• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Of The Federation - Sylux for Smash Ultimate (DLC)

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Reading that thread really makes me want a Hunters remake/sequel for the Switch.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think a second Season Pass of character would have a strong Nintendo promotional bent to it.

Whether Sylux is included or not is heavily dependant on what his moveset can be.

andree123

Smash Ace
I'm really expecting a Metroid Prime trilogy switch port to be announced at E3 2019, but besides Sylux's ship having a cameo in the third in of the Prime trilogy, fighter speculation seems to go more on Banjo being announced at E3 2019 and more on to the leaked Brave (maybe Erdrick from Dragon Quest 3) fighter and the speculated Lloyd Irving being announced in later months in 2019, it is still a mystery when will Sylux or Porky go first in the fighters pass (1) and it depends on Nintendo.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm really expecting a Metroid Prime trilogy switch port to be announced at E3 2019, but besides Sylux's ship having a cameo in the third in of the Prime trilogy, fighter speculation seems to go more on Banjo being announced at E3 2019 and more on to the leaked Brave (maybe Erdrick from Dragon Quest 3) fighter and the speculated Lloyd Irving being announced in later months in 2019, it is still a mystery when will Sylux or Porky go first in the fighters pass (1) and it depends on Nintendo.
I think it's possible we could see Porky getting revealed for Smash at E3 ONLY if Mother 3 get's announced for the west, which I'm very positive is going to happen very soon. Mother's 30th anniversary is coming up, so it is the perfect time for Itoi and Nintendo to finally give us western fans Mother 3.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
So The Hero got me thinking about something regarding Sylux.

Let's say, purely hypothetically, that Sylux is DLC fighter #4 or #5, and he gets three of his fellow hunters as alts. Who would you pick out of Spire, Trace, Weavel, Noxus and Kanden to be his alts?

I'd personally pick Trace, Weavel and Kanden.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Let's say, purely hypothetically, that Sylux is DLC fighter #4 or #5, and he gets three of his fellow hunters as alts. Who would you pick out of Spire, Trace, Weavel, Noxus and Kanden to be his alts?

Gotta go with my boys Trace and Kanden, of course. Weavel's a must.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

I think those three are a no-brainer

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The way they had K. Rool return in the Banjo trailer got me thinking.. If another Metroid character ever happened (Sylux being the only shot at this point really), for a trailer I can picture like Samus and Ridley being at some random space station, either them tuckered out from fighting or them exchanging blows like usual, but then a smoke suddenly appears... You see some green light shining from the smoke, as they stand there looking confused, and he comes out and zaps them with shock coil as he makes his reveal and gameplay debut.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The way they had K. Rool return in the Banjo trailer got me thinking.. If another Metroid character ever happened (Sylux being the only shot at this point really), for a trailer I can picture like Samus and Ridley being at some random space station, either them tuckered out from fighting or them exchanging blows like usual, but then a smoke suddenly appears... You see some green light shining from the smoke, as they stand there looking confused, and he comes out and zaps them with shock coil as he makes his reveal and gameplay debut.
Don't forget about Dark Samus. She has to be in there too so that the whole Metroid gang can be together in it just like the DK/Rare gang was for Banjo & Kazooie's trailer.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget about Dark Samus. She has to be in there too so that the whole Metroid gang can be together in it just like the DK/Rare gang was for Banjo & Kazooie's trailer.
I always liked the idea of DS and Ridley both beating up on Samus and just as she has the disadvantage they get blasted by lightning. Samus looks over hopeful for help but then gets kicked away as Sylux is reveal.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
By no means take today as rock solid confirmation; but we should keep this from last year in the back of our minds for the coming months.

image0.png

Obviously being a 4chan post means it's quite shaky, particularly on the Square Enix part since Erdrick wasn't mentioned (though in fairness Square reportedly spread fake names to weed out leakers, so maybe that's an explanation). If you consider the Square part being right as any sort of added vindication, then over half of the list suggested in this post is correct.

