• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
So there’s been some speculation that there will be a dual reveal this E3; whomever Brave is (who may or may not be Erdrick) and Fighter 3.

Really hope Fighter 3 is Elma...
Personally I hope Fighter 4 or Fighter 5 is Elma so she can be announced/released in December. After all...

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
A part of me really wishes that they would just announce all DLC-Characters. Some of the fanbases are getting...unpleasant to say the least.

btw I was looking at some Mii-Creations yesterday and i was pleasantly surprised how many Elma-Miis i saw. Some of them looked pretty good too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A part of me really wishes that they would just announce all DLC-Characters. Some of the fanbases are getting...unpleasant to say the least.

btw I was looking at some Mii-Creations yesterday and i was pleasantly surprised how many Elma-Miis i saw. Some of them looked pretty good too.
Honestly, same. just give silhouette teasers so we wouldn't have to be tortured by this wait anymore

and just PLEASE reveal who Brave is already

Laniv

Smash Lord
Hey I never actually finished xenoblade x but I still support Elma

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I never understood the point of these polls, is nintendo really gonna look into these and actually give them the characters they want? Not likely, and many of these choices are just funny in my opinion.
True enough. I doubt that Joker Frompersonafive topped many popularity polls before he was announced.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
True enough. I doubt that Joker Frompersonafive topped many popularity polls before he was announced.
I remember a poll on reddit a few weeks before smash came out that had Joker at 49th (out of 50). This list is easily made with the hopes that anyone can get it. Like the heavy from tf2 (please someone make a kit for him, how would he work?) The funny thing is that the top ten characters normally stay the same on almost all rankings.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
I never understood the point of these polls, is nintendo really gonna look into these and actually give them the characters they want? Not likely, and many of these choices are just funny in my opinion.
They would only look at whatever is "realizable" to them if characters like Bayonetta is anything to go by.

I remember a poll on reddit a few weeks before smash came out that had Joker at 49th (out of 50). This list is easily made with the hopes that anyone can get it. Like the heavy from tf2 (please someone make a kit for him, how would he work?) The funny thing is that the top ten characters normally stay the same on almost all rankings.
It's not. They omitted some characters from it in follow-ups.

"It should also be noted that we chose to omit the following Fighters: -Those who did not originate in a Video Game -Those who are already present as Assist Trophy fighters -Fighters who did not receive at least 25 votes. In total, these Fighters made up roughly 35% of the votes" 34% were Shrek votes and the 20% were Spongebob votes
"Here are a few tidbits about the data: -The total number of votes received in this ballot is 22,619. -Of the total amount of votes, there were only 85 characters whose votes received over 25 votes. -These 85 characters make up 14,719 out of the 22,619 votes. "

Yeah, this is the results of the Reddit Poll:

But now we know who was picked from that poll so whatever placement you positioned doesn't necessarily matter to your potential inclusion into Super Smash Bros:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
E3 in a month!

Rational/pessimist brain: XCX won't be there at all
Delusional/optimist brain: what if Nintendo's E3 layout this year is inspired by X or a new game and they have alien architecture and landscape designs holy poop

There'll probably be something from Monolith Soft at least, but personally I'm not really interested in any of their other output.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
There'll probably be something from Monolith Soft at least, but personally I'm not really interested in any of their other output.
Personally, as long as they don't hire Saito or any other artist that seemingly draws with their boner, I'd say anything from Monolith Soft has a very good chance to be at least promising.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Pie-in-the-sky brain: X port, Xenosaga HD collection, Elma and KOS-MOS confirmed

:(

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
So, with a Mario Maker 2 Direct tomorrow, I’d guess that there’s a good chance of seeing Elma in Smash as well as Animal Crossing. Any other Elma-related predictions for the Mario Maker direct that you guys have?

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
If they’re brining back Costume Mario in some form, for Elma to be one of them. Her default appearance for sure, but I’ll flip if they include True Elma as well.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The decision to dedicate 5 minutes of a Mario Maker 2 direct to Xenoblade X getting a port was definitely weird but I approve of it wholeheartedly.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Last second prediction for reals though:
they'll have a Rex (maybe more) costume for SMB1 but not an Elma one. That's about the level of disappointment I'm prepared for.

Edit: OK, well nothing much was confirmed relevant to Smash. But it has got me thinking; a lot of major first party games had things foreshadowed in Smash (like Luigi's new grab attack from Luigi's Mansion 3), and Mario Maker had both the Builder Mario palette for Mario and the Mii Fighter costume added; now it's had a sequel announced. The lack of more XCX content makes me think they don't have more planned for it in future; otherwise they would plan to put something in Smash as a sneak peek. Maybe it's too far off to think about, but it has me a bit bummed.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
OK, well nothing much was confirmed relevant to Smash. But it has got me thinking; a lot of major first party games had things foreshadowed in Smash (like Luigi's new grab attack from Luigi's Mansion 3), and Mario Maker had both the Builder Mario palette for Mario and the Mii Fighter costume added; now it's had a sequel announced. The lack of more XCX content makes me think they don't have more planned for it in future; otherwise they would plan to put something in Smash as a sneak peek. Maybe it's too far off to think about, but it has me a bit bummed.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. That kind of reading is just too needlessly pessimistic. And keep in mind, there was plenty of hints and foreshadowing in the 2 DLC.

Sigman

Smash Cadet
We got our Xenoblade X news in the direct after all.

