• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Well, I did hear someone say it could be a Bravely Default character, but I can't think of a reason why they would add one.
There is also speculation about it being Yuri from the Tales series or even referencing the Brave fighting style from Monster Hunter.

Obviously Erdrick seems most likely but there are enough other options for me to keep from going all in on him (well that and blind hope its actually Monster Hunter)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
In one of the other threads they were speculating what would happen if "brave" was for Joker and who "jack" would end up being then.
IDK, I haven't played P5 yet but I don't think there really is somethibg that would make Joker warrant of the codename Brave, at least not more than other JRPGs characters. Going with that most characters would fit into the "Brave" name. Besides, Jack was in the code since release, so it likely referso to him since he was planned to be the forst developed one (and by looking at the stat Jack has they fit the type of fighter Joker will be, fast but light, unlike Brave who is more comparable to Link in speed and weight).
TBH I've already accepted that Brave is Erdrik, so I'm not expecting ti see anyone else on that slot. But I can't wait to see the next codenames that will inevitably be released alongside Joker (maybe even Piranha Plant).

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
IDK, I haven't played P5 yet but I don't think there really is somethibg that would make Joker warrant of the codename Brave, at least not more than other JRPGs characters. Going with that most characters would fit into the "Brave" name. Besides, Jack was in the code since release, so it likely referso to him since he was planned to be the forst developed one (and by looking at the stat Jack has they fit the type of fighter Joker will be, fast but light, unlike Brave who is more comparable to Link in speed and weight).
TBH I've already accepted that Brave is Erdrik, so I'm not expecting ti see anyone else on that slot. But I can't wait to see the next codenames that will inevitably be released alongside Joker (maybe even Piranha Plant).
Oh I agree, I think it was meant more in a huge curveball kind of joking way.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well, I did hear someone say it could be a Bravely Default character, but I can't think of a reason why they would add one.
Well, Bravely Default was a pretty big success, it already had a sequel, the team's most recent project, Octopath Traveler, was also a huge hit on Switch, and they've all been exclusive to Nintendo consoles. And I seem to remember Nintendo publishing at least one of them? At any rate, there'd be reason enough to pick them, considering that a third game in the Bravely series is pretty likely to happen.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Well, Bravely Default was a pretty big success, it already had a sequel, the team's most recent project, Octopath Traveler, was also a huge hit on Switch, and they've all been exclusive to Nintendo consoles. And I seem to remember Nintendo publishing at least one of them? At any rate, there'd be reason enough to pick them, considering that a third game in the Bravely series is pretty likely to happen.
didn't the creator just post that they're working on something? I thought I saw that in another thread.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
didn't the creator just post that they're working on something? I thought I saw that in another thread.
Yes, yes they did.

Not confirmed to be Bravely Third yet...
But it's probably Bravely Third.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I can see Brave being more Agnès or any other BD character instead of Yuri Lowell, if it’s not Erdrick. The BD models in game are pretty short (the FMV versions of the characters don’t count) and they don’t exactly run fast either

D

Deleted member

I can see Brave being more Agnès or any other BD character instead of Yuri Lowell, if it’s not Erdrick. The BD models in game are pretty short (the FMV versions of the characters don’t count) and they don’t exactly run fast either
I would call Elma pretty brave, I mean it takes a lotta bravery to fly a Skell... :4pacman:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Heh, it could possibly even be everyone from the first game - Agnés, Tiz, Edea and Ringabel. With the game's class system, they all essentially share their movesets with one another, anyway, and their physiques are similar enough if they stick with the BD art style.
. . .God damn it, now I actually want that. Anyone know if there's any kind of Bravely Default support thread?

I would call Elma pretty brave, I mean it takes a lotta bravery to fly a Skell... :4pacman:
I mean, it does, but Elma is anything but slow and small. Remember, thanks to Xenoblade 2, we already know that she's easily around 180cm to 185cm tall. I'm too lazy to convert this into this impractical other length measurement system, so no feet for you

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Heh, it could possibly even be everyone from the first game - Agnés, Tiz, Edea and Ringabel. With the game's class system, they all essentially share their movesets with one another, anyway, and their physiques are similar enough if they stick with the BD art style.
. . .God damn it, now I actually want that. Anyone know if there's any kind of Bravely Default support thread?

