• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

End of Summer Tourney! Results. Chicago, IL 9/18/10

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284453

Singles: 28 entrants

1: Lain ($168):popo: :metaknight:
2: Kain ($84):wolf:
3: Arty ($28) :falco: :gw:
4: JJrockets :diddy:
5: DLA :ganondorf: :metaknight:
5: Sago :samus2: :metaknight:
7: Kappy :kirby2:
7: Akashi :marth:
9: Meth :snake: :metaknight:
9: Kuma :luigi2:
9: Meneil :falco: :ike:
9: Genosamus :samus2:
13: GIO :metaknight:
13: Tails the Hedgehog
13: Oro :marth:
13: GameQ :rob:
17: F3AR
17: Ruhiel
17: Taekmkm
17: A.R.G
17: Savi
17: Assataw
17: Keith G.
17: Zwarm :rob: :dedede: :diddy:
25: Koolaid
25: Jeff
25: Brouhaha
25: DJ. Ike :fox:

singles brackets

Doubles: 8 teams

1: ARty + Sago ($11.00 each) :falco::gw::luigi2::metaknight:/:metaknight:
2: Kain Sucks at Basketball (DLA/Kain) ($5.00 each) :ganondorf:/:wolf:
3: GIO + Lain :metaknight:/:metaknight:
4: BEN Drowned (Kappy/Zwarm) :kirby2:/:dedede: :rob:
5: Meth Trip (Oro/Norm) :marth:/:metaknight:
5: GTFO_Candy + Jaka
7: DJ Ike + GameQ
7: Riley + Umashi

doubles brackets

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Oro was too lazy to post results so I posted them.

Wow look at that Ganon in the top five. And a Ganon/Wolf team beat Lain's double MK team twice? Wow. Just who is this Ganon?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
did lain go mk against kain
Once, and he got wrecked.

I think all 3 of the GF matches Lain won were ICs vs Wolf. Kain won a Fox vs DDD match and a Wolf vs MK match on Brinstar. That's all I remember.

earthadept

Smash Lord
To avoid any confusion, this is Gio

1: Lain - you suck
2: Kain - i had no idea wolf could be played like that... ggs in dubs
3: Arty - why didnt you go snake??!?! you were the first falco main i've ever played :p
5: DLA - oh my gawd your ganon *****. i am the biggest fan of your ganon. it almost felt good to get elbowed during dubz
5: Sago - it was nice chillin with you and thanks for the advice. hopefully i can get better like you said
9: Meth - ggs. i just wanted to say lain was coaching me a bit but he really wasnt saying anything gamebreaking... just things like camp or calm down. i'll get you next time and i can have lain not sit next to me if you want :p
13: GIO - get top 10 nub
13: Oro - wish we could've played some melee
17: Ruhiel - ggs you almost had me 2nd game
17: A.R.G - ggs, i have a lot of toon link experience lolz

this was basically my first brawl tourney (1st one i was too hungover to stand comfortably lol), and it was a lot of fun. thanks for hosting this and the awesome housing DK, and i hope with a little more experience i can place higher next time (hopefully i wont have arty 2nd round again -_-)

also like i said previously, you guys are very lucky 64 didnt happen. :D

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
You can take the Ice Climbers away from my name; I only used them in one game against Arty in which I lost.

And wtf, doubles happened? I left XD

I'll just do full shout outs tomorrow, I don't have acess to a computer right now and typing with my phone takes too long.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Arty played with the Snake tag the entire day, maybe that's what he meant when he said Snake all day.

It was funny when Arty paid Tano right after his FIRST match, lolol.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
My only complaint about all of the Brawl tourneys I have entered since coming back, all like 4-5 of them, is that the brackets get tampered with after being seeded. It's a tournament people, no johns. The most common reason to move people is not skill, but because people know each other, that is BS. Most everyone that are regular at IL/WI tourneys are pretty good friends, and getting **** moved around generally ****s over the people that matter most to the community, the mid to low level players. Man up and play each other, that seems to be the biggest complaint all around. People will care a lot less if they get "bracket ****ed" in a legit seeding case vs. getting moved into it because person A would have to play person B 2nd round and they drove. Those are BS reasons to get moved around.

Notra

Smash Ace
Most everyone that are regular at IL/WI tourneys are pretty good friends, and getting **** moved around generally ****s over the people that matter most to the community, the mid to low level players. .
HAHAHA DUMBEST **** EVER!!

i definitely come back to brawl to watch a live stream every once in a while so i can see ****ty players play. **** NO. haha dumbest **** ever said.

