• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Abade

Smash Apprentice
Found a stage based on New LA someone made. It's pretty cool in my opinion.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Found a stage based on New LA someone made. It's pretty cool in my opinion.

It’s pretty difficult to make a stage based on X since the possibilities are usually very large and vast, and stage builder can only allow so much space to help replicate that.

Last edited:

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Alright, one last stage from me for the time being! Arguably the most important one, though.

Oh boy, this is one stage I can get behind. I would download it if I had smash ultimate, but if I had smash ultimate would be in the scenario where Elma is in so this stage would not be needed. Paradox, XD.

Still, nice call with this stage!!

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice
Do people think how Joker was added as sort of a big celebration of Persona with multiple games being represented and a bunch of new spirits makes it more likely the remaining 4 in the fighter pass will be 3rd party from unrepresented series? It's a little early to say, but I think it does...and if that's the case-
Do people think another fighter pass will be developed for Ultimate in the future? Would Sakurai go for Rex over Elma if this happened? That might depend on if Elma is being featured in a new game (and I think she will).

Also: how high are the chances of additional music or stages outside of the fighter pass being added?

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Do people think how Joker was added as sort of a big celebration of Persona with multiple games being represented and a bunch of new spirits makes it more likely the remaining 4 in the fighter pass will be 3rd party from unrepresented series? It's a little early to say, but I think it does...and if that's the case-
Do people think another fighter pass will be developed for Ultimate in the future? Would Sakurai go for Rex over Elma if this happened? That might depend on if Elma is being featured in a new game (and I think she will).

Also: how high are the chances of additional music or stages outside of the fighter pass being added?
For the first question, I think it's too early to tell; when we get the second DLC character pack, we can make more educated guesses about what they're going for. But even then, if the second character is a 3rd party in the style of Joker, and then the third character is a Nintendo character, then we really haven't got anywhere in terms of predicting what's coming.

So I guess what I'm saying is that we probably shouldn't tie ourselves into thinking, "They're going for unexpected 3rd parties.", "They're going for big Nintendo historical characters." etc, even though Reggie did make that comment (which could be taken in a number of ways, honestly) and Joker is in the game. There really is no way of making guesses about what's coming without seeing more than one of the five packs.

The appearance of more 'unexpected' 3rd parties will definitely dampen my hopes but for me it ain't over until they declare that the DLC train is done. That opens you up to a lot of disappointment and you hate to hear it, but there is always next time, in most cases.

As for the second question, my feelings on a second pass is that it could happen, but I only see it as a 'lesser' thing than the first pass. Kind of like a smaller version of the first, with maybe semi clones and echos or something like that. As with the first point, I will have to wait and see how they present the final fighters of the first pass and how they handle the full roll-out before seeing if there is any possibility that they might be thinking about it. I guess reception to the current DLC line-up also matters.

And for additional music and stages, I don't think they will even consider it until the first 5 DLCs are done, unless there's some announcement they want to cross over with.

TL;DR - I am reserving judgement on the structure of the first DLC until we get one or two more characters, and my stance on any additional DLC is that we'll have to see how they handle the final stages of the first DLC.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I definitely think all the DLC characters will be similar to Joker, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the unique UI gimmicks he brought. So I could see franchises like Dark Souls, Banjo Kazooie, Dragon Quest etc coming in because they have very unique aesthetics and menus (think things like "Dark Spirit Ganondorf invaded!" at the start of an online match with the DS character, all the items on the BK's map having googley eyes or the Spirit Board being stylized like a classic DQ battle menu). On the other hand I don't think first party characters can really bring this in the same way. I can't see Sakurai giving XCX's aesthetics love the same way he did to Persona 5.

But I already thought Elma's chances were slim, so I'm not upset. I already treat this place like an XCX discussion thread.

Calamitas

Smash Champion

There are only two or three third-party characters I'd ever want in Smash at this point, so I don't want, I don't believe it. Let's also keep in mind that third-party characters are gonna cost to license and everything, so getting five of them seems rather out there. I really doubt that every DLC character is going to be a "heavy hitter", when the DLC in 4 already had some characters in there that disappointed people.
On a less speculation-y side, I agree with SorrowOfAcheron SorrowOfAcheron in that it's just too early to say for sure. After the second and third character, maybe, but not after only the first.

Edit:
And for what it's worth, I just learned that you don't even need to buy the DLC to get the new Spirits. I literally just bought a bunch of Persona Spirits in the in-game shop, and I have neither the Fighter's Pack, nor Joker Frompersonafive in particular.

