• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Of The Federation - Sylux for Smash Ultimate (DLC)

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
>Posting super early in the morning

I see you, too, are a man of sleep deprivation culture. To support my sandless man of slumberland, I took up your search for this interview, and found only one Tanabe Interview on that website....it does not mention that person's quote, and is dated as being posted on the Fifth of August, 2015. This is the only Nintendo-Oriented August 2015 Interview on their website. Searches turn up no other Metroid Interview with the name 'Tanabe'.

Meanwhile, we still have the Eurogamer Interview where Tanabe muses on the concept of a singular planet and some sort of time-warp mechanic/gimmick like Echoes' Light/Dark worlds.

--------

Also, I saw that in the musics section...not gonna lie, I forgot most of the game's music, but seeing the name made me happy. But then I got mad because they had the audacity to claim the Star Fox: Assault version of Star Wolf's Theme came from Star Fox 64.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, even after looking at page two, I'm blind.

But if all this information holds up true, we could end up with Metroid Prime 4 Emulating Echoes in both world and mechanics, but also having a storytelling blend of Echoes and Corruption.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
As someone who hasn't played any of the Prime games, I know next to nothing about Sylux, but I love Super Metroid a whole lot. The problem I have with Sylux is that he doesn't really appeal to metroid fans as a whole, just to Prime fans... which is most Metroid fans probably. A character who can heal as a major gimmick of their moveset sounds awesome to me, but Sylux just seems so.. meh? No offense to anyone here, but I'm just curious why you want Sylux over any other Metroid character? I never heard anyone even say his name until he wasn't a spirit in Ultimate.

(The best Metroid rep is obviously spore spawn, smh.)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As someone who hasn't played any of the Prime games, I know next to nothing about Sylux, but I love Super Metroid a whole lot. The problem I have with Sylux is that he doesn't really appeal to metroid fans as a whole, just to Prime fans... which is most Metroid fans probably. A character who can heal as a major gimmick of their moveset sounds awesome to me, but Sylux just seems so.. meh? No offense to anyone here, but I'm just curious why you want Sylux over any other Metroid character? I never heard anyone even say his name until he wasn't a spirit in Ultimate.

(The best Metroid rep is obviously spore spawn, smh.)
He's the guy who has a beef with Samus/Federation, so that gets people curious about a mystery. Also, he's the only hunter that even gets reused to some extent, while the others are either absent or dead. Also also, it would the first time Metroid can get a shooting character that doesn't reuse Samus' template like DS ended up doing.

Anthony Higgs would be neat, but not many people rally up behind him because of Other M's status. Mother Brain is a maybe, but we honestly don't know if Sakurai would seriously consider her.

(At least your pick makes more sense than Prof Fandango's, who somehow thinks the fuzzy thing from Other M can be considered: https://www.deviantart.com/professorfandango/art/SMASH-150-035-LITTLE-BIRDIE-722956695.)

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
He's the guy who has a beef with Samus/Federation, so that gets people curious about a mystery. Also, he's the only hunter that even gets reused to some extent, while the others are either absent or dead. Also also, it would the first time Metroid can get a shooting character that doesn't reuse Samus' template like DS ended up doing.

Anthony Higgs would be neat, but not many people rally up behind him because of Other M's status. Mother Brain is a maybe, but we honestly don't know if Sakurai would seriously consider her.

(At least your pick makes more sense than Prof Fandango's, who somehow thinks the fuzzy thing from Other M can be considered: https://www.deviantart.com/professorfandango/art/SMASH-150-035-LITTLE-BIRDIE-722956695.)
Mother Brain's second form from SM would be awesome. The characters I was thinking of were Chozo/Torizo, a Metroid (one of the ones with legs from Metroid 2), or a space pirate. All three of which are (in my opinion) more recognizable and interesting, but again I haven't played any Prime games yet.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This is the exact source of that quote above, and it’s accurate (minus the glaring typos from the article itself). A small fraction of a larger piece on the then freshly revealed Federation Force. Wow I did not realize there was another page of posts before searching for the article and noticing it was found already. Derp.

