• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
For there to be X music, the following has to happen
  1. Nintendo thinks it's worthwhile to include content from a game not on Switch, that isn't connected to the game(s) they're promoting and may not be revisited in future (while every other Blade game uses the same composers who are already working on Smash and thus trival to work with)
  2. Nintendo has to think that it's worth contacting Sawano to ask, knowing that he is a big name composer and that Smash is a game with a huge audience (both parties night think they're entitled to more than they actually are)
  3. Sawano then agrees and is so easy to work with that they manage to fit X music in without interfering with anything else - budget, memory, song length, licensing, the works.
They've rarely strayed from the source game for content and the exceptions (SNK being easy to work with, 'modern' Persona being it's own franchise) don't bode well for X. I'm not counting on a celebration of Xeno with this next fighter pack. There's diminishing returns for asking a high-profile composer to lend them tracks at reasonable prices so they can be used in a game with an enormous audience to promote a game not even on Switch. I just can't see Nintendo caring.

Still looking forward to seeing just how hard X gets ignored in the Sakurai Presents video, though.
Can't wait for every game except X getting love lmao!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think that Nintendo and Sakurai will make a decision soon (if they haven’t done so yet) about extending development on Smash Ultimate. It all depends on how the next Switch “successor” (the “Pro” or whatever you want to call it) is received by the general public. At the beginning of the Switch’s lifecycle, Iwata said their goal was to make the Switch last several generations with hardware updates. If it is well received, then they will continue to expand the Switch brand with no hard reset. If Nintendo decides to go this route now, I think their best course of action is to keep milking Smash Ultimate rather than making a brand new Smash game. IIRC, Sakurai said that working on DLC characters has been an enjoyable experience for him.
It’s certainly a lot less stressful than base I can tell. As long as he never pulls a Melee and tries to do something within only 13 months again. He got hospitalized for overworking that time.

I’ve been thinking about the “development cycle that started since Smash 4’s ballot will come to an end” statement. Maybe it’s just the end of that said period?

also worth noting Skullgirls got a second revision, 2nd Encore, and is now resuming DLC after 5 years. Granted that’s an indie game that’s multi platform but still

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
It’s certainly a lot less stressful than base I can tell. As long as he never pulls a Melee and tries to do something within only 13 months again. He got hospitalized for overworking that time.

I’ve been thinking about the “development cycle that started since Smash 4’s ballot will come to an end” statement. Maybe it’s just the end of that said period?

also worth noting Skullgirls got a second revision, 2nd Encore, and is now resuming DLC after 5 years. Granted that’s an indie game that’s multi platform but still
Street Fighter V is on it's 5th season (Probably would have ended at 4 if SFVI development was going smoother). Tekken is on it's 4th season (Also a Namco fighting game). Mortal Kombat 11 got a season followed by an expansion and then a next gen update with more new characters, and will likely see more expansion when the movie comes out in April. Killer Instinct managed a 3rd season despite losing it's Developer.

Smash 4 support ended alongside Ultimate development starting, honestly I don't see Ultimate ending after FP2 as demand still seems to be high. Besides Smash sells other games, keeping it alive is probably worth it solely for the additional sales it drives for Nintendo games.

Not saying it will happen, just that I don't understand why it wouldn't.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I'm interested to see more details on what NPLN, Smash could do with better online too but I don't see them implementing rollback netcode, but maybe this could improve things in some other way. X's multiplayer is unique among Nintendo games honestly, I could any new system being included, though I have no idea why it would be necessary. Netcode and online infrastructure isn't my wheelhouse.
Sakurai said they tried rollback netcode but it didn't work. It is possible though that the issue was with the current servers

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
At this point I'll be content with Elma as a Mii. Hope she makes it as one.
I'd actually prefer not to see Elma as a Mii, purely because I'm holding out hope for a third Fighters Pass. All evidence points to DLC Mii Costume waves being hard disconfirms, so if we don't see Elma next week, that actually helps her chances a bit. Also, I've silently accepted that KOS-MOS will likely be one of the non-Xenoblade Miis, so I need to hold onto something optimistic.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd actually prefer not to see Elma as a Mii, purely because I'm holding out hope for a third Fighters Pass. All evidence points to DLC Mii Costume waves being hard disconfirms, so if we don't see Elma next week, that actually helps her chances a bit. Also, I've silently accepted that KOS-MOS will likely be one of the non-Xenoblade Miis, so I need to hold onto something optimistic.
Honestly at this point I don't think a Pass 3 is happening. This will be it after the next two.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
Honestly at this point I don't think a Pass 3 is happening. This will be it after the next two.
Even if a third pass was happening I can't imagine they'd add another Xenoblade character, but maybe that's just me being pessimistic. I know they already did two FE characters in Smash 4 but that was a very different time and dlc was being handled very differently

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Even if a third pass was happening I can't imagine they'd add another Xenoblade character, but maybe that's just me being pessimistic. I know they already did two FE characters in Smash 4 but that was a very different time and dlc was being handled very differently
Maybe Xenoblade X Definitive Edition could be done by then and they could add Elma to promote that

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Xenoblade X Definitive Edition could be done by then and they could add Elma to promote that
That's quite a what if scenario. Personally I already expected them to promote X's original release in 4 DLC and then we ended up with Corrin, so this is definitely the pessimist in me but should an fp3 and X Definitive be announced I'd rather not have any expectations this time.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'll see as a third pass as not happening when Sakurai says on-screen "that's it, we're finished", and not some statement in a throwaway print article that becomes easily outdated later. Guy tends to have bad luck trying to end things on his own terms, regarding Smash.

Just be grateful that XBX was given content at all, the first two Bravely games couldn't even get that much.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'll see as a third pass as not happening when Sakurai says on-screen "that's it, we're finished", and not some statement in a throwaway print article that becomes easily outdated later. Guy tends to have bad luck trying to end things on his own terms, regarding Smash.

Just be grateful that XBX was given content at all, the first two Bravely games couldn't even get that much.
if anything, i wanted bravely content back in smash 4 but it wasn't meant to be...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Overall, really frightened for Elma right now. Worst case scenario, either (1) she'll be revealed as a Mii Fighter, or (2) she'll be a colour swap for Mythra. Or both. Again, it's not over until it's over. Best case scenario, they'll double-dip and reveal Elma as playable in a future direct. Given Sakurai's bias toward Xenoblade, I'm willing to keep mine hopes up.

At any rate, I fancy we'll know soon enough.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Overall, really frightened for Elma right now. Worst case scenario, either (1) she'll be revealed as a Mii Fighter, or (2) she'll be a colour swap for Mythra. Or both. Again, it's not over until it's over. Best case scenario, they'll double-dip and reveal Elma as playable in a future direct. Given Sakurai's bias toward Xenoblade, I'm willing to keep mine hopes up.

