• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

D

Deleted member

HEADS UP MY DUDES

If what SpawnWave is hinting is true thennnn...
Honestly if an X port is revealed without an Elma reveal I'll be a bit concerned but I'm pretty sure releasing the character in the same year as the game would still be promotion and they could just want to release other characters first for legal/promotional reasoms (we know for a fact that they rushed out a Joker reveal for the Game Awards pretty early for example)

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Eh the Overclocking Bangle is helpful but in high-level speedkilling it quickly becomes useless as it's just a waste of an accessory slot since you don't really like need a full driver combo for any base game enemy once you have an Orb Master and/or master Fusion Combos.
seriously why does it feel like the nopon sidekicks are getting worse and worse over time
i loved riki, i tolerated tatsu but he was annoying, and now tora is just... eugh. his only plus is how goddamn good he is in gameplay seriously look up any optimal team build and he's there
I mean, that may be so, but we're not talking about speedkilling here, are we? This is just simply beating the redux challenge.
You can't top perfection. Heropon is flawless.
Nah but Nopon sidekicks are really like the protagonists in that regard, they're just getting less good. And I'm not saying that Elma is bad, it's just that she's just not as good of a protagonist as Shulk is. Rex meanwhile is just garbage, though.

Hmm...

Spawn Wave is supposedly saying, XCX won’t be a reason to keep the Wii U much longer...?

Switch Port announcement soon? If so they really did pull a CrossCode with us
Anyone got a timestamp for that? Because I definitely am not sitting through a two hour video for that.

Honestly if an X port is revealed without an Elma reveal I'll be a bit concerned but I'm pretty sure releasing the character in the same year as the game would still be promotion and they could just want to release other characters first for legal/promotional reasoms (we know for a fact that they rushed out a Joker reveal for the Game Awards pretty early for example)
Eh, I wouldn't sweat it. I mean, Joker came without a Persona 5 Switch port, Ridley came without any new Metroid game, and so on. The only newcomers this time that were really coupled with news regarding their series were Isabelle and Inkling.

D

Deleted member

I mean, that may be so, but we're not talking about speedkilling here, are we? This is just simply beating the redux challenge.
You can't top perfection. Heropon is flawless.
Nah but Nopon sidekicks are really like the protagonists in that regard, they're just getting less good. And I'm not saying that Elma is bad, it's just that she's just not as good of a protagonist as Shulk is. Rex meanwhile is just garbage, though.

Anyone got a timestamp for that? Because I definitely am not sitting through a two hour video for that.

Eh, I wouldn't sweat it. I mean, Joker came without a Persona 5 Switch port, Ridley came without any new Metroid game, and so on. The only newcomers this time that were really coupled with news regarding their series were Isabelle and Inkling.
Yeah but if an X port is planned then you would think that Elma would also be released to help promote it, just a bit

I'm like half playing devils advocate and half reassuring myself lmao

So since we got nothing to talk about atm, Good Smile is apparently releasing KOS-MOS RE figures according to this post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/aoyx3j I've never played Xenosaga but KOS-MOS is one of my favorite optional Blades in XC2 and I love her design, so I might pick her up.
Also did a certain character's appearance in XCX remind you of KOS-MOS/T-elos, just a bit?

Last edited by a moderator:

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Let's just slow down there for a second, even if they announce a XCX port we probably wont have a solid release date. Itll probably be around December when itll launch (my guess at least). Even then, what if they decide to add content to fill up some plot holes. To help set up the sequel?

Also, I'm gonna make Crosscoded a word in the urban dictionary for "when a game developer says their game is unlikely to get ported to a console, then ports the game in which no one sees it coming.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Also, I'm gonna make Crosscoded a word in the urban dictionary for "when a game developer says their game is unlikely to get ported to a console, then ports the game in which no one sees it coming.
Well, "embiggen" became a word thanks to a comic book character...

EDIT: Oh no, I accidentally multi-posted. How do I fix this?

Last edited:

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Well, "embiggen" became a word thanks to a comic book character...

EDIT: Oh no, I accidentally multi-posted. How do I fix this?
That was 20 seconds of stimulation I wasn't expecting.

Here is kind of the problem with our predicament with Elma as the XCX rep. Reggie said that the reps would be people who people would never see coming. I dont want them to add Cross, but it could be the situation we might find ourselves in. I hope I'm wrong because I'd love Elma over Cross, but remembering that nintendo picked the DLC in addition to adding Corrin from fates, they could make the wrong pick again
Again, I hope I'm wrong and they add Elma, but worst case we probably get cross.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That was 20 seconds of stimulation I wasn't expecting.

