• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It doesn’t necessarily have to be the default as Vergeben shares some incomplete information. Vergeben supposedly only heard about one or two alts of “Erdrick” and stated that Isabelle was in but couldn’t specify Isabelle was an Echo Fighter where it was generally assumed Isabelle would be.
I was going off the fact that Elma’s regular appearance...
you know her Mim form, same form she takes in Xeno 2, is a Spirit. But her true form isn’t.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
So, what is the current instance on KOS-MOS, deconfirmed or confirmed (or something in between, lol)?

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So, what is the current instance on KOS-MOS, deconfirmed or confirmed (or something in between, lol)?
Well, the 4chan text leak - which, mind you, was pretty much the only thing that KOS-MOS really had going for her - just got pretty much deconfirmed by not only the VGA saying that there isn't a KH trailer at the VGA, but also by said trailer being in that Sony Direct earlier today. I don't think that Vergeben has any clarification on his source's confusion on KOS-MOS, though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Part of me thinks the Remind trailer was pushed earlier due to possibility of it being leaked.

if the Clock Tower remake or new game from Gone Home devs is confirmed though, then Bob’s your uncle

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
-twiddles thumbs in anticipation-

I'm just excited with this 5th one...it's quite a wild ride

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Just browsing Gfaqs and ES. Dinah ES. Dinah posted an image of a message about KOS-MOS (he/she says they got it from a friend.

I haven't been keeping up with leaks and all but if this is true and the source actively avoided talking about KOS-MOS (instead of just forgetting or PapaGenos just not having said deconfirmation) then I think it's pretty big.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Everyone Is Here! Xeno Edition.
Imagine if we also somehow get T-elos as a KOS-MOS echo and (Mecha-) Fiora as an Elma echo or semi clone

I did see a 4chan rumor that says KOS-MOS comes with a T-elos echo bundled free with her. If true we might also see Kasumi patched in as a free Joker echo for Joker owners

way I see it they only said Echoes wouldn’t be SOLD in the pass.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Imagine if we also somehow get T-elos as a KOS-MOS echo and (Mecha-) Fiora as an Elma echo or semi clone

I did see a 4chan rumor that says KOS-MOS comes with a T-elos echo bundled free with her. If true we might also see Kasumi patched in as a free Joker echo for Joker owners

way I see it they only said Echoes wouldn’t be SOLD in the pass.
Is there anyone that could be a possible Shulk Echo?

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Pyra/Mythra with form change instead of Monado arts could work for a Shulk echo. One racks up damage, while the other has higher knockback, maybe some other little twists.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
To think we might actually be living in the timeline were both KOS-MOS and Elma make it into Smash. :awesome:
This is seriously my dream outcome! I know I'm beyond late to the Elma party, but please count me among her supporters! I've been hankering to replay X as of late, but I would rather wait for a Switch port than dust off my Wii U.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap that reminds me

what if, the off chance the character insiders think is KOS-MOS based on appearance alone

... is actually Elma with her true form as the default appearance???

nah just kidding that’ll never happen...

...unless...?
It is possible. As per Amiibo Theory, a hypothetical scenario could be something like “here is what Fighter [REDACTED] Player 2 Line Amiibo looks like”
*image shown is a character with long blue hair*

however these people attending these presentations or whatever meeting they presumably attend are probably not allowed to record anything so they can give descriptions like “the next character appears to have long blue hair that goes all the way down to the waist”.

Last edited:

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
If KOS-MOS is in I believe there is a fair chance we get some xenoblade x music together with the xenosaga material. My concern is that, well, I could see Elma (or T-elos, or both) being added as a mii costume. Better than nothing, most certainly.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If KOS-MOS is in I believe there is a fair chance we get some xenoblade x music together with the xenosaga material. My concern is that, well, I could see Elma (or T-elos, or both) being added as a mii costume. Better than nothing, most certainly.
I would take an Elma costume over nothing, to be frank. Plus, as much as I love Elma herself, I love the Xenosaga series more than Xenoblade X, being real. As amazing as it would be to see X represented, it'd be insane to see Saga represented and getting an Elma costume and X music. That'd be pretty great all in all.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Elma gang rise up! The odds maybe against us right now but lets not lose hope for she hopefully gets revealed tonight! If not post-Pass is still likely.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Even if Elma doesn't get into Smash, I fully anticipate a new Xenoblade reveal in January 2021. That is only 13 months away! Whether Elma gets a second lease or not, we'll find out relatively soon.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I know I've said it before.. but as much as I love Elma, if they gave me the option to get KOS-MOS or Rex/Aegis instead.. I'd accept so long as they actually got XCX's music in there. XCX's music is the biggest thing missing from XCX in Smash. Elma is second obviously. But as hard as it is to admit the possibility.. I'd let Elma go if they just gave me the music in Smash...