At any rate, I fancy we'll know soon enough.
Don’t give me hope like that

I doubt they’d double dip in the same PASS, but if FP3 happens I say go for it. It’s not like this is a Decidueye/Lycanroc vs Incineroar sitch anyway; Pythra and Elma are technically from different installments.

yes I know we got Robin, Lucina AND Chrom now as well as third parties with more than one character but yeah

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean, it's not impossible. A franchise getting more than one newcomer isn't uncommon among relavent franchises. Zelda had the most newcomers in one Smash game with 4 newcomers being Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf and Young Link.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
If they put a mii costume for Elma, I hope at least they also add one for Lora too, as that would "soften the blow". I mean, rather than looking like the game that got a mii costume unlike the "main games" that got fighters, it would be Shulk and Pyra/Mythra as fighters and Rex, Elma and Lora as mii costumes, so a bit less segregating at least.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If they put a mii costume for Elma, I hope at least they also add one for Lora too, as that would "soften the blow". I mean, rather than looking like the game that got a mii costume unlike the "main games" that got fighters, it would be Shulk and Pyra/Mythra as fighters and Rex, Elma and Lora as mii costumes, so a bit less segregating at least.
Maybe Mecha-Fiora too? She appears in Shulk’s Final Smash, and appeared with other Nintendo characters in other games

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
I mean, it's not impossible. A franchise getting more than one newcomer isn't uncommon among relavent franchises. Zelda had the most newcomers in one Smash game with 4 newcomers being Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf and Young Link.
The basis for this belief of mine was based in the idea that most crossover fighting games don't double dip into a franchise during dlc, however I do not believe there is enough evidence to support that claim anymore as I did a bit of digging and, on top of there just not being very many crossover fighters in the same vein as smash, there are barely any that have had an extensive run of dlc. The few I could find are Jump Force and Marvel Vs. Capcom. Jump Force very frequently has pulled multiple characters from franchises for dlc, while MvC didn't do so in Ultimate 3 and Infinite. I checked a few other games and how they handled their dlc too but ultimately I just don't think there's enough here to assume how smash would handle it's future dlc. I apologize for bringing this up as a point.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The basis for this belief of mine was based in the idea that most crossover fighting games don't double dip into a franchise during dlc, however I do not believe there is enough evidence to support that claim anymore as I did a bit of digging and, on top of there just not being very many crossover fighters in the same vein as smash, there are barely any that have had an extensive run of dlc. The few I could find are Jump Force and Marvel Vs. Capcom. Jump Force very frequently has pulled multiple characters from franchises for dlc, while MvC didn't do so in Ultimate 3 and Infinite. I checked a few other games and how they handled their dlc too but ultimately I just don't think there's enough here to assume how smash would handle it's future dlc. I apologize for bringing this up as a point.
Well, if we are talking two reps from the same franchise in the same DLC lineup, than that's a different story. But what I was saying it's not impossible for the same franchise to get more than one character in the same Smash game. Though you do have a point since all franchises that have had multiple newcomers in the same game literally had most of their characters in base game with only 1 being DLC looking at you Corrin and Byleth.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'm a bit late but I wanted to say Elma was always the Xeno rep I preferred to get in but I do understand why they went with Pyra as 2 is the more popular game. I finally beat Xenoblade Chronicles DE the other day so I was hoping to get into the other games soon, I'd really love to get X on the Switch. I have heard X ended on a cliffhanger so if that subseries is supposed to be an ongoing series as opposed to the mainline Xenoblade games I can see Elma become relevant again and a strong pick for a future Smash inclusion

Calamitas

Smash Champion
You know, since Rie shared her reasons for supporting Elma and why X is important to her the other day, I think I will be doing the same. Admittedly, it's not really such an emotional thing for me, so I doubt that it will really resonate with people as much. But since we're running the very real risk of my(/our) most wanted being officially done for this coming Thursday, and I probably won't stick around the forums all that much if that happens, consider this a sort of potential departure-ish message.

Xenoblade as a series has just. . . always been something rather personal for me. For a variety of reasons, even though I'm technically old enough to have been around for the N64 era, I didn't really get into gaming myself until the middle of the Wii era about ten years later. For most of my time before that, I've really just been playing Pokémon and not much else, and didn't really venture out much until Super Smash Bros. Brawl really caught my eye. A few years after that, Operation Rainfall and its individual games had caught my interest. Since I've had been playing Pokémon for years, I obviously enjoyed RPGs a ton, and since I'm German, the release of Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower was already confirmed for Europe. So I figured, why not give those a chance? I even got to play Xenoblade for a bit at the Gamescom event in 2011, right around the time that Xenoblade Chronicles got released. The demo bit was too short to really leave an impression of any kind, but I was going to get the game, anyway - and so I did.

Needless to say, Xenoblade Chronicles blew me away. I barely understood the battle system (it took me more than one replay to figure that out fully, to be honest), but the story and its characters as well as the music absolutely hooked me, and it quickly became one of my favourite games of all time, which it still is to this day. Partly because of how much of an extremely limited and poorly promoted release the original Xenoblade got though, I suppose I kinda came to view it as "my own personal thing". Of course, you'd still be able to find fans of the game here and there, but by and large, it was a very niche affair, and I didn't really interact with other fans all that much. And as should be expected, Shulk obviously became my most wanted character for Smash 4. So imagine how absolutely elated I felt when after a slew of characters that I had already wanted for the game (Rosaline, Palutena, Robin and Lucina), my absolute most wanted got in! It was great.

Though after that, the obvious qualities of Smash settled in, and people became more familiar with Xenoblade. Don't get me wrong, it was absolutely fantastic to me that this game that I loved so much was finally getting the attention it deserved, but in a way, it does feel like in retrospect, the game lost something of its charme when it became more widely talked about. Nothing that will ever in any meaningful way impact my own love for Xenoblade Chronicles, but still something that I notice in a way. . . it's hard to convey, okay?

But none of the above is really what I'm here to talk about. Consider this all just a bit of background for me talking about X.

So since I already had been a fan of Xenoblade for quite some time before that, the announcement of X (as it really was just called back then) in the January 2013 Nintendo Direct did immediately catch my eye. Though even from that very first trailer, there was something about it that I didn't quite like as much as the original Xenoblade - I still remember vividly that one of my first concerns about the game was that it looked too desatured, which I didn't really like since I'm absolutely not a fan of the "real is brown" aesthetic, and the original Xenoblade had a pretty good sweetspot I felt. Further showings of the game did continue in a similar vein for me: It looked good and I liked it, but its visual identity and all that wasn't really something I liked all that much. Mechs? They're kinda cool to me, but I'm not losing my mind over them. A sci-fi setting? Personally I vastly prefer fantasy, but alright, I can live with that. The thing that finally convinced me of the game in some capacity was actually the reveal that it would have Nopon - I had always wanted at least some of the first game's races to make a comeback, and Nopon were probably the best choice.

