• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Of The Federation - Sylux for Smash Ultimate (DLC)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sylux has the teasers going for him but we have seen one set of writers set up a cliffhanger, only for the next lot to reveal the cliff was 5 ft tall.

Baron Strucker getting killed off in seconds in Age of Ultron or The Leader disapearing from the MCU come to mind.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, we just get two Metroid games at the absolute maximum at a time, and Retro did work on Prime before. Still doesn't explain why Sylux lacks a spirit for no reason.

I see what you were going for, but Retro has all the time in the world to see if he's needed or not, so I'm not sure if the comparison's fair.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope we get something about MP4 at E3 2020

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope so too. But with how early Metroid Prime 4 is in development and them trying to find more people to work on the game, I wouldn't be surprise if Metroid Prime 4 doesn't show up at E3 next year.
I hope MP4 doesn't end up like Breath of the wild and end up as the Switch 2's launch title.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Which is possible, seeing how Retro feels the need to constantly and proudly one-up the polygon count after each game they complete. It's already a bit much to expect a new DKC from them, let alone this.
It really sucks. I mean I want to play Metroid Prime 4, but I want to play the next DKCR game more as K. Rool will definitely be the main antagonist again.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Depending on how long they take for more footage of MP4 to be shown, let alone release the game, it might not live up to the hype/buildup, even if it’s well received otherwise. No matter how good it turns out being, I fear some (myself included) will be too critical on it in certain areas depending on how long it takes to come out.

That said though, keeping my expectations to a minimum even though time might try to tell me otherwise; Prime 2 and 3 didn’t surpass the first one for me after all, although solid games on their own. If MP4 tops any one of the previous three for me though I’ll be happy enough, but still.

andree123

Smash Ace
In the Terry presentation, Sakurai mentions Samus as one of the examples of a character that is "fun to play as" is more important than relevancy

I guess that supports Sylux.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
In the Terry presentation, Sakurai mentions Samus as one of the examples of a character that is "fun to play as" is more important than relevancy

I guess that supports Sylux.
Not to be a stuck up smartass, but what can Sylux do? I never played any of the Metroid games with him in it.

Last edited:

Room100

Smash Apprentice
Not to be a stuck up smartass, but want can Sylux do? I never played any of the Metroid games with him in it.
A lot of it rides on how they'd handle Sylux in Prime 4. That said, if they were to just go off of Sylux in Prime Hunters then there's a bunch of special weapons he could use while still borrowing some things from Samus. Could be a little bit of a semiclone with no tether and different Specials.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
A lot of it rides on how they'd handle Sylux in Prime 4. That said, if they were to just go off of Sylux in Prime Hunters then there's a bunch of special weapons he could use while still borrowing some things from Samus. Could be a little bit of a semiclone with no tether and different Specials.
It could be interesting if he could change his neutral special to a different weapon through down-special, his default neutral being Shock Coil.

andree123

Smash Ace
The current leaks of fp5 with already represented companies is now down to Capcom and Nintendo, I'm hoping to see sylux or Porky as fp5.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
The current leaks of fp5 with already represented companies is now down to Capcom and Nintendo, I'm hoping to see sylux or Porky as fp5.
Don't forget that Arc System Works is still in the picture so it isn't just Nintendo and Capcom

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
So basically Nintendo and Retro already did the models and environments, now they're just looking for people to coat it's colors, test the engine, and to find and fix any bugs in the game. Basically edit and fix the easy ****.
Models and environment done this quickly? Even if they reused every bit of asset from the scrapped Prime 4 (which isn't impossible), I would still think that the game development would take a little bit longer before they got to this point.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Models and environment done this quickly? Even if they reused every bit of asset from the scrapped Prime 4 (which isn't impossible), I would still think that the game development would take a little bit longer before they got to this point.
Same, this development might've been story/scriptwise, but it might've been Nintendo didn't like at least one major thing from it that we don't know yet

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
My brothers and sisters:

Potential leak/confirmation Sylux is indeed in Metroid Prime 4.

Though, I think we all thought that was a 100% anyways, that said no idea if Marcus Sellar is a credible leaker or not but... it's something, if he ain't one though... feel free to tell me and what not so I can commit purge on this so I don't go spreading fake news and **** since that isn't something I want to do.

Edit: Also, pretty sure its obvious the photos aren't from Prime 4 but from Brawl and the Metroid Database which is made by a DA artist apparently and aren't being portrayed as in these are from Prime 4 but rather a hint at the plot... which I don't feel like I will spell it out... publicly anyways so off the the spoiler tag!
personally, I believe these pictures are hinting that Prime 4 will also be dealing with X-Parasites and Sylux has something to do with that, potentially with that Baby Metroid he has he's trying to make some sort of hybrid between the two? Perhaps Sylux has infected himself with X-Parasites and has made multiple versions of himself that way or something? This may also potentially hint at a post-Metroid Fusion timeline placement for Prime 4?

IDK, think whatever you got but I'm not one to trust leaks anyways anymore but I do like somewhat discussing the possibilities they may bring fake or not... as hypocritical as that sounds to others that have seen me else-where on this site.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
My brothers and sisters:

Though, I think we all thought that was a 100% anyways, that said no idea if Marcus Sellar is a credible leaker or not but... it's something.

Edit: Also, pretty sure its obvious the photos aren't from Prime 4 but from Brawl and the Metroid Database which is made by a DA artist apparently and aren't being portrayed as in these are from Prime 4 but rather a hint at the plot... which I don't feel like I will spell it out... publicly anyways so off the the spoiler tag!
personally, I believe these pictures are hinting that Prime 4 will also be dealing with X-Parasites and Sylux has something to do with that, potentially with that Baby Metroid he has he's trying to make some sort of hybrid between the two? Perhaps Sylux has infected himself with X-Parasites and has made multiple versions of himself that way or something? This may also potentially hint at a post-Metroid Fusion timeline placement for Prime 4?

IDK, think whatever you got but I'm not one to trust leaks anyways anymore but I do like somewhat discussing the possibilities they may bring fake or not... as hypocritical as that sounds to others that have seen me else-where on this site.
That'd cause a plot hole with Fusion, where Samus says she never encountered X before. At any rate, leaking Sylux is one of the safest bets there is.

What I'm interested in is the fallout of Federation Force regarding the Pirates. Will their temporary success in capturing Samus result in a boost of confidence in their logs? Is Ridley going to throw a fit when he finds out they didn't kill her when they had the chance?

I'm of the mind Sylux was the one behind that capture, myself.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I never talked about until now but I find Sylux's absence from Smash a bit more bizarre than Porky's because with Porky not only he is missing a Spirit but so is characters that would go along with him if he is DLC like Pig Mask soldiers or any other Mother enemies and Giygas. But with Sylux's situation all the other bounty hunters are Spirits except him which begs the question did they didn't give him a Spirit on purpose because he is actually coming later as DLC with new characters from MP4 as Spirits in his Spirit board? It's a really interesting situation with Sylux here.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
That'd cause a plot hole with Fusion, where Samus says she never encountered X before. At any rate, leaking Sylux is one of the safest bets there is.

What I'm interested in is the fallout of Federation Force regarding the Pirates. Will their temporary success in capturing Samus result in a boost of confidence in their logs? Is Ridley going to throw a fit when he finds out they didn't kill her when they had the chance?

I'm of the mind Sylux was the one behind that capture, myself.
Which is why I said what I did at the end of the spoilers tag, could also be that if it does take place prior to Fusion nobody but Sylux knows that X-Parasites are involved although that's more of a stretch. That said they could potentially find out if they ever do an analysis on that idea I proposed in the spoilers tag but just can't identify the second creature.

That said Ridley probably would NGL, also probably was Sylux seeming as he also found out and secured that Baby Metroid for himself or some employer (since as we know, Sylux is canonically the second best hunter in the Metroid Galaxy behind Samus).