View attachment 220837
That is unmistakably Irina Akulov playing Super Mario Maker 2 in her free time when she should be doing BLADE work making a cameo in the Super Mario Maker 2 direct as Irina is a Russian or at least her name is Russian and that is the Russian flag next to her name.
https://www.united-states-flag.com/world.html

https://viianki.tumblr.com/post/112231839249/the-main-and-hopefully-playable-cast-of

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That is unmistakably Irina Akulov playing Super Mario Maker 2 in her free time when she should be doing BLADE work making a cameo in the Super Mario Maker 2 direct as Irina is a Russian or at least her name is Russian and that is the Russian flag next to her name.
https://www.united-states-flag.com/world.html

https://viianki.tumblr.com/post/112231839249/the-main-and-hopefully-playable-cast-of
The Mii’s hairdo looks similar enough too

Also, her last name is Russian. Akulov

Abade

Smash Apprentice
Here is another Top 50 Wanted Fighters Poll for Super Smash Bros
Top 50 Wanted Super Smash Bros. DLC Fighters Poll by Source Gaming

Note: If there is 2 numbers/2 names on same line, that means it was a tie.
50. Reimu
49-48: Chorus Kids and Ashley
47: Quote
46: Hollow Knight
45-44: Chibi Robo and Arle Nadja
43: Heavy (Team Fortress 2)
42-41: Monster Hunter and Lloyd Irving
40: Crono
39-38: Skull Kid and Professor Layton
37-36: Spyro and Goku
35: Karate Joe
34: Erdrick
33: Ryu Hayubusa
32: Elma
31: Neku
30: Leon Kennedy
29-28: Monokuma and Klonoa
27: Dixie Kong
26: Lara Croft
25-24: Travis Touchdown and Tails
23: Cuphead
22: Scorpion
21: Amaterasu
20: Paper Mario
19: Shadow the Hedgehog
18: 2B
17: Porky Minch
16: Isaac (Golden Sun)
15-14: Sans Undertale and Dante
13: Phoenix Wright
12: Doom Guy
11: Waluigi
10: Master Chief
9: Rex and Pyra
8. Rayman
7. Crash Bandicoot
6. Steve? (From Minecraft)
5. Geno
4. Shantae
3. Sora
2. Bandanna Waddle Dee
1. Banjo and Kazooie

Not much different from other polls but remains consistent. Maybe if the same group of people stop voting and find another group to vote then the results could be significantly different.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

50. Reimu
8. Rayman
7. Crash Bandicoot
5. Geno
4. Shantae
3. Sora
2. Bandanna Waddle Dee
1. Banjo and Kazooie

Not much different from other polls but remains consistent. Maybe if the same group of people stop voting and find another group to vote then the results could be significantly different.
I'm honestly surprised Monokuma did as well as he did. I guess it's more than just me and the Monokuma Support Thread who want him. :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

50. Reimu
8. Rayman
7. Crash Bandicoot
5. Geno
4. Shantae
3. Sora
2. Bandanna Waddle Dee
1. Banjo and Kazooie

Oh hey, Neku's there. Nice c:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So, here's a random thought I had to breathe a bit more life into the thread: Since we know for certain that every Fighter's Pass character is going to come with new Spirits (~10, judging by Joker), who do you think should still be in for X or the Xenoblade series in general? Personally, I think we could do with:
  • Doug
  • Gwin
  • Irina
  • L
  • Celica
  • Nagi
  • Vandham
  • Luxaar
  • Ga Jiarg
  • Goetia
That's assuming that the Spirits would exclusively be from X, that is. If there'd be new Spirits for the other games as well, I suppose the likes of Luxaar, Goetia, Nagi and Vandham are less likely to be there. At any rate, I don't really see the optional party members being in, although H.B. would be funny to have.
And fun fact: X!Celica actually doesn't even conflict with Fire Emblem!Celica, because the latter has to share her Spirit with Alm.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

because the latter has to share her Spirit with Alm.
Yeah, and, even if she didn't, we have Roy (the Koopaling) and Roy (FE) on the roster, so I don't think any two things (fighter, assist, spirit, Mii costume) having the same name is a problem.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
So, here's a random thought I had to breathe a bit more life into the thread: Since we know for certain that every Fighter's Pass character is going to come with new Spirits (~10, judging by Joker), who do you think should still be in for X or the Xenoblade series in general? Personally, I think we could do with:
  • Doug
  • Gwin
  • Irina
  • L
  • Celica
  • Nagi
  • Vandham
  • Luxaar
  • Ga Jiarg
  • Goetia
That's assuming that the Spirits would exclusively be from X, that is. If there'd be new Spirits for the other games as well, I suppose the likes of Luxaar, Goetia, Nagi and Vandham are less likely to be there. At any rate, I don't really see the optional party members being in, although H.B. would be funny to have.
And fun fact: X!Celica actually doesn't even conflict with Fire Emblem!Celica, because the latter has to share her Spirit with Alm.
Based on Elma's Affinity Chart links:
Gwin
Irina
Maurice
Nagi
Vandham
Ga Buidhe
Ga Jiarg
and whatever other character

Also, having the same name doesn't "conflict" with anything. Mewtwo and Lucas got more then one trophy named "Mewtwo" or "Lucas" in Super Smash Bros For Wii U/3DS and this:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
A writer (Yuichiro Takeda) for all the Xenoblade games and Xenosaga (the DS port thing) as well as the F-Zero anime retweeted an E3 announcement. There's a 50% chance it's nothing, a 40% chance it's not Xeno related, a 9% chance it's not Xenoblade X related, but there's a golden 1% chance that
F ZERO IS BACK BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
haha but really pls X

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With E3 on the horizon, I'll be surprised if we don't get at least one character reveal soon. That said, I got mine fingers crossed for Elma.
I been predicting for months now that we will probably be getting 2 characters revealed at E3. If no newcomer is revealed at E3 after waiting this long, I'm leaving speculation until the whole Season Pass is out.

Top Bottom