• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what they would title an X port...

Xenoblade Chronicles X Deluxe?

Or maybe they would just call it Xenoblade Chronicles X But On The Nintendo Switch This Time

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Or maybe they would just call it Xenoblade Chronicles X But On The Nintendo Switch This Time
Plot twist, it's Xenoblade Chronicles X Ultimate :shades:

Calamitas

Smash Champion

They'd probably just keep the name as is. It's what they did with Tropical Freeze.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
They'd probably just keep the name as is. It's what they did with Tropical Freeze.
and they could still add content, like Switch!Tropical Freeze's infamously memetic New Funky Mode...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
FUNKY MODE FOR XCX OR NO BUYS
it better feature Dante From The Devil May Cry Series & Knuckles too

and include a bonus game: Yoshi Commits Tax Fraud

but in all seriousness just give me my bloody level 100 Yggralith Tyrant that fights in phases like Endbringer and I will never ask for anything ever again

and uh, maybe implement those Neilnail bosses that were only in timed challenge mode in the vanilla game

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunetaly i have never played XCX (because the WiiU is ..... well the WiiU) so naturaly I am more a supporter of Rex from XC2. But I also think that any kind of representation from this awesome game series is good for the whole series, so I also want to show my support for Elma (which I ... as I have to admit ... only know from XC2, but she seems to be an awesome character nevertheless).

So as it seems from the Piranha Plant update, the DLC Fighter will also get their custom classic Mode. What do you think that Elmas (if she will be included) Story will be about? I have absolutly no idea about XCX, so I hope you guys have some ideas ^^....

D

Deleted member

Unfortunetaly i have never played XCX (because the WiiU is ..... well the WiiU) so naturaly I am more a supporter of Rex from XC2. But I also think that any kind of representation from this awesome game series is good for the whole series, so I also want to show my support for Elma (which I ... as I have to admit ... only know from XC2, but she seems to be an awesome character nevertheless).

So as it seems from the Piranha Plant update, the DLC Fighter will also get their custom classic Mode. What do you think that Elmas (if she will be included) Story will be about? I have absolutly no idea about XCX, so I hope you guys have some ideas ^^....
I think she should fight everyone who's stuck on a different planet (lol)

More specifically, she should fight:
Fox & Falco
The Kirby gang
Samus
Rosalina & Luma
Shulk
Olimar & Alph

Final boss should be Galleom

Last edited by a moderator:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
wasn't it confirmed Hiroyuki was composing alongside Yoko Shimomura who confirmed she was working on Smash...?
I remember people comparing two separate recording sessions between them (because Shimomura ended up recording for smash) but not that they were recording together.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Fox & Falco
The Kirby gang
Samus
Rosalina & Luma
Shulk
Olimar & Alph

I agree on the fighters, but I also think that she would have a partner in rach fight representing different X party member, because X is the only Xenoblade game which starts with a party of two. A couple of ideas for the partners might be:
-Snake for Lao
-Daisy for Lin (they used her for her Spirit battle)
-Blue Ganondorf for L
-Zero Suit Samus for Irina
-Black Dr. Mario for Nagi
-Mii Gunner for Doug
-Young Link for Gwin
-Isabelle for Mia
-Robin for Cross

As a boss besides Galleom I think that Marx or Giga Bowser might also work.
Marx because you fight him in space, Giga Bowser because it is Bowser horribly mutated, and who played X knows what I'm referring to.

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice

Fox & Falco
The Kirby gang
Samus
Rosalina & Luma
Shulk
Olimar & Alph

Interesting Idea but that theme is already encorporated by Rosaline&Luma (just with Marx as an Final Boss and one stage with Bowser because of Mario Galaxy) Also the Modes from Samus, Olimar, Fox and Ridley go in that direction.

D

Deleted member

Interesting Idea but that theme is already encorporated by Rosaline&Luma (just with Marx as an Final Boss and one stage with Bowser because of Mario Galaxy) Also the Modes from Samus, Olimar, Fox and Ridley go in that direction.
ah **** I forgot about Rosalina

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Fox & Falco
The Kirby gang
Samus
Rosalina & Luma
Shulk
Olimar & Alph

