• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Mikazuki

Smash Cadet
I love Elma-chan. I want to give her headpats and tell her that she is a good girl. Come on, Nintendo. Elma-chan for Smash
So concerning a hypothetical XCX sequel, would you guys prefer if you played as all the same characters again or would you rather it be more like Borderlands 2 where the main characters from XCX show up as NPCs and the playable characters are new characters?
Hard to say. How would even a XCX sequel look like? Yeah, there are tons of questions left open, but the characters and the world itself are already well established. Wouldn't it be a bit boring to revisit the same conflicts and world again? In all honesty, I only need a conclusion to the story, so a port + additional story line would be a better option.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I am very conflicted on this but uh welcome to Elma gang
I'm not, they said they like Elma and want her in Smash, that's good enough for me!

I love Elma-chan. I want to give her headpats and tell her that she is a good girl. Come on, Nintendo. Elma-chan for Smash
Hard to say. How would even a XCX sequel look like? Yeah, there are tons of questions left open, but the characters and the world itself are already well established. Wouldn't it be a bit boring to revisit the same conflicts and world again? In all honesty, I only need a conclusion to the story, so a port + additional story line would be a better option.
So I haven't finished the game (new games for Christmas interrupted my latest attempt to finish it) but several games revisit characters/locations for a sequel without it being a huge problem. But off the top of my head could they discover a different part of the planet or someone else finds them or they go visit another planet?

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So concerning a hypothetical XCX sequel, would you guys prefer if you played as all the same characters again or would you rather it be more like Borderlands 2 where the main characters from XCX show up as NPCs and the playable characters are new characters?
Mmyeah, I'd also like to keep the same cast. Maybe even expand the cast a little - playable Ga Jiarg and Ga Buidhe would be nice.

I am very conflicted on this but uh welcome to Elma gang
. . .Yeah, I'm with you on that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not, they said they like Elma and want her in Smash, that's good enough for me!

So I haven't finished the game (new games for Christmas interrupted my latest attempt to finish it) but several games revisit characters/locations for a sequel without it being a huge problem. But off the top of my head could they discover a different part of the planet or someone else finds them or they go visit another planet?
I'm mainly conflicted about the uh.... headpats

D

Deleted member

"We've heard the complaints about the lack of Xenoblade Chronicles X content in the new Smash game. To satiate you loyal fans, we are selling some DLC: songs from the Xenoblade Chronicles X soundtrack! For 5.99 you can get NLA Night and NLA Night (remix) in a bundle!"

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
"We've heard the complaints about the lack of Xenoblade Chronicles X content in the new Smash game. To satiate you loyal fans, we are selling some DLC: songs from the Xenoblade Chronicles X soundtrack! For 5.99 you can get NLA Night and NLA Night (remix) in a bundle!"
*Oh and I guess we'll throw in Elma or something too

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
You almost gave me a mini heart attack when you said that. Then I read NLA and got the joke. I'm too gullable.

D

Deleted member

"We've also decided to add a beloved character from Xenoblade Chronicles X into the game as people have wanted her for a long time. That's right, Elma will be joining the fight as an Assist Trophy! I hope all of you enjoy this cameo!"

Flyboy

Smash Hero
"We've also decided to add a beloved character from Xenoblade Chronicles X into the game as people have wanted her for a long time. That's right, Elma will be joining the fight as an Assist Trophy! I hope all of you enjoy this cameo!"
BETTER THAN NOTHING

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm mainly conflicted about the uh.... headpats
I'm having more of an issue with the use of Japanese honorifics for a character that neither has much of a standard art style to them, nor is Japanese in the universe where they come from. Anime was a mistake.

"Also, to adress a perceived lack of Spirits for the Xenoblade series, we are adding in a new Spirit of a memorable and iconic character. That's right! In this upcoming Spirit Board event, you'll be able to fight the four-star Spirit, Territorial Rotbart!"
Am I doing this right
Probably not because I'd actually want that

Mikazuki

Smash Cadet
I'm having more of an issue with the use of Japanese honorifics for a character that neither has much of a standard art style to them, nor is Japanese in the universe where they come from. Anime was a mistake.
Mom, I am not weird, I swear.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
saltnsuffering.jpg

Would be my reaction if that's what happened.

...But yeah, better than...nothing.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I remember looking forward to seeing an XCX enemy in Smash Run or what background stage elements would be in an X stage way before the game was revealed at E3. Honestly I'd take spirits of Hayreddin, the Territorial at this point.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
I remember looking forward to seeing an XCX enemy in Smash Run or what background stage elements would be in an X stage way before the game was revealed at E3. Honestly I'd take spirits of Hayreddin, the Territorial at this point.
I'm honestly kind of disappointed in the spirit selection, especially from Square. They have bravely default and octopath but no spirits from them. Monolith gave us some okay spirits but they missed the mark on spirits like rotbart, and could of used shulk and fiora's blade artwork for spirits. Thank god we got girl from that one game in only Japan though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm honestly kind of disappointed in the spirit selection, especially from Square. They have bravely default and octopath but no spirits from them. Monolith gave us some okay spirits but they missed the mark on spirits like rotbart, and could of used shulk and fiora's blade artwork for spirits. Thank god we got girl from that one game in only Japan though.
Honestly I feel like the XC and XC2 spirits are fine, just add some more XCX spirits and I'll be satisfied

Seriously for a game that didn't even come out during the project plan it's wierd how many XC2 spirits there are

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I feel like the XC and XC2 spirits are fine, just add some more XCX spirits and I'll be satisfied

Seriously for a game that didn't even come out during the project plan it's wierd how many XC2 spirits there are
The XC2 content was made to appease Rex fans because Sakurai couldn't add him in time for DLC. For that, they gave them a good number of spirits, as well as a few battle tracks and the Rex plus Nia mii costume.