I would take it as a pseudo confirmation of more Prime titles except that 4 needs to actually do well to merit them, and I hope the team working on P4 know that.

(Though if you’re talking about jumping in the timeline then a Hunters remake with a more fleshed out narrative like the one Corruption had would be a very good first step.)

If anything, the long explicit interest of raising Sylux’s profile logistically makes it a no brainer for Nintendo to have it on that suggestion list of theirs since the inclusion doubles as awareness for Prime 4. Correlation doesn’t equal causation, but it’s not unlikely that Fire Emblem Fates got a sales boost from Corrin’s inclusion.

E3 is probably where Prime 4 will get shown off again, imo. Makes for good publicity and show stealing capability.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This is the exact source of that quote above, and it’s accurate (minus the glaring typos from the article itself). A small fraction of a larger piece on the then freshly revealed Federation Force. Wow I did not realize there was another page of posts before searching for the article and noticing it was found already. Derp.

I would take it as a pseudo confirmation of more Prime titles except that 4 needs to actually do well to merit them, and I hope the team working on P4 knowing that.

(Though if you’re talking about jumping in the timeline then a Hunters remake with a more fleshed out narrative like the one Corruption had would be a very good first step.)

If anything, the long explicit interest of raising Sylux’s profile logistically makes it a no brainer for Nintendo to have it on that suggestion list of theirs since the inclusion doubles as awareness for Prime 4. Correlation doesn’t equal causation, but it’s not unlikely that Fire Emblem Fates got a sales boost from Corrin’s inclusion.

E3 is probably where Prime 4 will get shown off again, imo. Makes for good publicity and show stealing capability.
And unlike with Corrin's situation, Sylux would be a character that had prior establishment, so it's a win-win.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Hunters remake though, the other hunters in that are legitimately interesting in their own ways.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
When it comes to Metroid Reps, we've...sort of hit the ceiling when it comes to prospective choices. We either have:

- Generic Enemies (Space Pirate, Metroid, ETC)
- Generic concepts (Chozo, Chozo Statue, ETC)
- Enemies of unusual size (Mother Brain Form Two, Kraid...Moreso than Ridley)
- One-Off characters who are dead (Rhundas and the other hunters from Prime Three, Adam Malkovich)
- Characters we meet who are already dead (Like- all those scanable bodies throughout the Prime Trilogy)
- One-Off characters who are alive(Anthony Higgs, U-MOS, The other Prime Hunters, Fleet Admiral Castor Dane)
- One-Off characters who are not fighters.
- Characters already in Smash (Samus, Dark Samus, Ridley.)
- Sylux. (who is both alive and not a One-Off, while also shaping up to be an important Prime 4 figure.)

Metroid...is not known for its character list, and most of them either come from the Prime series, Other: M, or are repeated bosses from the traditional Metroid formula. We already have three heavy-hitters in Smash to boot (These being the Samus, Her Eternal Nemesis, and then the main antagonist for the Prime Trilogy). We then have Mother Brain as an Assist Trophy...a pretty good one, at that. Personally, I'd have been down for a Mother Brain Phase Two Boss Fight.

But, bringing up Kraid...I wonder if we'll see the cancelled Meta-Kraid from Prime 1 appear in some capacity in Prime 4....

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
When it comes to Metroid Reps, we've...sort of hit the ceiling when it comes to prospective choices. We either have:

- Generic Enemies (Space Pirate, Metroid, ETC)
- Generic concepts (Chozo, Chozo Statue, ETC)
- Enemies of unusual size (Mother Brain Form Two, Kraid...Moreso than Ridley)
- One-Off characters who are dead (Rhundas and the other hunters from Prime Three, Adam Malkovich)
- Characters we meet who are already dead (Like- all those scanable bodies throughout the Prime Trilogy)
- One-Off characters who are alive(Anthony Higgs, U-MOS, The other Prime Hunters, Fleet Admiral Castor Dane)
- One-Off characters who are not fighters.
- Characters already in Smash (Samus, Dark Samus, Ridley.)
- Sylux. (who is both alive and not a One-Off, while also shaping up to be an important Prime 4 figure.)