I'm leaning more towards a "Journey to the Lifehold Core" kinda thing, with stages and enemies that represent the various areas and story bosses from the game, Like, Gerudo Valley to represent Oblivia, Gaur Plain for Primordia, New Donk City for NLA (though either of those could be replaced by the genuine thing depending on what stage we'd get), Distant Planet for Noctilum, Summit for Sylvalum (even if Sylvalum is not an ice stage), the third form Castle Siege for Cauldros, and then Frigatte Orpheon for the Life Hold Core. As for enemies, there could be Duck Hunt for Grexes, Ganondorf(s) for Prone, Bayonetta for Goetia, a team of Zelda and Donkey Kong for Ryyz and Dagahn, green giant Ridley for Telethia, Incineroar and Zamus for Ga Jiarg and Ga Buidhe, a giant Mega Man or ROB as a stand-in for the various Skell fights, and the final boss then being represented by Giga Bowser.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Gosh, all this talk of the game itself is making me super nostalgic, I kinda wanna start the game up again and start a new save on an external hard drive and experience the journey through Mira all over again <3

If there IS one more thing I hope for in a Switch port, it’s making hunting for materials for gear and Skells (including the post game ones) less tedious

D

Deleted member

XENOBLADE X PORT SUMMONING POST

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
XENOBLADE X PORT SUMMONING POST
>most of the replies are for Golden Sun or F-Zero
Good, very good-
>I’m literally the only one there bringing up XBX or XBX2
1549059458832.jpeg

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice
I used to think X2 should have more of a story focus but after thinking on it I'm convinced the opposite would be better. Trying to tell a linear story in an open world setting means your two focuses will work against each other; not to mention giving people expectations that your game won't deliver. X suffered from both of these.

Instead X should have a more Breath of the Wild approach to main story and focus on weaving the worldbuilding/story into the exploration, sidequests, communities, and whatnot instead of having it all in info-dumps, endless cutscenes and on the back of model kits. The setting in Xeno games is always extremely fleshed out; there's easily an entire game's worth of content if you bother putting it into the game itself. Especially if you start with stuff like "we need to find out more about this planet so we can survive here!" and work your way up to "we need to find clues to uncover the mysteries of this planet" for the end game content.

Leave linear narrative to the numbered games instead of trying to dumb X down into them, is what I'm trying to say. Let each series play to it's own strengths.
I guess what I would hope for is the categories of "Story Missions" and "Side Quests" to be more blurred. There many significant, satisfying events in the side quests of X, but most people see the title "Story Mission" and go for that assuming all the best parts of the story are there. Story missions could be broken up a bit into various unlockable quest chains in the city. I don't think the story should be able to be viewed in any order like in BOTW--I like the sense of progression I get from things happening one after another in the moment--but more freedom and shorter, more frequent cutscenes would be good.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm leaning more towards a "Journey to the Lifehold Core" kinda thing, with stages and enemies that represent the various areas and story bosses from the game, Like, Gerudo Valley to represent Oblivia, Gaur Plain for Primordia, New Donk City for NLA (though either of those could be replaced by the genuine thing depending on what stage we'd get), Distant Planet for Noctilum, Summit for Sylvalum (even if Sylvalum is not an ice stage), the third form Castle Siege for Cauldros, and then Frigatte Orpheon for the Life Hold Core. As for enemies, there could be Duck Hunt for Grexes, Ganondorf(s) for Prone, Bayonetta for Goetia, a team of Zelda and Donkey Kong for Ryyz and Dagahn, green giant Ridley for Telethia, Incineroar and Zamus for Ga Jiarg and Ga Buidhe, a giant Mega Man or ROB as a stand-in for the various Skell fights, and the final boss then being represented by Giga Bowser.
That would work amazingly well! I could also see Magicant being used for Sylvalum, since it is also a dream like scenario and also has a river in the background.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
His final smash is getting naked with everyone on the moon
I'm just gonna nod my head in agreement, never played Xenogears.

On a related note for Elma in smash, how do you guys feel about having Elma's true form being a skin, but the only way you can unlock it would be by beating XCX when it comes to the switch? They did something like this for Rosalina when she came to mario kart wii where you'd have to get a single star in Super Mario Galaxy?
Nintendo is sitting on a goldmine with Smash really, if a company wants to partner with nintendo to make a mii fighter skin of a character in your game as a bonus for buying it on a switch. That could get people interested in buying the game on a switch.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Kinda unrelated to everything, but just earlier I had the thought of an extensive mod for X/BotW that inserts the world of one game into the other, and now I can't stop thinking about what that'd be like. Please tell me I'm not alone in thinking that that would be extremely neat