D

Deleted member

The XC2 content was made to appease Rex fans because Sakurai couldn't add him in time for DLC. For that, they gave them a good number of spirits, as well as a few battle tracks and the Rex plus Nia mii costume.
No that's more then fair, but as a supporter of both Rex and Elma it's gonna feel kinda weird that there's this much representation of XC2 for Rex fans but basically nothing for Elma fans if she doesn't get in. Like I get that compared to XC2 XCX isn't that popular, bit they could at least throw X fans a bone.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No that's more then fair, but as a supporter of both Rex and Elma it's gonna feel kinda weird that there's this much representation of XC2 for Rex fans but basically nothing for Elma fans if she doesn't get in. Like I get that compared to XC2 XCX isn't that popular, bit they could at least throw X fans a bone.
Spirits were mostly handled by a different team, so there's a fair bit of oversights like that, such as Lulu and Amp-13 not getting any representation whatsoever despite the Gold artwork being used by WW regulars, the Ice Climber spirits not making use of any of their official artwork, Professor Hector from the ROB games not being in at all, no Pilotwings character spirits and Pro Wrestling having absolutely nothing outside of a song being in a medley.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
So with a rumored Direct coming possibly this week, who wants to bite the bullet and bet money we don't get any XCX/XCX2 news so that it will happen?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean if ANYTHING we'd get an XCX port before XCX2. Or even, have the XCX2 content be DLC for the port, so there's no need to make a separate game with new assets. Just pop in a new continent, new enemies, more dialogue and quests and chapters and the level 100 Yggralith Tyrant please Monolith and we're good to go

but dammit...i think after some stressful recent events, imma have to hype irresponsibly, i cant help it D:

D

Deleted member

So with a rumored Direct coming possibly this week, who wants to bite the bullet and bet money we don't get any XCX/XCX2 news so that it will happen?
It's so unlikely that if we get any Xenoblade info in a direct this week I will change my pfp to weird furry **** for a whole month, count on it

xcx port please mr monolith soft i beg of you

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
It's so unlikely that if we get any Xenoblade info in a direct this week I will change my pfp to weird furry **** for a whole month, count on it

xcx port please mr monolith soft i beg of you
haha yeah it doesn't seem terribly likely at this point, honestly at this point even a direct is feeling a little unlikely.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Mmyeah, I'm not counting on anything relating to Xenoblade happening in a January Direct. Maybe in March/April. After all, the next upcoming DLC character is "Brave", and they surely wouldn't announce the X port without also announcing Elma as Smash DLC. =V

D

Deleted member

Mmyeah, I'm not counting on anything relating to Xenoblade happening in a January Direct. Maybe in March/April. After all, the next upcoming DLC character is "Brave", and they surely wouldn't announce the X port without also announcing Elma as Smash DLC. =V
TBH if they reveal an X port and it isn't followed/preceded by an Elma Smash reveal, I'll be a little worried.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
TBH if they reveal an X port and it isn't followed/preceded by an Elma Smash reveal, I'll be a little worried.
Come to think of it though, our big open questions - Sawano's secret project last year and Caitlin Glass' NDA role - haven't been answered yet, have they?

D

Deleted member

Come to think of it though, our big open questions - Sawano's secret project last year and Caitlin Glass' NDA role - haven't been answered yet, have they?
An enhanced X port for Switch with added content and songs? A man can but only dream...

It would be sick af tho

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I'm predicting an XCX port reveal alongside an Elma Smash reveal, in a direct that will happen on Thursday 17th.
Can't top this prediction.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'm predicting an XCX port reveal alongside an Elma Smash reveal, in a direct that will happen on Thursday 17th.
Can't top this prediction.
I’m not bashing your prediction when I say this, but wouldn’t a Direct on that day be, I dunno, harmful? Since there’s the Mortal Kombat 11 Community Reveal and all...just curious.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I’m not bashing your prediction when I say this, but wouldn’t a Direct on that day be, I dunno, harmful? Since there’s the Mortal Kombat 11 Community Reveal and all...just curious.
I'm just messing around. In reality I'm not expecting anything; I don't really keep track of when Nintendo likes to do Directs, even.
That's some solid reasoning for not having one on that day though; I didn't know about the MK reveal.

I kinda just wanna see new stuff announced and an XCX port would be dope.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Unpopular opinion:
I dont think we'll get a direct this month, and if we did I dont think we'll get any news on smash other than mii fighter skins.

D

Deleted member

Unpopular opinion:
I dont think we'll get a direct this month, and if we did I dont think we'll get any news on smash other than mii fighter skins.
Considering that Piranha Plant is supposed to release in February, I would also expect a release date for it as well.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Considering that Piranha Plant is supposed to release in February, I would also expect a release date for it as well.
I cant believe I forgot piranha plant if I could double down on my speculation I would also say gameplay plus release date for Joker.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Guessing that there'll be a Direct AND any X news? That's bold. One or the other is more likely. ...Like an X port being announced on a Direct that doesn't happen. Yeah, that sounds most likely to me.

I guess to tie this back to Smash, anyone made or seen any good XCX Mii Fighters?

Mistaros

Smash Cadet
If a XCX port is announced and not followed by elma in smash, I think she is dead for this smash bros and I will cry all the tears from my body...
I think we'll get a nintendo direct not this week, but the next one with footage from piranha, release date for plant and the 30 seconds trailer gameplay for joker.

Concerning the brave character, I hope it's not a bravely default one, I didn't like the first one and didn't bother with second.
DQ is legitimate for smash so why not, even if I know some people doesn't like talking about legitimacy for character.
Even if I prefer random picks sometimes, that's because I have weird wanted newcomers XD

As of now, joker and DQ character will not make me buy the season pass.

Top Bottom