• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
X is a different game from 2, after all. The Rex thread (and Team Lora thread) pretty much died after Pythra

I just want X to get more attention after Elma’s cameo in 2
I fully admit that I consider XC2 the worst game in the series. I much, much prefer the very expansive, open approach of X and the original game, and I hope that they return to that format for the franchise moving forward.

My brother and I have discussed how X could reasonably take some cues from Phantasy Star Online 2 in the future, namely by expanding the online elements. X is already split up into sections on the map, and the way PSO2 approaches online is by pairing you with other players based on what area you're in. Then, when you transition into a new area, you meet new people, and so on. It seems like there was a desire to do more with the online elements of the original, and I really think X is a perfect candidate for a Nintendo console MMO.

Maybe that's not something that can be done for a port of the Wii U title, but if they ever follow up on the game, I could see that being an element they try to include.

I also hope that a potential port of the original has some quality of life improvements, like allowing you to access the quest board on a phone or an option to ask Elma what you should do next if you get lost. The only gripe I have about X is that it sometimes doesn't hold the player's hand enough, ironically. I feel like a simple system where you can inquire about what to do next would go a long way. It would also make it easier to find all the characters, who can be easily missed.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know individuals don’t come with stages or spirit boards but I do HOPE they’ll come with music this time around. PP didn’t
Honestly, I would be just fine and dandy with fighters alone especially if it's characters I really want. I mean, there's a number of characters who have never gotten a stage like literally all the villains in the roster excluding Sephiroth.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
X is a different game from 2, after all. The Rex thread (and Team Lora thread) pretty much died after Pythra

I just want X to get more attention after Elma’s cameo in 2
Rex thread only died because we're (mostly) satisfied with what we got.

What more do you expect us to discuss?

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Not gonna lie, this leaker left me a bit concerned.

The new IP is great, and I am OK with getting it before a X definitive edition. But a new xenoblade before that?

This leaker does not mention a X definitive edition, and did not reply the people who made a post asking. I doubt it would be X2, without a X port first, which leaves us with a Xenoblade 3 or any other name. This, is annoying, to say the least. Why end X the way they did and why some time ago they said they said in a interview they wanted to continue X too, so where is it? Where is anything for X?

Sometimes it feels like they are asking to lose all X fans...

Does this leaker has a good record? I really hope he is at least missing some information. .

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Why end X the way they did and why some time ago they said they said in a interview they wanted to continue X too, so where is it?
Keep in mind that what Monolith wants is meaningless if Nintendo doesn't want it also. They talk about wishing to create new IP all the time (including in the very same interview where Koh Kojima said he'd like to see XC3 and XCX2), and they've also made it clear that they're not the ones to blame when none of it ever happens. Would an X re-release/sequel necessarily be any different? I know some like to believe that Monolith wouldn't keep reminding people that X exists if they didn't have immediate plans for it, but for a developer that keeps going out of its way to directly reference Xenosaga despite needing to ask for permission every time they do so, I don't think that's the correct way to view things.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, this leaker left me a bit concerned.

The new IP is great, and I am OK with getting it before a X definitive edition. But a new xenoblade before that?

This leaker does not mention a X definitive edition, and did not reply the people who made a post asking. I doubt it would be X2, without a X port first, which leaves us with a Xenoblade 3 or any other name. This, is annoying, to say the least. Why end X the way they did and why some time ago they said they said in a interview they wanted to continue X too, so where is it? Where is anything for X?

Sometimes it feels like they are asking to lose all X fans...

Does this leaker has a good record? I really hope he is at least missing some information. .
They seem to have a decent track record, but I don't think enough to definitely prove or disprove their credibility. And mind you, they said that they don't know for certain if the music recording was for any of Monolith Soft's projected. And even if it is, it could also be for that new IP. They definitely don't seem to know the exact nature of the next Xenoblade game, though. Admittedly, there's a lot of "if" and "maybe" to that line of thinking, but since we are talking about some rather vague leak information to begin with. . .

Last edited:

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman

Have you seen this?
Luxin said this about the recording.