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Kinda unrelated to everything, but just earlier I had the thought of an extensive mod for X/BotW that inserts the world of one game into the other, and now I can't stop thinking about what that'd be like. Please tell me I'm not alone in thinking that that would be extremely neat
Link with guns piloting a Skell
Sounds great...
Elma stabbing a Lynel while riding a horse
even better, where do I sign up?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'm still waiting on X model swaps for Breath of the Wild. Or even just modelswaps that aren't just between party members in X. Unfortunately just like with CEMU's emulation priorities X is overshadowed by BotW in terms of modding.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD

On a related note for Elma in smash, how do you guys feel about having Elma's true form being a skin, but the only way you can unlock it would be by beating XCX when it comes to the switch? They did something like this for Rosalina when she came to mario kart wii where you'd have to get a single star in Super Mario Galaxy?
Nintendo is sitting on a goldmine with Smash really, if a company wants to partner with nintendo to make a mii fighter skin of a character in your game as a bonus for buying it on a switch. That could get people interested in buying the game on a switch.
Honestly, I'd just have it as a costume (If I remember correctly, aren't there 4 variants of her true armour in total?), even though it's technically a huge spoiler. I would say her final smash, but that should 100% be a third person barrage from her skell!

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Unlike Mario Kart, Smash doesn't have unlockable skins. And even in Mario Kart Wii that was a shortcut to have Rosalina from the get go, otherwise she was unlockable by having a star in every Mirror Cup.
Besides, Sakurai had no problem spoiling that Sheik was Zelda just a couple years after Ocarina came out, so he wouldn't have a problem with Elma's true form, especially since that would probably be her default look in X2 from the start.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Link with guns piloting a Skell
Sounds great...
Elma stabbing a Lynel while riding a horse
even better, where do I sign up?
You kinda misunderstood how I meant this. What I meant was the various continents of X with the gameplay of Breath of the Wild (and Link), and vice-versa.
Something like Link waking up in Cross' pod in Starfall Basis at the beginning, instead of the Shrine of Resurrection, things like Shrines just being dotted all over Mira (maybe in the spots where you could originally plant probes), and the enemies of BotW, like Bokblins and Moblins, populating the various Prone fortresses. From the BotW side of things, the one issue I'd say is that Link doesn't really have the means to make it to the floating islands in Primordia or Oblivia. The Divine Beasts could then be just placed on the various continents, with Vah Medoh in Sylvalum and it landing on one of the mountains there, Vah Ruta in Noctilum and it getting up to the Divine Roost after being freed, Vah Naboris in Oblivia and getting up on one of the mountains there, and lastly, Vah Rudania being up on Mount M'gando. Calamity Ganon could then just be in the Lifehold Core.
On the X side of things, Cross could be awoken by Elma in the Shrine of Resurrection. The functionality of the barracks could be relocated to either the Temple of Time or the old man's hut on the Great Plateau, with the various party members and shop functions of NLA being broken up into the various towns. For example, maybe you could only buy Skells at the two tech labs? . . .I'll admit, the X side of things is a bit harder to match up, with how it is more of a story-driven game than BotW is.

I'm still waiting on X model swaps for Breath of the Wild. Or even just modelswaps that aren't just between party members in X. Unfortunately just like with CEMU's emulation priorities X is overshadowed by BotW in terms of modding.
Which is a shame, really. But I guess modding Shrek over Hinoxes in BotW is just way more important.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
You kinda misunderstood how I meant this. What I meant was the various continents of X with the gameplay of Breath of the Wild (and Link), and vice-versa.
Something like Link waking up in Cross' pod in Starfall Basis at the beginning, instead of the Shrine of Resurrection, things like Shrines just being dotted all over Mira (maybe in the spots where you could originally plant probes), and the enemies of BotW, like Bokblins and Moblins, populating the various Prone fortresses. From the BotW side of things, the one issue I'd say is that Link doesn't really have the means to make it to the floating islands in Primordia or Oblivia. The Divine Beasts could then be just placed on the various continents, with Vah Medoh in Sylvalum and it landing on one of the mountains there, Vah Ruta in Noctilum and it getting up to the Divine Roost after being freed, Vah Naboris in Oblivia and getting up on one of the mountains there, and lastly, Vah Rudania being up on Mount M'gando. Calamity Ganon could then just be in the Lifehold Core.
On the X side of things, Cross could be awoken by Elma in the Shrine of Resurrection. The functionality of the barracks could be relocated to either the Temple of Time or the old man's hut on the Great Plateau, with the various party members and shop functions of NLA being broken up into the various towns. For example, maybe you could only buy Skells at the two tech labs? . . .I'll admit, the X side of things is a bit harder to match up, with how it is more of a story-driven game than BotW is.
So it would just be BotW in the XCX world/XCX in the BotW world? I'll admit that I'd rather see more than the map show up in this hypothetical crossover, if Link is going to be on Mira I want to see him in a more sci-fi experience with guns and cool sci-fi outfits. If Elma and Cross are going to Hyrule I'd want them to adapt to the fantasy setting as well with more appropriate weapons and gear. That's half of the fun of a crossover, to see characters in a different setting that they would normally be in.

