• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EMG Presents: Super Smash Bros. Play of the Week Episode 48

Missed the best moments from the past week in the competitive Smash community? EMG has you covered and just posted the 48th installment of their Play of the Week series! Featured in this episode are highlights from 2GG's incredible Falcon Round Robin, KTAR XV, and more! Check the video below and watch these amazing clips and more submitted by our viewers as well! We're sure some of these highlights and combos will have you at the edge of your seat waiting for more! Keep on smashing!

You can watch EP #48 video below:

If you have any submissions for future EMG videos, you can also send us clips using this form and let us know what you want to see next!
---------​
To support the team, you can check out Even Matchup Gaming's YouTube channel for more hype Smash Bros content and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Twitch.

Follow me on twitter @TorontoJoe to hit me up with some sick gfycats & talk Smash!

EMG Toronto Joe

Comments

Awesome. I love this series.

Edit : Smash 4 gameplay is becoming more impressive off stage. Really glad to see the game being played like this, and not the way it was being played at Apex 2015 (timeouts, Dabuzzkill, etc)

Last edited:

Edit : Smash 4 gameplay is becoming more impressive off stage. Really glad to see the game being played like this, and not the way it was being played at Apex 2015 (timeouts, Dabuzzkill, etc)
The smash 4 metagame is still very young. Back then at apex the metagame wasn't nearly as evolved as it was now. I love seeing complex ones like the Robin and Meta Knight one. If you compare tournament matches at Apex to tournament matches now, you can really see how much the metagame has evolved.

i agree the game goes great but i still think without the possibility to prevent an opponent to ledgehog by ledgehoging, the off-stage meta will still be limited...

i agree the game goes great but i still think without the possibility to prevent an opponent to ledgehog by ledgehoging, the off-stage meta will still be limited...
Ledge Trumping is the 2nd dumbest thing ever done to smash brothers after Tripping.

Still though it's part of the game now, no point whining about it. It is one of the main reasons I choose not to play smash 4....

But hey, I guess in smash 4 you have to go really deep off stage for your edge guards... kind of like some of falcon's riskier edge guards in melee where you go far off stage and try to clip them with a weak knee into uair.

Ledge Trumping is the 2nd dumbest thing ever done to smash brothers after Tripping.
you can avoid getting trumped if you mash a get-up option tho...
'course, that can leave you open to getting attacked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom