• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Of The Federation - Sylux for Smash Ultimate (DLC)

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Anyways, I found this video a while back and I don't think I shared it here, so... better late than never!

https://youtu.be/G5_lN4UK9l8

That and I also managed to mind my moveset I made for him a long time ago, I'll post it in a spoiler so there isn't a massive text wall. Just do know this was before Ridley got announced or the idea of Echo Fighters or Dark Samus were revealed, and since I'm too lazy to reword it to not sound like a direct source right now, I'll just be posting a direct quote of it. So I apologize if anything sounds off with it, do keep in mind it was also a submission for a fighter concept competition hosted by a somewhat popular YouTube channel, so the wording is for if it won, in which uh... it kinda did, got fifth place out of 700+ submissions so it got highlighted and got some attention too.

Due to Sylux's unique attribute being that if its lightning based attacks hit anyone it will heal Sylux, I decided to give it a healing attribute to its electricity moves, though they won't heal for anything above 10% and shouldn't be spam-able or worth spamming and should only be a problem if the opponent allows it to hit them with these moves, Sylux's weight would be similar to Samus' weight but in the heavier side of things, making Sylux a tad slower than Samus, now onto Sylux's move set.

Standard attack: Sylux's standard combos would be simple hits with his weapon, the shock coil, and Sylux's normal looking hand, however the motions Sylux swings them would be that of showing his aggressive and hate-filled attitude by having it swing them like them like a beast would, uncontrollable, seeming as no electricity would be seen in the combos it would heal 0%.

Up-tilt: Sylux would swing both of its arms upwards, almost like the motions of someone flipped a table in anger, as there is no electricity in this attack, it would heal 0%.

Down-tilt: Sylux would electrify the arm shock-coil is on and would slam the electrified arm into an opponent, this attack would heal 3% if an opponent is hit.

Forward-tilt: Sylux will thrust out a leg to kick his opponent with.

Standard-aerial: While mid-air Sylux would let a short electrical burst emit all around its body, if an opponent is damaged by this attack Sylux would heal 5%.

Down-aerial: while mid-air Sylux would shoot out a electrical blast from the shock coil downwards, this attack would heal Sylux for 3%.

Side-aerials: Sylux would swipe its normal-looking arm either left or right, this attack has no electricity in it, so it would heal 0%.

Dash-attack: Sylux would thrust his normal-looking hand toward his opponent in a slobbish manner, once again to show his aggressive nature, there is no electricity present in this attack, thus it would heal for 0%.

Standard special: Sylux would charge up the shock coil, the longer it is charged the more damage, range, and healing it will do, if charged for a short time the electrified beam will go a short distance, do 5% damage, and heal Sylux for 4%, if charged for slightly more than a short time but slightly less for a fully charged beam the electrified beam will go a medium distance, do 15% damage and heal Sylux for 7%, if charged for the full amount of time Sylux will do a fully charged shot that will go a long distance, do 25% damage and heal for 10%, all healing effects only happen if Sylux manages to hit an opponent.

Up-special: Sylux would fire a electrical beam upwards, it can be used to grab the ledge (obviously) and damage opponents, if Sylux damaged an opponent with this attack, it would heal for 3%.

Down-special: Similar to Samus, Sylux would go into its alternate form, the lockjaw, however unlike Samus, Sylux will not drop a bomb, instead it'll drop an electrical trap, but it will not activate, instead Sylux will have drop a second electrical trap to activate the full attack, once two traps are on the field, an electrical beam will be in the distance between the two, if an opponent manages to get hit by the beam in the trap they'll take 10% damage and be stunned for a considerable enough time for Sylux to follow up to the trap being triggered, if not followed up, they'll be knocked away in a fashion similar to Pikachu's Down-special, Sylux will be healed for 7% if the trap is triggered, the trap will disappear in 7 seconds if it is not triggered. (This is a call back to what he can do in lockjaw form in prime hunters if you're playing as him in the multiplayer mode the game had, slightly different though as in that game he had three traps to set down and was in a 3-D space.)

Side-special: Sylux will shoot out a short-ranged electrical discharge, this will heal Sylux for 5% if an opponent is hit and stun his opponent for a short time.

Up-smash: Sylux would thrust his shock coil upwards, if charged fully it would spew electricity out of the shock-coil, this would heal Sylux for 7% if the attack is fully charged and hits an opponent.

