• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Of The Federation - Sylux for Smash Ultimate (DLC)

andree123

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Seems like Sylux avoided a spirit bullet in this new Metroid spirit event.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Seems like Sylux avoided a spirit bullet in this new Metroid spirit event.
I wonder, I don't know how far in advance these are planned, but do you think at some point in time they expected Prime 4 to be done by now?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I wonder, I don't know how far in advance these are planned, but do you think at some point in time they expected Prime 4 to be done by now?
If you take insider ZhugeEX's info as true, Prime 4 prior to rebooting was going to be a 2019 or 2020 release.

In the alternate universe where Prime 4 didn't get rebooted, chances are it'd be relatively close to done on this exact date, maybe delayed to next year judging by how Nintendo has delayed stuff as of late (Yoshi's Crafted World, Animal Crossing, and Three Houses being among the more notable high profile delays we've seen over the last two years).

Last edited:

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Are they dropping any new Metroid spirits or are these just ones you can already get off the spirit board? I know Adam, Omega Ridley, and Metroid already have spirits. If they add new ones and don't add Sylux, I'd definitely count that as a win.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Usually if there is a new one, it's shown front and center. It seems like it's going to boost the chances of spirits that are already in the game, like the recent one that was themed around characters with capes.

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
So they decided on the DLC over half a year before Prime 4's delay? I'd say that's helpful. One of the reasons that I am hopeful for him and my other most wanted (Porky) is that both of these guys don't have spirits, but more obscure characters from their games do. Kanden and Trace in Sylux's case.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
So, this info might help or hinder us, if it's accurate:

https://smashboards.com/threads/temporary-ultimate-social-thread.484266/page-625#post-23421220

Either he's planned to be playable, or his missing spirit is a clumsy oversight.
The information seems accurate, I know in a interview with Grant Kirkhope he was asked of when he was approached to compose new music and he said it was around that time.

It's hard to say if it'll hinder us or not though, I'd like to imagine since the director of the Prime series has been deadest on expanding Sylux's history and such so he's always been in the game's story and a somewhat major focus to where an oversight like that should be impossible. But on the other hand we just don't know and it could've been one since, as Afroze points out, Porky, a main antagonist of the mother series, and a boss in the subspace emissary is completely absent, sure the Absolutely Safe Capsule is a spirit, but it's been proven with facts from the game and by artwork that isn't Porky or doesn't contain him.

It's really 50-50 in my mind of either possibility. That said in my own mind, I feel like a Namco Bandai character is next on our DLC fighter list, and then maybe a Nintendo one, thing is if that happens and we don't get any more fighter passes with those extra slots existing, it very much would be a battle between Sylux and Porky in the Smash community I believe (which is why I do hope we get more fighter passes, as I want both of these two a lot actually, tops of the list of my wanted Nintendo Characters for smash). I say that since well... they're kind of the only "popular" Nintendo reps to pick from if spirits truly are deconfirmations and games releasing later this year are a no go.

That said

INB4 Fire Emblem Three Houses because that was supposed to come out last year initially (and the groans of annoyance from many over a fire emblem character that probably uses a sword for most of their attacks).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's definitely an interesting angle to view DLC from. Taken as true, they were already picking DLC as early as a month after Ultimate's reveal. Long term planning was likely a key aspect of their choices if the DLC window was 2019-early 2020, so in accordance with the insider post I linked in my previous post, there's a legitimate argument to say that pushing Prime 4 was in their best interest; and Smash pushes things like it's nothing.

Though that obviously assumes it's true. I know Opossum well enough to say that messing around with that kind of info isn't something he would do, but still, it deserves a grain of salt like every other leak.

The information seems accurate, I know in a interview with Grant Kirkhope he was asked of when he was approached to compose new music and he said it was around that time.
That supposedly happened in January of 2019, not last year.

That being said I found another interview around August of last year where he talked about Smash in uncertain terms, so make of that what you will.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

It's hard to say if it'll hinder us or not though, I'd like to imagine since the director of the Prime series has been deadest on expanding Sylux's history and such so he's always been in the game's story and a somewhat major focus to where an oversight like that should be impossible. But on the other hand we just don't know and it could've been one since, as Afroze points out, Porky, a main antagonist of the mother series, and a boss in the subspace emissary is completely absent, sure the Absolutely Safe Capsule is a spirit, but it's been proven with facts from the game and by artwork that isn't Porky or doesn't contain him.