But then he also said that we weren't going to get a Xenoblade Chronicles remaster for Switch after Torna - The Golden Country.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbf maybe Mitsuda’s recording maybe isn’t Xenoblade related

a “main” Xenoblade (1, 2 & Torna) would have CHiCO and/or ACe along with Mitsuda, and X, or any “X-verse” games would only have Sawano, no Mitsuda

I’m betting this is either related to that Baten Kaitos trademark, or Square Enix’s Chrono IP making a comeback somehow

OR, that new fantasy Monolith IP

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Tbf maybe Mitsuda’s recording maybe isn’t Xenoblade related

a “main” Xenoblade (1, 2 & Torna) would have CHiCO and/or ACe along with Mitsuda, and X, or any “X-verse” games would only have Sawano, no Mitsuda

I’m betting this is either related to that Baten Kaitos trademark, or Square Enix’s Chrono IP making a comeback somehow

OR, that new fantasy Monolith IP
I can’t think of anything that would hype me up more than a Chrono series revival. Even better if it’s somehow a collaboration between Square-Enix and Monolith.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I've heard about it myself. It should be noted that there were some new trademarks registered for Baten Kaitos here in Europe (since it apparently never released here before), so it might be for that. But if it's really for a new Xenoblade game. . . gotta say, Monolith Soft making (presumably) a Xenoblade 3 before following up on X, let alone actually porting it to Switch isn't gonna make a good first impression of 3 for me.
That's not fair on Xenoblade Chronicles 3, judge the game by its own merits instead of believing that it's replacing the X sub-series which is clearly isn't.

What if Xenoblade Warriors?

it would ALSO double as Hiroyuki Sawano’s secret project. Just sayin
I find this extremely likely, Koei Tecmo have already dabbled with The Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem so this seems like the next best Nintendo franchise.

Eh, I know that the developers of the Warriors games said that they're interested in doing a Xenoblade Warriors, but I kinda doubt that the series is already at a point already where Nintendo would be willing to invest in a spin-off. After all, Fire Emblem Warriors only happened after Awakening and Fates solidified that series' boom, and we have yet to even see a spin-off for Splatoon, which is bigger than both Xenoblade and FE.
I'd argue we have more than enough Xenoblade characters to give us a memorable warriors game.

Xenoblade Chronicles: Shulk, Reyn, Fiora, Dunban, Sharla, Melia, Riki.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: Rex and Pyra/Mythra, Nia and Dromarch, Tora and Poppi, Morag and Brigid and Zeke and Pandoria.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Elma, Lin and Tatsu, Doug, L, Cecilia and Rock, Ga Jiarg, Ga Buidhe.

Xenoblade Antagonists: Xord, Metal Face, Jade Face, Dagahn, Goetia, Ryyz, Akhos, Patroka, Mikhail.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's not fair on Xenoblade Chronicles 3, judge the game by its own merits instead of believing that it's replacing the X sub-series which is clearly isn't.

I find this extremely likely, Koei Tecmo have already dabbled with The Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem so this seems like the next best Nintendo franchise.

I'd argue we have more than enough Xenoblade characters to give us a memorable warriors game.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: Rex and Pyra/Mythra, Nia and Dromarch, Tora and Poppi, Morag and Brigid and Zeke and Pandoria.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Elma, Lin and Tatsu, Doug, L, Cecilia and Rock, Ga Jiarg, Ga Buidhe.

Xenoblade Antagonists: Xord, Metal Face, Jade Face, Dagahn, Goetia, Ryyz, Akhos, Patroka, Mikhail.
Uh. You mixed up 2 and X lmao

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman

Don't forget it's not just the heroes but villains that are playable in the Warriors spinoffs too. I definitely think Xenoblade has enough, especially when you consider a lot of the Hyrule Warriors characters were in super minor roles or never even fought in the source games.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
That is not my point. My point is that a Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - which mind you, at this point we don't even know if it's the next game - being unveiled would inevitably be a bit of a disappointment to me. How exactly I'll judge the game if does end up being revealed next will depend entirely on what it looks like upon unveiling.