Side-smash: Sylux would slobbishly swing his arms left or right, there is no electricity present so it would heal 0%.

Down-smash: Sylux would smash shock-coil on the ground, causing an small electric shockwave around him, if an opponent is hit by this attack Sylux would heal 4% if not fully charged and 7% for it being fully charged.

Grab: Sylux would grab his opponent by grabbing where their neck would be.

Pummel: Sylux would smash shock-coil into his opponent's face, this would heal 0%.

Up-throw: Sylux would simply toss its opponent upwards slobbishly, this would heal 0% of damage.

Side-throw: Sylux would jam shock-coil into the chest area of its opponent and activate it, shooting electricity into them and sending them either left or right, this would heal Sylux for 3%.

Down-throw: Sylux would toss its opponent into the ground and crush them under its foot, this wouldn't heal Sylux. (This is a call back to Sylux's intro, where it crushes a Galactic Federation Soldier under its feet by landing on top of them)

Front-floor-attack: Sylux would sweeps his arms forwards before getting back up, this would heal 0%.

Backwards-floor-attack: Sylux would quickly turn into lockjaw and send out a small electric shock before turning into its normal form, this would heal Sylux for 1%.

Edge-attack: Sylux would simply sweep the floor in front of the edge before climbing back up with his normal-looking hand, this wouldn't heal Sylux.

Note: I took some creative liberties when it came to making his moveset, obviously all the normal non-shock-coil attacks were, and somethings with the shock-coil were as well, but I took these liberties in what I think it would realistically be able to do, seeming as Sylux is only playable in Metroid Prime: Hunters, where the gameplay is essentially aim and shoot your weapon (with some special quirk the weapon has) and occasionally turn into your alternate form and use its weapon (in this case electrical traps), other than that everything in here is something Sylux can do canonically (such as his healing electricity).

If Kraid ever joins Smash as a fighter, nobody is ever allowed to call any character "too big" for Smash anymore.
Ha! You got that right.

No one can be too small anyways either seeming as Olimar's real height is like smaller than the size of a small piece of dirt.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I mean, he was small too once, so. :p

The real question is whether Sakurai will do anything with Mother Brain. I'm growing to the idea of having Porky-esque spider legs to walk around with.
Mother Brain honestly does seem as a perfect fit for an assist trophy or boss character in my opinion. So I think she may stay that way unless they shrink down her T-Rex looking form.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Mother Brain honestly does seem as a perfect fit for an assist trophy or boss character in my opinion. So I think she may stay that way unless they shrink down her T-Rex looking form.
Seems fair.

Looks like we're pretty much covered once Sylux arrives, until they do expansion on that empire Trace comes from, or something.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Nintendo wanted to promote Metroid prime 4 and sylux is the main antagnist

I say we are golden
The one big issue about Sylux getting in for promotion reasons is Metroid is one of Nintendo's not so popular franchises especially in Japan. Only thing that's probably hindering his chances.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Problem is that Ridley's been requested since the Melee days. Sylux only been so once it was rumored he'd be the main antagonist for Prime 4.
Not necessarily, Sylux has been the most popular of all the hunters since it released in 2006, he's been requested since Brawl actually, just not as much as Ridley and more on par with Dark Samus. Support only grew throughout the days since, and with Dark Samus and Ridley... some of the supporters of those characters have since started to support Sylux in the fullest after those two got in Ultimate. Also I'd like to differ, while in the past Metroid wasn't the most popular series, being fifth in line after Mario, Pokémon, Kirby, and Zelda. But with the mere reactions of Prime 4's logo I'm quite sure that popularity has changed over the years.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not necessarily, Sylux has been the most popular of all the hunters since it released in 2006, he's been requested since Brawl actually, just not as much as Ridley and more on par with Dark Samus. Support only grew throughout the days since, and with Dark Samus and Ridley... some of the supporters of those characters have since started to support Sylux in the fullest after those two got in Ultimate. Also I'd like to differ, while in the past Metroid wasn't the most popular series, being fifth in line after Mario, Pokémon, Kirby, and Zelda. But with the mere reactions of Prime 4's logo I'm quite sure that popularity has changed over the years.
Huh, the more I know. Thanks for the input.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Huh, the more I know. Thanks for the input.