Last edited:

Sigman

Smash Cadet

I don't see any "pattern" to take from this as they are still charging Piranha Plant for a price as DLC instead of patching them into the game like what they have done with Mario Party and Pokemon Go spirits.

What to take away from the Joker Pack is how nice for Linly to become a cat for the cat-loving Colonel.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

It is also worth nothing that the new Mii Costumes and the 3rd party ones that got cut from Smash 4 where all from Sega franchises, and Sega does own Atlus, so I feel if the next newcomer is for example from Square enix or Namco and brings back the cut Mii costumes from those companies, I feel its safe to say this pass will be full 3rd party and we have a clear pattern.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Jumping to early conclusions aside, I just remembered this, and figured I'd share it. Just watch and you'll see why it's relevant to the thread.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Characters like Lin, Tatsu, Doug, Lao, L, Commander Vandham, Skells, etc are referenced in Xenoblade 2.

Prone appears as hologram forms Team Rex assumes from Elma's view but not their voices as Elma noticed and she later explained her relationship with the Prone.
Thanks for the follow-up, I knew my info was spotty and the info you gathered was incredible.
In other news Monolith just opened up their 5th studio location. What could they be working on?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
5 Xenoblade X sequels, I hope. At least one of them a direct sequel, one being set on a different part of Mira and one a Deus-Ex or Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines style FPS-RPG in NLA where you can pick alien races with their own traits...

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I'm so bored these days. I ordered Trails of Cold Steel to get into the LoH series (also watching Trails in the Sky LPs) because I want an engaging RPG and I'm constantly thinking about XCX. I really hope we get some Xeno/related news soon.

Aahhhhhhhhhhhh

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
If persona 5, the most overmilked game series of this generation can get a warriors game XC deserves one as well.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
A Musou game really isn't anything to clamor for, especially if you're after XCX fanservice specifically. Fire Emblem Warriors had a base cast of
Fates: 9 characters (+3 more in DLC)
Awakening: 6 characters (+3 more in DLC)
Shadow Dragon: 3 characters (+3 more in DLC)
Blazing Blade: 1 character
Gaiden/Echoes: 1 character
Recurring: 1 character
Considering the receptions the XC games got in Japan, I'd say XCX's representation is probably gonna look like the lower end of that list. I'm pretty starved for any new XCX content too but it's not worth being burnt by yet another Musou that takes a dump on a franchise I love.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
A Musou game really isn't anything to clamor for, especially if you're after XCX fanservice specifically. Fire Emblem Warriors had a base cast of
Considering the receptions the XC games got in Japan, I'd say XCX's representation is probably gonna look like the lower end of that list. I'm pretty starved for any new XCX content too but it's not worth being burnt by yet another Musou that takes a dump on a franchise I love.
I mean, XCX does have the most playable characters (not counting blades as playable characters). So it's like 7 characters for XC1 10+ for XCX, 5 for XC2, and 9 for torna. We probably wont get everyone from XCX, but we probably could get the main characters.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I mean, XCX does have the most playable characters (not counting blades as playable characters). So it's like 7 characters for XC1 10+ for XCX, 5 for XC2, and 9 for torna. We probably wont get everyone from XCX, but we probably could get the main characters.
It’s not about the characters in the original game, FE7 and FE2 both had 30+ characters and only got one each. SD has 50 or so characters in the remake. It’s about the focus that the devs want to give: a lot of FEW’s roster suffered from dev bias (like cutting Azura but keeping Hinoka because the director waifu’d her). And considering XB2’s popularity in Japan (and X’s lack of popularity there) I can’t see the bias working out well for X.

I just don’t see much reason to celebrate KT getting their hands on the IP.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Elma's weapons should make her pretty interesting I think. Dual weapons are flashy enough to warrant another user that's not Pit. It'd be really cool if her Final Smash was using a Skell.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
It’s not about the characters in the original game, FE7 and FE2 both had 30+ characters and only got one each. SD has 50 or so characters in the remake. It’s about the focus that the devs want to give: a lot of FEW’s roster suffered from dev bias (like cutting Azura but keeping Hinoka because the director waifu’d her). And considering XB2’s popularity in Japan (and X’s lack of popularity there) I can’t see the bias working out well for X.

