• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Of The Federation - Sylux for Smash Ultimate (DLC)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Eldrake

Smash Lord

Min Min's spirit board uses spirits from the base game alongside new ones. What this means is that if Sylux is DLC, his spirit board could potentially have Trace and Kanden on it alongside the other missing hunters.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Min Min's spirit board uses spirits from the base game alongside new ones. What this means is that if Sylux is DLC, his spirit board could potentially have Trace and Kanden on it alongside the other missing hunters.
This is good for Sylux.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Sylux is being discussed today in Rate Their Chances! Come Show your support.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Apparently MP3 had no less than seven lead producers, so I don't think the game should be too far away. Probably the Switch's swansong or a multiplatform release.
Anyways, I support Sylux. He's not at the top of my list, but he's (she?) a cool character from a great game series.
I hope it's multiplatform if only because I'm pretty sure some Metroid games had bad sales due to releasing during a system's twilight years.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The Wii U was a known failure though, a sinking ship, so of course they were gonna save what they had for LM3 for Switch.

Far as Prime 4, I'm not really worried. The Switch was already established to be supported longer than the average system cycle by Kimishima; extra longer in this case thanks to COVID, which is in a great position with the extra sales the system and its games have been getting from the covid downtime. Remember too, this isn't like previous Nintendo gens where their console also had a handheld to fall back on (the Wii U & 3DS, Wii & DS, etc), with the Switch filling both niches, so it'll be around and supported longer just on that. I see MP4 coming out at the tail end of the Switch's lifetime at worst.

The Duke Nukem Forever comparison is overrated. MP4's situation is more like Doom 2016, which also had development restarts for the better and still turned out great, despite being in development hell for awhile. The gap between Doom 3 and Doom 4/2016 honestly isn't dissimilar to that between MP3 and 4.

And hiring other people mid development is not uncommon. The fact we've been getting somewhat consistent news of these Retro MP4 hirings before and after the start of COVID is honestly a good sign. What intrigued me about the last hiring from yesterday though, is that Dylan Jobe was also involved in Doom 2016 as it were, who is now apparently director of development for MP4.

Game's gonna be fine. They just announced MP4's existence too early to shut up fans, which became consequential due to the dev restart. Things like this happen probably more than you know with games we get, but with Metroid they had to be more transparent after the failure of its last games.

Other than that, still hoping against all odds as to an eventual Prime Trilogy Switch port, whether it currently exists or not. Now that we got Mario Galaxy on Switch (technically, with the Mario 35th collection), I feel they could do a workaround for Prime 3 far as the Wii motion controls, in making it adjusted to play on joycons. Unlikely to get a Metroid 35th anniversary collection though when Zelda exists, but maybe MPT ported in some form can still happen at some point with that in mind. The thought of Metroid getting nothing for ports/remasters leading up to Prime 4 is inconceivable to me, but Nintendo be Nintendo sometimes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think Retro might be the issue here for MPT. No porting work on MPT can be done so long as they focus solely on MP4.

Miyamoto really should reassess his statement on them being able to work on two games at once. :4pacman:

Also, we do still have until the end of 2021 to see if Sylux is in Ultimate or not.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Since Retro wasn’t involved in MP4 until the development restart, think it be more likely that another team was sourced to work on porting the trilogy or giving us Prime Trilogy HD, again assuming it exists. Retro could port it themselves, but they wouldn’t necessarily have to when other teams could do so.

Not gonna lie, things like the Pikmin 3 remaster has only made me get my hopes up more for an eventual MPT port, even though I know I shouldn’t, but Metroid is much higher than Pikmin in lifetime sales to begin with. Am sure with the Pikmin 3 remaster it’ll outsell F-Zero in that context at least, but they’d be silly not to port some Metroid or Prime stuff during the wait for MP4. Y’know, after we get the inevitable Zelda 35th collection.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think it's a "wait-and-see" approach in regards to MP4 and MPT getting released. Historically, the Metroid series doesn't do so good in Japan, so I figure that the timing has to be juuuuuust right to get enough people worldwide invested in this subseries.

Plus we still don't know when Breath of the Wild 2 releases, that's the one thing that could impede on MP4 sales.

Until then, let's just be patient.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...s_as_environment_designer_for_metroid_prime_4

At this rate the history of the game's development will be more interesting than the game itself.
It truly is Metroid Prime Forever. I honestly expect Metroid Prime 4 to come out on Nintendo's next console as I think this game has been in development way too long and will continue to be in development hell up until the Switch's life cycle ends. I'm not even expecting Metroid Prime 4 on the Switch now especially with Covid making things worse.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Right, and I suppose Bayonetta 3 and Breath of the Wild 2 will be held off until after the Switch as well.

You're just regurgitating at this point. MP4 is not “Metroid Prime Forever” as previously explained. Far from it. It being Metroid's Duke Nukem Forever would imply it's had several upon several developmental restarts and delegation to other teams. Retro's been creating its own big house for the game with all the hirings, from pre-covid up to present, and as I said, hiring people for different roles mid development is not uncommon.