You're welcome! Though I think we all know Sylux's chances are based on if he's Prime 4's main antagonist, though of course he could be the entire trilogies main antagonist if Prime 4 does in fact lead up to a Prime 5 and 6 and that could get him in if Nintendo mentioned said possible plans to Sakurai when in the character picking selection if Sylux was included. As with Prime 4 Sylux could very well just be in another after-credits scene of the sorts or be like Dark Samus as she was the final boss of Prime 2 while the Ing were the main antagonistic threat. Though the point is we know Sylux will be in Prime 4 one way or another, we're all 99% sure he's the main antagonist due to all the stuff that has led up to this moment. But there is that 1% chance we're wrong and he plays a backseat role or something of the sorts while someone else is the main threat of that game.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I mean... while they're very huge there's still support for Rundas, but I feel like his fans would be happy if he ever became an AT.

That and since Ridley got announced... Kraid had growing support but I think it died a whole lot after Dark Samus. Personally I'd state being a background element wouldn't eliminate you from the realm of possibilities due to Toon Link and the Spirit Track stage but that's because he has a suitable replacement (which the same could be said for Captain Toad but I don't think we're gonna get any new Mario reps after Piranha Plant unless it's Geno or King Boo, one for popularity the other for promotion of LM3)
That, or just have Rundas’ music theme as a soundtrack. Would be happy with either.

A lot of the Kraid “support” I recall existed as a means of parodizing Ridley support with the resize argument, but if he had some serious pushing as well, interesting... Doesn’t have much for moves to draw from though apart from the nail and spike projectiles, so a moveset would have to be pretty creative liberty.

With the Shock Coil and Lockjaw, Sylux easily has more to work with for a moveset. Seeing variants of them for different moves is why I’d be most interested in him out of anyone left.

All the playable hunters in MPH including him also had a generic missile launcher from what I recall, not that Sylux’s missiles would have to be the same as Samus/Dark Samus’ if they were included.

Not sure whether I would consider/admit Metroid to be “over-represented” if Sylux got in, but I would feel bad for DK either way if there’s still no Dixie Kong in the end, especially after K. Rool’s addition.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
That, or just have Rundas’ music theme as a soundtrack. Would be happy with either.

A lot of the Kraid “support” I recall existed as a means of parodizing Ridley support with the resize argument, but if he had some serious pushing as well, interesting... Doesn’t have much for moves to draw from though apart from the nail and spike projectiles, so a moveset would have to be pretty creative liberty.

With the Shock Coil and Lockjaw, Sylux easily has more to work with for a moveset. Seeing variants of them for different moves is why I’d be most interested in him out of anyone left.

All the playable hunters in MPH including him also had a generic missile launcher from what I recall, not that Sylux’s missiles would have to be the same as Samus/Dark Samus’ if they were included.

Not sure whether I would consider/admit Metroid to be “over-represented” if Sylux got in, but I would feel bad for DK either way if there’s still no Dixie Kong in the end, especially after K. Rool’s addition.
With the amount of music in Smash Ultimate I wouldn't be shocked at all if Rundas got his theme in this game actually.

A lot of it was poking fun at the whole resize argument shenanigans, I just remember seeing some people have legit interest with him becoming a playable character and while there isn't all that much I wouldn't be surprised if he ever did become a character if he pulled some attacks from Crocomire as if I recall despite the size factor and lack of spikes Crocomire was basically a mini Kraid.

Personally I'd rather see Sylux get something different from the missile side-b, it's kinda becoming like counters as Samus, Dark Samus, and the Mii Gunner all having it and well... I don't with we want another over-saturated move in our midsts.

Personally I don't think Metroid would for reasons I've stated plus along with the fact Sylux, besides small support for some characters, is the last Metroid rep with moderate to major support we want. I'd say it'd be over represented when we for somehow get a fourth Samus or when common enemies get in. (Now, with the Mario series I don't have any problem with this as it is their number one franchise, but if it means the smaller series that are also big, like Kirby, can get one or two, maybe even three more fighters I'd be fine with the Mario series missing out on a new rep like they did in brawl, but... we all know Geno was scrapped during Brawl's development so there's that).