Of course, this could've been an extremely lucky guess made by someone bored. Maybe there's real and fake information in there. But one thing is definitely true; since Erdrick and Banjo have pretty much eliminated the truly major leaks for now, no one's going to have any direction for speculating on the remaining two characters. Part of me believes the rest of the pass could be entirely third party based on precedent (Smash 4's newcomer DLC was largely third party, except Corrin), but then I was reminded of this post's existence. And then I thought:

1560297562173.png

I fully expect, once leakers get correct information again after a few months, that the 4chan post will be disproved. But until then, it's something to use as a reference.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Seeming as Vergeben a day prior to the direct or so confirmed Erdrick/The Hero(es) and said he's 99% sure Banjo and Kazooie would be revealed(since he still had a few sources telling him Steve probably while a majority were telling him Banjo and Kazooie)... I'd say the guy has gotten back some of his credibility.

It's interesting though to see that person basically get that stuff almost one-to-one. Sans the SE stuff but, they were throwing out A LOT of leakbait characters so no one truly knew who for Square Enix. Otherwise, Joker and Banjo are right, I've been saying I always thought Sylux would be the last one to be revealed if he were to happen, just due to guessing Prime 4 would be releasing at the tail end of this year, with the deadline for the fighter pass being Feb. 2020 but... that was before the development restart happened, but even with that he makes sense to be the last since Prime 4 would still be releasing later on.

Only thing that makes me cautious is Edelgard, sure she's the most popular of the Three Houses main characters group as of now, but I don't exactly think they'd skip out on the main protagonist, Byleth, for her (as much as I'd prefer an axe user over another sword user, Byleth has that time-rewind ability gimmick, which almost every DLC Newcomer fighter has a gimmick, then their sword is also a whip... so basically Marth + Tracer + Belmonts = Byleth).

That said, I still have hope... though personally, if we are to get only one First-Party Nintendo Rep in the fighter pass my hopes and dreams go out to Sylux. Since I think the potential Namco Bandai gets a second rep is still on the table, and well... my profile picture as of now says who I'd rather it be for them. Otherwise if the remaining two slots are Nintendo Reps, I'm hoping for Sylux still but with the addition of Porky.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Now that I have Banjo my top two most wanted at this point are Doom Marine and Sylux, and I actually think Sylux has a chance. Why didn't he get a spirit, despite being the only Hunter that's important currently? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
By no means take today as rock solid confirmation; but we should keep this from last year in the back of our minds for the coming months.

View attachment 227537

Obviously being a 4chan post means it's quite shaky, particularly on the Square Enix part since Erdrick wasn't mentioned (though in fairness Square reportedly spread fake names to weed out leakers, so maybe that's an explanation). If you consider the Square part being right as any sort of added vindication, then over half of the list suggested in this post is correct.

Of course, this could've been an extremely lucky guess made by someone bored. Maybe there's real and fake information in there. But one thing is definitely true; since Erdrick and Banjo have pretty much eliminated the truly major leaks for now, no one's going to have any direction for speculating on the remaining two characters. Part of me believes the rest of the pass could be entirely third party based on precedent (Smash 4's newcomer DLC was largely third party, except Corrin), but then I was reminded of this post's existence. And then I thought:

View attachment 227541

I fully expect, once leakers get correct information again after a few months, that the 4chan post will be disproved. But until then, it's something to use as a reference.
Getting somewhat 3 out of the 5 right is crazy to guess so this could be real, but I doubt it is. But boi if we see a Fire Emblem Three Houses rep as the next DLC fighter than that means Sylux is in.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Getting somewhat 3 out of the 5 right is crazy to guess so this could be real, but I doubt it is. But boi if we see a Fire Emblem Three Houses rep as the next DLC fighter than that means Sylux is in.
I was discussing this leak with other people and there are 2 reactions:

1. What kills it is that the leaked wouldn't commit to certain characters but was guessing at companies. (Every leaker anc their mom shouted Microsoft and Square, so not getting the right square rep is suspicious)

2. What kills it is Sylux. That's not happening
These people are the worst but that seems to be the general opinion

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I was discussing this leak with other people and there are 2 reactions:

1. What kills it is that the leaked wouldn't commit to certain characters but was guessing at companies. (Every leaker anc their mom shouted Microsoft and Square, so not getting the right square rep is suspicious)

2. What kills it is Sylux. That's not happening
These people are the worst but that seems to be the general opinion
Really the first point against is easily debunkable as every leaker was being told like... 7+ names at the same time by various sources. It isn't that hard to imagine for the Square Rep some leakers didn't want to specify due to the variety of information.