. . .That's not even close to the point I was making there. I was talking about how Xenoblade games as of right now just generally aren't big enough successes commercially for a Xenoblade Warriors to be something that I could see Nintendo wanting to invest in. How did you even get this from what I was saying?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Was wondering if anyone would post that here. For what it's worth it doesn't even get replies anymore, it's just one guy obsessed with posting it over and over.

While we're on the topic, a Xenoblade Warriors would just end up as being 1DE and 2 **** considering they're the newest releases and the most successful, the same way that Fire Emblem Warriors was all 3DS stuff (and swordfighters). Maybe they'd cram in Elma the way they shoved in Lyn to try broaden the appeal, that won't stop it from being a fundamentally **** game.

Oops all bitterness from me today. Hopefully there's some new X art I can post in the next day or 2.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
While we're on the topic, a Xenoblade Warriors would just end up as being 1DE and 2 ** considering they're the newest releases and the most successful, the same way that Fire Emblem Warriors was all 3DS stuff (and swordfighters). Maybe they'd cram in Elma the way they shoved in Lyn to try broaden the appeal, that won't stop it from being a fundamentally ** game.
Sucks that you're probably right but the first Hyrule Warriors was a celebration of all things Zelda and had many characters from new and old games. The new one is all BotW, but you know it all depends on how they would want to approach a Xeno Warriors game

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Zelda's a way bigger deal than FE or Xenoblade, so I don't expect your standard Warriors game to be anything like Hyrule Warriors.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Leaving the lack of X on that leak behind, it would be really cool if on this E3 both the new IP and X definitive edition was announced. I mean, if the new IP is indeed in a medieval setting, they would be showing a medieval and a sci-fi game, a new and old game. A fair lot of variety! (the next new xenoblade would be left for another opportunity maybe just next year)

And for a X definitive edition trailer, I would love them to use MONOX as the theme. It was also the theme of the very first trailer of the game, but this time around they should use the full track.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
. . .That's not even close to the point I was making there. I was talking about how Xenoblade games as of right now just generally aren't big enough successes commercially for a Xenoblade Warriors to be something that I could see Nintendo wanting to invest in. How did you even get this from what I was saying?
It's not my fault that your original comment was so mercurial. Xenoblade games are commercial enough successes to warrant a Warriors game especially when you consider the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was developed with an understaffed team and Definitive Edition outsold the original game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Leaving the lack of X on that leak behind, it would be really cool if on this E3 both the new IP and X definitive edition was announced. I mean, if the new IP is indeed in a medieval setting, they would be showing a medieval and a sci-fi game, a new and old game. A fair lot of variety! (the next new xenoblade would be left for another opportunity maybe just next year)

And for a X definitive edition trailer, I would love them to use MONOX as the theme. It was also the theme of the very first trailer of the game, but this time around they should use the full track.
Doesn’t Monolith take at least 48 months (sometimes 72) to develop a game? If they were working on Xenoblade 3 it definitely wouldn’t be ready yet

remember also when they initially said porting X would be expensive? I want to hope they were already starting work on it then, and were almost done after XCDE came out

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
Zelda's a way bigger deal than FE or Xenoblade, so I don't expect your standard Warriors game to be anything like Hyrule Warriors.
If anything I think Xenoblade being so much smaller a series than Zelda or FE is exactly why it wouldn't exclude any of the Xenoblade games. There's literally only three games to pull from, and the idea that it'd arbitrarily exclude one of those games from your fanservice spinoff because it's not the current hip thing to promote is pretty silly.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
If anything I think Xenoblade being so much smaller a series than Zelda or FE is exactly why it wouldn't exclude any of the Xenoblade games. There's literally only three games to pull from, and the idea that it'd arbitrarily exclude one of those games from your fanservice spinoff because it's not the current hip thing to promote is pretty silly.
And to be fair to Xenoblade, it's a series that's only a decade old. For such a young RPG series, it's performing exceptionally well.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Whether you believe Thugstas or not

that NSO update happened alright

maybe he is telling the truth maybe we are getting X DE soon

THEN WHYD HE GET BANNED AND MAKE ME THINK HE WASNT CREDIBLE??

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Remind me who that is and what all they predicted? Like, what exactly did they claim about an NSO update?

Top Bottom