But I feel ya on that Dixie Kong stuff, and with Nintendo the one pulling out characters that Sakurai chose I only expect one third party DLC character and that'd be someone like Geno, Sora, maybe even Chrono but the rest being first party. While she isn't in my top five wants or predictions she's number 6 with me, with all these newcomers and the game being the 'Ultimate' version of Smash Bros. (Until we get a second Ultimate, seeming as it took only three years to make Ultimate according to an interview with Sakurai). It just feels... a bit weird, awkward, and incomplete without certain characters like Dixie Kong and Bandana Waddle Dee who many feel as if they should've been in the last game and as many feel as they should be in this game but they aren't. So I'm hoping, even if Dixie isn't in my top five, that she gets in, Bandana gets in, Sylux gets in, just to make this feel like a more complete package and truly make it Ultimate.

Well... until (as Sakurai said) we want a new Smash game and because of the demand Sakurai gets to work on it, which uh... seeming as in 2017, the switch launch year, Nintendo said they planned to support the switch for 10 years (so up till the year 2027) and at the farthest all DLC for Ultimate (that we know of, we could be getting a second season, we may not, both are just as likely seeming as Nintendo said they want to focus on DLC for their existing titles more) will release by the year 2020 and assuming they don't drop a second season on us that'd mean we'll be going through a drought of no new smash content for 7 whole years (unless some people mod their switch and risk getting it banned since this generation Nintendo has been cracking down on them)... will eventually happen.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well... until (as Sakurai said) we want a new Smash game and because of the demand Sakurai gets to work on it, which uh... seeming as in 2017, the switch launch year, Nintendo said they planned to support the switch for 10 years (so up till the year 2027) and at the farthest all DLC for Ultimate (that we know of, we could be getting a second season, we may not, both are just as likely seeming as Nintendo said they want to focus on DLC for their existing titles more) will release by the year 2020 and assuming they don't drop a second season on us that'd mean we'll be going through a drought of no new smash content for 7 whole years (unless some people mod their switch and risk getting it banned since this generation Nintendo has been cracking down on them)... will eventually happen.
It took 17 years until :ultdaisy: was more than a palette swap. I can be very patient.

Though I can understand the unfortunate circumstances that lead noteworthy characters to skip over an entry, you can always count on the fanbase for those who got in to migrate and give increased support for the skipped characters, to help encourage the big guys to include them someday. Not to mention that we're finally almost running out of obvious big-name characters to focus on, so they will have to move to B and C-listers.

While I can be a little reassured about DK, Wario is still stuck without any new characters since Brawl, so it'd be nice if WWGold's success story can finally change that (and, by proxy, encourage the Captain Syrup fans to start their own movement, but I digress).

In any case, we can't be certain of what will be done after the fighter pass period ends on 2020. Another pass or two, waiting until the next console generation, or even make a new sequel five years from now? Only time will tell. Although it'd be a little odd to stop the hype train in its tracks at the nearest station, given Nintendo embracing continued game support: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._post-release_game_content_is_set_to_continue

Last edited:

Fil with an "f"

Smash Rookie
Really if we got anything Metroid related I would be happy. With Prime 4 coming out it isn't too crazy to expect something Prime related for DLC.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
If we successfully get sylux for dlc

Who should we try next for a Metroid rep?
Personally if Sylux gets in I'd be fine getting no new reps until the series itself introduces a new major villain character, then when that happens I'll support them.

It took 17 years until :ultdaisy: was more than a palette swap. I can be very patient.

Though I can understand the unfortunate circumstances that lead noteworthy characters to skip over an entry, you can always count on the fanbase for those who got in to migrate and give increased support for the skipped characters, to help encourage the big guys to include them someday. Not to mention that we're finally almost running out of obvious big-name characters to focus on, so they will have to move to B and C-listers.

While I can be a little reassured about DK, Wario is still stuck without any new characters since Brawl, so it'd be nice if WWGold's success story can finally change that (and, by proxy, encourage the Captain Syrup fans to start their own movement, but I digress).

In any case, we can't be certain of what will be done after the fighter pass period ends on 2020. Another pass or two, waiting until the next console generation, or even make a new sequel five years from now? Only time will tell. Although it'd be a little odd to stop the hype train in its tracks at the nearest station, given Nintendo embracing continued game support: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._post-release_game_content_is_set_to_continue
Fair, personally I'll be being patient as well for whenever we get the next title, as well... I do have some characters I want that became assist trophies again or were introduced as one this game.