Secondly, dumb reason. They'd need to have actual evidence to support why Sylux would de-confirm it, and there isn't much for that especially since Sylux is a first party series with a major game release planned.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Really the first point against is easily debunkable as every leaker was being told like... 7+ names at the same time by various sources. It isn't that hard to imagine for the Square Rep some leakers didn't want to specify due to the variety of information.

Secondly, dumb reason. They'd need to have actual evidence to support why Sylux would de-confirm it, and there isn't much for that especially since Sylux is a first party series with a major game release planned.
Everytime I advocate Sylux, people respond with the delightfull:
"He was a side character from one obscure game. We don't even know if he's in MP4 yet, let alone if hell be important. Also, Metroid already got 2 new characters this game, you should be gratefull!"

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

View attachment 227537

View attachment 227541

So basically with the recent character confirms, we're searching for full DLC roster leaks that got the first 3 correct or mostly correct and then working from there? Winter is gonna be pretty interesting since that's when info for #4 and #5 show up (assuming, of course, no new codenames show up once people datamine the Hero Patch and/or the Banjo Patch)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
"He was a side character from one obscure game. We don't even know if he's in MP4 yet, let alone if hell be important. Also, Metroid already got 2 new characters this game, you should be gratefull!"
That's unfair to those who genuinely just want to have him regardless of existing Metroid "reps". I mean there were those who only supported Sylux during a time we were conditioned to think we'd never get Ridley and Dark Samus during/after SSB4, but he's always had a somewhat sizeable supportbase too, much as any other 1st or 3rd party that people advocate for now. Everyone's up for grabs in this DLC era, and Sylux isn't any less worthy than others I see people typically push for. Still kinda doubt he'll happen, but then again I haven't had the faintest idea who to expect during this whole fighter pass, and leaks haven't really changed that too much.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
That's is on so many levels wrong, it just kinda proves how many people don't pay attention to Metroid and it's lore and that saddens me. Since, seeming as they neglect to bring up the Federation Force ending featuring him stealing a Baby Metroid as the obvious set up to Prime 4 and the multitude of times the series director has said he has interest in Sylux and would like to feature him more... they know nothing.

That last part really just makes me feel some anger, Metroid fans aren't allowed to desire a third newcomer for Ultimate or the next game while in cases in the past...

Melee: Mario series obtains Peach, Bowser, and Dr. Mario as newcomers, no one yelling at the Mario fan base for wanting a fourth or fifth character in future installments, etc. etc.

Smash 4: Fire Emblem gets three new reps, Lucina, Robin, Corrin, with a bonus of Roy returning, even split on people getting mad at Fire Emblem fans for wanting another rep or two though now of days more people are defending it.

Meanwhile in Ultimate: Metroid gets two reps after ten years, Ridley and Dark Samus, we ask for one more, just Sylux, not like we're asking for five more reps, just one more and most of us are finally satisfied for the rest of the Smash series with Metroid's representation, people yell at us.

Honestly, I really am just hoping that's a vocal minority and not a vocal majority, since a series already gaining x amount of representation in a single game was and never has been a valid reason to say why a character cannot get in or shouldn't get in.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Sylux also makes an appearance in the secret ending of Corruption. That, alongside the Tanabe interviews and the ending of Federation Force, shows that they're very obviously building up to Sylux having an important role at some point in the future, most likely Metroid Prime 4. In fact, if it wasn't for these factors, I am certain this thread wouldn't have any traction in the first place. Metroid fans didn't start advocating for Sylux as a potential DLC character for no reason whatsoever after all.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...s_seeking_an_art_director_for_metroid_prime_4

Well, given this recent update, MP4's development will take a while still.