When I then got the game in December of 2015 (some time after the actual release, since my birthday and Christmas were around that time) I then played it and enjoyed it. . . but it didn't really click with me. After I had managed to beat it, I intended to stick around and finish all the side quests, but "doing that soon" after a while became "doing it eventually", and after a while I just had completely put it on a back-burner and played other games instead.

Then Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came, and. . . y'know, I'll not talk about that one that much. I think most people who frequent this thread are already familiar enough with my thoughts on the game. Still, I need to talk about the game to some extent, to actually get back around to what X meant to me, so to any people frequenting this thread who like 2, and are actually taking the time to read this long rambling message, just bear with me for a moment. So, what pretty much immediately killed my hype for that game on announcement were the character designs. And at that point, it wasn't even an issue of fanservice yet - I was just always one of the (apparently very few) people who had no issue with the way the character models looked in the original and X, and even felt that it was a servicable, and most importantly, distinct look. So seeing Monolith Soft move away from that, and towards a more generic anime art style. . . it didn't really sit right with me. But I did still remember how I was sorta concerned about the way that X looked when that came out, so I figured that it would be a similar situation, and that I'd ultimately still enjoy the game. And when I got 2 a few months after its release and played it, (and here's probably the shocker) I did enjoy it. It didn't come anywhere close to the original for me, but if you had asked me at that exact moment in time how I would have ranked the three games in terms of how much I enjoyed them, I probably would have ranked them 1 > 2 > X.

But of course, it didn't stay like that. And how did that come about? Well, that's got to do with Breath of the Wild. Since I didn't get a Switch back when it released, but still wanted to play Breath of the Wild, I simply got it for Wii U. And I also eventually got its DLC for Wii U. And here's where an issue came up: My Wii U had already run out of space, so that I'd have to delete something to make room for BotW's DLC. Then I remembered that hey, I had downloaded some of those data packs for X that make it run better! I'll just delete those, since the game still runs without them. That'll work. And then I didn't pay it much mind beyond that. After I had beaten Xenoblade 2 some time after that, I decided to at least take one more look at X - before I had played 2, I had done another replay of 1, so why not? I didn't really intend to play it that much, just mess around with the character creator, run around the world a bit, and maybe do some missions, but not that much. So I booted up the game, and. . .

My save data was gone. I had deleted it along with the data packs.
I'm not a very tech savvy person.

But after the initial shock and frustration had worn off, I thought: Hey, why not replay it fully now? After all, I had been rather unhappy with the name I had given my player avatar on that old save file and couldn't change that, and I had already played both other Xenoblade games just before, so, why not? And that's what I did. Some two years after I put the game down, I picked it back and replayed it. And I don't know if it's because my tastes had somehow changed in that time, whether it was because I actually knew what I was getting myself into this time around, or simply because having a game that was more markedly different from 1 and 2 was refreshing at that point, but the fact remained: X clicked with me this time around. It really clicked with me. I beat the game's main story without any issue, and kept going after that, I managed to recruit Mia which I hadn't done the first time around, I got into the online component, I completed contintent after continent and city district after city district, until at least, I even build myself a skell that could specifically knock out Telethia the Endbringer in two attacks, all to finish the game off for 100% completion. It was that playthrough that made X shot up in my appreciation significantly, and is also why it's now my second favourite in the series. (Though it also worth pointing out that at the same time, 2 went down in my appreciation drastically, since everything in that game had more time to sink in - but I'll not dwell on that here.) By the time I was done, it was around summer of 2018, and speculation for Smash Ultimate was in full swing, which finally brings me back around to this thread.

With X now fresh on my mind, and Inkling already confirmed as Ultimate's first newcomer, I of course began to think about who I wanted in Ultimate, and of course, I quickly landed on Elma. Inkling would've been my most wanted, but since they were already confirmed along with the game itself, that already resolved itself pretty quickly. Eventually, I began lurking around these forums, which I had already done for a bit in the Smash 4 days, without signing up however. This time around, I did however join, and the rest is more easily summarized. I suppose after this extensive replay, X had become this sort of niche "personal thing" game to me that the original Xenoblade had been prior to it becoming more widely recognized, which is helped by the fact that it had yet to be ported at that point. With me still remembering how the pre-Smash 4 period was until Shulk's release, I joined in with the speculating for Ultimate, sure that it'd eventually turn out the same. . .

But it never happened.

Pre-release, everyone just kept talking about Rex and Pyra. In the final pre-release Smash Direct, Sakurai specifically apologized for Rex not making it in, while we were looking at every little detail that could point to potential X content. In the actual release of Ultimate, we had a whopping five Spirits and no music, but no apology from Sakurai, or anything explaining that. Internal listings of games that Ultimate draws content from didn't even include X. Yet everyone went on and on about how oh, it's actually Rex who got snubbed! Even though we knew that he couldn't have made it on the project plan. Bring any of these things up, and people came up with excuses like, oh, X is the black sheep of the series, nobody likes it! They want to distance themselves from it, so it's obvious that they barely put anything from it into Ultimate!
DLC went on and on, and the only first-party character on the first pass was Byleth. The second pass began, and Min Min's inclusion was encouraging! But then. . . well, it's still fresh on everyone's mind, so no point in repeating it. Now our best hope is either getting a Mii costume and maybe one or two songs with Pyra and Mythra (read: table scraps), or getting ignored yet again, and living on in the vain, miniscule hope that maybe things will finally shake out for us with one of the last two characters, or we get a third pass.
So I'm sorry if I ever come off as a bitter fan, but with this kind of treatment, I just find it very hard to not be pretty damn pissed at how X has been getting treated. What also doesn't help is that with some other game series that I like I've been getting very disillusioned with how they've been going. Pokémon. . . well, you can imagine. Fire Emblem. . . well, it isn't too terribly bad, but I've just had a really hard time getting really excited for any of the games in the series because of how its fanbase is. And I liked Breath of the Wild, but at the same time, I also somewhat lament the loss of the old Zelda formula. With Smash, the last newcomer that I actively wanted was Inkling, whereas everyone since then was a "yeah I kinda like them" at best, and a "urrrghh" at worst. And to bring it back to Xenoblade 2 for just a moment, I've since come to realize that the way the game handled and de-emphasized side quests is probably one of the biggest things I have against it.