You're also not wrong on the big name things, since as an example with Piranha Plant we also technically got Petey who is considered one of those B type characters (alongside King Boo, which I honestly do think one day will be a smash fighter). Though we still got some big names left still, as an example Captain Toad and Waluigi (as much as some people despise him). We probably won't get either of those two until next game and well... there really isn't anyone named left besides spin-off characters (not counting, DK, Yoshi, and Wario series) that appeared in one game or very few games (of course besides King Boo who I think will be third in line... and I guess Birdo). Then the same could be said for some other series on the roster and some series only have one other big name that isn't the main protagonist and is the main anatagomist, as an example of Yoshi and say the main antagonist of his series, Kamek, isn't playable on the roster... (and I play that mostly for the fact how the west and east see him differently, in the east he's just a magikoopa while in the west he's Kamek, someone that's apart of a generic species but is very much so his own character and identity, Japan sees him as debuting in SMW, while the west sees him as debuting in Yoshi's Island).

Anyways... I suppose you're right time will tell, and well... if a character we want doesn't get in we'll just have to be as patient as ever. Though with the news Sakurai started development of Ultimate as Corrin and Bayonetta were being developed for Smash 4, so December of 2015 (doing three games back to back, Uprising to Smash 4 to Ultimate) I don't expect a second sequel on the switch and rather the next console generation as if Sakurai keeps up his work-a-holic no break ways to work on that mech game he mentioned that was his next project before the Smash Ultimate (which a lot of people assumed as Elma from XBCX confirmed). But seeming as you linked where Nintendo has stated they want to focus on DLC for their existing and yet to exist titles... I wouldn't be surprised if they ask Sakurai after the first challenger pack is done to appoint someone from the team he would trust guiding development and picking characters for a second challenger pack , maybe even a third, as he goes to work on his new project.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Personally if Sylux gets in I'd be fine getting no new reps until the series itself introduces a new major villain character, then when that happens I'll support them.

Fair, personally I'll be being patient as well for whenever we get the next title, as well... I do have some characters I want that became assist trophies again or were introduced as one this game.

You're also not wrong on the big name things, since as an example with Piranha Plant we also technically got Petey who is considered one of those B type characters (alongside King Boo, which I honestly do think one day will be a smash fighter). Though we still got some big names left still, as an example Captain Toad and Waluigi (as much as some people despise him). We probably won't get either of those two until next game and well... there really isn't anyone named left besides spin-off characters (not counting, DK, Yoshi, and Wario series) that appeared in one game or very few games (of course besides King Boo who I think will be third in line... and I guess Birdo). Then the same could be said for some other series on the roster and some series only have one other big name that isn't the main protagonist and is the main anatagomist, as an example of Yoshi and say the main antagonist of his series, Kamek, isn't playable on the roster... (and I play that mostly for the fact how the west and east see him differently, in the east he's just a magikoopa while in the west he's Kamek, someone that's apart of a generic species but is very much so his own character and identity, Japan sees him as debuting in SMW, while the west sees him as debuting in Yoshi's Island).

Anyways... I suppose you're right time will tell, and well... if a character we want doesn't get in we'll just have to be as patient as ever. Though with the news Sakurai started development of Ultimate as Corrin and Bayonetta were being developed for Smash 4, so December of 2015 (doing three games back to back, Uprising to Smash 4 to Ultimate) I don't expect a second sequel on the switch and rather the next console generation as if Sakurai keeps up his work-a-holic no break ways to work on that mech game he mentioned that was his next project before the Smash Ultimate (which a lot of people assumed as Elma from XBCX confirmed). But seeming as you linked where Nintendo has stated they want to focus on DLC for their existing and yet to exist titles... I wouldn't be surprised if they ask Sakurai after the first challenger pack is done to appoint someone from the team he would trust guiding development and picking characters for a second challenger pack , maybe even a third, as he goes to work on his new project.
Let's not forget about Poochy, who is now cemented as Yoshi's ever-reliable sidekick. His reception in Woolly World really endeared people to him, and he's coming back yet again in Crafted World.

In regards to Sakurai's secret project, I've honestly wanted to see him come up with a new IP, so it'll be interesting to see something done with that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh this is interesting

We got several footage

And more than 700+ spirits revealed.

Not one is are boy sylux this is looking promising he’s in a pack he would have definately Ben a spirit easily
(Even though spirits don’t deconfirm characters)

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
What's going on ya'll you can add me to the support list. The more Nintendo newcomers as DLC the better. If Sakurai/Nintendo pull at least one from this list

- Dixie Kong (my most wanted DLC)
- Bandana Dee
- Paper Mario
- DJ Octavio
- Sylux
- Impa
- Captain Toad
- Twintelle

I will be happy and yeah Sylux would be a great choice especially with Prime 4 on the horizon. Though Metroid getting 3 reps in 1 game while DK only getting 1 would make me feel bittersweet as I love both DK and Metroid, I just love DK more. lol

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I imagine that Sylux's absence as a Spirit won't last for long. We're still in the pre-release stage and there are likely hundreds of Spirits unseen as of yet given how its effectively set up as a gacha. If it's completely absent after we see every Spirit in the final release, then that's gonna be interesting for sure.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I imagine that Sylux's absence as a Spirit won't last for long. We're still in the pre-release stage and there are likely hundreds of Spirits unseen as of yet given how its effectively set up as a gacha. If it's completely absent after we see every Spirit in the final release, then that's gonna be interesting for sure.
Gamexplain was able to find 480+ with just the trailers, website, etc. etc. before they got that hands on demo. I'm sure everyone at that event encountered some they didn't encounter yet in their search. Also as I said in a earlier post, I think, there's probably well over 1,000 spirits seeming as they're all official art. We'll probably encounter him as a spirit at launch or a few days after, probably alongside the other hunters from Prime hunters and Prime 3. Though I must say having a spirit battle for Sylux would be difficult since no fighter or item really pulls what he does, unless he got smacked onto a Pikachu or a Pichu due to the fact they all use electricity and while amusing I hope that's not the case, even though it'll probably be "Due to Sylux, X's lightning attacks heal X, watch out as sometimes the platforms will electrify!"

Nonetheless, as we've all come to the common sense of spirits don't deconfirm characters I'd say it won't mean anything as the characters have been chosen... and we just gotta wait.

What's going on ya'll you can add me to the support list. The more Nintendo newcomers as DLC the better. If Sakurai/Nintendo pull at least one from this list

- Dixie Kong (my most wanted DLC)
- Bandana Dee
- Paper Mario
- DJ Octavio
- Sylux
- Impa
- Captain Toad
- Twintelle

I will be happy and yeah Sylux would be a great choice especially with Prime 4 on the horizon. Though Metroid getting 3 reps in 1 game while DK only getting 1 would make me feel bittersweet as I love both DK and Metroid, I just love DK more. lol
Personally out of tang list (besides obviously Sylux because all of us here got those hopes and dreams and say he's got a good shot), I'd say Dixie and Bandana have the highest chance of getting in due to being fan favorites, easy to make movesets out of that are unique (at least in Bandana Dee's case) and well... the general feeling some of us have when we saw their absence since well... they kinda felt like they needed to be here y'know? Especially since Bandana Dee wasn't in Smash 4 or the base for Ultimate when many consider him a safe garunteed pick for both... which didn't happen, sadly. As while I may not be a huge Dixie Kong fan as I am Bandana and Sylux the same reasoning applies to her, she feels like she needs to be there otherwise it feels kinda weird.

The rest though I wouldn't mind seeing, personally my top 8 are in no particular order besides Sylux:

Sylux.
Bandana Dee.
Rex with Pyra and Mythra (at the very least, at most I'd throw Roc and Nia into the mix).
Dr. Eggman.
Banjo and Kazooie.
Monokuma.
Cranky Kong.
Then lastly KOS-MOS.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
So, datamines have been going around. We got music tracks, the entire OST as of right now leaked, some bosses too, etc. etc.

Though two things that havent been seen yet is:

Sylux's Theme and a spirit for him or anyone else from Hunters for that matter.

I doubt this means much but due to the lack of his theme... I do say that gives him a good chance to be DLC, as his song and others from hunters would could with him after all.

Update: No trace of Sylux and the other Prime Hunters characters /anywhere/ no spirits or music, etc. etc.