I just don’t see much reason to celebrate KT getting their hands on the IP.
First of all, we don't know if MS will even decide to do a Xeno warriors game. Maybe the company will want to wait a few more years to add more to the XC/XCX universe, maybe they'll do something that'll get more people on board of XCX. Secondly, even if there are a few characters from XCX any content is better than nothing at this point. Smash is a prime example and I doubt we'd get robbed 2 times in a row.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I finally started making that Sylvalum stage that I wanted to make, but it's not done yet. Anyone got any ideas on what I still could do?

I'd like to put some marble material on the "trees", but I'm sadly already on the weight limit. For reference, this is what they look like in X. The main platform is supposed to be the remnants of the Zu Pharg (I think that's what it was called?).

Oh yeah, and for the song, I'm using Swan Lesson. Not sure if it's the best fit for Sylvalum, though.

Xenoblade as a series has only three games, though. Four if you count Torna. The character choices for FEW can be justified, but excluding X for a Musou game would be very jarring.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I also made a Sylvalum stage, but it was based on the bridge that gets destroyed. The main body of the bridge is just a large platform with two jumpthrough moving platforms (one above and below), but if you go below the bridge you can activate a bomb block and destroy most of the upper platform permanently. I went with "Lost Painting" from Castlevania for the music.

It's just called Sylvalum - XBX if you want to search for it. Make sure to share your one when it's finished too.

Last edited:

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
If persona 5, the most overmilked game series of this generation can get a warriors game XC deserves one as well.
Furusawa did say "Xeno" though, so this is also considering Gears and Saga.

“Again, as a personal opinion, I think that there would be potential for the ‘Ys’ and ‘Xeno’ series to be adapted, because, just as you mentioned, they feature characters having a strong impact, and would therefore, meld well with the Warriors series.”

After all, characters debuted in Xenosaga appeared in many games including Xenoblade 2 as well as the Xenogears characters such as Figureheads, World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius , selling paintings, and figures based on them. The Xeno developers and composers noted in the interviews of the Xenogears 20th anniversary concert of the support they received by fans surpassed their expectations.

Licensing is no problem for them as they made games based on Dragon Quest and Berserk.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Ugh, I'm so bored these days. I ordered Trails of Cold Steel to get into the LoH series (also watching Trails in the Sky LPs) because I want an engaging RPG and I'm constantly thinking about XCX. I really hope we get some Xeno/related news soon.

Aahhhhhhhhhhhh
Finally! Someone else that's interested on LoH! I hope you enjoy it. :D

I started with Trails in the Sky back in the day, and I wasn't disappointed; the ending of the first game made me cry so hard, haha. It's a slow ride at first since there's a lot of lore and world building (So many NPCs have their own intricate storylines! Seemingly useless info becomes relevant years later), but it's well worth it, IMO.

As far as plot is concerned, Cold Steel has its missteps and it takes a little time to get good as well, but it's also very solid overall (and the ending in its first and second games also hit me right in the feels). Though I prefer its gameplay over Trails in the Sky.

Sorry for being off topic, y'all. It's just that the Trails series is more niche than even Xenoblade X, so you can probably imagine one's enthusiasm to run into a potential fan out in the wild.

Last edited:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Finally! Someone else that's interested on LoH! I hope you enjoy it. :D

I started with Trails in the Sky back in the day, and I wasn't disappointed; the ending of the first game made me cry so hard, haha. It's a slow ride at first since there's a lot of lore and world building (So many NPCs have their own intricate storylines! Seemingly useless info becomes relevant years later), but it's well worth it, IMO.

As far as plot is concerned, Cold Steel has its missteps and it takes a little time to get good as well, but it's also very solid overall (and the ending in its first and second games also hit me right in the feels). Though I prefer its gameplay over Trails in the Sky.

Sorry for being off topic, y'all. It's just that the Trails series is more niche than even Xenoblade X, so you can probably imagine one's enthusiasm to run into a potential fan out in the wild.
Yeah, I heard they start out pretty slow so I can see why some people would be put off by that. I also heard about all the text and dialogue there is; I freakin love expansive lore so that's one of the reasons I decided to finally get into it. I just want to see how everything ties in together.

Also I heard the music years ago and thought it was amazing so I guess that kept it relevant in my mind :D

KatKit

Smash Lord
Yeah, I heard they start out pretty slow so I can see why some people would be put off by that. I also heard about all the text and dialogue there is; I freakin love expansive lore so that's one of the reasons I decided to finally get into it. I just want to see how everything ties in together.

Also I heard the music years ago and thought it was amazing so I guess that kept it relevant in my mind :D
Heh, the first Trails game had so much text, they had to split it in two parts. The second half alone is 20% longer than War and Peace, e.g.