Ironically, though I'll fully admit how ridicilously small the chance is, right now I still have one scenario clear in my mind that would be my preferred outcome: There is no X content in this upcoming Sakurai presents, at E3 it is revealed that Monolith Soft's ominous next project is a do-over of X where they make it the game that they had envisioned before a whole bunch of Wii U related reasons forced them to scale it down, and Elma is picked as a promotional DLC character, similar to what Byleth was. But honestly, even considering that idea a pipe-dream is farfetched.

Now, for some very short closing words. . . with Pyra and Mythra's inclusion, I have at least the silver lining that 1) it's not Rex, and 2) Mythra is a character that (after Torna) I actually legitimately liked, even if I hated the way they handled her in the end. I'm still extremely doubtful that I'll actually get their DLC, but it actually is a possibility.

Anyway, thanks for reading this absurdly long rambling, to anyone who actually took the time to do so! Let me know if I should spoiler tag this due to its length, and I'll edit the post.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, here we are. The week of reckoning for Elma. Will she get Mii’d? Music but no costume? In the Spirit Board for Pythra? Will she dodge those bullets? Will they in fact announce more fighters, or is the end of DLC near either way?

not gonna lie this is making me nervous

Calamitas

Smash Champion

You do realize that Nintendo just publishes the Bravely Default series? They don't own it. Xenoblade meanwhile is owned by Nintendo.

Well, here we are. The week of reckoning for Elma. Will she get Mii’d? Music but no costume? In the Spirit Board for Pythra? Will she dodge those bullets? Will they in fact announce more fighters, or is the end of DLC near either way?

not gonna lie this is making me nervous
Honestly, one silver lining I see now is this: Maybe now that there is a Xenoblade 2 character, all the fans who have been clamouring for one can see how dirty X was done, and can start supporting Elma.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Honestly, one silver lining I see now is this: Maybe now that there is a Xenoblade 2 character, all the fans who have been clamouring for one can see how dirty X was done, and can start supporting Elma.
Oh, absolutely.

Now that I don't have to worry about a XC2 character missing the boat for Smash, I'll gladly support Elma as our next Xenoblade rep, whether it be for a hypothetical third Fighters Pass or the next game altogether. I think she has pretty decent odds too since we could still see a XCX port and/or proper sequel at some point.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm just saying, if you think you got it that bad, just look at the neighbor.

Granted, I know that Bravely Default II is only published by Nintendo, although that is more of a console exclusive than other Square-Enix properties (apart from stuff like Octopath Traveller and Project Triangle Strategy), but still.

Oh, absolutely.

Now that I don't have to worry about a XC2 character missing the boat for Smash, I'll gladly support Elma as our next Xenoblade rep, whether it be for a hypothetical third Fighters Pass or the next game altogether. I think she has pretty decent odds too since we could still see a XCX port and/or proper sequel at some point.
The issue here is that spin-offs inexplicably don't seem to get much time of day character-wise in Smash unless they're related to :ultmario: (and even then it goes only so far for that, just ask Paper Mario fans). Maybe characters featured in major entries are seen as less of a risk?

On the bright side, we're running out of A-lister characters and Xenoblade has yet to be afflicted with a Fire Emblem/Pokémon situation in that asking for specific characters is purely luck-based.

On the other hand, people will definitely want Rex to have a Chrom-like promotion for next time and Cross hasn't been Miied...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm just saying, if you think you got it that bad, just look at the neighbor.

Granted, I know that Bravely Default II is only published by Nintendo, although that is more of a console exclusive than other Square-Enix properties (apart from stuff like Octopath Traveller and Project Triangle Strategy), but still.

The issue here is that spin-offs inexplicably don't seem to get much time of day character-wise in Smash unless they're related to :ultmario: (and even then it goes only so far for that, just ask Paper Mario fans). Maybe characters featured in major entries are seen as less of a risk?

On the bright side, we're running out of A-lister characters and Xenoblade has yet to be afflicted with a Fire Emblem/Pokémon situation in that asking for specific characters is purely luck-based.

On the other hand, people will definitely want Rex to have a Chrom-like promotion for next time and Cross hasn't been Miied...
Thing is I don’t see XCX as a spin-off. For one I feel it’s too large in scale to be a spin off. Torna’s the perfect example of a spin-off (a prequel to be precise) but X to me is very much a mainline entry like 1 and 2 are. Just... from a different “perspective”. In fact I have a theory that (XC2 and XCX ending spoilers) the conduit ends up on Mira after XC2’s final battle. Also, if Klaus’s good half is the Architect, his bad half is Zanza, and Galea’s good half is Meyneth, I have a feeling she has a bad half too... and it’s on Mira somehow.

Perhaps even... Galea’s bad half is the reason the Mims are still alive after the lifehold data banks were destroyed...

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know, as someone whose was introduce to the franchise by Shulk inclusion in Smash 4, who tried XB1 on the Wii U but never got very far into it for various, whose first XB game I fully played & finished was XB2, played & finished XB:DE the day of it's release to make up the time lost, seen some stuff about X but sadly never got the chance to play, did ton of research of Monolith Studio and the start of the Xeno franchise with Gear & Saga, been in the Smash Speculation cycle ever since the first trailer for Smash 4 in 2013 (god I feel old, again), and was basically in heaven when I finally got a character I personally wanted (everything that came before end was more or less fine, but a XB2 rep was something I wanted personally, and even then, a liiiiiittle part of me would have prefered Lora & Jin, or Malos, but what can you do?), was in and feel like I don't have to care too much about Smash Speculation those day...

I can't help but feel guilty for feeling like this and feel you all, XBX fans, deserve as much if not more love than what 1 & 2 are getting atm.

Let me explain:

Alot of you probably don't know much about me, since I don't go into character threads that much, and Smash Speculation is something I learned to not be too invested for my sanity sake, but I did said here and there in the Ultimate Speculation thread that despite me wanting a XB2 rep, I would have been really cool & happy if we got any XB rep. Elma, KOS-MOS, Fiora, etc... At the end of the day, part of me wanting another rep was because I wanted Monolith Studio to get the love they deserve for helping Nintendo in so many way, on top of making qualities games that no other franchise can quite replicate. Are they a perfect studio?

hahahaha

NO

I know XB2 well enough & seen so much of their work that I can safely say that they have made alot of mistakes and their games aren't flawless masterpieces that are on the same level as Citizen Kane or whatever the **** story wise. XB2 especially as lots of flaws that are very easy to point out, like the character design of some characters (a little part of me died a little when I see the same exemples used 494533254 times without anything new added to it, but whatever, some of them are quite meeeeeh indeed) and the english VA in part of the games too, and playing XB1 in full also showed me the problems with that game much more easily. (notably the amount of boring sidequests that tell you to kill X amount of enemies or getting 10 bears ass for some random NPC you probably don't give a **** about and give you no insight on the world or it's characters or good rewards beside more money, and Topples locking trivialize the game difficulty once you have the equipements & party members needed, also sharla gameplay).