That's is on so many levels wrong, it just kinda proves how many people don't pay attention to Metroid and it's lore and that saddens me. Since, seeming as they neglect to bring up the Federation Force ending featuring him stealing a Baby Metroid as the obvious set up to Prime 4 and the multitude of times the series director has said he has interest in Sylux and would like to feature him more... they know nothing.

That last part really just makes me feel some anger, Metroid fans aren't allowed to desire a third newcomer for Ultimate or the next game while in cases in the past...

Melee: Mario series obtains Peach, Bowser, and Dr. Mario as newcomers, no one yelling at the Mario fan base for wanting a fourth or fifth character in future installments, etc. etc.

Smash 4: Fire Emblem gets three new reps, Lucina, Robin, Corrin, with a bonus of Roy returning, even split on people getting mad at Fire Emblem fans for wanting another rep or two though now of days more people are defending it.

Meanwhile in Ultimate: Metroid gets two reps after ten years, Ridley and Dark Samus, we ask for one more, just Sylux, not like we're asking for five more reps, just one more and most of us are finally satisfied for the rest of the Smash series with Metroid's representation, people yell at us.

Honestly, I really am just hoping that's a vocal minority and not a vocal majority, since a series already gaining x amount of representation in a single game was and never has been a valid reason to say why a character cannot get in or shouldn't get in.
Couldn't agree more. It doesn't help that historically, Japan audiences haven't cared much about Metroid. And that's not even mentioning what Donkey Kong and Kirby fans have to go through for their fan wants...

Things like this just make me glad that fans aren't assistant directors for this series.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...s_seeking_an_art_director_for_metroid_prime_4

Well, given this recent update, MP4's development will take a while still.

Couldn't agree more. It doesn't help that historically, Japan audiences haven't cared much about Metroid. And that's not even mentioning what Donkey Kong and Kirby fans have to go through for their fan wants...

Things like this just make me glad that fans aren't assistant directors for this series.

We've waited this long for Metroid Prime 4, we can wait longer. I hope they can find the right person for the job though.

But yeah, DK fans had to wait ten years for a single character, albeit unique. We shared the same time of waiting for a new unique character in the form of Ridley while Dark Samus takes an Echo Fighter, while for Kirby... well, they haven't gotten their new rep, and I'm honestly surprised since Bandana Dee has been quite a large request worldwide. Of course Marx has risen up to popularity thanks to Star Allies and his boss appearance, honestly wouldn't mind him being added in as a Kirby rep with a Galacta Knight Echo Fighter tbh.

For the DK fans, I hope Dixie joins the battle next time, perhaps even the OG DK in the form of Cranky can get off his rocking chair too. Us Metroid fans mostly just desire Sylux now as the cherry on top. Then I do personally think a new Kirby rep or two will happen... eventually, as Bandana seemed as a safe pick but two times now has been glossed over.

Of course while not as scrutinized, I hope the Earthbound fans eventually get their cherries on top in the form of Porky and Ninten as an Echo Fighter.

All we gotta do is wait and be patient, soon enough details shall come out and we shall receive our answers.

I know I speculated in another thread about this, but I feel like the next fighter pass character, or even the next two could be revealed in the same month as EVO or the one right after, just kinda... feels right. I also feel like the characters will be released in winter 2019 and early 2020, as both take place in winter and so far every character has been revealed to launch in a different season.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know I speculated in another thread about this, but I feel like the next fighter pass character, or even the next two could be revealed in the same month as EVO or the one right after, just kinda... feels right. I also feel like the characters will be released in winter 2019 and early 2020, as both take place in winter and so far every character has been revealed to launch in a different season.
That sounds about right, seeing as the pass' deadline is February. Once that happens, we'll finally find out for sure what's in store for the future of Ultimate's development cycle and shelf life.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
That sounds about right, seeing as the pass' deadline is February. Once that happens, we'll finally find out for sure what's in store for the future of Ultimate's development cycle and shelf life.
Indeed, since not counting what we've got confirmed so far, we still have those extra ten empty slots.