Here is kind of the problem with our predicament with Elma as the XCX rep. Reggie said that the reps would be people who people would never see coming. I dont want them to add Cross, but it could be the situation we might find ourselves in. I hope I'm wrong because I'd love Elma over Cross, but remembering that nintendo picked the DLC in addition to adding Corrin from fates, they could make the wrong pick again
Again, I hope I'm wrong and they add Elma, but worst case we probably get cross.
oh my

I doubt we’ll get Cross. Elma was chosen to be a DLC Blade in 2 over Cross, after all. Plus, even if Nintendo was making the picks, they’d still pick someone with an established personality and easy to work with moveset over a literal blank slate like Cross, who has too many weapons to boot. Corrin’s personality may be YMMV, but at least they have one.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
While Elma was chosen over Cross in XC2, it would of been solely for the lore implications that she provided in both games. My question is, after finding out you unlock piranaha plant by freeing 10 fighters is, will Joker be 20? If that's the case the Elma will be DLC spot 4 since you unlock her spirit when you get 50 characters? God I wish sakarai would just say if spirits deconfirm or not.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
While Elma was chosen over Cross in XC2, it would of been solely for the lore implications that she provided in both games. My question is, after finding out you unlock piranaha plant by freeing 10 fighters is, will Joker be 20? If that's the case the Elma will be DLC spot 4 since you unlock her spirit when you get 50 characters? God I wish sakarai would just say if spirits deconfirm or not.
You...think too much honestly. If Elma is DLC she will be reveal a moment or an other.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My take on how it will go probably:
So PP is unlocked when you specifically free 10 characters in the Light realm right? I can see Joker being that you unlock 10 characters in the Dark Realm. Elma could be either, but I’d prefer her to be a Dark Realm unlocking X characters too. 15? 20? Fitting too since she was a Dark elemental Blade in 2.

if Fiora is her echo, maybe have Elma be freed when you unlock the seven “base” fighters while Fiora is with the seven echoes being unlocked

Ps. I have a teaser idea for Elma with a Fiora echo, if the only way echoes are DLC is if they’re paired with their “original” like I kinda hope. Ergo, no echoes of characters on the base roster in the pass. I’ll post it tomorrow after the interview.

If this posts twice, I apologize. Having internet issues atm

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
You...think to much honestly. If Elma is DLC she will be reveal a moment or an other.
I have two characters that I want in smash bros. Elma and Travis Touchdown, Travis was shot down in December by his creator. If elma goes down the same route I'm not gonna touch a single piece of DLC for smash (that and I'm not the biggest fan of smash.)
My take on how it will go probably:
So PP is unlocked when you specifically free 10 characters in the Light realm right? I can see Joker being that you unlock 10 characters in the Dark Realm. Elma could be either, but I’d prefer her to be a Dark Realm unlocking X characters too. 15? 20? Fitting too since she was a Dark elemental Blade in 2.

if Fiora is her echo, maybe have Elma be freed when you unlock the seven “base” fighters while Fiora is with the seven echoes being unlocked

Ps. I have a teaser idea for Elma with a Fiora echo, if the only way echoes are DLC is if they’re paired with their “original” like I kinda hope. Ergo, no echoes of characters on the base roster in the pass. I’ll post it tomorrow after the interview.

If this posts twice, I apologize. Having internet issues atm
It'd be interesting to see if they make the DLC function like that in smash bros for world of light, also I'd love to see how they'd function the firing mechanic into Fiora if they add her as an echo.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I have two characters that I want in smash bros. Elma and Travis Touchdown, Travis was shot down in December by his creator. If elma goes down the same route I'm not gonna touch a single piece of DLC for smash (that and I'm not the biggest fan of smash.)

It'd be interesting to see if they make the DLC function like that in smash bros for world of light, also I'd love to see how they'd function the firing mechanic into Fiora if they add her as an echo.
Fiora could use drones, I guess?

Also I doubt they’d straight up deny Elma in Smash. Especially since Xenoblade X isn’t even listed in the game’s files and Caitlin Glass has a project that requires an NDA

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Fiora could use drones, I guess?

Also I doubt they’d straight up deny Elma in Smash. Especially since Xenoblade X isn’t even listed in the game’s files and Caitlin Glass has a project that requires an NDA
Yeah and we still dont know about Sawano's secret project, I doubt it was that kill la kill game since we dont know about how much new music they'd make for the KLK game. The only question left is who would be voiced in the reveal trailer? I think Lin and Lao would be used, but who else?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah and we still dont know about Sawano's secret project, I doubt it was that kill la kill game since we dont know about how much new music they'd make for the KLK game. The only question left is who would be voiced in the reveal trailer? I think Lin and Lao would be used, but who else?
Nagi? I imagine like it takes place in the briefing room at NLA tower and Elma walking in on a transmission from like Master Hand or something

also y’all may see my teaser sooner. I’m rescheduling the interview cause I’m too damn sick