The tough part for me is that I want too much xeno representation so I know I'm gonna have to probably be content letting something go.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So, kind of off topic, but since I'm not gonna be awake for much longer, and really don't wanna get spoiled for whatever character reveal may come out of the VGA, I'm just gonna ask around here: Can anyone PM a direct link to any character reveal trailer that we may get, without any kind of comment to it? I just want to go into this as blindly as possible.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
So, kind of off topic, but since I'm not gonna be awake for much longer, and really don't wanna get spoiled for whatever character reveal may come out of the VGA, I'm just gonna ask around here: Can anyone PM a direct link to any character reveal trailer that we may get, without any kind of comment to it? I just want to go into this as blindly as possible.
I'll do it but do videos auto-embed and if they do how do I stop it?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If Fiora was an echo for Elma, how would Elma have to be designed or changed in order to make sure any moves of hers wouldn’t be too out-there on Fiora, if any?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Videos don't auto-embed, so you could just include a link, though the title of the video (and likely the recommended videos on the sidebar) would likely be a dead giveaway regardless.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well then - I'm about to go to sleep for tonight. I have honestly no idea what to expect out of the VGA. My gut feeling tells me that there's no character reveal there, but I wouldn't necessarily trust my gut on these things. Who knows what will happen.
At any rate, I just want to reiterate that I'm currently cautiously hopeful for Elma. There have been plenty of third-party deconfirmations by Vergeben and Sabi, and to be honest, I'm willing to believe them on this. And with Vergeben in particular we know that he has asked specifically about first-party characters, and even the possibility of spirits/ATs being upgraded, and heard no deconfirmation on that. Add that to that one person that has to do with Monolith saying rather randomly that she'd stop retweeting stuff, and our entire other pile of possible hints. . . for the first time since last year, I do have some genuine hope. I still don't want to trust that hope, but it's there.

What Megadoomer said. All I really want is a link to any video, without it being embedded, and no comment.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I've got a job interview during the middle of the show. Last time I had a job interview, we got Half Life Alyx announced. Hopefully we get something else big and X-related today...

If Fiora was an echo for Elma, how would Elma have to be designed or changed in order to make sure any moves of hers wouldn’t be too out-there on Fiora, if any?
They both use dual swords so that much is fine. But Fiora uses dual drones and Elma uses dual guns, which COULD be tweaked to be functionally identical but would require a lot of aesthetic changes. Every move that has Elma firing off rounds would require an animation of Fiora posing as her drones do the work.

I think it could work but it'd be a bit more effort than most Echoes.

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Welp. TGA ended and I really wondered why I even watched at all.

Like, that was kinda boring, right? Even outside of Smash? It felt like there wasn’t really anything interesting besides a small few things, sadly. Back to speculation purgatory we go. Can only hold out hope for a Smash direct next week, and I honestly doubt it.

Abade

Smash Apprentice
Welp. TGA ended and I really wondered why I even watched at all.

Like, that was kinda boring, right? Even outside of Smash? It felt like there wasn’t really anything interesting besides a small few things, sadly. Back to speculation purgatory we go. Can only hold out hope for a Smash direct next week, and I honestly doubt it.
The Game Awards show was all right. Some things like Sucker Punch’s new Ghost game, God Fall, New World, No More Heroes 3, and Bravely Default II seemed neat.

Time to wait till January 23 for a potential Elma reveal, maybe.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Feels like they might hold back the reveal to be close to the release date so they can spring right into promoting the next wave of DLC. Something like revealing the character straight up a week before they come out in January around the time the next amiibo release.

Back to... aimless speculation, I guess.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Hokay, since the general newcomer discussion thread is still locked. . . VGA was kind of a bust, huh? Guess my gut was to be trusted, after all. So has anything else changed with regards to the kill lists provided by Vergeben and Sabi, or why does everyone seem to be big ol' salt mine with regards to leakers?

At any rate, I have to admit: I just feel a bit more hopeful for Elma's chances now. Nice as it would've been, an event like the Game Awards never really felt right for our colonel.

Last edited:

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
One thing that came of the VGA's aside from a few game announcements I'm interested in... Leaks seem like alot of nonsense again. Most of the stuff at the show Was either publicly known about or a complete surprise to me. It was nice.

Edit: And as I've said before, I feel like the VGAs would have been a big reveal. holding off for a direct suggests it's a character that Nintendo want to explain rather than something huge like DQ or Banjo. I'm imagining a reveal in a Direct followed immedietly by a Sakurai presentation.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hokay, since the general newcomer discussion thread is still locked. . . VGA was kind of a bust, huh? Guess my gut was to be trusted, after all. So has anything else changed with regards to the kill lists provided by Vergeben and Sabi, or why does everyone seem to be big ol' salt mine with regards to leakers?

At any rate, I have to admit: I just feel a bit more hopeful for Elma's chances now. Nice as it would've been, an event like the Game Awards never really felt right for our colonel.
Has anybody seen this? It was posted 3 days ago, apparently. Doesn't relate to us, but it gives us something.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78241015?jumpto=14#14

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmm... on the off chance FP5 is NOT KOS-MOS, I’m starting to think Elma might be the other possibility

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

I agree honestly. And it's part of the reason I was skeptical we'd get any news there. Because part of me felt like it wouldnt be a good venue for any Smash announcement I'd care about. I wasnt ruling it out obviously, but the thought was that if they announced there it wasnt going to be for me. Because, honestly, TGA isnt really for me or the things I like historically, lol... unless they're just so popular they cant be denied.. like botw. My expectation was if Nintendo was going to have any other big reveal, it was going to be additional botw news.

I think this just means next direct is gonna be great. I'm totally okay that Nintendo decided to keep that announcement to themselves. Means it can be anything and possibly more likely to be 1st party whereas TGA would've been a fine venue for a big platform crossover announcement. Most of the stuff that tops my list is 1st or 2nd party stuff anyways... (top 5 is possibly all xeno characters, frankly)

Top Bottom