10 infractions.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
HAHAHA DUMBEST **** EVER!!

i definitely come back to brawl to watch a live stream every once in a while so i can see ****ty players play. **** NO. haha dumbest **** ever said.

10 infractions.
I believe your part of these so called "****ty players"

Coney

Smash Master
no, he's right. mid-to-low-levels are probably the most important. case in point, my region now has virtually NO regular low-level players, just an absurd concentration of mid-high to high (but, surprisingly, no top). because of this we regularly have extreme talent saturation with no pools and small brackets. worse yet, we STILL charge $10 entry!

it's because we haven't done pools, i think, and that we never have. there's no incentive to come to a tournament, have a low seed, lose to a PR'd player round one, and then lose to a mid-level talent round two.

wait wtf am i doing in here, gtg bros

_Kain_

Smash Champion
no, he's right. mid-to-low-levels are probably the most important. case in point, my region now has virtually NO regular low-level players, just an absurd concentration of mid-high to high (but, surprisingly, no top). because of this we regularly have extreme talent saturation with no pools and small brackets. worse yet, we STILL charge $10 entry!

it's because we haven't done pools, i think, and that we never have. there's no incentive to come to a tournament, have a low seed, lose to a PR'd player round one, and then lose to a mid-level talent round two.

wait wtf am i doing in here, gtg bros
That...but some people also get moved around in bracket for certain reasons, which I think he meant

Coney

Smash Master
oh yeah definitely, not contesting that

i'm just backing up what he's saying about mid-levels being as important, if not moreso, than the top players in a region

Notra

Smash Ace
lol i am ****ty. havent been to a tourney all year. Just saying. If all i see is **** players. No fun. bunch of random names i dont wanna view or learn how to style from.

Hence why whenever M2k, or Ally, etc. comes to a tourney they say featuring _______. but w.e im a random. LMAO

HAHAHAHA idiots

_Kain_

Smash Champion
lol i am ****ty. havent been to a tourney all year. Just saying. If all i see is **** players. No fun. bunch of random names i dont wanna view or learn how to style from.

Hence why whenever M2k, or Ally, etc. comes to a tourney they say featuring _______. but w.e im a random. LMAO

HAHAHAHA idiots
Your r a random so shut up already

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Wowwwwwwwww. I'm glad there are so many shoutouts in this thread.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Wowwwwwwwww. I'm glad there are so many shoutouts in this thread.
1: Lain ($168) - Thanks for the tips and stuff against Arty even if I still lost XD gratz on winning
2: Kain ($84) - When you teleported through the tree on that friendly I was like "O_O"
3: Arty ($28) - GGs, our matches were really fun. I think I'm just gonna stay all Diddy next time though.
4: JJrockets - Me
5: DLA - 5th place with Ganon lol, nice job
5: Sago - GGs, I got soooo lucky game 1 lol
7: Kappy - didnt really get to play or talk
7: Akashi - GGs in bracket. I had to leave early so I couldn't get that money match in. If you still wanna do it this weekend I'll be down
9: Meth - GGs, that grab armor was super lucky lol. Try not to get as mad at loses though because it prevents you from learning from them
9: Meneil - We gotta play friendlies next time!
9: Genosamus - That Samus is so good lol, I thought you were gonna bring it back game 1
13: Oro - I wanna play you next time, don't think we've ever played
17: Zwarm - next time I'll show you some Diddy stuff
25: Jeff - GGs

Dark Kakashi - Thanks for hosting!
Other people I played friendlies with but don't know what your tag was: GGs, and come to more events!

Teh Future

Smash Master
shoutouts:

lain: teach me ics vs wolf

also everyone should always do pools :D

more games = moar people happi :D:D:D:D:D

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
1: Lain ($168) - GG's, thanks for the compliments on my ROB, I definitely needed them, I was beginning to give up on him again. Next time, lets not have such a stupid round 2. :laugh:
2: Kain ($84) - Dat Wolf!
3: Arty ($28) - :snake: You still owe me like, 80 dollars. I'd appreciate it so I can keep going to tournaments. :)
4: JJrockets - Sounds good, I'm actually still working on Diddy. Usually I'd have dropped him by now.
5: DLA - I like how you and Kain almost didn't enter dubs, and you got second.
5: Sago - I need to play your Samus! I suck against her apparently.
7: Kappy - Scrub.
7: Akashi - All Marf? Nice!
9: Meth - METH!
9: Meneil - I saw your Falco, you're getting good with him. :)
9: Genosamus - Ewwww, Samus.
13: Oro - Thanks for the ride. <3
13: GameQ - Oh my god you exist!
17: Assataw - GG's.
17: Zwarm - Ew, place better.

Short shoutouts, I'm lazy. :laugh:

Top Bottom