• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbh I was thinking that you were setting up a joke about Son Goku, since Monolith Soft developed a Dragonball DS RPG. Or the main character from Disaster Day of Crisis.
This is Baten Kaitos erasure.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wonder, have Mii Costumes ever been leaked before a presentation? Kinda want someone to do that and get it over with so I wouldn’t keep worrying lmao

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Adding to that post of mine asking for a Lora mii costume to soften the blow if Elma is turned into a mii costume, they could also try to get some mii costume of other xeno chars like, Fei, Shion and Lora for the brawler, Kos-mos, T-elos (and Elma) for the shooter and We already have the Rex one for Sword. Well, something like that. Would be "cool".

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know

someone brought up a valid point

if Elma makes it in FP3 or a pass model DLC she’d likely have the monado as her insignia like Pythra for the spirit board

wouldn’t that be... redundant? Only solutions I can think of are either:
  • She’s individual DLC. she wouldn’t come with a stage or music, which is for the best if Pythra comes with X music but Elma isn’t Mii’d or on their spirit board
  • Or: she uses the X from Xenoblade X as her logo, to represent the “other side” of Xenoblade

It does have me thinking tho

I forgot to mention it was explicitly for the spirit board

Last edited:

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
If Elma is a mii costume tomorrow it's gonna really bother me that they put Nia in at launch over her, and made us wait 2 years... Honestly I don't want to be bitter at all tomorrow cause I know I'm gonna have a blast with Pyra/Mythra, but the thought of that bugs me more than anything. A Nia costume would probably sell more too anyway, it's weird.

Also I noticed that the XC2 music in Smash currently is copyrighted to Septima Ley Co.,Ltd, which seems to be Yasunori Mitsuda's own label, nevertheless it makes the whole Nintendo don't own the XCX music argument feel even more silly. Hopefully tomorrow will bring either hope, answers or closure.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Elma is a mii costume tomorrow it's gonna really bother me that they put Nia in at launch over her, and made us wait 2 years... Honestly I don't want to be bitter at all tomorrow cause I know I'm gonna have a blast with Pyra/Mythra, but the thought of that bugs me more than anything. A Nia costume would probably sell more too anyway, it's weird.

Also I noticed that the XC2 music in Smash currently is copyrighted to Septima Ley Co.,Ltd, which seems to be Yasunori Mitsuda's own label, nevertheless it makes the whole Nintendo don't own the XCX music argument feel even more silly. Hopefully tomorrow will bring either hope, answers or closure.
what company if any is Sawano's music copyrighted to? is it Sony or someone else?

also, hope im not bugging but what do you think of this point:
You know

someone brought up a valid point

if Elma makes it in FP3 or a pass model DLC she’d likely have the monado as her insignia like Pythra for the spirit board

wouldn’t that be... redundant? Only solutions I can think of are either:
  • She’s individual DLC. she wouldn’t come with a stage or music, which is for the best if Pythra comes with X music but Elma isn’t Mii’d or on their spirit board
  • Or: she uses the X from Xenoblade X as her logo, to represent the “other side” of Xenoblade

It does have me thinking tho

I forgot to mention it was explicitly for the spirit board

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
what company if any is Sawano's music copyrighted to? is it Sony or someone else?

also, hope im not bugging but what do you think of this point:
The only reference I've ever found regarding XCX's copyright is the album cover stating it belongs to Nintendo/MONOLITHSOFT with the album packaging belonging to Sony. but music copyrights is messy as all hell.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
People who know X's music/legal situation better than I do, what's the chances we get any X music tomorrow? I'd kill for Uncontrollable to get in but that's probably a pipe dream, what about regular game music like the Noctilum theme for example?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
People who know X's music/legal situation better than I do, what's the chances we get any X music tomorrow? I'd kill for Uncontrollable to get in but that's probably a pipe dream, what about regular game music like the Noctilum theme for example?
If we got the Sylvalum night theme with or without a playable Elma I’ll never ask for anything again

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
X music was in Xenoblade 2 just fine. I assume it's simply a matter of working out rights with distributors in each region as any song inclusion is. I can't imagine that Sony owning an OST would mean they'd steep so low as to inconvenience the artist and the company the music belongs to. That's just unprofessional and petty.

At this point I just want X content in Smash. Primordia or Noctilum to play on Gaur Plains, some battle songs, maybe MONO.X or THEME.X to go with them. If nothing else, I'd like to think there was a noticeable enough blip of disappointment about no Elma in Smash 4 DLC and no X content at launch that they made some arrangements to try make up for it in this DLC pack. Maybe one of Sawano's past recording sessions was for a Smash reprise of his own track.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Personally, I'm not counting on any X tracks to appear. The trailer specifically said "Super Smash Bros. x Xenoblade Chronicles 2", so I'd be surprised if they suddenly included music from other games in the series. And even if they did, I'm thinking it's more likely that they'll bring in Future Connected/Definitive Edition tracks first.
Speaking of predictions, here's one: A Melia Mii costume for Mii swordfighter. Given her popularity, it's honestly sort of surprising that she doesn't have one yet, while Dunban and Nia do.

Polan

Smash Lord
Personally, I'm not counting on any X tracks to appear. The trailer specifically said "Super Smash Bros. x Xenoblade Chronicles 2", so I'd be surprised if they suddenly included music from other games in the series. And even if they did, I'm thinking it's more likely that they'll bring in Future Connected/Definitive Edition tracks first.
dunno, terry's trailer was Super Smash Bros X Fatal Fury yet he came with samurai shodown and metal slug music

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
dunno, terry's trailer was Super Smash Bros X Fatal Fury yet he came with samurai shodown and metal slug music
That’s cause it’s SNK as a whole who’s also super easy to work with

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Today is the day guys that will determine our favorite gals fate whether she becomes a Mii or not.

