• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EMG Presents: SSBM Top 30 Plays of 2015 - Part 3/3 (10-1)

Happy New Years Smashers worldwide! 2015 was a historic year for Super Smash Bros Melee. We saw some of the best SSBM ever as the game experienced one of it's craziest years thus far. EMG has been highlighting the Top 30 SSBM plays of the past year in a 3 part series and we are now down to our final 10 plays! Featured in this video are what our youtube subscribers, Smashboards readers, and EMG staff helped decide as the best of the best, grab some pop corn and enjoy the show!

You can watch the top 10 SSBM plays of 2015 here:

You can watch plays 20-11 here:

You can watch plays 30-21 here:

Thanks for watching everyone! Take the opportunity to let us know in the comments what your favorite moments of 2015 were!

If you have any submissions for future EMG videos, you can also send us clips using this form and let us know what you want to see next!
---------​
To support the team, you can check out Even Matchup Gaming's YouTube channel for more hype Smash Bros content and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Twitch.

Follow me on twitter @TorontoJoe to hit me up with some sick gfycats & talk Smash!

EMG Toronto Joe

Comments

S2J vs Abate should have been number one IMO.

Still a great list. 2015 was hype as hell for Melee.

That was just a random, jank glitch and nothing more. Neither player did anything skillful. Shouldn't be #1, or even #986.
I would beg to differ because if you watch the whole set there are some amazing plays by both players, the ICG at the end was just icing on the cake.

That was just a random, jank glitch and nothing more. Neither player did anything skillful. Shouldn't be #1, or even #986.
The shock value of that Luigi stopping mid-air on Falcon's Dair was quite high, especially on a critical part of the set (2-2 with one stock for both each). Even I still couldn't believe it. And it's not like they're some scrub players, Abate and S2J were pretty good on that set. Unless you really know what it is, I would venture on the thought that it's more than some random glitch no one understands.

I would beg to differ because if you watch the whole set there are some amazing plays by both players, the ICG at the end was just icing on the cake.
Then how about they show those plays and not the dumb glitch that pretty much eliminated S2J the tournament? Because that showcased the BS part of Melee, not the beauty of it. Why would you want that to be on the list?
And it's not like they're some scrub players, Abate and S2J were pretty good on that set. Unless you really know what it is, I would venture on the thought that it's more than some random glitch no one understands.
I know that they're not scrub players, genius. Anyone with half a brain could figure that out. The fact is that set was decided by a glitch. Not skill, not an amazing play, but a glitch that shouldn't be in the game. The fact anyone considers that a great "play" blows my mind. This is Top 30 PLAYS, not moments. Shocking or not, it shouldn't be on the list. Period.

Last edited:
I know that they're not scrub players, genius. Anyone with half a brain could figure that out. The fact is that set was decided by a glitch. Not skill, not an amazing play, but a glitch that shouldn't be in the game. The fact anyone considers that a great "play" blows my mind. This is Top 30 PLAYS, not moments. Shocking or not, it shouldn't be on the list. Period.
It still is a play since it's clearly in the bonus clips, regardless of the decision. Hostility on my opinion isn't going to change that.

Top Bottom