Take that however you please I suppose.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No sylux spirit from the final dig of all spirits

Oh boy huge points for us

And on top of that the other hunters are spirits but no sylux

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
No sylux spirit from the final dig of all spirits

Oh boy huge points for us

And on top of that the other hunters are spirits but no sylux
Correction, just Trace and Kanden. But the suspicious absence of Sylux is still a huge boon for his chances.

I am also happy to see my dude Trace represented in some capacity in Ultimate. Looking forward to see if he has a spirit battle associated with him too.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Man, even if Spirits aren't deconfirmations (or it simply ends up that some characters were skipped over for no particular reason), that bit of knowledge makes me wanna put on a full tinfoil suit.

They could've easily picked the most recognizable Hunter from the same game but instead go with Kanden and Trace...and Gandrayda, for whatever reason.

Hype responsibly, as they say, but the amount of things potentially lining up for a Sylux inclusion is getting bigger.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Man, even if Spirits aren't deconfirmations (or it simply ends up that some characters were skipped over for no particular reason), that bit of knowledge makes me wanna put on a full tinfoil suit.

They could've easily picked the most recognizable Hunter from the same game but instead go with Kanden and Trace...and Gandrayda, for whatever reason.

Hype responsibly, as they say, but the amount of things potentially lining up for a Sylux inclusion is getting bigger.

Yep! Our boy's absence is certainly a strange one, and I hope more of the naysayers and neutral parties take note of this odd omission.

Though personally I don't think spirits deconfirm one (Mii costumes too, but that's a whole other barrel of monkeys), as you basically said it's an odd omission.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, I don’t take spirits as a hard deconfirmation for someone, anymore than trophies, but the lack of one for Sylux and just some for certain hunters is interesting nonetheless.

If Sylux becomes DLC, I hope even more now that he brings some newly added music tracks with him, particularly after learning that Dark Samus’ theme was missing among the datamined tracks, though apart from other cool but minor music like Rundas’ theme, Smash’s Metroid soundtrack is becoming more solid/passable now, especially when some tracks and spirits are from both recent 3DS games Metroid had and not mostly all just Other M like with SSB4.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's about time I updated the OP a little. With some more relevant artistic choices.

splash screen.png

banner 2.png

I wish the available Sylux models out there had the damn gun.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
It's about time I updated the OP a little. With some more relevant artistic choices.

View attachment 179631
View attachment 179630

I wish the available Sylux models out there had the damn gun.
Nonetheless I say that looks pretty neat, though I've never seen a downloadable Sylux model anywhere on the internet (why was I searching for one? VRChat).

Yeah, I don’t take spirits as a hard deconfirmation for someone, anymore than trophies, but the lack of one for Sylux and just some for certain hunters is interesting nonetheless.

If Sylux becomes DLC, I hope even more now that he brings some newly added music tracks with him, particularly after learning that Dark Samus’ theme was missing among the datamined tracks, though apart from other cool but minor music like Rundas’ theme, Smash’s Metroid soundtrack is becoming more solid/passable now, especially when some tracks and spirits are from both recent 3DS games Metroid had and not mostly all just Other M like with SSB4.
Yeah, the tracks and spirits are way better representation for the series as a whole, and I'm sure if Sylux gets in we'll be getting Hunter, Prime 3, Federation Force, and /maybe/ some Prime 4 tracks as well. Though it's weird Dark Samus' theme out of all of them are missing, isn't it in her character trailer?

Though the main argument I've seen people use for spirits deconfirming characters is that Piranha Plant doesn't have a spirit in the base game. Honestly that argument can be used for both sides if you ask me when grouped with the right context, but I'm pretty sure it's kinda obvious that Piranha Plant was planned for base at some point (or was developed alongside the game) but they couldn't finish him in time so he became free (limited time) DLC, so it'd be easy just to withhold his spirit for that, of which after clearing classic mode we do be spirits of the fighters.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
I wouldnt be so tinfoil hat right now IF it werent for the fact that Piranha Plant is DLC and missing a spirit. Heck with even Nipper Plant aand all the other mario mooks being spirits, it feels like they intentionally left out Piranha Plant's for DLC specifically.

Which seeing Sylux gone from Spirits, Metroid Prime 4 on the horizon, and Nintendo deciding the DLC, I think he has a very strong chance right now.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Say, did Sylux ever get a fan stock icon? Because it seems like a good time for Sylux to get one if he haven't already.

Top Bottom