• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elwind buff idea

Pski

Smash Cadet
So I was thinking about Robin because she's my secondary and IMO one of the most fun and interesting characters to play, and I'm pretty disappointed in her arguably bottom-tier spot in ultimate. Most characters with a two-part recovery have multiple button presses to activate i.e. shulk and cloud hitting B twice for the second hit of airslash/climhazard.
so what if robin got this treatment? her recovery could have more mixup options, and you wouldn't have to waste two elwind charges when you has a short distance to get to ledge. it could also help a lot with edgeguarding, as missing the first hit would no longer lock robin into the second and push her too far away to apply any significant pressure.
would this be a suitable buff for robin?

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
Honestly, it probably would be. It definitely wouldn’t bring Robin to high tier, but it would definitely help them out a bit.

I honestly don’t see why this would be a huge buff, since a good Robin never really runs out of their Elwind tome, but considering how Robin isn’t really looking like the best character, anything would be appreciated.

This would, once again, be a great buff but the Robins honestly needs other buffs to bring them even close to being up to speed with the rest of the cast. For example, the Levin Sword needs to be available from the start of the match-not sure why they did that in the first place, especially since the Levin is available in the beginning of the other stocks-and Arcfire needs decreased endlag, Arcthunder needs to last longer so you can combo out of it if you don’t have the reaction time of a god, etc.

Robin’s bit looking too good, but I’m sure that they’ll bring what is easily the most unique FE character up to at least mid tier again.

Please.

(Btw if you’re wondering why I referred to Robin as “them” instead of “her,” it’s because I actually use the green male Robin alt. He’s the Mythical Weed Wizard).

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
So I was thinking about Robin because she's my secondary and IMO one of the most fun and interesting characters to play, and I'm pretty disappointed in her arguably bottom-tier spot in ultimate. Most characters with a two-part recovery have multiple button presses to activate i.e. shulk and cloud hitting B twice for the second hit of airslash/climhazard.
so what if robin got this treatment? her recovery could have more mixup options, and you wouldn't have to waste two elwind charges when you has a short distance to get to ledge. it could also help a lot with edgeguarding, as missing the first hit would no longer lock robin into the second and push her too far away to apply any significant pressure.
would this be a suitable buff for robin?
I disagree that Robin is bottom tier. She's moreso "under represented" than "bottom tier". She probably could use a slight buff or two but I really don't think she's bottom tier at all. She aint Lil Mac or Mii Brawler.

Pski

Smash Cadet
Honestly, it probably would be. It definitely wouldn’t bring Robin to high tier, but it would definitely help them out a bit.

I honestly don’t see why this would be a huge buff, since a good Robin never really runs out of their Elwind tome, but considering how Robin isn’t really looking like the best character, anything would be appreciated.

This would, once again, be a great buff but the Robins honestly needs other buffs to bring them even close to being up to speed with the rest of the cast. For example, the Levin Sword needs to be available from the start of the match-not sure why they did that in the first place, especially since the Levin is available in the beginning of the other stocks-and Arcfire needs decreased endlag, Arcthunder needs to last longer so you can combo out of it if you don’t have the reaction time of a god, etc.

Robin’s bit looking too good, but I’m sure that they’ll bring what is easily the most unique FE character up to at least mid tier again.

Please.

(Btw if you’re wondering why I referred to Robin as “them” instead of “her,” it’s because I actually use the green male Robin alt. He’s the Mythical Weed Wizard).
lol yeah. i mostly say her just cause it's habit by now. nothing against the weedwizard.
and i agree that arcfire should have less lag and levin should be available from the start, that would be an absolute godsend for the character. i only bring up elwind because it's not a move i see talked about a whole lot

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
lol yeah. i mostly say her just cause it's habit by now. nothing against the weedwizard.
and i agree that arcfire should have less lag and levin should be available from the start, that would be an absolute godsend for the character. i only bring up elwind because it's not a move i see talked about a whole lot
Weed wizard is bess male robin
But seriously, Elwind buffs would help Robin out a lot. This idea could be very useful.

ivean999

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I think the perfect buff to Robin would just be to have tome recharges as rewards for hitting moves and/or killing. For example, hitting Thoron charges Elwind, hitting Elwind charges Arcfire, hitting Arcfire charges Nos, hitting Nos charges Thoron. Or, maybe getting a kill recharges your tomes and Levin sword. Robin has some whacky disadvantage in neutral past the first stock, and I don't think he has the burst output to deserve it.

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
Honestly, I think the perfect buff to Robin would just be to have tome recharges as rewards for hitting moves and/or killing. For example, hitting Thoron charges Elwind, hitting Elwind charges Arcfire, hitting Arcfire charges Nos, hitting Nos charges Thoron. Or, maybe getting a kill recharges your tomes and Levin sword. Robin has some whacky disadvantage in neutral past the first stock, and I don't think he has the burst output to deserve it.
I feel like this would be too complicated. Maybe it could work, but I’m leaning away from it. Well, at least the part where Robin regains tomes and levin after kills. That would be nice.

CrimsonAvenger

Smash Rookie
Just prevent the dreaded 1 blade Elwind. You should always get 2 blades of wind. Just like you can fully charge to Thoron with just 1 bar of lightning tome.
Not only does a 1 blade Elwind barely move you, it will not let you ledge snap even if you are in range.

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
Just prevent the dreaded 1 blade Elwind. You should always get 2 blades of wind. Just like you can fully charge to Thoron with just 1 bar of lightning tome.
Not only does a 1 blade Elwind barely move you, it will not let you ledge snap even if you are in range.
Yes.

Top Bottom