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Okay, but just imagine a reveal trailer that looks like an in game cutscene from X but a little better graphics-wise. It could be used to bait and switch with an Elma reveal for Smash, kind of like how Corrin's trailer was basically ripped straight from Fates. Have it start with a mission briefing about some encoded transmission, then have the message (an invitation for Smash) be revealed. Then give Elma a dialogue box with the choices of either "Join Smash" or "Finally Let Lin Cook Tatsu". The choice might be a little difficult, but those are the sacrifices that we must make. Then, give us a Splash Screen that says something like "Elma Raises Skell" or "Elma Sharpens Her B.L.A.D.E". Perfect, right? Bonus points if L shows up and calls everyone asscaves.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
If the Xenoblade X port ever arrives, I'd like to see a compilation of all the times it was 'leaked'/'announced'. It's really getting absurd at this point.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Well let's not forget that Corrin, the confirmed promotion pic, was added in Smash several months after Fates initial reveal AND release in Japan. Also Rosalina was announced for Smash a whole month after her reveal in Super Mario 3D World, so it's not like they necessarely have to tie game announcements and character reveals.

Also I would advise everyone to not take Reggie's word as gospel. He isn't involved in any way with the development of Smash, and it isn't unlikely that he actually doesn't even know who the actual characters are. His statements like "All unexpected character", "Fans will love them" and "Joker is an example of what we are doing" are just PR talk made in order to sell as many Fighter Passes as possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly y'all I've been feeling pretty optimistic about Elma's chances. I don't know why, but I just do.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
man i really want that xenoblade x port to happen... I've been interested in playing this game for a while. i also want a switch to play it as well...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
as promised here's my Elma "teaser" a la Joker with one, no, TWO extra things

ok now im done, i accidentally posted before i was ready
Rated E10+ to T.

"It's this planet. There's something about this planet..."

This song starts playing as panoramic footage of all five continents shows, plus a...sixth continent that looks like it's made of dark matter? At 0:27, this text is shown:

Experience one of the greatest immersive adventures on the Wii U, like never before!

Gameplay footage is shown, much of which is just like its Wii U counterpart, but with exploration and combat on the Dark Matter continent, plus some new Skells.

Now with a new region to explore, new Skells, and much more!

Song cuts to 1:44 as story footage from the vanilla game is shown, plus new never before seen bosses like the Neilnails and the new Level 100 Tyrant: Yggralith, the All-Devouring.

Uncover more of Mira's great mysteries, and defend humanity from greater alien threats!

Song is now at 2:09 as it shows off (idk some Amiibo functionality? Cameos from other Nintendo games?) and ends with the cloaked figure from the post credits scene starting to take off his cape.

This story never truly ends...

The music stops as the following appears on screen:

Xenoblade Chronicles X Ultimate
Coming June 12, 2019

A few seconds pass, and the screen flickers as if TV static, and fades to the conference room in BLADE Tower as this starts playing. Lin, Nagi, Maurice, and Vandham are standing in the room when the sound of a transmission comes in in the middle of a discussion.

"What is that?" Lin asks.

"Put them through," Maurice says. Nagi obliges, and on the screen is Master Hand.

"Greetings! I am Master Hand, and I heard that BLADE has several promising fighters!"

As they continue talking, fill in whatever you want, the camera shows a pair of familiar red greaves walking down a hallway. It pans up to show a familiar silver haired colonel from behind. She listens in when she's close to the room.

"...So, is anyone in New LA willing to join the ranks of Smash?"

There's a brief silence as the music fades out, and then a female voice says, "Fortune favors the bold."

Elma steps in as that song starts playing and she continues, "It's a brave new world out there. I've been meaning to show off my skills, and broaden my horizons. Maybe I'll find some other survivors there."

"Elma, are you sure?" Lin asks.

"I am," Elma confirms. "Master Hand, was it? Send your best out by the West Gate. I want to prove my worth as a viable candidate."

Scene cuts to the West Gate, where Elma sees :ultshulk::ultcloud::ultlink::ultsnake::ultrosalina::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultcorrinf::ultwolf::ultfalcon::ultincineroar::ultzss: standing before her.

"Heh...they really did crank up the difficulty this time." She opens with Sliding Slinger, then uses Shadowstrike on Incineroar and Stream Edge on Shulk.

"That put a dent in them. Time to move in and keep the rhythm going!"

Just then, an unfamiliar figure leaps into the air above her. The figure is revealed to be a blonde cyborg female about Shulk's age.

"I'm gonna go all out!"

Uncontrollable cuts to the chorus as the following text appears:

Challenger Pack 2: Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X

And after a few seconds...