I am a fan, but i'm not a fanboy, what i'm saying. Even if I have my opinions on some the problems peoples have with these games, I can still agree that some elements can make these games less fun for some peoples, and if they feel this way, so long they aren't a **** about it, I can respect them & even agree on occasions.

With that all said, XB is one of those franchises that, while it had indeed alot of flaws, it does so much right (the giant world that are very fun to explore and are characters onto themselves, the characters are very likeable & fun to mess aroud with, the gameplay that, once mastered, is so fun & rewarding and give you those adreline rush that make your blood pump, topped all by the musics that make you to ****ing dance & jump like a happy idiot as you SMASH the skulls of some big ASS Unique Bosses that may or may not have you given problems before) that on the moment, I can overlook or atleast not be affected as much when I'm in the right mood.

I love those games what I'm saying, but the game by themselves and the maker of it are only a part of why I love this franchise.

You know what made me care about all those things? Smash 4? Ehhh, I guess so at the start atleast, but I would also say that one of those reasons that made me stick with it are the fans.

Before Smash, as you all know, XB1 was pretty obscure, atleast outside of hardcore JRPG fans. A whole campaign has to be made to get this game and 2 others in North America, and even then, it could have been done ALOT better.

What's more, all the previous Xeno games were quite obscure too. Xenogears was overshadowed by FF7 and suffered from its lack of a complete second disk. And Xenosaga 2 pretty much destroyed any chance for the franchise plan to be realize and forced its creator to all wrap it up in 1 last game, which is now hard as balls to buy.

Yet, despite the all the odds, all these games had their fans. XB1 fans in particular fought hell and back to get more people's to try out the game they love, and getting Shulk into Smash was the best chance to do so, and you know what? It happened, and all thanks to its fanbase, Xenoblade - and to a lesser extent the games before it - were finally getting the attention they deserve.

What i'm saying is, it was thanks to the fan that Xenoblade didn't end up being a cult classic like it's predecessor, and once I realized that, I felt I had to do something, anything to show my support for this franchise I very much care & love now and only want the best for it.

And I did!.....for Xenoblade 2.

Now, if you remember at the start of this loooooooong post. XB2 was my very first Xenoblade I played until completion & then some more. I have 400~ hours into this game and that's without counting Torna into the mix. I been on this ride since I bought the game, and the funny thing is, I didn't think I would love it that much. In fact, the first few trailers made me worried for the franchises! What's this anime style? What are those voices? Why does it look low-budget in places? What is even going on?!

In other words, I was really skeptical at first glance and I remember buying the game with mixed feeling about it due what others were saying & having a rough time at the begining due to how poor the tutorials are & how slow the beginning is gameplay & storywise.

Still, I kept moving forward, and while it wasn't a perfect ride all the way through, I did end up loving it (especially when I reached chapter 5 & then later chapter 8), and once I did lots of research to get what I didn't know or understood on my first time. I came to the conclusion that: yup, this is one of my favourite game of the last years or so, and while I can't make everyone else love it, I can help others as best I can when it come to some questions they might have, and most important of all: make them have a good, chill time with it. Because for me, games are here to have fun and have fun with others peoples you know.

So....to come back to X at last.

Now, why I didn't play this game? If Shulk inclusion to Smash made me care, why didn't I jump on the X train when it was hot?

Well....to be honest, i'm not really sure why. Maybe it was because others games interested me more at the time, maybe it was because the receptions was quite mixed at the time and iI was afraid it wouldn't be worth it, maybe it was my personal life getting in the way, maybe I wanted to play 1 first, etc.. I can't really remember why exactly I didn't give it a chance, but the point is that I didn't. Because of that, I didn't want to talk much about the game because I felt like I couldn't really say anything that was sincere or could help. I didn't play it, who I was to say to someone if the game was really good or really bad in places? Due to this & other stuff, I didn't feel like I belonged in the XBX fanbase, and even those this day, with me knowing much more than I did back then, I still don't know if my opinion is worth a damn due to only seeing videos & posts from others fans who had their own opinions based off their playtime with the game, but I didn't.

Still, this is a Xenoblade, no, I said to myself ,a Monolith Soft game! , even if I didn't play it, I can still show support in some way! After all, we may not all like the same games, but we still love a game from this franchise! And wow, there's a new Smash game coming out on a new console! Maybe we can get a remaster of 1 and/or X for peoples to give those games more of a chance ('cuz one of the thing most peoples loved to critized about the first game at first glance was how ugly the game looked)? Maybe we can get another XB rep too! Monolith as a very good relation with Nintendo and 2 sold well enough to warrant some more love. Surely, after getting Shulk in 4, we will get so much more for all fan of the franchise!...

...Yeah, we got more love, right, butonly for 1 a bit & later 2, X tho...., well to be fair, Elma got into XB2 as a DLCblade with a cool ass music from her game with it and she was featured on various celebration pics for Monolith anniversary, which some of you even remember I posted before, but still....only a few spirits in Smash? No songs? XB:DE is nice, but what about X?

I thought XB2 got little love when Ultimate released, but at least they had the excuses of Ultimate being too far in it's developpement to put much of it in in the base game, but X? I know the Wii U was a failure and said failure caused X to not get the love it deserved, but still, not even 1 song???

It didn't sit right with me, and if I, someone who didn't even play X, felt that way, I couldn't imagine what actual fans felt like at the time.

But now?? After so much times passed, with still no hint at a switch port, despite almost every Wii U games getting a port even for those that don't deserve it as much (Hi NSBMU: Deluxe)? Now, to top it all of, a Xenoblade 2 character get in out of nowhere?!?

Again, I am very, very, VERY happy Pyra & Mythra got in, and I wouldn't change their spots for anything else because I be lying at this point. They aren't my favourite characters in 2, but they are still the XB2 rep I feel Ultimate could need. After years of losing hope for it to happen, there, they are in, and god, they look beautiful. Shulk finally wasn't alone on the Xeno bench, and I could at last finally chill as any other characters they could get in would either not stop me from being happy with what I got, or just make me even happier for their fans and the like.

But....while looking these boards, seeing X fans feeling so, so dissapointed, that their game once again got ignored and now most chances of Elma getting in as a fighter were either lost or slim -depending of who you ask - I couldn't help but feel.... sad, horrible even.