That said it doesn't need to just be Link showing up as a guest in XCX, have Link exploring Mira in a similar way to how he explores Hyrule, just let him have cool sci-fi stuff.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Zelda crossovers, I wonder if an XCX port/XCX2 would get some sort of cameo in another big Nintendo game like Rex's outfit in BotW

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah that was really out of the blue lol maybe we'll see a XCX costume for Mario in Mario Odyssey.
Kinda feel XCX should have a cameo in an equally sci-fi setting tho

A Star Fox XCX cameo would be a bit weird tho unless it was like Ga Jiarg and Ga Buidhe

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Kinda feel XCX should have a cameo in an equally sci-fi setting tho

A Star Fox XCX cameo would be a bit weird tho unless it was like Ga Jiarg and Ga Buidhe
lol well I mean first they would have to make a Star Fox game (I kid)

But in all seriousness, yeah a costume in Mario would feel weird. But I probably would have said that about a Xenoblade costume in Zelda too so what do I know.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
lol well I mean first they would have to make a Star Fox game (I kid)

But in all seriousness, yeah a costume in Mario would feel weird. But I probably would have said that about a Xenoblade costume in Zelda too so what do I know.
XC2 is more classic fantasy so it meshes better tho imo

XCX would probably fit in seamlessly as a cameo in Metroid I’d think

and this is the part I think about Elma as a guest racer with a Verus themed machine in F-Zero SX and I crY IN A CORNER

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Unlike Mario Kart, Smash doesn't have unlockable skins. And even in Mario Kart Wii that was a shortcut to have Rosalina from the get go, otherwise she was unlockable by having a star in every Mirror Cup.
Besides, Sakurai had no problem spoiling that Sheik was Zelda just a couple years after Ocarina came out, so he wouldn't have a problem with Elma's true form, especially since that would probably be her default look in X2 from the start.
You're right on the rosalina part, but it's still something Nintendo could use to cross promotion their IP's.
Now talking about spoiler content in smash, isn't it weird that in both XC2 and smash bros XCX content is spoiler free? We only learn about characters like lin, tatsu, and lao, as well as the skells and a few continents. We dont know about the mims, the other alien races, or other characters like cross or L? For how much Sakurai spoils stuff this wasn't even close to XC1's level.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
You're right on the rosalina part, but it's still something Nintendo could use to cross promotion their IP's.
Now talking about spoiler content in smash, isn't it weird that in both XC2 and smash bros XCX content is spoiler free? We only learn about characters like lin, tatsu, and lao, as well as the skells and a few continents. We dont know about the mims, the other alien races, or other characters like cross or L? For how much Sakurai spoils stuff this wasn't even close to XC1's level.
Uhm its still a miracle Sakurai only spoiled Seven's identity of XB1 and honestly the only thing he spoiled of XB2 are all party members really. X is more ignored though, like they don't even acknowledge Cross as a spirit

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Uhm its still a miracle Sakurai only spoiled Seven's identity of XB1 and honestly the only thing he spoiled of XB2 are all party members really. X is more ignored though, like they don't even acknowledge Cross as a spirit
He also spoiled metal faces true identity ( I dont know how far in the game his identity is revealed but thanks for the spoilers Sakarai.) They didn't acknowledge cross in XC2 with Elma right, she talked about Lao and Lin though.

ZelDan

Smash Master
He also spoiled metal faces true identity ( I dont know how far in the game his identity is revealed but thanks for the spoilers Sakarai.) They didn't acknowledge cross in XC2 with Elma right, she talked about Lao and Lin though.
I recall Metal face's identity being revealed a bit more than halfway through the game I think? It was definitely far enough that spoiling it is a big deal.

Top Bottom