Which I do honestly think is realistic to use for future fighter passes as Switch's lifespan is supposed to be till 2027, we only get one smash game per console, so... putting a new games worth of newcomers does seem as an easy way to get people over till the next Nintendo console with the next smash bros. on it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Indeed, since not counting what we've got confirmed so far, we still have those extra ten empty slots.

Which I do honestly think is realistic to use for future fighter passes as Switch's lifespan is supposed to be till 2027, we only get one smash game per console, so... putting a new games worth of newcomers does seem as an easy way to get people over till the next Nintendo console with the next smash bros. on it.
Yep, it helps stave off the need for a sequel for a bit, seeing as Sakurai's half-joking estimate for it is 10 years from now.

Although it's best not to bring it up much outside this thread, it's quite difficult to convince people that the next two slots may not be the end. It's almost like the Box Theory days all over again.

Edit: Yup, I can confirm. I am never going to bring up the possibility of DLC after pack 5 ever again until February hits. People actively want to fight over those damn two spots.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Yep, it helps stave off the need for a sequel for a bit, seeing as Sakurai's half-joking estimate for it is 10 years from now.

Although it's best not to bring it up much outside this thread, it's quite difficult to convince people that the next two slots may not be the end. It's almost like the Box Theory days all over again.

Edit: Yup, I can confirm. I am never going to bring up the possibility of DLC after pack 5 ever again until February hits. People actively want to fight over those damn two spots.
Most importantly, Sakurai once said he doesn't like the concept of the fighter pass and people take that as confirmation there won't be more DLC as if it's his decision

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I don't thinks Sylux is one of the two remaining dlcs but in another fighter pass I can see him happening.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Most importantly, Sakurai once said he doesn't like the concept of the fighter pass and people take that as confirmation there won't be more DLC as if it's his decision
I mean, he doesn't control every decision. After all, he was appointed as Brawl's director behind his back.

I wish that people weren't so literally-minded in this fandom. :drshrug:

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
He doesn't like the concept, yeah okay, but if nintendo ask him to doing another one he will. There's no reason to think it cannot happen .

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I mean, he doesn't control every decision. After all, he was appointed as Brawl's director behind his back.

I wish that people weren't so literally-minded in this fandom. :drshrug:
Indeed, it's also Nintendo that picked out the fighters too.

Then again, I think we all recall Sakurai saying during the brawl days Banjo-Kazooie was impossible due to legal issues but...

Here we are now with the bear and bird duo coming to the game.

Also, I never recall Sakurai saying he dislikes the fighter pass stuff. I do however remember him saying he thinks it's a better idea to make a new game than to keep continuing support for an old game so new ideas and such can truly flourish. But he still understands the appeal of that and sometimes the need for it as well.

Then again, nothing is concrete and ideals, values, opinions and such can change over time. While it's also true there's nothing stating we can't have two Smash games on one system either, it just seems a bit redundant in my eyes. I think its also a common practice when it comes with fighting games to have one main line entry per console generation? Correct me if I'm wrong on that

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Indeed, it's also Nintendo that picked out the fighters too.

Then again, I think we all recall Sakurai saying during the brawl days Banjo-Kazooie was impossible due to legal issues but...

Here we are now with the bear and bird duo coming to the game.

Also, I never recall Sakurai saying he dislikes the fighter pass stuff. I do however remember him saying he thinks it's a better idea to make a new game than to keep continuing support for an old game so new ideas and such can truly flourish. But he still understands the appeal of that and sometimes the need for it as well.

Then again, nothing is concrete and ideals, values, opinions and such can change over time. While it's also true there's nothing stating we can't have two Smash games on one system either, it just seems a bit redundant in my eyes. I think its also a common practice when it comes with fighting games to have one main line entry per console generation? Correct me if I'm wrong on that
Generally speaking, when it comes to sequels, fighting game devs are more inclined to rerelease the same game with various additions and adjustments. Minor, usually. Modern days are a little better about this, mostly.

That being said, his stance on Smash game frequency doesn't appear to have changed, given his half-joking comment of "wouldn't it be great if the next Smash was 10 years later?". So, I don't really think we'll see a Super Mario Galaxy 2 situation, given how Sakurai gives it his all for only once a generation.