Now, I know it sound like I'm making alot out of nothing. After all, it's Smash Bros, some characters get in, some don't, it's the sad truth but even if it suck for some, you got to be happy if you got what you wanted, right? So long you aren't a total **** to others, it's ok to show your love for what you care, so long it's not in the wrong place, yeah??

In some way, yes, but....part of me can't help but feel like crapat just the thoughts that, maybe, just maybe, my love for Pyra&Mythra could make a XBX fan feel like **** because I could give the impression I don't care about what others feel, when I very much do so. I generally feel this way for other characters too, but here it's different. I know this franchise, I know some of the fans in it, I know how much it mean to them and I know what must it feel to get nothing in return.

Xenoblade isn't the only franchise I wanted a character out of, but as the last years passed, I lost hope for most of my other choices, and my time in Smash Speculation as made me seen so many fanbase lost all hopes for their characters or even franchises. (Remember Ridley speculation thread pre-Smash 4? Remember Isaac speculation thread in the middle of the Grinch Leak & after it?). Some of those series I love, other more or less, but I seen it, alot, and it's never fun imo.

Really, I guess what i'm trying to say is, you guys & X deserve so much more, I know I said it before but I really, REALLY do, and more importantly, even if some of you don't like or even hate 2. Know as a fan of it, I hope my love for it doesn't make you feel worse about yourself. Peoples love to talk **** online about other peoples pick & their games for sometime very petty reasons, it's inevitable (ESPECIALLY ON TWITTER), but whatever happen next, I wish Xenoblade X get the respect it deserve in the future, and that all Xeno fans can still have fun along the way together, not diveded or at the other expense, we're all on this crazy planet/titan together, folks.

......aaaaaaaannnnnnd this post is way too FREAKIN' LONG BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WRITE MY THOUGHTS AND I SUCK ASS AT LONG POST, AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Sorry for the mass texts and if it's not well written in places, I'm really truly bad at those. Let me know if it need spoiler tag, also I didn't try to make it EVEN LONGER than the previous big post, I just really had alot to say because I care alot.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thing is I don’t see XCX as a spin-off. For one I feel it’s too large in scale to be a spin off. Torna’s the perfect example of a spin-off (a prequel to be precise) but X to me is very much a mainline entry like 1 and 2 are. Just... from a different “perspective”. In fact I have a theory that (XC2 ending spoilers) the conduit ends up on Mira after XC2’s final battle. Also, if Klaus’s good half is the Architect, his bad half is Zanza, and Galea’s good half is Meyneth, I have a feeling she has a bad half too... and it’s on Mira somehow.
Well good for you, because I have no idea what XCX is even supposed to be anymore, and Takahashi's lack of clarification on the matter doesn't help. :dizzy:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well good for you, because I have no idea what XCX is even supposed to be anymore, and Takahashi's lack of clarification on the matter doesn't help. :dizzy:
To be fair, after the final post credits scene in X which I won’t spoil, there’s text that says “this story never truly ends”. Maybe it’ll all be cleared up in the sequel.

maybe it’ll get a prequel too...

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
You know, as someone whose was introduce to the franchise by Shulk inclusion in Smash 4, who tried XB1 on the Wii U but never got very far into it for various, whose first XB game I fully played & finished was XB2, played & finished XB:DE the day of it's release to make up the time lost, seen some stuff about X but sadly never got the chance to play, did ton of research of Monolith Studio and the start of the Xeno franchise with Gear & Saga, been in the Smash Speculation cycle ever since the first trailer for Smash 4 in 2013 (god I feel old, again), and was basically in heaven when I finally got a character I personally wanted (everything that came before end was more or less fine, but a XB2 rep was something I wanted personally, and even then, a liiiiiittle part of me would have prefered Lora & Jin, or Malos, but what can you do?), was in and feel like I don't have to care too much about Smash Speculation those day...

I can't help but feel guilty for feeling like this and feel you all, XBX fans, deserve as much if not more love than what 1 & 2 are getting atm.

Let me explain:

Alot of you probably don't know much about me, since I don't go into character threads that much, and Smash Speculation is something I learned to not be too invested for my sanity sake, but I did said here and there in the Ultimate Speculation thread that despite me wanting a XB2 rep, I would have been really cool & happy if we got any XB rep. Elma, KOS-MOS, Fiora, etc... At the end of the day, part of me wanting another rep was because I wanted Monolith Studio to get the love they deserve for helping Nintendo in so many way, on top of making qualities games that no other franchise can quite replicate. Are they a perfect studio?

hahahaha

NO

I know XB2 well enough & seen so much of their work that I can safely say that they have made alot of mistakes and their games aren't flawless masterpieces that are on the same level as Citizen Kane or whatever the ** story wise. XB2 especially as lots of flaws that are very easy to point out, like the character design of some characters (a little part of me died a little when I see the same exemples used 494533254 times without anything new added to it, but whatever, some of them are quite meeeeeh indeed) and the english VA in part of the games too, and playing XB1 in full also showed me the problems with that game much more easily. (notably the amount of boring sidequests that tell you to kill X amount of enemies or getting 10 bears ass for some random NPC you probably don't give a ** about and give you no insight on the world or it's characters or good rewards beside more money, and Topples locking trivialize the game difficulty once you have the equipements & party members needed, also sharla gameplay).

I am a fan, but i'm not a fanboy, what i'm saying. Even if I have my opinions on some the problems peoples have with these games, I can still agree that some elements can make these games less fun for some peoples, and if they feel this way, so long they aren't a **** about it, I can respect them & even agree on occasions.

With that all said, XB is one of those franchises that, while it had indeed alot of flaws, it does so much right (the giant world that are very fun to explore and are characters onto themselves, the characters are very likeable & fun to mess aroud with, the gameplay that, once mastered, is so fun & rewarding and give you those adreline rush that make your blood pump, topped all by the musics that make you to ****ing dance & jump like a happy idiot as you SMASH the skulls of some big ASS Unique Bosses that may or may not have you given problems before) that on the moment, I can overlook or atleast not be affected as much when I'm in the right mood.

I love those games what I'm saying, but the game by themselves and the maker of it are only a part of why I love this franchise.

You know what made me care about all those things? Smash 4? Ehhh, I guess so at the start atleast, but I would also say that one of those reasons that made me stick with it are the fans.

Before Smash, as you all know, XB1 was pretty obscure, atleast outside of hardcore JRPG fans. A whole campaign has to be made to get this game and 2 others in North America, and even then, it could have been done ALOT better.

What's more, all the previous Xeno games were quite obscure too. Xenogears was overshadowed by FF7 and suffered from its lack of a complete second disk. And Xenosaga 2 pretty much destroyed any chance for the franchise plan to be realize and forced its creator to all wrap it up in 1 last game, which is now hard as balls to buy.