It's really 50-50 in my mind of either possibility. That said in my own mind, I feel like a Namco Bandai character is next on our DLC fighter list, and then maybe a Nintendo one, thing is if that happens and we don't get any more fighter passes with those extra slots existing, it very much would be a battle between Sylux and Porky in the Smash community I believe (which is why I do hope we get more fighter passes, as I want both of these two a lot actually, tops of the list of my wanted Nintendo Characters for smash). I say that since well... they're kind of the only "popular" Nintendo reps to pick from if spirits truly are deconfirmations and games releasing later this year are a no go.

That said

INB4 Fire Emblem Three Houses because that was supposed to come out last year initially (and the groans of annoyance from many over a fire emblem character that probably uses a sword for most of their attacks).
Yeah, at least the WOL datamine is the only clue we got for more passes possibly coming.

Also, I've been expecting FE for a while now. I'll genuinely be shocked if we don't get a new FE character (or Pokémon, for that matter).

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I think they keep the sylux spirit for MP4 or they already planned a nintendo only fighter pass with sylux and porky but that would be early imo.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Billybo seems a bit contradictory. I mean 0% Morrigan but 5% for Monokuma or ash? That doesn't seem right to me and 15% for Sylux seems a bit low but hey how can I know?

andree123

Smash Ace
15% is just too low for Sylux, he's supposed to be a character who is absent at launch and then comes back as DLC.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Billybo seems a bit contradictory. I mean 0% Morrigan but 5% for Monokuma or ash? That doesn't seem right to me and 15% for Sylux seems a bit low but hey how can I know?
I don't agree with the Morrigan percentage either, he probably doesn't know how unreasonably big expectations Capcom has for their series, if it doesn't within what... 5 million sale in the first month or 15 million in lifetime sales they kinda just... toss it out the window or something. Kinda why we so many others besides like... Street Fighter and Resident Evil have been dropped, and alongside the obvious reason for why so many Mega-Man games got canceled until he got into Smash and 11 happened, that's also a reason.

Personally as someone who wants Monokuma in Smash eventually, I think the percent is a bit too low for him, I'd probably but it at a reasonable 15% for realsticablity of happening, I'd probably put Morrigan at 25% at least actually.

But yeah... the 15 percent for Sylux is /way/ too low, since I feel like he didn't put it into consideration that the reset for Prime 4 development was not a planned thing to happen and it probably would've came out at the tail end of this year if it didn't, alongside the fact DLC was chosen before it was announced so the development reset wouldn't have even been a factor, etc. etc. At least I'd say Sylux has a 35% at most... probably above 65%, in my dreams though... that's already a guaranteed 100%.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i would say sylux's chances are better thant he tought i realize his prediction are kind of fishy with dante doesn't mean he's a 100% but 35% while he put 2B 45% i think that's wrong so i wouldn't consider bilybo reliable.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Yeah i would say sylux's chances are better thant he tought i realize his prediction are kind of fishy with dante doesn't mean he's a 100% but 35% while he put 2B 45% i think that's wrong so i wouldn't consider bilybo reliable.
The videos really are only for entertainment really (well... that and I thought it might be a good thing to point out our electric hunter boi getting more exposure). Everyone has different opinions and such, though I believe that was because at the time no mainline DMC game was released on a Nintendo Platform? (I say a mainline game specifically, because the dude has been on the 3DS twice to Project X Zone 1 and 2). That said... no idea why 2B is up there besides like... new popular Square Enix game and she kinda has the same popularity as Bayo in... some corners of the internet.

Will say though, he did do re-rates and put 2B at a 30 and Dante at 25... that and I think putting Porky at a 0 was just kind of... terrible. Still though... don't take them /that/ seriously, it's just his speculation and to entertain people.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I'm not taking it personnally because i know it's only his opinions and it's for entertainement otherwise i would lose my sh*** against him however i appreciate the guy he's kinda entertaining but i don't approve his opinions that's all .

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I'm not taking it personnally because i know it's only his opinions and it's for entertainement otherwise i would lose my sh*** against him however i appreciate the guy he's kinda entertaining but i don't approve his opinions that's all .
This is what I was thinking you meant actually, sorry if my words came off like you were otherwise. But yeah, I basically have the same opinion as you on that. I acknowledge said opinions are there, but it doesn't necessarily mean I/we agree with them either.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
That's ok, we understand each other so that's fine . In fact, that's true for everyone not only billybo we must acknowledge the opinions of other even though we don't agree with it but that's another thing that i think we both agree. I still we'll get sylux in some ways (without stopping dante to get in lol).