Unless you fully know how game development works, far as the process and how long it takes depending on the project, the order of which part/role is done in making the game, etc, I don't think most of us are really qualified to make a guesstimation on when like MP4 will be finished and out. You/we have a tunnel vision sort of idea on how it works at best.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Right, and I suppose Bayonetta 3 and Breath of the Wild 2 will be held off until after the Switch as well.

You're just regurgitating at this point. MP4 is not “Metroid Prime Forever” as previously explained. Far from it. It being Metroid's Duke Nukem Forever would imply it's had several upon several developmental restarts and delegation to other teams. Retro's been creating its own big house for the game with all the hirings, from pre-covid up to present, and as I said, hiring people for different roles mid development is not uncommon.

Unless you fully know how game development works, far as the process and how long it takes depending on the project, the order of which part/role is done in making the game, etc, I don't think most of us are really qualified to make a guesstimation on when like MP4 will be finished and out. You/we have a tunnel vision sort of idea on how it works at best.
So basically, it's not Metroid Prime Forever, just Metroid Prime For A Little While.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So get this around your heads:

- Byleth brings Three Houses content with him.

- Min Min brings Arms music with her.

- Sephiroth brings more Final Fantasy Spirits with him as well as more music.

What do those 3 DLC fighters have in common? They all brought content with them from their franchises that was suspiciously missing from base game. There is still no explain yet for why Sylux doesn't have a Spirit and it could mean they're saving him for DLC even if MP4 doesn't come out until way after Ultimate's DLC is done. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but they could do it since we know from Min Min that they can reuse base game Spirits for a DLC character's Spirit board. Just put all the other hunters Spirits into Sylux's Spirit board and BAM! You got yourself a Spirit board.

Eldrake

Smash Lord

What do those 3 DLC fighters have in common? They all brought content with them from their franchises that was suspiciously missing from base game. There is still no explain yet for why Sylux doesn't have a Spirit and it could mean they're saving him for DLC even if MP4 doesn't come out until way after Ultimate's DLC is done. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but they could do it since we know from Min Min that they can reuse base game Spirits for a DLC character's Spirit board. Just put all the other hunters Spirits into Sylux's Spirit board and BAM! You got yourself a Spirit board.
I must admit that I find it curious how few Metroid Prime spirits there is in comparison to the mainline Metroid series (9 MP spirits versus 18). Rundas and Ghor are also missing and could be put on the spirit board. In fact, there's not even a spirit of Metroid Prime itself, which is a weird omission too. A Sylux spirit board could easily fill up with new Metroid Prime spirits, even if it didn't feature anything from, say, Metroid Prime 4.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I must admit that I find it curious how few Metroid Prime spirits there is in comparison to the mainline Metroid series (9 MP spirits versus 18). Rundas and Ghor are also missing and could be put on the spirit board. In fact, there's not even a spirit of Metroid Prime itself, which is a weird omission too. A Sylux spirit board could easily fill up with new Metroid Prime spirits, even if it didn't feature anything from, say, Metroid Prime 4.
Admittedly, as forgetful as the Spirit Team tends to be, even they wouldn't intentionally include the Hunters by leaving out Sylux. It's odd.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
You know what, I decided to write up a spirit board based on that theory. This hypothetical spirit board makes two assumptions;

Sylux's spirit board focus solely on Metroid Prime content.
Sylux is a DLC fighter before Metroid Prime 4 is officially released, so no Metroid Prime 4 spirits.

(Italiziced spirits are already in the game)
*Trace (Novice)
*Kanden (Novice)
*Gandrayda (Novice)

*Weavel (Advanced)
*Spire (Advanced)
*Noxus (Advanced)
*Ghor (Advanced)
*Rundas (Ace)
*Gorea (Ace)
*Metroid Prime (Legend)

The Hunters are there because why wouldn't they be there?
Ghor and Rundas are there because why not, we already have Gandrayda.
Gorea and Metroid Prime is there to have boss content from both Hunters and the OG Metroid Prime.

You know what? This is a really solid Spirit Board.

Paraster

Smash Lord
You know what, I decided to write up a spirit board based on that theory. This hypothetical spirit board makes two assumptions;

Sylux's spirit board focus solely on Metroid Prime content.
Sylux is a DLC fighter before Metroid Prime 4 is officially released, so no Metroid Prime 4 spirits.

(Italiziced spirits are already in the game)
*Trace (Novice)
*Kanden (Novice)
*Gandrayda (Novice)

*Weavel (Advanced)
*Spire (Advanced)
*Noxus (Advanced)
*Ghor (Advanced)
*Rundas (Ace)
*Gorea (Ace)
*Metroid Prime (Legend)

The Hunters are there because why wouldn't they be there?
Ghor and Rundas are there because why not, we already have Gandrayda.
Gorea and Metroid Prime is there to have boss content from both Hunters and the OG Metroid Prime.

You know what? This is a really solid Spirit Board.
What do you think Metroid Prime's unique skill would be? I feel like it would be something involving damage over time, the poison hazard, or eating.

Top Bottom