• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Of The Federation - Sylux for Smash Ultimate (DLC)

Eldrake

Smash Lord
We know two things now concerning Sylux.
  1. First party characters are okay as DLC.
  2. Six more fighter packs coming. Expected to be released before 31 December 2021.
Sylux has a chance if Metroid Prime 4 is expected to be released before that deadline, which isn't impossible.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Made that on the fly and it had a mini blow up.

If they're really thinking that far ahead and somehow have no other first party they'd like promote more by then, I'd think Sylux has a modest chance at being among the selected characters at least. The drop date of Dec 2021(!) is eyebrow raising for sure. I'll be in a damn job by then.

A few pages ago there were some insider claims about Nintendo wanting to push Prime 4 even harder. This could be the opening they need for that. But it's gonna take a pretty damn long time to see whether that pans out...

Two years of DLC is both a blessing and a curse.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
It'd be pretty cool if the five other hunters were alts for Sylux in a similar vein to Hero. However, the varying body shapes could prove a problem and another possible issue (assuming no special exceptions to the rule is allowed) is that Smash has set the precedence for the maximum number of alts being eight, so it'd have to be four hunters with one extra alt each or six hunters with one getting two extra alts.

That said, if my speculative gimmick for Sylux (his down special letting him change his neutral special to a different weapon) was used for him, then it would be a perfectexcuse to bring the five other in as alts.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well I’ll say this much, any part of me before who thought it might’ve been selfish to ask for anymore Metroid characters after Ridley and Dark Samus, no longer really thinks so after what we just got with FE. “Character reps” is just a number. That said, welcome back to 1st parties feeling more on the table again. The 3rd party purists have been pushed back some.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Well I’ll say this much, any part of me before who thought it might’ve been selfish to ask for anymore Metroid characters after Ridley and Dark Samus, no longer really thinks so after what we just got with FE. “Character reps” is just a number. That said, welcome back to 1st parties feeling more on the table again. The 3rd party purists have been pushed back some.
Indeed, since like it or not Byleth proved that... and broke some credibility for some leakers.

That December 2021 deadline, I hope we'll get characters frequently and not suffer through two actual years like how we're basically finishing Fighter Pass 1 a month ahead of the deadline. Either way, I gotta say this probably gives a /big/ increase in the chances of Sylux even if DLC characters were already chosen.

Though surely us mere Metroid fans won't get the hate Fire Emblem fans are getting for their series having the same number of reps of Pokemon and if it wasn't for Plant the same for Mario while Legend of Zelda still only has six. Nor if we do get Sylux, not rub it everyone's faces like certain FE fans are. bad attempt at a joke, end me please.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I always knew that people grossly misinterpreted Reggie's line in the 2018 VGAs. Characters that are new to the series = newcomers, not just series that weren't in the base.

If we get Sylux, just laugh humbly, is all. Chuckling sensibly and whatnot.

19ae59dc47019bf36129d65cfe65b81a.png

That said, we only have this at the moment.

Make of that as you will.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Seeing all of these talented devs coming onboard to work on Metroid Prime 4 fills me with confidence regarding the game's quality.
Me too. I hope Metroid Prime 4 brings the franchise to new heights and Nintendo pushes it hard to become just as successful as it's other big franchises Mario, Zelda, Pokemon. Metroid while iconic definitely deserves just as much attention as the big 3.

andree123

Smash Ace
Say, how long have Next Level Games been hiring? I found this tweet while browsing Twitter.

I doubt it'd be related to Smash, but aren't these guys one of Nintendo's more loyal partners? As in, they're not actually owned by Nintendo but may as well be?
I'm hoping that Next Level Games will develop Metroid Prime 4 this time and they could avoid the problems they got in Federation Force.
EDIT: I know that retro studios is working on Prime 4, but they are working with a outsource company, I am predicting that was Next Level Games.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...battlefield-and-star-wars-artist-as-vfx-lead/

Just how big is this game anyway?

Me too. I hope Metroid Prime 4 brings the franchise to new heights and Nintendo pushes it hard to become just as successful as it's other big franchises Mario, Zelda, Pokemon. Metroid while iconic definitely deserves just as much attention as the big 3.
The big thing is that would need to grab the Japanese audience as well, which historically isn't much interested in the series (Other M didn't help with that at all). MP4 would need to be the proverbial Three Houses for that to happen.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...battlefield-and-star-wars-artist-as-vfx-lead/

Just how big is this game anyway?

The big thing is that would need to grab the Japanese audience as well, which historically isn't much interested in the series (Other M didn't help with that at all). MP4 would need to be the proverbial Three Houses for that to happen.
If they're just hiring people for VFX, I think that means good news in regards to development progress. Maybe we're going to see some Metroid news soon.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We know two things now concerning Sylux.
  1. First party characters are okay as DLC.
  2. Six more fighter packs coming. Expected to be released before 31 December 2021.
Sylux has a chance if Metroid Prime 4 is expected to be released before that deadline, which isn't impossible.
I think Sylux has a great chance if Metroid Prime 4's release date is announced before than. As long as the release date for MP4 get's announced before the FP2 deadline ends, Sylux could end up being a Roy/Corrin situation where he get's in Smash before his big game. Yeah, I know he already has been in a lot of Metroid games, but MP4 is probably his finest hour and his Ultimate design if he is in will probably be based off of his appearance in MP4.

I agree. Another rep for Metroid as well as for franchises like DK, Kirby, and Xenoblade wouldn't hurt at all. It's not greedy when Fire Emblem has so many characters on the roster.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At least Metroid is in a good spot right now, other series suffer from bad timing when it comes to picking anyone, or remaining in a comfort zone until the fans speak loud enough.