Metroid...is not known for its character list, and most of them either come from the Prime series, Other: M, or are repeated bosses from the traditional Metroid formula. We already have three heavy-hitters in Smash to boot (These being the Samus, Her Eternal Nemesis, and then the main antagonist for the Prime Trilogy). We then have Mother Brain as an Assist Trophy...a pretty good one, at that. Personally, I'd have been down for a Mother Brain Phase Two Boss Fight.

But, bringing up Kraid...I wonder if we'll see the cancelled Meta-Kraid from Prime 1 appear in some capacity in Prime 4....
Exactly. As far as I'm concerned, Sylux is the only viable choice left, and then Metroid will pretty much be complete.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
And even if we wanted, say, a Space Pirate...why go for a generic one when we have a Space Pirate Cyborg who can split in half, slashing people with an energy scythe while also shooting people with their crotch turret? Oh....also he has a pretty good and personal reason for hating Samus.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I'd burst out laughing if Kraid eventually becomes a playable fighter with the biggest model of all.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
I mean? Real talk, despite saying it's not logical...I also would totally down for it; Imagine being Kraid on Brimstar Depths...but then Kraid shows up in the background. I mean- I guess that'd make him the real Kraid, while you're the optional Fake-Kraid from Super Metroid?

-----------------

But looking at all our Metroid options, and the assorted reasons for/against their inclusion, I can see the following as being the top ten of our known choices:

1. Sylux
2. Weavil (Has basically everything that Sylux has going for him, minus multiple appearances)
3. The other Prime: Hunters Hunters.
4. Fusion Suit Samus (Some sort of Samus/ZSS Hybrid?)
5. Kraid
6. The Prime 3: Corruption Hunters (AKA just Rhundas)
7. Anthony Higgs
8. Adam Malkovich
9. Iconic major non-boss creature
10. Notable unlisted NPC

Honorable Mention: Mother Brain (Second Form...even if it's not the best idea.)

-----------------

Looking at Sylux (and Weavil) as characters, I could easily see them making the process simpler and essentially making Sylux the Falco/Wolf to Samus' Fox. Give them a new Up-B, a few different attacks using the Shock Coil, remove the Super Missile ability from their missiles (As that was exclusive to Samus in Prime: Hunters) then make Down-B either a toggle into their alt mode, or have them drop their trip wires; spamming down-B would help give Sylux long distance horizontal recovery...so give them a weaker Up-B to compensate, and/or give them a Shock Coil tether function?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
A Sylux semi-clone would be...fine, and technically fitting given how it is thematically an offshoot to Samus, but there'd be a noticeable opportunity cost of uniqueness in exchange.

Therein lies a tiny issue that Dark Samus only highlights more: Samus herself continues to have the generic moveset she's had since 64 and Melee, forever unchanged.
Mind you, I'd take a semi-clone over not having the character at all, but in a series where one of the highlights is varied weaponry, the main heroine and her doppelganger resort to punches, kicks and similar physically based moves across what, 80% of their shared moveset? It was understandable for the time Smash was born in, but looking at it today, it ain't right and I'd prefer that if the series gets another character, they have a little more emphasis on shooting.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
I feel that Samus' currently 'weight' would work with Hunter Semi-Clones, but do agree that Samus has needed an upgrade since Brawl. However, my main problem with a primarily shooting emphasis comes from playing Mii Gunner.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like me some of Mii Gunner's Moves and that Ray MKlll Costume obviously and especially the up-air and Forward-Smash...but I feel like going down this path would make Samus even slower...and that already does not fit with Samus' depiction in her main series (Notably in the non-Prime games, honestly.) That said, I'd probably want Semi-Clones of Samus after Samus herself had a proper re-tooling...and not what they did with Base Link. That disappoints me to no end.

There's also the notion of making a Semi-Clone as a DLC character...which, if that was the route they went, would only be more the reason not to make Sylux the sole announcement of some event.