Meh whatever, talking about this is pointless, we should just wait until February to know for sure what'll happen.

Last edited:

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
He published a book recently, and among other Smash-related things, Sakurai mentioned that he didn't like the idea of the Fighter's Pass because paying for unknown contents seems a wee bit scary to him.

Personally, I don't think there's going to be a Fighter's Pass 2? It makes sense from a business standpoint, but Sakurai & the entire Smash team have been working on Smash Bros. non-stop since Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U & Nintendo 3DS , you'd think that Nintendo will give them a break eventually.
Obviously Sakurai doesn't have a say in this, but he's also mentioned that DLC development is quite tiring and time consuming, so I'm not even sure how willing the team would be to produce even more DLC. Nintendo's going to have to account for that, right?

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo can ask sakurai to do it but nothing stop him for having a breal from time to time it's sakurai himself who decide to work non stop. And nothing say the second fighter pass will come directly after the first one we can have months before they actually announce it

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
He published a book recently, and among other Smash-related things, Sakurai mentioned that he didn't like the idea of the Fighter's Pass because paying for unknown contents seems a wee bit scary to him.

Personally, I don't think there's going to be a Fighter's Pass 2? It makes sense from a business standpoint, but Sakurai & the entire Smash team have been working on Smash Bros. non-stop since Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U & Nintendo 3DS , you'd think that Nintendo will give them a break eventually.
Obviously Sakurai doesn't have a say in this, but he's also mentioned that DLC development is quite tiring and time consuming, so I'm not even sure how willing the team would be to produce even more DLC. Nintendo's going to have to account for that, right?
Ah yes, I remember this now. This is more based in the fact he doesn't like selling a product to people and they don't necessarily know what's in it. For example... the people who wished to refund their fighter pass because The Hero(es) got in but couldn't. (Also, screenshots of the DQ stage came out, final destination reskin but with hazards, aka a sign Square got stingy again).

None of us are saying it'll be directly after fighter number five, probably a few months after it a second one would be announced, by E3 of 2020 at latest probably.

Every developer on the Smash team has to keep doing what whoever pays them says, it's their job and so they have to keep doing it till the bosses say they're good to stop and then they get to their next project. Game developers don't really have breaks from what I understand, it's complete one project and then move onto the next almost. Of course though any hard work would make anyone tired, even programming and such. That said, Sakurai makes his own hours and such, as he's an independent developer actually, not someone who directly works for Nintendo (anymore) or Bandai Namco, etc. etc. he's stated he could not show up for a day and two and there'd be no problems with that.

The reason why he works so much and why these developers keep giving it their all to these games, DLCs, etc. etc. is because their passionate about their work and such. That said... I honestly do get really pissed off when people try painting the passion of game developers as them being tortured to work countless hours and such, they do it because they want to. If they didn't? Nothing is stopping them from quitting. I'm sure there is a short breathing time between projects actually where they do get a "break" but with how game development is, but I don't imagine it to be anything more than a week. That said, it's just their passion, not torture.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, what are the devs going to do when nobody else comes after slot 5? Rebalance the game for 10 years? It's silly.

Besides, it's not like they're tethered to their work desks.

Ah yes, I remember this now. This is more based in the fact he doesn't like selling a product to people and they don't necessarily know what's in it. For example... the people who wished to refund their fighter pass because The Hero(es) got in but couldn't. (Also, screenshots of the DQ stage came out, final destination reskin but with hazards, aka a sign Square got stingy again).
I'll lay it on here once again; there's nothing that could be more disappointing than when Decapre got announced as the last DLC character for Street Fighter 4. Also, most of the SFV DLC season 2 characters are newcomers to the SF series, which weren't expected before the reveal, so yeah...

I bet Sakurai would show nothing but amazement at how transparent Beenox has been in regards to their launch DLC, casually revealing the content of three seasons right off the bat, completely ending the career of leakers. Sure, racer characters are much easier to work on than fighting game characters, but still.

Top Bottom