And her Echo Fighter, Mecha-Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles!

cue the Smash Bros. Ultimate logo as the music fades out

and yes June 12th is my birthday

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

as promised here's my Elma "teaser" a la Joker with one, no, TWO extra things

ok now im done, i accidentally posted before i was ready
Rated E10+ to T.

"It's this planet. There's something about this planet..."

This song starts playing as panoramic footage of all five continents shows, plus a...sixth continent that looks like it's made of dark matter? At 0:27, this text is shown:

Experience one of the greatest immersive adventures on the Wii U, like never before!

Gameplay footage is shown, much of which is just like its Wii U counterpart, but with exploration and combat on the Dark Matter continent, plus some new Skells.

Now with a new region to explore, new Skells, and much more!

Song cuts to 1:44 as story footage from the vanilla game is shown, plus new never before seen bosses like the Neilnails and the new Level 100 Tyrant: Yggralith, the All-Devouring.

Uncover more of Mira's great mysteries, and defend humanity from greater alien threats!

Song is now at 2:09 as it shows off (idk some Amiibo functionality? Cameos from other Nintendo games?) and ends with the cloaked figure from the post credits scene starting to take off his cape.

This story never truly ends...

The music stops as the following appears on screen:

Xenoblade Chronicles X Ultimate
Coming June 12, 2019

A few seconds pass, and the screen flickers as if TV static, and fades to the conference room in BLADE Tower as this starts playing. Lin, Nagi, Maurice, and Vandham are standing in the room when the sound of a transmission comes in in the middle of a discussion.

"What is that?" Lin asks.

"Put them through," Maurice says. Nagi obliges, and on the screen is Master Hand.

"Greetings! I am Master Hand, and I heard that BLADE has several promising fighters!"

As they continue talking, fill in whatever you want, the camera shows a pair of familiar red greaves walking down a hallway. It pans up to show a familiar silver haired colonel from behind. She listens in when she's close to the room.

"...So, is anyone in New LA willing to join the ranks of Smash?"

There's a brief silence as the music fades out, and then a female voice says, "Fortune favors the bold."

Elma steps in as that song starts playing and she continues, "It's a brave new world out there. I've been meaning to show off my skills, and broaden my horizons. Maybe I'll find some other survivors there."

"Elma, are you sure?" Lin asks.

"I am," Elma confirms. "Master Hand, was it? Send your best out by the West Gate. I want to prove my worth as a viable candidate."

Scene cuts to the West Gate, where Elma sees :ultshulk::ultcloud::ultlink::ultsnake::ultrosalina::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultcorrinf::ultwolf::ultfalcon::ultincineroar::ultzss: standing before her.

"Heh...they really did crank up the difficulty this time." She opens with Sliding Slinger, then uses Shadowstrike on Incineroar and Stream Edge on Shulk.

"That put a dent in them. Time to move in and keep the rhythm going!"

Just then, an unfamiliar figure leaps into the air above her. The figure is revealed to be a blonde cyborg female about Shulk's age.

"I'm gonna go all out!"

Uncontrollable cuts to the chorus as the following text appears:

Challenger Pack 2: Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X

And after a few seconds...

And her Echo Fighter, Mecha-Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles!

cue the Smash Bros. Ultimate logo as the music fades out

and yes June 12th is my birthday
this is a blessed timeline

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tfw you didn’t include Bayonetta in your teaser mockup

Welp oh well

D

Deleted member

So what do you guys think will be shown? Personally I think the most Smash info we're getting is a vague release window for Joker, and maybe some gameplay.

Of course I wouldn't mind a reveal or hint for the next character, especially if the character is a certain colonel...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
All I want is Joker footage. Release window would be helpful. Now, X port or Mario Maker 2 would be amazing too. And Elma in Smash, or really anyone revealed, would be fantastic.

D

Deleted member

All I want is Joker footage. Release window would be helpful. Now, X port or Mario Maker 2 would be amazing too. And Elma in Smash, or really anyone revealed, would be fantastic.
It would be pretty sick if they reveal the NX. We've been waiting for so long Nintendo!

:p

#Elma4Smash

Smash Cadet
So what do you guys think will be shown? Personally I think the most Smash info we're getting is a vague release window for Joker, and maybe some gameplay.

Of course I wouldn't mind a reveal or hint for the next character, especially if the character is a certain colonel...
I just want an x port... it's literally all i ask... and elma in smash of course but i dont expect her announcment to be tomorrow

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
It would be pretty sick if they reveal the NX. We've been waiting for so long Nintendo!

:p
Right? The Switch has been a nice enough replacement for the 3DS, but I'm still waiting on a home console.
In all seriousness, let's all hope for some great announcements. Need some more info on Animal Crossing for sure.

Top Bottom