--------------------

Someone made a thread a week or two ago that talked about making an echo for every character. I ended up suggesting 'Fusion Suit Samus' as a hybrid Echo between Samus and ZSS...and, honestly? Mixing the two up might be the way to go to upgrading Samus. Making use of the Grapple Beam in weapon form (and then giving that trait to Sylux), alongside some of her more 'Traditional' Smash moves, an increase in mobility, and the inclusion of new attacks (I really like Mii Gunner's Forward-Smash) might be the way to go.

The fact Mii Gunner shares so much with Samus (even ignoring custom moves) is upsetting as is; I'd rather her old moves that they share stay on the Mii Gunner, while she herself gets kitted out in new tech...I dunno...give her the option to also put down power bombs instead of normal bombs?It's a tough one, for certain.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Changing direction a bit, there's a bit from Sakurai's latest column/Famitsu interview that hasn't been brought up here yet and could add an extra layer of support for Sylux getting in:

Sakurai selected Piranha Plant because a game full of protagonists and major players isn’t terribly interesting. A lineup full of plain-old heroes is boring. Just like Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt, Piranha Plant brings something special and unique to the roster. He anticipates Piranha Plant to be a rather unconventional fighter.
Sakurai evidently toys with characters that have these kinds of traits (lesser known with unconventional qualities) fairly often. Sylux arguably falls under those parameters with ease (for instance, life drain weaponry and trap based gameplay are rare sights even in a 70+ character roster), not to mention that it ain't no hero.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Sylux is shaping up to be a major character in some form or another, but currently they certainly aren't known outside of those dedicated to the Metroid (Prime) Franchise and its story; people who might consider themselves 'purists' have likely not touched Prime: Hunters (and especially not Federation Force) and outsiders to the Franchise will look at Metroid and see...Samus...Also Ridley, maybe. Also cue jokes about 'Metroid being a girl'.

But I do think that, if they were on this 'Nintendo-Approved Candidate List', Sylux would pique Sakurai's interests:

- Not a protagonist or the most known (outside of their Franchise's dedicated fanbase.)
- Upcoming Role in a Future Nintendo Game (Maybe. And, even then, who knows how much Sakurai knows of said future game.)
- The above makes Nintendo happy for a self-promotional pick.
- Zippy-Zappy Life Drain Weaponry (For close-but-ranged combat.)
- Electric-Based Traps
- Has his own theme song.

...But we also don't know who was on this list outside of Persona's Joker...and Persona was certainly something Sakurai liked.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's rather evident that Sakurai and the Smash team tend to know about future releases to a degree when including content in Smash games. In Ultimate alone there's content and/or details from stuff like Odyssey, BOTW, ARMS, Xenoblade 2, the Labo, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Pokemon Sun/Moon. Some of them are as old as the Switch or even predate it, a few barely came out this year, and we know that Ultimate began work right after Bayonetta and Corrin showed up in Smash 4. Nintendo likely has the team up to date with new releases to add content for them; Labo, for instance, only came out eight months ago and it has a Mii costume.

Beyond that, who knows. We don't even truly know who's making Prime 4 yet (though if Bamco is making it, then that would make cross team cooperation much easier).

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
So... another DLC character for leaked and has information backing it up.

I'll link the article here that contains it:
Think this impacts Sylux in anyway? I'm really not keen on believing leaks but I notice the evidence is right and fits in regardless, even if it does basically fall up to other factors besides the Granblue stuff if it's true or not.

Regardless I will be slightly upset if all the DLC characters were chosen solely to promote future releases and such... like we all know Sylux would be a promotional character but if the entire pass was promotional characters it'd kinda sting since it could throw out characters a lot of fans want like Banjo and Kazooie (which with the factor Issac is an assist trophy, are the most wanted characters in the states that could happen) and instead just promote... Steve from minecraft, meaning other characters that may not have future releases in their series are completely out of the question if this is right... at least that's what could be inferred.

Said characters would have to rely on a ballot like King K Rool did, as Nintendo were surprised how many people wanted him, and that probably is what got him his spot in Ultimate.

