• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

End of Days: Brawl Online Discussion Boards Tourney, a celebration of Wifi warriors past and present

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I thought I'd get around to setting up a topic for this, though it may be a bit preemptive. I figure that with Smash 4's release looming and PM's increasing popularity, a final tourney for the denizens of the lollipop guild Brawl Online Boards before this section breathes its last.

GENERAL RULES

-To keep it simple, this will be a single elimination tournament. For those unaware, tournaments are usual done in double elimination format, where two losses sends you packing, but in this case scheduling should be difficult enough already.

-NO ****ING LAG JOHNS. Connections may fluctuate, but all results will be final. This also goes for hardware issues and real life distractions.

-Sets will be run in a first-to-two format. Both players must report back to this topic with results. In case of a dispute where no match videos are available, a rematch may be played with a neutral host and/or match recorder who must suicide three times before the match begins and not touch either fighter.

-If you do not announce an inability to play at least one hour before you are set to play, you will be disqualified, and your opponent will advance.

-If one player does not respond at all within three days of their scheduled match, they will be disqualified.

-Both players must agree on a time to play themselves. I can't be assed to babysit everyone.

I would appreciate any other suggestions on rules.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
MATCH FORMAT

Though version is still tentative, it looks as though PM will be chosen at this point.

The PM rules are:

Default ruleset
Only first page stages are legal

Brackets are also tentative. We will try to get a 16 man bracket, but if that fails, we will cut it down in number and anyone left over who wanted to join can do so as a reserve.

This thread can also be used to seek practice matches for the tournament. Since this is designed for Brawl Online board regulars, it would be a good opportunity to get a look at the competition you'll be facing if you're not that familiar with some of those playing.

Good luck to all who hope to compete!

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
This post is reserved for bracket postings and other delightful things.

Top Bottom