• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EMG Presents: Super Smash Bros. Play of the Week Episode 21

Toronto Joe

Smash Master

Missed some of the best moments from this past week in the competitive Smash community? EMG just posted the 21st installment of their Play of the Week series, highlighting some insane Link gameplay courtesy of SAUS at GOML 2015, a whole lot of Captain Falcon hype, and more!

You can watch EP #21 in the video below:

If you have any submissions for future EMG videos, you can also send us clips using this form and let us know what you want to see next!
---------​
To support the team, you can check out Even Matchup Gaming's YouTube channel for more hype Smash Bros content and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Twitch.

Follow me on twitter @TorontoJoe to hit me up with some sick gfycats & talk Smash!

Globe

I only care for waifus
lol all them Smash 4 Captain Falcon mains putting in work after that call out from Zero.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
that Link play is SO inspiring... I'll bet positioning those bombs consistently must have taken lots of lab work, though...

lol all them Smash 4 Captain Falcon mains putting in work after that call out from Zero.
Huh? call out?

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
that Link play is SO inspiring... I'll bet positioning those bombs consistently must have taken lots of lab work, though...

Huh? call out?
You missed a lot if you didn't know about ZeRo calling out pretty much all the smash 4 community and some of the top players like Dabuz.

Last edited:

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
:falconmelee:: Bruh..Weegee I just wanna get on the Stage.
:luigimelee:: ...
:falconmelee:: Weegee come on chill bruh...
:luigimelee:: ...
:falconmelee:: WEEGEE REALLY! QUIT MAN! LET'S F-
:luigimelee:: Year of Luigi Bird Boy

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Great plays! I loved the Link one's! Well done and planned so strategically!

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
DESTROY ALL OF THE TIER LISTS FELLOW FALCON'S! OUR HERO HAS DECEIVED US. @trizforce :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon:

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Why can't For Glory Links be that smart.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
As a strictly Link-only main, it's good to see some great Melee Link play after all these years. Makes me want to play Melee some more.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
As a strictly Link-only main, it's good to see some great Melee Link play after all these years. Makes me want to play Melee some more.
Whoa… You're a Link main?
IM A ZELDA MAIN
What is happening here.jpg

Abbey Street

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abbeystreet
3DS FC
4511-0701-9758
Damn, I would have thought for sure that Duck's four second zero to death on Sauc3 woulda made it. But this was pretty sick in its own right.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
He called out smash 4 players in general. Here's the interview where it happened if you have time.
*video omitted from quote*
O_o yeah, I think I can agree with that sentiment... most Smash 4 tournies I go to, I'll frequently get 4th or so, and a good half of the players I beat think it BS that I won.

that reaction ZeRo made about Japan's rank 19 was hilarious.

Last edited:

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
You missed a lot if you didn't know about ZeRo calling out pretty much all the smash 4 community and some of the top players like Dabuz.
Think of it from his perspective. He's got a hobbie. He wants to enjoy his hobbie. If he wants to play against people who actually have the same passion and skill level he does..but he doesn't see it. And no one is owning up to the plate.

Taunt people. Make them want to strive to become better. If they have the time that is.

They'll keep practicing, and practicing until they can give him a challenge.

I know if I was playing a game and just kept beating everyone I'd do the exact same thing.

Why can't For Glory Links be that smart.
Because it's For Glory..

Last edited:

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
O_o yeah, I think I can agree with that sentiment... most Smash 4 tournies I go to, I'll frequently get 4th or so, and a good half of the players I beat think it BS that I won.

that reaction ZeRo made about Japan's rank 19 was hilarious.
he's right though..

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Think of it from his perspective. He's got a hobbie. He wants to enjoy his hobbie. If he wants to play against people who actually have the same passion and skill level he does..but he doesn't see it. And no one is owning up to the plate.

Taunt people. Make them want to strive to become better. If they have the time that is.

I know if I was playing a game and just kept beating everyone I'd do the exact same thing.

Because it's For Glory..
I don't know why you are telling me this I know his perspective.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
To quote shadowofchaos from the Serenes Forest community...
You all lose to the table sniper

I rest my case

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095

I'll agree that Smash 4 players have grown a bit complacent with how things are, but outside of folks like ZeRo and Nairo, I've not seen very many players pull off some hype inducing stunts.

Zero's Diddy is scary, Nairo's ZSS blew my mind (and inspired me to work on mine), but I've not seen very many high profile combos featuring my other mains, so "optimizing" to keep up with fighters like Diddy or Shiek isn't making a whole lot of real progress with me...

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
You do but some don't. Plus why post it if not hoping for a discussion? Why bring it up at all?
I shoulda left a link for him kinda dropped the ball their and you are right about some people not knowing. So many people taking it way too seriously.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Looks like Melee might need a new tier list... :linkmelee:

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
God damn Larry is the only player to ever make me consider picking up a character, that was amazing holy crap.

Top Bottom