Last edited:

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Well, by my own beliefs: A leak is a lie without evidence, and the burden of proof falls to the leaker. Regardless of their being truthful or not, they cannot present this evidence without jeopardizing themselves or their alleged sources. Even if events line up with that leak, without evidence this is simply a coincidence; evidence cannot simply be pointing to something and saying 'this has happened, therefore I am correct'.

------------

When it comes to Sylux, I would say that there is no change: As a promotional pick, and a fighter from one of Nintendo's bigger names (though perhaps not one of its bigger Franchises), Sylux's chances are already among the higher end when it comes to Nintendo First-Party options. I cannot think of many other First Party names that supersede Sylux that are either not in the game yet, are 'deconfirmed' by fan rules, or without knowing anything about them as a character (See: Fire Emblem: Three Houses).

Sylux's main points of competition, I believe, come from Third Parties. But, either way, we know nothing about this Nintendo-Approved list of selectable options for Sakurai and the Smash Team to pick from.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>humoring text "leaks"
>again

I expected better from Nintendo Life.

Katamari_Damacy_Our_Fault.png

Anyway, we have no definite proof for this, especially given the precedent set by 4 (take Ryu, who was only leaked the day before his reveal).

Changing direction a bit, there's a bit from Sakurai's latest column/Famitsu interview that hasn't been brought up here yet and could add an extra layer of support for Sylux getting in:

Sakurai evidently toys with characters that have these kinds of traits (lesser known with unconventional qualities) fairly often. Sylux arguably falls under those parameters with ease (for instance, life drain weaponry and trap based gameplay are rare sights even in a 70+ character roster), not to mention that it ain't no hero.
Actually, I think he was talking less about less conventional moveset potential, and more about characters that don't have a typical "heroic/statuesque" build, and purposely picked as goofy joke picks.

Well, by my own beliefs: A leak is a lie without evidence, and the burden of proof falls to the leaker. Regardless of their being truthful or not, they cannot present this evidence without jeopardizing themselves or their alleged sources. Even if events line up with that leak, without evidence this is simply a coincidence; evidence cannot simply be pointing to something and saying 'this has happened, therefore I am correct'.

------------

When it comes to Sylux, I would say that there is no change: As a promotional pick, and a fighter from one of Nintendo's bigger names (though perhaps not one of its bigger Franchises), Sylux's chances are already among the higher end when it comes to Nintendo First-Party options. I cannot think of many other First Party names that supersede Sylux that are either not in the game yet, are 'deconfirmed' by fan rules, or without knowing anything about them as a character (See: Fire Emblem: Three Houses).

Sylux's main points of competition, I believe, come from Third Parties. But, either way, we know nothing about this Nintendo-Approved list of selectable options for Sakurai and the Smash Team to pick from.
Yeah, you can't even use the "lack of spirit oversight" argument against him since MP4 is still in the pipeline.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Actually, I think he was talking less about less conventional moveset potential, and more about characters that don't have a typical "heroic/statuesque" build, and purposely picked as goofy joke picks.
A fair point, even though selective interpretation of quotes from the man himself is standard for this kind of speculation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

------------------------------

Now, as for that leak:

It's still quite early to judge how the rest of DLC will turn out, regardless of that leak's veracity. Even if Vergeben ended up being right in the end for the base game (Minecraft/SE notwithstanding), those were ultimately still just like any other text rumor out there. Nothing's set in stone until we see footage; and the only footage we've got now is a joking boi stealing someone's invite. So let's wait until we're halfway through the Fighter Pass and/or 2019 to really see if a mostly third party DLC roster is that big of a potential reality (which, technically Smash 4 did with it's newcomers, emphasis latter since the other first parties were veterans).

As for Sylux itself, I wouldn't say there's any correlation between this leak and its chances, and any guesses I could make are based purely on hypothetical scenarios which I can't really suggest until we see more DLC. But the fact that there's a more solid case for its inclusion than ever before still stands.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually unsure how I feel about Sylux's chances right now, and I'm curious and only a tiny bit worried about the direction of DLC in general.