But yeah, I agree with you since as I kinda eluded to: we all already think Sylux is gonna have a part in Prime 4 as small or as big as it may be. So leaking him is the safest of all safes for Prime 4. X-Parasites... not so much unless the ideas I've proposed is what they go with or just that X-Parasite is the closest thing they have to be a stand-in for what they're actually gonna do.

Since as I replied to stuff in that Twitter replies, Devs are sometimes known to use fan-art or old models, etc. etc. as stand-ins till the new and/or original stuff get completed and are ready for use. So Brawl Sylux's model would make sense as its the best quality one they could get their hands on and that fan art of a Blue-X is one of the first things that come up when you google image search Blue-X Metroid. As for the still itself... that could be completed new art-work and its just not an in-engine screen shot or has done the necessary stuff to make it non-blurry, idk not an artist or art guy tbh... unless in a very specific scenario. Dunno if the still as I said is an original/new artwork they got done or something brought over from the Returns remake or Fusion which would kinda explain the blurriness but I doubt that.

As I said though: take it with a grain of salt especially from a leaker who we have no idea on their credibility.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I never talked about until now but I find Sylux's absence from Smash a bit more bizarre than Porky's because with Porky not only he is missing a Spirit but so is characters that would go along with him if he is DLC like Pig Mask soldiers or any other Mother enemies and Giygas. But with Sylux's situation all the other bounty hunters are Spirits except him which begs the question did they didn't give him a Spirit on purpose because he is actually coming later as DLC with new characters from MP4 as Spirits in his Spirit board? It's a really interesting situation with Sylux here.
We don't have Noxus, Spire, Weavel, Rundas or Ghor either.

Regardless, it does leave the door open for a Prime-focused DLC content package.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Everything else seems sound one way or another, but yeah, I'm not buying the part about the X-Parasites either, nor do I want it with the retcons them being outside SR388 would create. If MP4 is to be anything special, the main threat along with a good chunk of ideas for the game should be something new. There can be another parasitic species even like the Ing, but I see no sense in suddenly bringing the X into the Prime series.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Sylux's absence despite the presence of Trace and Kanden of all hunters is still so puzzling to me. The only explanations I can think of (other than "they forgot somehow lol") is that they were saving him for a Metroid Prime 4 spirit event that obviously fell through or (be still my heart) a dlc fighter added to promote Metroid Prime 4 ala Corrin. He's such a glaringly obvious omission that it feels deliberate.

I pray that he would fix the "no Vs. Dark Samus theme" problem too along the way.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
My brothers and sisters:

Though, I think we all thought that was a 100% anyways, that said no idea if Marcus Sellar is a credible leaker or not but... it's something, if he ain't one though... feel free to tell me and what not so I can commit purge on this so I don't go spreading fake news and **** since that isn't something I want to do.

Huh. I never noticed that Sylux had a hand out on his right arm. I always thought it was a pure arm cannon.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sylux's absence despite the presence of Trace and Kanden of all hunters is still so puzzling to me. The only explanations I can think of (other than "they forgot somehow lol") is that they were saving him for a Metroid Prime 4 spirit event that obviously fell through or (be still my heart) a dlc fighter added to promote Metroid Prime 4 ala Corrin. He's such a glaringly obvious omission that it feels deliberate.

I pray that he would fix the "no Vs. Dark Samus theme" problem too along the way.
Metroid representation already feels complete somewhat with Ridley and Dark Samus. If Sylux get's in the Metroid representation in the roster would literally be perfect.

Huh. I never noticed that Sylux had a hand out on his right arm. I always thought it was a pure arm cannon.
Me too dude! Lol! I didn't notice it until you said something.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I just had a thought about the Metroid Prime 4 rumor regarding the x-parasites. They teased x-parasites in Samus Returns. I know that Mercury originally wanted to make a Fusion remake and that SR388 is where the x-parasites live, but I am starting to think that it's not entirely impossible that it could also be because MP4's story was going to involve the x-parasites, and Nintendo decided they wanted to be all "Hey Metroid fans! Remember the x-parasites? Wink wink nudge nudge."