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
I really want a animator to animate Sylux's moveset, could anyone can do it?
I'd like to try my hand at stuff like that at some point, but I'm a bit too busy with game dev right now (among other things).
(Also Windows screwed over my graphics tablet with one of their recent updates and I still don't know how to fix it.)

Maybe I'll eventually get to make something a little bit before the last DLC fighter is revealed. Who knows really.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I think sylux would be like a semi clone of samus with a different up b and other changes but i don't know sylux very much so i can't tell really.

Kingkridley

Smash Rookie
I'll admit I haven't played prime hunters, but you have my support, I'd love to see this guy in smash!

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I support this as I would love to see Sylux make it in. I do disagree that there's no other options from Metroid though. With Piranha Plant making it in more generic characters from other series now seem like they could have a chance too so because of that I could also see generic space pirate, chozo, or even federation soldier making it in not that I'd care too much about that last one. There is actually a chozo support thread on smashboards as well and there is a pretty interesting discussion about it if anyone's interested.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
So I made our proud Hunter in Soul Calibur VI!
35ED692E-0362-4BBC-96A9-560D33566902.jpeg

I’m starting to think that if Sylux is indeed DLC for Ultimate, that the other missing Hunter Spirits will be added to the rest of the Metroid collection, and maybe we’ll get ones like Weavel as Mii costumes as well. Also, perhaps missing music like Dark Samus’ theme, and other Prime series tracks will be added in. Now I wonder what stage Sylux would come with. Vesper Defense Outpost (where he’s first encountered)? Somewhere new from Prime 4?

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
So I made our proud Hunter in Soul Calibur VI!
View attachment 233090

I’m starting to think that if Sylux is indeed DLC for Ultimate, that the other missing Hunter Spirits will be added to the rest of the Metroid collection, and maybe we’ll get ones like Weavel as Mii costumes as well. Also, perhaps missing music like Dark Samus’ theme, and other Prime series tracks will be added in. Now I wonder what stage Sylux would come with. Vesper Defense Outpost (where he’s first encountered)? Somewhere new from Prime 4?
Aaaaay, tha looks pretty cool.

If they want to go with promoting Prime 4... it's probably gonna be a new location for, that game, otherwise I think Vesper Defense Outpost makes sense, that or a traveling stage that takes you on a tour of every location from Hunters.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Sign me up!
Tho just saying, sylux is only rumored to be the main antagonist of prime 4, but it seems to be he is. I really hope so. Haven't played Prime yet but i'm gonna start playing other m soon so I don't know much about the prime games themselves.
What did I even just say.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well lads, it looks like things may be looking up for Sylux after all. The Fighter Pass is not the end, just as I expected.

If the DLC cycle lasts long enough by the time Metroid Prime 4 gets finished and released...

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I have my doubts about Prime 4 coinciding with this new wave of DLC considering Nintendo has been against rushing things lately and they only recently rebooted Prime 4.

It's a breath of fresh air for the chances of most characters in general, but unless DLC runs for several years, it's not a huge amount of comfort.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I definitely think we could get some purely fanservicey misc DLCs of characters from already repped universes peppered in alongside the big character packs. I highly doubt that every single incoming character is coming with a stage (some more Metroid Prime music would be really nice though).

If I was to put my money on who some of those characters might be, it'd probably be Geno, Bandana Dee, and Sylux. Easy, safe fan requests and one promoting an upcoming release (development hell be damned). Sounds about perfect to me.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I did hear people say that Nintendo wouldn't make any purely promotional characters (aka Corrins) part of the Fighters Pass and while I'm sure that was just another Fan Rule, addtional characters outside of the pass free things up

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So, yeah, is Sylux even confimed for prime 4? The guy hinted at it, but it isn't exactly confirmed yet.
The games have hinted at it through 100% completion endings for Metroid Prime 3, which was released early on in the Wii's lifespan, and Metroid Prime Federation Force. If he wasn't involved in any way, then all of that build-up would seem pretty pointless.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
The games have hinted at it through 100% completion endings for Metroid Prime 3, which was released early on in the Wii's lifespan, and Metroid Prime Federation Force. If he wasn't involved in any way, then all of that build-up would seem pretty pointless.
Yeah, I know about that, but has it been confirmed specifically by anyone working on Prime 4?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Until further notice, no. Although to be fair, it's not like there's many choices for returning antagonists, seeing as :ultdarksamus: is super-dead, and I doubt that :ultridley: will have much of a significant role beyond a new boss fight. Other hunters could be used, but aren't guarantees.

Last edited:
Top Bottom