As cool as it would be, I don't want it to be all third parties, especially if this is somehow the only DLC we get. The more third party characters get confirmed or speculated, the more I feel this is fairly possible though. With Joker's reveal I saw a surprising amount of "I wasn't interested in Smash but I am now!" and if Nintendo wants to continue that then I don't think it bodes well for characters like Sylux.

The choice of Erdrick further confuses me (not that it's confirmed at all). The way I see it, you have one of the most hyped possible newcomers in Smash fandom history (Geno) and a total grandslam for both broad character recognition and potential brand boosting (Sora) on the table. Picking a character primarily to help a third party expand a franchise seems like a massive missed opportunity when looking at the other options, and that obliviousness could carry over into overlooking Nintendo characters with great potential like Sylux or Bandanna Waddle Dee.

All I'm saying is I never expected to think Doom Slayer or Sans had a higher chance of getting in than Sylux.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Though, to be fair, getting more people to play Smash is a good thing...even if they were already invested to begin with. When looking at all of the characters we received after being shown the main draw of 'everyone is here!' I think the three that got me the most excited were:

1. Incineroar
2. King K. Rool
3. Ridley

...and, in truth, this surprises me. I did not like Gen 7; it did not make me feel like I was on a grand Pokemon adventure. A part of this is due to the story progression and, perhaps, personal burnout...but the amount of love that went into making this Heel-of-a-Fighter (Puns!) really hooked me. They got this pokemon's personality on point and that made me appreciate the game all the more. I didn't know I wanted Incineroar until I got them, and I'm glad; I couldn't think of any other Gen 7 pokemon that would have garnered my own personal interest (Sorry to the Decidueye and Lycanroc fans, though!)

King K. Rool and Ridley, while glorious in their entry, felt more like a promise that was finally fulfilled...which is weird, since they were never 'promised' to us at any point to begin with!

-------------

Tying this back to DLC theories? I do not know what Nintendo's thought process on their list would be, nor do I know what Sakurai's thought process on selecting from this list would be...but I do believe that they'll try to strike a balance between drawing in new players and tickling the fancies of the veteran crowd...and, honestly? Surprise or Promotional Picks can scratch both of those itches!

Joker has a lot of people, fans of Persona who play Smash and those who do not, excited about his inclusion...and this means more people on board the hype train. In the end, I suppose I can only tell you to keep the faith. (Also that Sylux and Doomguy both have higher chances of entry than someone like Sans.)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say Sylux will be represented in the game in some manner.

Whether that's as a DLC character or a promotional spirit, we'll have to wait and see.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd say Sylux will be represented in the game in some manner.

Whether that's as a DLC character or a promotional spirit, we'll have to wait and see.
On that note, supposedly you can unlock the Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee spirits normally without playing those games, yet nothing has been said in regards to Sylux about that. With any luck, they can pull a Melee and have his spirit be downloadable via a MP4 save file.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Given you can grab the other character's weapons, what other Hunter's weapons (not alt forms) would Sylux make use of?

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Given you can grab the other character's weapons, what other Hunter's weapons (not alt forms) would Sylux make use of?
Personally I think he'll be sticking to just shockcoil and whatever new weapons he may bring with him that he may have in Prime 4.

Also Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas fellow hunters.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
The moveset I made has him using all the other Hunter weapons wheel-style like Shulk with his Smash attacks putting emphasis on the Shock Coil. But depending how they use his in Prime 4 I wouldn't be surprised if it's something completely new and different.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
By default the other weapons from Hunters make a good moveset foundation but in all likelihood I think Prime 4 stuff would be brought in if Sylux made it. Up to date stuff has been a common theme in Ultimate.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Still, would say a weapon like Trace’s Imperialist (firing in a straight horizontal line in the case of Smash I guess or shooting it downward diagonally while using midair) would make up for the short range of the Shock Coil. Whether through other hunter affinity weapons or new material in Prime 4, he could use more long range options, bottom line.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I was thinking that it'd be neat if the Imperialist could be aimed and had some sort of a headshot mechanic, then I remembered that there's characters in Smash who're either big-headed or 100% head and that just wouldn't be balanced.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That new piece regarding Joker is interesting. Kinda makes me think of Prime 4 with how Joker was shown off without anything being ready yet. The part that interests me the most is how Nintendo wanted that early reveal to coincide with the Game Awards. We knew they were more involved in DLC already, but they’re exerting (some) control over scheduling as well.

