you take damage via poison, your opponent will receive damage too.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I just looked up Metroid soundtracks present in Ultimate right now and there's just six Metroid Prime soundtracks. I think the Federation Force one might be the only new Metroid Prime soundtrack in Ultimate. Even a fighter pack that exclusively focuses on Metroid Prime would have no problem finding unused soundtracks.

Continuing from the idea of a Metroid Prime-focused fighter pack, here's my picks for music that could come with a Sylux pack.

But before I do that, here's a fun fact; in Hunters, each hunter has a Vs. soundtrack associated with them when you encounter them in single player. However, if you're in a fight with multiple hunters, their soundtracks will play, in the best way I can describe it, simultaneously. I don't think that would matter too much in the context of Smash unless Sylux had every hunter as an alt costume, and even then I don't know if Smash has the necessary technology coded in already to make it work.

Let nobody tell you that there's too little Metroid Prime content possible.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It kinda already is, but Sylux would be welcome for the soundtracks and things he’d bring. We’ve come a long way from “Metroid’s about isolation, so it’s fitting for Samus to be the only character in Smash”.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It kinda already is, but Sylux would be welcome for the soundtracks and things he’d bring. We’ve come a long way from “Metroid’s about isolation, so it’s fitting for Samus to be the only character in Smash”.
As far as I'm concerned for Sylux, he'd be sweet gravy after we finally got :ultridley:. (Also, it'd be worth hearing about JP fans being confused by his addition).

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Here's a question for the thread; for the Metroid Prime-themed challenger pack, what location from any of the Prime titles would you want the stage to be based on? The location doesn't have to be from Hunters, it can be from Prime, Echoes or Corruption. It can even be from Federation Forces if you think something there could be cool.

My personal pick would be Phaaze. Dark Samus deserves her home stage.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Here's a question for the thread; for the Metroid Prime-themed challenger pack, what location from any of the Prime titles would you want the stage to be based on? The location doesn't have to be from Hunters, it can be from Prime, Echoes or Corruption. It can even be from Federation Forces if you think something there could be cool.

Isn't it bizarre that Dark Samus' theme isn't in the game? Maybe they're saving it for Sylux's Challenger Pack. But than again, it would have made more sense for her song to be in the base game as that's when she got in.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Isn't it bizarre that Dark Samus' theme isn't in the game? Maybe they're saving it for Sylux's Challenger Pack. But than again, it would have made more sense for her song to be in the base game as that's when she got in.
I suppose it's not wild to speculate that the reason there's so little Metroid Prime content despite the inclusion of Dark Samus (and Meta Ridley to a lesser extent) is that they're holding it back in case they decide to have a fully-fledged fighter from the Metroid Prime series.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Prime 1: Either Phendrana Drifts as the "fan-favorite" location, or the Artifact Temple/Impact Crater as a more reasonable home location for Dark Samus (Phaaze, as cool as the deepest Sanctum looks, kind of has the logistics problem of Phaaze being too insanely toxic for most of the fighters to believably fight there). Also, has anyone stopped to think if Dark Samus would make Sephiroth think of JENOVA in any way?

Echoes: Hall of Honored Dead/Sky Temple Gateway, or Sanctuary Fortress/Ing Hive Temples. Either way there will be intermittent flipping between Light and Dark Aether.

Corruption: The Spire from Skytown, perhaps on it's road to detonate the Leviathan's shield.

Federation Force: Blast Ball Arena, where you can knock said giant balls into other players.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
meleebrawler pointed out that it wouldn't be possible for fighters to survive in Phaaze, which is completely true. Then I realized; that could be the stage's hazard! If the players fall out of the stage's phazon-proof bubbles (invented just for this stage), they rapidly take damage over time, increasing the closer they're to 200%. At 200%, they're OHKO'd after the next tick of phazon poison damage.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Another day, another hiring. Things seem to be a little different this time though.

https://shinesparkers.net/chad-orr-dreamworks-joins-retro-studios-as-a-lighting-artist/

It’s worth noting that since our last post on job openings at Retro, the postings for environment and lighting artists have disappeared. This may suggest that Retro has all of the artists they’re looking for. There is still an opening for a concept artist, however.
So maybe we'll hear that they're nearly done with it by the end of the year?

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Huh, looking back I really thought Metroid Prime 4 would be quite close in our grasps by the time the fighter pass was completed, but so many unexpected things have happened since then. Who knows? Maybe they'll pull something special to cross promote Sylux when the game does come out or he could very well be in the next iteration in Smash. The later being the much more likely outcome considering the smash team has likely largely disbanded aside from those who do balance tweaks and such.

That said, its becoming a great time to be a Metroid fan again. Hoping those who enjoy the 2D games have fun with Dread, which still seems unbelievable that its almost out. Also, hopefully this time next year we know a bit more about Prime 4.

Cheers to everyone who has stuck with the anticipation of this series for so long. I'm quite happy with the increase of rep Metroid has gotten in Smash; though Sylux would've been icing on the cake. Can't wait to find out more about this sweet character who has largely been an enigma for so long. Or I'd just love to see him in another game and retain his enigmatic status.

Was great chatting with all you and hope you enjoy the reveal tomorrow!

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Hope everyone is having fun with Dread! Really enjoyed it and can't wait to jump back in another day. Hope to see you all again the next round of Smash speculation.

Top Bottom