Although I kind of want to see JP fans be utterly confused at getting so many Metroid characters.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I've read an anecdote on Reddit that Insomniac had a job opening for VFX for the Spider-Man PS4 game nine months before its release. Now obviously Insomniac and Retro are two different teams, but it does help give an idea of how far MP4 has progressed. VFX is something you generally start working on as the end of game development approaches.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've read an anecdote on Reddit that Insomniac had a job opening for VFX for the Spider-Man PS4 game nine months before its release. Now obviously Insomniac and Retro are two different teams, but it does help give an idea of how far MP4 has progressed. VFX is something you generally start working on as the end of game development approaches.
I'm in the mind set Metroid Prime 4 is a more difficult project than Spider-Man for the PS4. Not to say we could see Metroid Prime 4 very soon, but I just don't see it happening until next year at the earliest.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

2:02 Well that's not something you see every day.

Seriously, other than the little Samus easter egg in SMRPG, has Mario ever overtly referenced Metroid before? Maybe he's playing a sneak peak of Prime 4.

Eldrake

Smash Lord

Seriously, other than the little Samus easter egg in SMRPG, has Mario ever overtly referenced Metroid before? Maybe he's playing a sneak peak of Prime 4.
Since this was presumably meant for the E3 Direct, there's a good chance that the Metroid reference was meant to tease an incoming Metroid game announcement, whether it's Metroid 5 or Prime 4 (or, if the stars align, even both!)

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Since this was presumably meant for the E3 Direct, there's a good chance that the Metroid reference was meant to tease an incoming Metroid game announcement, whether it's Metroid 5 or Prime 4 (or, if the stars align, even both!)
Well, this does match up with a leak that leaked both this game and a new 2-D Metroid...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Seriously, other than the little Samus easter egg in SMRPG, has Mario ever overtly referenced Metroid before?
They're been snide jokes, but yeah I can't think of anything this blatant aside from SMRPG.

andree123

Smash Ace

Well it could also be a reference to Intelligent Systems developing the first Metroid game for the NES.
BUT I swear of god I want to see a Fire Emblem game being developed by Retro Studios.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well it could also be a reference to Intelligent Systems developing the first Metroid game for the NES.
BUT I swear of god I want to see a Fire Emblem game being developed by Retro Studios.
Wait what?

I don't think they have any experience with SRPGs.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, action platformers is their forte, not RPG’s.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I was thinking about what a Sylux reveal trailer could be like, and I just had an epiphany; if Ridley's trailer takes inspiration from Alien, then Sylux's trailer could take inspiration from the classic rival to the Xenomorph, Predator. Yautjas are hunters, so it feels right. Here's my idea about how a Predator-inspired Sylux trailer could go down.

The setting is an alien jungle environment, perhaps cold and icy, but generally leaning toward the colors blue and green.
Samus, Fox, Falco, Snake, Mega Man, and Inkling are traversing slowly and carefully through it, visibly on guard and on the lookout for someone or something. They're in separate parts of the jungle, but not too far away from each other.
Falco gets sniped by a bright red ray, the Imperialist energy shot (this is based on my idea that Sylux could have the other five hunters' weapons in his moveset) and is defeated on the spot. We get a shot of Samus reacting to the sound of the Imperialist, then a shot of Fox's reaction.
Fox rushes over to the fallen Falco and looks at the direction from which the attack came from. He notices a figure that vanishes into the woods.
Without wasting a second, Fox, absolutely pissed off, grabs his fallen comrade's blaster and blasts into the woods akimbo style.
Samus shows up and starts firing rapidly alongside Falco. The alien trees starts being blasted apart.
Next up is Inkling.
Then Mega Man. Even more trees are shot asunder by the firing squad.
Then Snake, who brings in his missiles.
And finally Pit. Now the trees areseriously getting massacre'd.
Then everyone cools down with the attacks and ceases fire, taking a brief moment to let the dust settle. see if they got him. The thick area of trees replaced with a large clearing, Samus slowly steps forward ahead of everyone else. This is where the trailer stops being an overtly-direct reference to the Predator movie scene because the assailant starts picking off the group one by one.
First is Pit, who gets struck by a fireball shot from the Magmaul and is lit on fire. This attack causes panic within the ranks.
A Battlehammer attack arcs down onto the main group who is forced to split up to dodge the blast. Snake isn't so lucky, and he's launched into a tree by the explosion.
After this, we see the rest of the fight from the fighter's perspective.
Inkling, whose back is turned to the attacker, is ambushed and frozen solid by a Judicator attack.
Mega Man sees the attacker and fires at them, but a charged Volt Driver attack stuns and shuts him down.
Fox holds out longer than the others, but his enemy manages to lock him down with a Shock Coil attack.
Our star then sees Samus lunging at him with a rush attack, and barely manages to avoid it. We stop seeing from their PoV.
Samus stares down her opponent, who the camera finally decides to reveal the identity of. Yeah, it's Sylux. End of CGI trailer, this leads into the gameplay footage.

This trailer concept on based on the Contact scene from the Predator movie. Warning: Video features graphic depictions of blood and strong swears.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And the saga of the mythical Prime Trilogy sightings continues.

It might be more substantial this time.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So I thought since it's related that I'd bring this up. Have any of yall heard of Metroid Prime Pinball? Great game, sold terribly. I have a copy and I recently beat my little over a million score and replaced it with a score of little under 4 million.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I thought since it's related that I'd bring this up. Have any of yall heard of Metroid Prime Pinball? Great game, sold terribly. I have a copy and I recently beat my little over a million score and replaced it with a score of little under 4 million.
I have never heard of it. I never knew Metroid had a pinball game.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I remember it because people tried to use it as proof that you could size Ridley down. XD

That and it had some nice remixes.

I have never heard of it. I never knew Metroid had a pinball game.
It's on the DS.

Really rare.

Top Bottom