• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemies of the Crown: King Dedede Matchup Thread (SERIN IS IN CHARGE NOW NOT GATES)

CO18

Smash Hero
lol melee1 isnt terrible. Got 7th @ Whobo. Only 2 other Ics players could do that. lain had massive legit johns @ whobo otherwise he would've most surely got top 7 most likely top 3 lol.

Prawn

Smash Master
lol melee1 isnt terrible. Got 7th @ Whobo. Only 2 other Ics players could do that. lain had massive legit johns @ whobo otherwise he would've most surely got top 7 most likely top 3 lol.
Idk man, he wasn't playing that good against you lol.

meepxzero

Smash Master
If ic know what to do. DDD cant land a single grab which is his best way to seperate (Ic can predict the grab coming and jab immidiately). Ummm. You can possible gimp them, but ic can mix their recovery and go low or wait till after DDDs bair comes out. Throwing waddle Ds out is good because they cant bait ice block chaser on you for a free grab. Dont spam ftilt because we can run and shield through it.

What makes this match up difficult for DDD is he cant approach ic at all and ic have the option of picking apart DDD little by little. Its almost like a harder version of olimar vs ic. You use desynches to approach DDD because he cant approach period except when ic are in a bad situation. You use desynches to force ddd to do stuff. Ice blocks to jump in the air or blizzard to jump in the air. If they get hit by either ic can run into and grab.

Atomsk use to do spaced fsmashes which work really well, but if ic just walk in and shield u can react better to it. Most ic dash in and shield, but the shield always comes out a little later because of the dash animation being slightly laggy.

It is an unwinnable match up if ic use desynching effectively and dont mess up cging. And if DDD is off stage recovering without enough jumps expect to eat a TON of damage recovering. You up b high we can up b DDDs recovery or uair. go below the stage we can grab DDD b4 they grab the ledge for a free ledge spike.

Sucking is really good if you use it in a smart manner. If you suck and immediately spit DDD is invinicble so he cant get punish. I guess u can shield if nana gets sucked and react? but it never comes through my mind to do that.

Ic just limit DDDs options waay too much (entire grab game).

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Well, yeah, we all want to main ICs, but that's the mother ****in cool kids club. Good luck gettin in. That ****'s members only.
Haha. xD

About the matchup, I don't think it's THAT bad for Dedede. >_> It's kinda bad, but not impossible like the OP says. Dedede can gimp/kill Nana with no problem. As soon as she's offstage there's really nothing the single Ice Climber can do about it because the qualities of their aerials aren't good for chasing people offstage. That's really all he can do in the matchup though. Back Throw Nana off the stage and gimp her, then deal with the SoPo.

All the Ice Climbers have to do is land one grab and Dedede is coming out dead or extremely hurt. There's a lot of different CGs they can do to him. Back Throw Hobbling, Buffered Forward Throw, etc. Blizzard stops his Waddles, so that's good too. I'm not sure how good UpAir is in this matchup. I think Dedede's DAir goes through it.

So yeah, hard matchup but not impossible. Gimping Nana is necessary but luckily Dedede is good at that.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Desynched blizzard wall is almost unstoppable in this match-up, and you get free grabs out of blizzard. Idk, i just wouldn't do it unless i had something to prove lol

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
If an ice climber spaced the up air, our down air will go through it but otherwise, your up air will outprioritize.
Seems like our only real advantage is when we gimp one of them -_-. So sad...

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
OMG OMG OMG! I just found the perfect gimp for Yoshi!

Grab Yoshi out of second jump if he doesn't Air Dodge > Dthrow > Edgehog > Gimped <3

Gates

Banned via Warnings
ICE CLIMBERS DISCUSSION CLOSED.
PIKACHU DISCUSSION GO!

Also, I'm planning something special for the next few discussions after this.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
omg crashic, not only is that off topic *****ing but it's also hard to do footstool combos on Dedede since he's so tall.

Seriously, you post that like every 6 weeks.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
What? No I don't.
Pikachu's quack combo ***** tha **** out of us. Uptilt is mad easy to get on our fat ***.

EDIT-
As proof, go ask Seibrik what ESAM did to his DDD last weekened at a tournament.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
****, I didn't say we were updated. I just said we didn't need help with it.

We know its even or 55:45 (sort of stage dependent I feel)...

Hardcore camping > Dedede
Our Grenade grab > Your Dash grab

T3h Albino

Smash Master
this matchup is really dumb now
i don't even really think ill play it anymore.
Pikachu just has so much gay **** he can do to d3 it's just not fun anymore

T3h Albino

Smash Master
its not the fact that, that combo exist's its just the fact that the matchup is really ****ing stupid. He can cg you to some dumb percentage with a guranteed followup and can easily out camp you. I guess you could play really gay on bf and camp the platforms or whatever but i don't enjoy playing like that.

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
The thing is the Pikachu, if you get a grab on him, MAKE SURE TO ATTEMPT TO TECH CHASE! IF IT AIRDODGES REGRAB AND BTHROW! IF IT TECH ROLLS TOWARDS YOU, DSMASH! IF IT TECH ROLLS AWAY FROM YOU POKE WITH FTILT! IF IT TECHS IN PLACE, REGRAB.

There. That should help the standings. Also, when it uses Thunder jolt, poke with Ftilt since it negates it.

EDIT: Also, stay the **** away from Castle Siege... especially with ESAM... -_- I would have won against him if he didnt CG me offstage... >.>

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
CG me offstage... >.>
When I read this I was reminded of the time Foresaken dthrow spiked someone on Castle Siege.

But yeah, this matchup is mad gay. Nothing has changed though since we last discussed it, has it?

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
When I read this I was reminded of the time Foresaken dthrow spiked someone on Castle Siege.

But yeah, this matchup is mad gay. Nothing has changed though since we last discussed it, has it?
No, but I found a ton a different strategies that would work against a Pikachu. I just don't wanna discuss them since I live on wifi!

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
No, but I found a ton a different strategies that would work against a Pikachu. I just don't wanna discuss them since I live on wifi!
Boooooooo.

Are we talking about his Fthrow CG, or his Dthrow Standing CG? I mean, either way we get chaingrabbed until a lot of damage, then we get Up Smashed, which will probably be followed by a Thunder, which we can avoid, but we start the match at a huge disadvantage. Of course, we can always say "don't get grabbed," but, c'mon. We're Dedede. We kinda can't not get grabbed.

As mentioned before, space with Ftilt, Dtilt works well, and "air plank" with dairs. Pretend that Pikachu is/are the Ice Climbers. That works, right?

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Boooooooo.

Are we talking about his Fthrow CG, or his Dthrow Standing CG? I mean, either way we get chaingrabbed until a lot of damage, then we get Up Smashed, which will probably be followed by a Thunder, which we can avoid, but we start the match at a huge disadvantage. Of course, we can always say "don't get grabbed," but, c'mon. We're Dedede. We kinda can't not get grabbed.

As mentioned before, space with Ftilt, Dtilt works well, and "air plank" with dairs. Pretend that Pikachu is/are the Ice Climbers. That works, right?
Dthrow standing CG isnt a problem. Its the Fthrow CG that racks up damage.

Top Bottom