• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
i mean as far as i know they could bend the rules with the last individual dlc, as there's 3 empty stage spots after the pass ends. we could STILL get a stage and music if Elma's individual. just no spirit board.

i can live with no spirit board as long as i get music, and also a stage
If they were to go through all the trouble of including all of that with her standalone pack, why not throw in a spirit board while they're at it?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
well... i guess we'll be waiting for E3 for what is potentially the last reveals. maybe that bonus character rumor is true, maybe it isn't. Either way, I may take a break from here to not worry about that, and try to focus on other personal matters i've put on the backburner for quite a while (mostly during when dad was still alive). i kinda? feel like elma was more base roster material anyway in hindsight. maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised. i'll definitely make a full comeback if:
  • either her and/or any other MWs of mine are confirmed (Neku, Octoling, Ahri, Reimu, KOS-MOS)
  • they decide to continue DLC after all, with or without Sakurai
  • Ultimate Deluxe/Encore for Super Switch is a thing.
i just like everyone is here too much for that to go away and i want elma to be able to face everyone, i guess, like i mentioned in earlier posts. especially my longer post shortly after Pythra's reveal.

as for more of a preface;
You know I might actually yeet myself from this site until E3. Depression over a lot of things, including the passing away of my father last December, a job that while I mostly enjoy it is also stressful, the pandemic and not knowing if some friends are safe (a few caught COVID and became “long haulers” and idk if they’ll ever be okay again), and other things. The fact I to this day haven’t gotten even one of my most wanteds (Min Min was a “she’d be nice to have”) didn’t help.

At the very least, with Hayabusa out I don’t have to worry about the person who mistreated me being I guess “validated” (long ass story there). But I also wanna try to get some personal affairs in order that I’ve put off for quite some time. Including but not limited to psychiatric help.
if you wanna keep in touch, you know where to find me. i may also pop into some friends' dms here every now and then, but for now... i just need to take it easy.

and remember;

"Strength comes from experience - that's true on any planet."

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
well... i guess we'll be waiting for E3 for what is potentially the last reveals. maybe that bonus character rumor is true, maybe it isn't. Either way, I may take a break from here to not worry about that, and try to focus on other personal matters i've put on the backburner for quite a while (mostly during when dad was still alive). i kinda? feel like elma was more base roster material anyway in hindsight. maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised. i'll definitely make a full comeback if:
  • either her and/or any other MWs of mine are confirmed (Neku, Octoling, Ahri, Reimu, KOS-MOS)
i just like everyone is here too much for that to go away and i want elma to be able to face everyone, i guess, like i mentioned in earlier posts. especially my longer post shortly after Pythra's reveal.

if you wanna keep in touch, you know where to find me. i may also pop into some friends' dms here every now and then, but for now... i just need to take it easy.

and remember;

Thats understandable. Take all the time you need.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

and remember;

Your mental health's important, Rie. Take as long a break as you want. :)

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman

and remember;

Take it easy Rie, you know where to find me if you want to chat.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
hey remember my brilliant plan to wait for X's anniversary to see if sakurai would acknowledge it
hey remember the eternal suffering and torment of being a xenoblade x fan

Calamitas

Smash Champion
hey remember my brilliant plan to wait for X's anniversary to see if sakurai would acknowledge it
hey remember the eternal suffering and torment of being a xenoblade x fan
Cool, can't wait to wordlessly just respond to the 28th's PotD with an upload of X' cover.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I find it more interesting seeing Sakurai throw us an article explaining that games that are only represented via spirits dont get anniversary events just in time for XCX's Japanese anniversary than just getting a 'XCX came out 6 years ago heres a picture of R.O.B on Gaur Plain' tweet.

Maplejr.

Smash Rookie
I just know that the PotD on the 28th will feature the red Hero alt just to mock us.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i was actually thinking lately

i think it's actually suspicious that sakurai didn't mention xenoblade x or elma in any of his interviews, in any context

like when he mentioned arms and xc2 having missed the boat for base, he ended up revisiting them later which is a plus

a minus - he said he considered decidueye but incineroar ultimately won over and apparently (with the exception of gen 1) there's only 1 pokemon rep per gen so decidueye's dead in my eyes (i guess it's TPC/gamefreak politics or something)

but elma? no mention, not even around the final video presentation of smash 4, no mention of x.... surely he HAD to have played it, he plays EVERY nintendo game. fwiw also, while technically third party, sephiroth wasn't even so much as alluded to (like in interviews) before his official reveal

and before you say wii u, inkling got a trophy and mii in 4 so i wouldn't count the wii u's failure against him not mentioning x either. it was probably that inkling couldn't be implemented in 4 cause their ink mechanic would PROBABLY make the 3ds explode

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Obligatory mention of how this POTD is vaguely reminiscent of the Xenoblade series 10th anniversary art:

Speaking of Sakurai's POTDs though, hey, we're less than a week away from him not acknowledging X' anniversary at all. Considering that he didn't acknowledge the anniversary of Shadows of Valentia earlier this week, it seems like just about a given at this point.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Obligatory mention of how this POTD is vaguely reminiscent of the Xenoblade series 10th anniversary art:

Speaking of Sakurai's POTDs though, hey, we're less than a week away from him not acknowledging X' anniversary at all. Considering that he didn't acknowledge the anniversary of Shadows of Valentia earlier this week, it seems like just about a given at this point.
Ok but hear me out: they’re teasing Project X Zone 3 and this time Square Enix is joining in as well. Maybe Konami and/or SNK too. AND ELMA WILL BE IN PXZ3 PLEASE IF NOT SMASH.

let me dream 🥺 the creators left but the producer’s still there so it can still happen right?