Yet, despite the all the odds, all these games had their fans. XB1 fans in particular fought hell and back to get more people's to try out the game they love, and getting Shulk into Smash was the best chance to do so, and you know what? It happened, and all thanks to its fanbase, Xenoblade - and to a lesser extent the games before it - were finally getting the attention they deserve.

What i'm saying is, it was thanks to the fan that Xenoblade didn't end up being a cult classic like it's predecessor, and once I realized that, I felt I had to do something, anything to show my support for this franchise I very much care & love now and only want the best for it.

And I did!.....for Xenoblade 2.

Now, if you remember at the start of this loooooooong post. XB2 was my very first Xenoblade I played until completion & then some more. I have 400~ hours into this game and that's without counting Torna into the mix. I been on this ride since I bought the game, and the funny thing is, I didn't think I would love it that much. In fact, the first few trailers made me worried for the franchises! What's this anime style? What are those voices? Why does it look low-budget in places? What is even going on?!

In other words, I was really skeptical at first glance and I remember buying the game with mixed feeling about it due what others were saying & having a rough time at the begining due to how poor the tutorials are & how slow the beginning is gameplay & storywise.

Still, I kept moving forward, and while it wasn't a perfect ride all the way through, I did end up loving it (especially when I reached chapter 5 & then later chapter 8), and once I did lots of research to get what I didn't know or understood on my first time. I came to the conclusion that: yup, this is one of my favourite game of the last years or so, and while I can't make everyone else love it, I can help others as best I can when it come to some questions they might have, and most important of all: make them have a good, chill time with it. Because for me, games are here to have fun and have fun with others peoples you know.

So....to come back to X at last.

Now, why I didn't play this game? If Shulk inclusion to Smash made me care, why didn't I jump on the X train when it was hot?

Well....to be honest, i'm not really sure why. Maybe it was because others games interested me more at the time, maybe it was because the receptions was quite mixed at the time and iI was afraid it wouldn't be worth it, maybe it was my personal life getting in the way, maybe I wanted to play 1 first, etc.. I can't really remember why exactly I didn't give it a chance, but the point is that I didn't. Because of that, I didn't want to talk much about the game because I felt like I couldn't really say anything that was sincere or could help. I didn't play it, who I was to say to someone if the game was really good or really bad in places? Due to this & other stuff, I didn't feel like I belonged in the XBX fanbase, and even those this day, with me knowing much more than I did back then, I still don't know if my opinion is worth a damn due to only seeing videos & posts from others fans who had their own opinions based off their playtime with the game, but I didn't.

Still, this is a Xenoblade, no, I said to myself ,a Monolith Soft game! , even if I didn't play it, I can still show support in some way! After all, we may not all like the same games, but we still love a game from this franchise! And wow, there's a new Smash game coming out on a new console! Maybe we can get a remaster of 1 and/or X for peoples to give those games more of a chance ('cuz one of the thing most peoples loved to critized about the first game at first glance was how ugly the game looked)? Maybe we can get another XB rep too! Monolith as a very good relation with Nintendo and 2 sold well enough to warrant some more love. Surely, after getting Shulk in 4, we will get so much more for all fan of the franchise!...

...Yeah, we got more love, right, butonly for 1 a bit & later 2, X tho...., well to be fair, Elma got into XB2 as a DLCblade with a cool ass music from her game with it and she was featured on various celebration pics for Monolith anniversary, which some of you even remember I posted before, but still....only a few spirits in Smash? No songs? XB:DE is nice, but what about X?

I thought XB2 got little love when Ultimate released, but at least they had the excuses of Ultimate being too far in it's developpement to put much of it in in the base game, but X? I know the Wii U was a failure and said failure caused X to not get the love it deserved, but still, not even 1 song???

It didn't sit right with me, and if I, someone who didn't even play X, felt that way, I couldn't imagine what actual fans felt like at the time.

But now?? After so much times passed, with still no hint at a switch port, despite almost every Wii U games getting a port even for those that don't deserve it as much (Hi NSBMU: Deluxe)? Now, to top it all of, a Xenoblade 2 character get in out of nowhere?!?

Again, I am very, very, VERY happy Pyra & Mythra got in, and I wouldn't change their spots for anything else because I be lying at this point. They aren't my favourite characters in 2, but they are still the XB2 rep I feel Ultimate could need. After years of losing hope for it to happen, there, they are in, and god, they look beautiful. Shulk finally wasn't alone on the Xeno bench, and I could at last finally chill as any other characters they could get in would either not stop me from being happy with what I got, or just make me even happier for their fans and the like.

But....while looking these boards, seeing X fans feeling so, so dissapointed, that their game once again got ignored and now most chances of Elma getting in as a fighter were either lost or slim -depending of who you ask - I couldn't help but feel.... sad, horrible even.

Now, I know it sound like I'm making alot out of nothing. After all, it's Smash Bros, some characters get in, some don't, it's the sad truth but even if it suck for some, you got to be happy if you got what you wanted, right? So long you aren't a total **** to others, it's ok to show your love for what you care, so long it's not in the wrong place, yeah??

In some way, yes, but....part of me can't help but feel like crapat just the thoughts that, maybe, just maybe, my love for Pyra&Mythra could make a XBX fan feel like **** because I could give the impression I don't care about what others feel, when I very much do so. I generally feel this way for other characters too, but here it's different. I know this franchise, I know some of the fans in it, I know how much it mean to them and I know what must it feel to get nothing in return.

Xenoblade isn't the only franchise I wanted a character out of, but as the last years passed, I lost hope for most of my other choices, and my time in Smash Speculation as made me seen so many fanbase lost all hopes for their characters or even franchises. (Remember Ridley speculation thread pre-Smash 4? Remember Isaac speculation thread in the middle of the Grinch Leak & after it?). Some of those series I love, other more or less, but I seen it, alot, and it's never fun imo.

Really, I guess what i'm trying to say is, you guys & X deserve so much more, I know I said it before but I really, REALLY do, and more importantly, even if some of you don't like or even hate 2. Know as a fan of it, I hope my love for it doesn't make you feel worse about yourself. Peoples love to talk **** online about other peoples pick & their games for sometime very petty reasons, it's inevitable (ESPECIALLY ON TWITTER), but whatever happen next, I wish Xenoblade X get the respect it deserve in the future, and that all Xeno fans can still have fun along the way together, not diveded or at the other expense, we're all on this crazy planet/titan together, folks.