Though even if x-parasites really are in MP4, the x-parasite tease could just be a coincidence and that it wasn't done with MP4 in mind.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...gner_has_reportedly_returned_to_retro_studios

It doesn't directly correlate to our current situation, but it's a good sign.

Other spirit absences can be written off as oversights, but this in particular is conspicuously odd. I'll reiterate that once Sylux gets in, I'll be fully satisfied with Smash's playable Metroid cast.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
From the image, it looked either
A. An X parasite as previously stated
B. Phazon
But what I'm thinking, perhaps Sylux is attempting to fuse Phazon and X? Could be devastating as both nearly ended a couple planets so yeah.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I trust Marcus Sellars about as far as I can throw him (which ain't very far). Apart from being low hanging fruit to begin with, Sellars ain’t worth paying attention to given his track record.

Other spirit absences can be written off as oversights, but this in particular is conspicuously odd. I'll reiterate that once Sylux gets in, I'll be fully satisfied with Smash's playable Metroid cast.
Well, there's that whole aspect of Prime not being particularly relevant at the time even with Federation Force (Smash 4 gutted a lot of the Prime content as is, so there being little in Ultimate as well isn't too shocking).

As much as I'll admit the conspiracy side of it captivates me, it's just as easy to consider that their Spirit selection could've just been a bit random. I of course have no proof of that, but when the other four DS hunters are missing as well as Ghor and Rundas, it's not necessarily that suspect that Sylux in particular was out. Like, it's a bit random that across the Pokemon spirits, for instance, the only non Incineroar starter mon from Sun/Moon is Rowlet, particularly considering that, well, the starter mons are usually a big deal. Metroid only gets higher traction in the Spirit argument because Sylux has been a fixture of future story ideas for nearly 5 years now and Prime 4 is likely going to capitalize on that, not to mention the counterarguments the other usual suspects have (Mother is finished, Pokemon has 10 characters, Kirby's options are really stretching it).

I'm all for this conspiracy stuff to be right in the end, but damn does it bug me to have to balance fantasizing on this stuff and keeping expectations in check.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be fair, in regards to missing Pokémon spirits, at least that has an explanation: paying for Ken Sugimori's artwork is apparently so much of a hassle that we had to wait until DLC to get any artwork that's not related to the Pokémon Global link. Hell, have you noticed how :ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf: are the only Pokémon humans in the game to have spirits? And even then it's their Smash renders.

The rest of missing spirits? We'll never know a damn thing until this speculation cycle ends. We don't know if they're all plumb mistakes or saved for later. Until then we're stuck with Hanlon's Razor and Schrodinger's Cat in .jpg form all over the place.

In the meantime, the only supposed tangible clues we have for Sylux are some breadcrumb leaks from an unproven insider.

*cough cough* Bandana Dee *cough cough*
Meanwhile, arts and crafts-based Kirby characters are gone because of Sakurai supposedly hating anything even remotely related to Adeleine. Which is an even dumber theory because no one actually knows most of the reasons characters get left out, spirit or otherwise.

And I have a hard time buying the "unusable artwork" problem for spirits when they could simply look it up online. Please don't tell me they actually look for the original art assets to scan. :facepalm:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
*cough cough* Bandana Dee *cough cough*
I meant that in terms of the common thought of "adeline not a spirit = DLC", not trashing on Kirby as a whole. Should've clarified that one.

To be fair, in regards to missing Pokémon spirits, at least that has an explanation: paying for Ken Sugimori's artwork is apparently so much of a hassle that we had to wait until DLC to get any artwork that's not related to the Pokémon Global link. Hell, have you noticed how :ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf: are the only Pokémon humans in the game to have spirits? And even then it's their Smash renders.
Fair enough. Guess a couple of the notable outliers like Decidueye were lower priority to the Smash team.

And I have a hard time buying the "unusable artwork" problem for spirits when they could simply look it up online. Please don't tell me they actually look for the original art assets to scan. :facepalm:
Looking up things online doesn't always have the best results.

Top Bottom