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Why didn’t I get any notifications for this thread? Weird...Anyway, how are you guys and girls doing?

Some time ago I farmed “a handful” of Elma spirits (because her spirit is so effing rare on spirit board like bro wtf).
I had a few of those as mirror matches playing as Bayonetta. Was pretty fun.

Elma Spirits.jpg

at least 20, don't judge me

And on a side note: I’m currently playing Persona 5 Strikers (great game btw) and one of the bosses gave me some hard skell/ face mechon vibes
(with a little bit of Poppibuster in it)

Persona Boss.jpg

And the guy who uses it looks and sounds like Tony Stark (this was done on purpose and you can’t tell me otherwise).

Yeah, just wanted to share some random thoughts here… I really need to be more active…

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Why didn’t I get any notifications for this thread? Weird...Anyway, how are you guys and girls doing?

Some time ago I farmed “a handful” of Elma spirits (because her spirit is so effing rare on spirit board like bro wtf).
I had a few of those as mirror matches playing as Bayonetta. Was pretty fun.

View attachment 312626
at least 20, don't judge me

And on a side note: I’m currently playing Persona 5 Strikers (great game btw) and one of the bosses gave me some hard skell/ face mechon vibes
(with a little bit of Poppibuster in it)

View attachment 312627

And the guy who uses it looks and sounds like Tony Stark (this was done on purpose and you can’t tell me otherwise).

Yeah, just wanted to share some random thoughts here… I really need to be more active…
judging intensifies

Anyway, have you tried visiting other threads? That might help you get more active, interacting with different groups.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
C'mon Nintendo, let Monolith Soft have their baby back.

Wait, would Nintendo have to buy or Monolith Soft? Never thought of that...
Technically Bandai Namco owns the rights to KOS-MOS (and T-elos). Bandai Namco is even credited for their XC2 artwork

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Bit late to respond to that, but that alone doesn't really have to mean anything. Let's remember, Monolith Soft has about three or four teams that are all working on different stuff.

i just feel like it won't stop at Elma's XC2 cameo. i am very sure SOMETHING more for X is in the works
Right now it honestly mostly feels like whatever Monolith Soft's next project is, is our best shot. Considering that the composers for 1 and 2 teased working on a big project however, I'm somewhat doubtful. Unless Monolith Soft really steers the overall style of the soundtrack away from Sawano's work.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Bit late to respond to that, but that alone doesn't really have to mean anything. Let's remember, Monolith Soft has about three or four teams that are all working on different stuff.

Right now it honestly mostly feels like whatever Monolith Soft's next project is, is our best shot. Considering that the composers for 1 and 2 teased working on a big project however, I'm somewhat doubtful. Unless Monolith Soft really steers the overall style of the soundtrack away from Sawano's work.
PROJECT X ZONE 3 WITH ELMA

Or uhhh... Xenoblade Warriors, right?? Haha... not obsessed or anything nope

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Been two days so

take this with a grain of salt but:

The new hires aren’t related to BOTW2...

I think it’s happening boyos

by “it” I mean either X Definitive or PXZ3, which I’m fine with either. Elma better be in the latter tho

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Been two days so

take this with a grain of salt but:

The new hires aren’t related to BOTW2...

I think it’s happening boyos

by “it” I mean either X Definitive or PXZ3, which I’m fine with either. Elma better be in the latter tho
Heh, I was actually contemplating whether or not to post this myself. Considering that this person has established a decent track record for themselves (unlike a certain other twitter "leaker" whose name almost runs risk of being censored by the boards), so they got the credibility factor down to an extent. As for the news itself. . . well, it's at least somewhat promising for a new Xenoblade game, so that's a start. Now it's only a question as to whether or not it's related to X.
Sorry Rie I just really could not care less PXZ

Anyway, I also asked that person whether they know by chance what type of game the next Xenoblade project is going to be. Let's see if they respond.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Heh, I was actually contemplating whether or not to post this myself. Considering that this person has established a decent track record for themselves (unlike a certain other twitter "leaker" whose name almost runs risk of being censored by the boards), so they got the credibility factor down to an extent. As for the news itself. . . well, it's at least somewhat promising for a new Xenoblade game, so that's a start. Now it's only a question as to whether or not it's related to X.
Sorry Rie I just really could not care less PXZ

Anyway, I also asked that person whether they know by chance what type of game the next Xenoblade project is going to be. Let's see if they respond.
The Newcomer thread said they’ve gotten some things wrong but idk what. They definitely seem more trustworthy than that fraud at least

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
The Newcomer thread said they’ve gotten some things wrong but idk what. They definitely seem more trustworthy than that fraud at least
Well, the anniversary update for Animal Crossing was smaller than they had promised, and we have yet to see a large-scale update for that game again. But then again. . . well, COVID.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, the anniversary update for Animal Crossing was smaller than they had promised, and we have yet to see a large-scale update for that game again. But then again. . . well, COVID.
On the topic of animal crossing real quick one thing I’ve wanted since release is the return of the “cameo” villagers like the Zelda and Splatoon ones

AND I REALLY REALLY WANT VILLAGERS BASED ON PEARL AND MARINA 😭

but also, didn’t Thugstas from ResetEra say a NSO update was coming? He also said an X port and this lines up...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait what? Who is this person and how trustworthy is he?
All you need to know, it would seem the NSO stuff might have been delayed but that guy’s last post was doubling down on what he heard

Top Bottom