Its a bit of a long shot...but assuming things lined up during their selection, what if around E3 they requested a Sylux reveal to go along with more Prime 4 news? That’d be quite something.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
That new piece regarding Joker is interesting. Kinda makes me think of Prime 4 with how Joker was shown off without anything being ready yet. The part that interests me the most is how Nintendo wanted that early reveal to coincide with the Game Awards. We knew they were more involved in DLC already, but they’re exerting (some) control over scheduling as well.

Its a bit of a long shot...but assuming things lined up during their selection, what if around E3 they requested a Sylux reveal to go along with more Prime 4 news? That’d be quite something.
I remember when SSBU was announced. It was right after the Octoling expansion for Splatoon 2 got revealed, and of course started with the Inklings fighting each other. If they do something similar at E3 by announcing Sylux as Smash DLC after Metroid Prime 4 news, I'd expect it to start off with Sylux and Samus fighting each other and then it turns out to be a Smash trailer all along.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I remember when SSBU was announced. It was right after the Octoling expansion for Splatoon 2 got revealed, and of course started with the Inklings fighting each other. If they do something similar at E3 by announcing Sylux as Smash DLC after Metroid Prime 4 news, I'd expect it to start off with Sylux and Samus fighting each other and then it turns out to be a Smash trailer all along.
That'd be great. I've been thinking about how this fighter pass could primarily rely on trailers that use influence and resources from the series each character is associated with. Prime 4 might be the next natural step in that regard.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If he is promotional, I hope Sakurai works with the team closely so they can work in some of his new stuff.

And hope he doesn't end up like the PSASBR team who had to make their Dante out of nothing but the stuff shown in dmc: Devil May Cry's trailers, hence why New Dante had only three weapons and alt costumes based off different levels of undress.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989

I read that article and that just makes my perfect ideal reveal for Sylux all the more likely, even more so with the fact Reggie said it's well in development that they have an internal release date, so we may be getting Prime 4 news in 2019 if you ask me as I think if they have one now it'll be releasing late 2019 or early 2020 still, so nothing like BOTW or KH3 where it was five or six years before it actually released after its announcement.

Y'know though, I was watching stuff about the canceled Metroid Prime 1.5 game, and I really liked that idea of that AI character and hope they re-use it in some sort of way in Prime 4, like being what the Adam AI in fusion was to Samus but it's with Sylux and it's split personality order making sense with the personality we see Sylux possess. I could easily see it taunting and trying to delay Samus with all these things as Sylux is somewhere else in whatever base or is on the run trying to get her off of its track. Could easily be incooperated like that as an ally/minion, dual character campaign or not (since idk, the fact that the producer wants to expand Samus and Sylux's story makes me feel like a dual campaign is likely ala Halo 2) and with the dual campaign idea I'd just imagine it making some sort of sadistic jokes as Sylux could gun down Federation troops while acting a bit more serious in cutscenes. That or it could be some sort of AI Sylux made or a prototype AI stolen from the federation that does something that forces Samus and Sylux to team up if Sylux isn't given the role of main antagonist but is still given a pretty important role.

I don't know, I just really like that specific AI character idea and would like to see it be used in a future title, preferably with s connection with Sylux if we're talking about it being used in Prime 4.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
First time I've heard about Metroid Prime 1.5. The concept and premise sounds neat, and I can see some of the ideas were revisited, such as the presence of other bounty hunters, Evil Samus (though technically Dark Samus happened in Metroid Prime 1 already) and co-op multiplayer. Sylux being a robot/AI would make sense too with what we know, so I could see that specific idea being revisited.

Top Bottom