......aaaaaaaannnnnnd this post is way too FREAKIN' LONG BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WRITE MY THOUGHTS AND I SUCK ASS AT LONG POST, AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Sorry for the mass texts and if it's not well written in places, I'm really truly bad at those. Let me know if it need spoiler tag, also I didn't try to make it EVEN LONGER than the previous big post, I just really had alot to say because I care alot.
Cheers to you mate. While I'm still hopeful that Elma has a chance in the future, I appreciate that there are others out there that understand why so many of the XCX community feel slighted.

I've found too often that X is written off as a failed experiment, or a game no one likes, least of all it's developers, suggesting that it's even being 'swept under the rug'. When I started XC2 for the 1st time after XCX was my first foray into the series ( I too saw it as the sequel to that game with that one guy in Smash who is really feelin' it), I found myself unfavourably comparing 2 to X, which in turn made me a little bitter... I realised then why so many original Xenoblade fans were turned off by X, and managed to save myself from writing off XC2 and instead giving it a fair shot, it ended among my favourite games on Switch.

I'll be looking forward to Pyra and Mythra this week, but beyond that I believe theres a bright future for XCX, and if or when it comes to Switch, I think it'll get the audience it always deserved, and maybe we'll see Elma topping Smash fan polls and pasted all over youtube videos.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Cheers to you mate. While I'm still hopeful that Elma has a chance in the future, I appreciate that there are others out there that understand why so many of the XCX community feel slighted.

I've found too often that X is written off as a failed experiment, or a game no one likes, least of all it's developers, suggesting that it's even being 'swept under the rug'. When I started XC2 for the 1st time after XCX was my first foray into the series ( I too saw it as the sequel to that game with that one guy in Smash who is really feelin' it), I found myself unfavourably comparing 2 to X, which in turn made me a little bitter... I realised then why so many original Xenoblade fans were turned off by X, and managed to save myself from writing off XC2 and instead giving it a fair shot, it ended among my favourite games on Switch.

I'll be looking forward to Pyra and Mythra this week, but beyond that I believe theres a bright future for XCX, and if or when it comes to Switch, I think it'll get the audience it always deserved, and maybe we'll see Elma topping Smash fan polls and pasted all over youtube videos.
Heey, thanks for being cool & chill, mate.

Yeah, those kind of peoples always suck, each Xenoblade offer a similar, yet unique experience that make all of them worth a try at the very least. The Xenoblades series, while on a rise, is still not on the same level as other big JRPG franchise like Dragon Quest or Fire Emblem (We only got 3 full games & 2 DLC-ish campaign after all (Torna & FC for those wondering)), so peoples trying to divide it into different camp & being **** about it are only hurting the future of the series imo. (note that doesn't mean you have to like every games, but respecting others opinion while still disagreeing on some points can come a long way to make peoples feel more comfortable & wanting to talk with each other instead of calling names & whatnot)

I also still bet that XBX biggest problem was it being on the Wii U, which is why me & lots of other folks out there want this game to have another chance, just like how XB1 got another with DE.

Right now, it's hard to tell what will be the next Xenoblade, but whatever it is, I hope you all get your time in the spotlight and that we can all have fun speculating & posting ****post and whatnot (tho know having lots of peoples interested in your game might also bring plenty of complains every freakin days, as a XB2 fan, I feel sometime my sanity growing weaker & weaker at some of the stuff I see online for the billion times. What i'm saying is, be careful when the day come) 'cuz really, one of the best thing with all games are the inside jokes & memes. Some peoples are just freakin' brilliant with them and they always give a big dumb smile to my face.

With that all said, it's getting quite late here, so gotta go for now. I look forward to the Pyra & Mythra presentation & playing as them too, and hopefully, all the Xenoblades get some loves in some way, not just 2. (and KOS-MOS fans too, they deserve it)

Thanks for the post & positives feedback folks, and have a wonderful day!
thumb up rocket.png

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Heey, thanks for being cool & chill, mate.

Yeah, those kind of peoples always suck, each Xenoblade offer a similar, yet unique experience that make all of them worth a try at the very least. The Xenoblades series, while on a rise, is still not on the same level as other big JRPG franchise like Dragon Quest or Fire Emblem (We only got 3 full games & 2 DLC-ish campaign after all (Torna & FC for those wondering)), so peoples trying to divide it into different camp & being **** about it are only hurting the future of the series imo. (note that doesn't mean you have to like every games, but respecting others opinion while still disagreeing on some points can come a long way to make peoples feel more comfortable & wanting to talk with each other instead of calling names & whatnot)

I also still bet that XBX biggest problem was it being on the Wii U, which is why me & lots of other folks out there want this game to have another chance, just like how XB1 got another with DE.

Right now, it's hard to tell what will be the next Xenoblade, but whatever it is, I hope you all get your time in the spotlight and that we can all have fun speculating & posting ****post and whatnot (tho know having lots of peoples interested in your game might also bring plenty of complains every freakin days, as a XB2 fan, I feel sometime my sanity growing weaker & weaker at some of the stuff I see online for the billion times. What i'm saying is, be careful when the day come) 'cuz really, one of the best thing with all games are the inside jokes & memes. Some peoples are just freakin' brilliant with them and they always give a big dumb smile to my face.

With that all said, it's getting quite late here, so gotta go for now. I look forward to the Pyra & Mythra presentation & playing as them too, and hopefully, all the Xenoblades get some loves in some way, not just 2. (and KOS-MOS fans too, they deserve it)

Thanks for the post & positives feedback folks, and have a wonderful day!
View attachment 305442
I do like all three games (four if you count Torna as its own game), I really do. I just want X to get the recognition it deserves

either away, i await the presentation with anxious breath. hoping for the best, expecting the worst, but either way, let's keep supporting her no matter what.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Sakurai's daily pics have me wondering if he'll have a Pic of the Day for April 29th (Xenoblade X's Japanese release date), and if there'll be any new X content he can actually use in the screenshot... He's been noting a lot of games in them, even ones like Super Punch-Out which don't exactly have a lot of content in Smash. Two possible Xenoblade X mentions in one year, be still my beating heart.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
At the end of tomorrow's presentation, I can just imagine it. Sakurai looks to the camera and says "But Xenoblade Chronicles 2 isn't the only Monolith Soft game getting a character in Smash Ultimate... please, have a look." The screens fades to black...

And that familiar music starts...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At the end of tomorrow's presentation, I can just imagine it. Sakurai looks to the camera and says "But Xenoblade Chronicles 2 isn't the only Monolith Soft game getting a character in Smash Ultimate... please, have a look." The screens fades to black...

Thing is they said no other reveals that presentation soooooo

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Tbh I was thinking that you were setting up a joke about Son Goku, since Monolith Soft developed a Dragonball DS RPG. Or the main character from Disaster Day of Crisis.

Top Bottom