The magical little universe they created is just so ambitious and consistent; you can tell that they planned most of this stuff out years in advance, and it pays off. For example, some fictional character you can read about in a missable, optional side event in one game may turn out to be a party member or boss fight or something in another. There's a lot of foreshadowing that's easy to gloss over that's awesome in hindsight. Each saga (Liberl/Cross Bell/Erebonia) has its own atmosphere and self-contained story, so you can play any of them in any order, but it's all connected (this might sound like gibberish right now, but you're starting with Cold Steel, which is the Erebonia saga). I also like how the antagonists aren't all outright evil. As far as morality is concerned, there's a large gray area. Sometimes it boils down to a character's perspective (If you ever played Odin Sphere, it's kind of like that: each faction are the heroes of their own story). But yeah, whether you're having tea with someone who could very well be a final boss or something convoluted like that, or talking to an NPC who has a surprising amount of depth and dialogue throughout the game for no reason other than to make the world that much more believable, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I like the music, too. When it comes to story/music/gameplay, Nihon Falcom doesn't disappoint. Enormous Inner Strength is probably my favorite song in Cold Steel 1. It's worth checking out, but you'll probably come across it eventually in-game.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
It's XenobladeX_Fes19 in Japan celebrating the 4th anniversary of the game! Take a wander over in the tag if you're up for some X art.
Here
Today's my first day at internship so I'm finding this a very welcome omen. Maybe they'll announce a port by the time I'm done, eh?

Pallex

Smash Journeyman

Aahhhhhhhhhhhh
TorchicFlame delivers news on Elma's Ares and her super loyal (ex-)boyfriend, Lone Hero of the White Whale/Black Knight: "Ok after half a year i finally managed to pack the model of the Black Knight plus the Original Ares into a obj format and the games data(camdo), you can load all of these here: https://t.co/vQWbumQ6WL "
It's XenobladeX_Fes19 in Japan celebrating the 4th anniversary of the game! Take a wander over in the tag if you're up for some X art.
Here
Today's my first day at internship so I'm finding this a very welcome omen. Maybe they'll announce a port by the time I'm done, eh?
I am not an artist but I can post some cool art others made way back when for the Xenoblade X 4th anniversary and Elma's birthday:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So there’s been some speculation that there will be a dual reveal this E3; whomever Brave is (who may or may not be Erdrick) and Fighter 3.

Really hope Fighter 3 is Elma...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Thinking about it right now guys...

What if Elma’s Overdrive mechanic functions similarly to Joker’s Arsene? You build up a meter overtime and when the meter is full, you automatically go into Overdrive, increasing your damage output and your attack speed? That could sort of be an interesting way of implementing it despite being not as faithful to XCX, right?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So, I was searching for some custom X stages online, and I thought that I should share these two.

So there’s been some speculation that there will be a dual reveal this E3; whomever Brave is (who may or may not be Erdrick) and Fighter 3.

Really hope Fighter 3 is Elma...
First time I'm hearing that speculation, but tbh, I was thinking the same thing. It would make sense. And at the same time, I doubt that both of these reveals would be the big hype characters.

Thinking about it right now guys...

What if Elma’s Overdrive mechanic functions similarly to Joker’s Arsene? You build up a meter overtime and when the meter is full, you automatically go into Overdrive, increasing your damage output and your attack speed? That could sort of be an interesting way of implementing it despite being not as faithful to XCX, right?
Ehh, I'd prefer that wasn't the case. We already got enough meter characters for a while.

KatKit

Smash Lord
So, I was searching for some custom X stages online, and I thought that I should share these two.

I really like the X stage! Though now it stings even more that we don't have any music (yet). D: I usually make N64 themed stages, a Tetris themed stage, and an original level or with some kind of gimmick and call it a day. Now I'm motivated to make an X level of my own.

The Elma level reminded me of Ms. Bellum from PPG, haha. I must admit, the minimalist design is nice, and kudos for the effort, originality, and being an Elma fan. With that being said... no. Just no.

https://twitter.com/ssktmm/status/1123965367372668929?s=20

Friday afternoon Elma! I'm glad there's a fair few XCX maps popping up on the stage sharing service. Shame my trial ran out so I don't think I can even see how many Yeahs! my Sylvalum stage is getting (or if it's even up) but oh well.
It's still Thursday night out here, but good afternoon nonethless.

I'll search for your stage at work tomorrow, and post it so you can see how popular it gets. Sylvalum is one of my favorite areas in X, so I can't wait to see it.

Top Bottom