See y'all at 9.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Speaking of predictions, here's one: A Melia Mii costume for Mii swordfighter. Given her popularity, it's honestly sort of surprising that she doesn't have one yet, while Dunban and Nia do.
I’m hoping more for a Mecha-Fiora Swordfighter. She appears in Shulk’s Final Smash alongside Dunban and Riki, crossed over with Smash characters in other games (even if one was of her Hom self) and I... voted for her on the ballot. I kinda want compensation for her not being playable lol

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I’m hoping more for a Mecha-Fiora Swordfighter. She appears in Shulk’s Final Smash alongside Dunban and Riki, crossed over with Smash characters in other games (even if one was of her Hom self) and I... voted for her on the ballot. I kinda want compensation for her not being playable lol
Honestly, I'm still holding out hope they pull a Simon/Richter and design Elma/Fiora straight down the middle of the 2 of them, Just have Fiora's drones fly into place when she needs to use guns.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, Elma's probably going to get costumed in less than a hour. If so, I hope they start things off with the Mii costume wave and immediately rip the bandage off. But if not and also no X music and Fighter's Pass 3 is announced than Elma time baby!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, I'm still holding out hope they pull a Simon/Richter and design Elma/Fiora straight down the middle of the 2 of them, Just have Fiora's drones fly into place when she needs to use guns.
That’s the dream...

I remember back in the day there was a base game rumor that was obviously fake that said “Elma” and then “Fiora (Elma Echo; also appears in Shulk’s Final Smash)”

but then it also piggybacked off that damn Gardevoir with a Gothitelle Echo rumor and I was NOOOOOO lmao

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well. I saw it coming.

Have a tweet to mark the occasion.

Interesting to note though that the Lloyd Mii costume still isn't back. . .?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Honestly, I'd say that at this point, our fate is tied to either a potential X port, or Monolith Soft's being a sequel or do-over of X. Nintendo seem to be just outright scared of the idea of actually acknowledging anything that's still stuck on Wii U.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
They could still announce more later, like how more fighters were confirmed with Terry, the penultimate of pass 1

with the sales pass 2’s been raking in too... let’s just see

It’s not over. I’m turning this around!

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I feel like a big advantage in our favour is that Elma and Mira are a known quantity, If an X port was to surface, the Smash team wouldn't need to wait for it to release to begin planning the character. So if Nintendo wanted to market XCX Switch, they could do so in really good time. I suspect they actually delayed pyra/mythra from season 1 in favour of Byleth since at least they could release in Three Houses honey moon period, a period that had already passed for both ARMS and XC2.

Plus Sakurai is super buddy with Monolith Soft still, they co developed Brawl FFS. I doubt he has an axe to grind with XCX.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
As a friend of mine said recently, "Xenoblade X is always forgotten, that's true on any planet."

Well, time for me to go listen to So nah, So Fern on loop again. And go play sword waifus.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Huh…well that was unexpected. This presentation definitely had a few surprises.

Pyra and Mythra are pretty much clones of each other. Yeah, I saw that coming. Papagenos had that neat idea of a “4-in-1” Monster Hunter character that has 4 different movesets but that would have been overkill for a single dlc-character (maybe base game but even that is a BIG maybe).

Not only was Lloyd completely missing but Monster Hunter instead seems to be pretty much out of the running. And with the Arthur-costume (which looks clean ngl) it looks like that we won’t get another Capcom-rep. I’m curious to see what the future will bring here.

Lora is a spirit. YES! However only 6 spirits and we STILL miss some of the core party members? Huh, that’s kinda odd. However, this pretty much shows that spirits in (at least base) game doesn’t mean much for dlc.

Love the stage. It looks amazing. Also, they censored Brighid slightly.

And now for the big one: The absence of any Xenoblade X-content. On one hand I’m not surprised. It is “Smash Bros. Ultimate X Xenoblade 2” after all but I think we can all agree on that at least a little bit of X-music would have been nice. Now, does this mean anything? Not necessarily but I have this little “idea” inside my head which brings me back to Dragon Ball FighterZ of all things:

For the trailer of FighterZ’s Pass 3 they revealed Ultra Instinct Goku as the first character. However, he was actually the second character of the pass as the revealed Kefla immediately after him as the true first character of the fighter pass 3. My idea is now to do something somewhat similar:

The event is e3 and we finally get the announcement of Xenoblade X on switch. This immediately leads to Elma being revealed as a fighter for smash. We then see the screen of fighter pass 2 with all characters but instead of CP10 opening on the screen we get CP11 which is Elma as the final character. This is immediately followed up with the reveal of the actual CP10 which is a “bigger” character (say Crash or Master Chief).

Its just a little idea and will very likely not happen but I thought it would be kind of neat. Anyway, I have this very strange feeling now, that maybe (just maybe) we are in for a surprise. Yes, as of now we never had 2 characters of the same franchise in a pass but what is stopping them from doing it? Besides if a potential port of Xenoblade X for Switch is so expensive, then they want to make sure that as many people as possible learn about the port (and let’s face it: smash is a good advertisement).

Anyway, that’s just me. I’m now looking forward to try out Pyra and Mythra tomorrow (and only one day away from my birthday. It was so close).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know with the so called super switch rumors

what if they’re making Ult DX for the super switch with vanilla ult’s dlc on cart and any future dlc will be on super switch?

idk I’m kinda spitballing here

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
You know with the so called super switch rumors

what if they’re making Ult DX for the super switch with vanilla ult’s dlc on cart and any future dlc will be on super switch?

idk I’m kinda spitballing here
God, super switch sounds so much better (and cooler) than “switch pro”. For real I’m SO tired of this name.

Top Bottom