I mean, it does, but Elma is anything but slow and small. I mean, thanks to Xenoblade 2, we already know that she's easily around 180ccm to 185m tall. I'm too lazy to convert this into this impractical other length measurement system, so no feet for you
Yeah I definitely envision Elma as more like a Roy/Chrom type character in terms of stats

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Isn't that the the same logic being used by the Porky Minch fans? (I'd explain the reference, but I don't want to spoil Mother 3).
I think someone made an Agnes support thread after that one leak. Haven't seen it in a while, though.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Seems a bit too broad for me - especially since my idea was essentially all four characters as one slot, with each of them being one alternate costume with one alt. Kinda like Bowser Jr./Koopalings with half the characters, essentially. That, and I'd prefer Edea over Agnés and Tiz lmao.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Seems a bit too broad for me - especially since my idea was essentially all four characters as one slot, with each of them being one alternate costume with one alt. Kinda like Bowser Jr./Koopalings with half the characters, essentially. That, and I'd prefer Edea over Agnés and Tiz lmao.
You could actually get away with doing that, especially if you go with the chibi designs, since they are more consistent in size and shape, and you can make a moveset for all 4 characters into 1 w/ the class system, like you mentioned before.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
People, the Brave character will clearly be this:

tumblr_p840yg6HNN1qbswbho1_r1_1280.jpg

Nah, I'm only joking. I'm disappointed that no one else thought about doing this joke though.

Anyway, I'm fairly certain it'll be Erdrick. BD seems a little too on the nose, if you ask me.

KatKit

Smash Lord
People in the DLC speculation thread mentioned Brave having weird sliding properties. "What character slides around? Who's even known for sliding?", they ponder. And I'm all like: Sliding Slinger.

Interestingly enough, Elma gives a speech about Bravery in chapter 8, IIRC. I'm sure there's a video of it but I can't post links on the PSVita lol. I don't think Brave is her, but it'd be both awesome and hilarious if it was.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
People in the DLC speculation thread mentioned Brave having weird sliding properties. "What character slides around? Who's even known for sliding?", they ponder. And I'm all like: Sliding Slinger.

Inerestingly enough, Elma gives a speech about Bravery in chapter 8, IIRC. I'm sure there's a video of it but I can't post links on the PSVita lol. I don't think Brave is her, but it'd be both awesome and hilarious if it was.
That would be a unique gimmick if every time she went to stop she did Sliding Slinger lol

D

Deleted member

That would be a unique gimmick if every time she went to stop she did Sliding Slinger lol
I just want people to remember that P L A N T was changed a crazy amount in the space of one patch. The sliding could be unintentional for all we know, and might even be gone in like a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I just want people to remember that P L A N T was changed a crazy amount in the space one patch. The sliding could be unintentional for all we know, and might even be gone in like a month.
that's fair but unless they purposefully put in bad data at the start its not like what's in there lines up with Erdrick that much even if its just beta numbers. I still think Slime is the sleeper pick here.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Calamitas Calamitas I actually thought the same thing about the BD characters; having them as a 4-in-1, then each of them having an alternate costume representing one of the jobs. That would be freaken amazing

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Calamitas Calamitas I actually thought the same thing about the BD characters; having them as a 4-in-1, then each of them having an alternate costume representing one of the jobs. That would be freaken amazing
And maybe their move set could take one ability from each job.

That only raises the question of what their final smash will be...

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Or they could just have their designs from Second as alternate costume, even if that would inevitably lead to some spoilers for a certain one of them.

And maybe their move set could take one ability from each job.

That only raises the question of what their final smash will be...
Remember, every party member in BD gets some customizable special moves. Those could rather easily be used.

. . .God, there really isn't much discuss about Xenoblade Chronicles X these days. . . uh, might be a good enough time to mention that I started writing the script for an overly long YouTube video essay about why the series in general is great? Though I'll admittedly still talk negatively about 2 because f*** it I'll never like that game

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Or they could just have their designs from Second as alternate costume, even if that would inevitably lead to some spoilers for a certain one of them.

Remember, every party member in BD gets some customizable special moves. Those could rather easily be used.

. . .God, there really isn't much discuss about Xenoblade Chronicles X these days. . . uh, might be a good enough time to mention that I started writing the script for an overly long YouTube video essay about why the series in general is great? Though I'll admittedly still talk negatively about 2 because f*** it I'll never like that game
That's fine, character threads tend to go off-topic anyway.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
well, if anything

if there IS a Xenoblade Chronicles X Ultimate port for Switch, I'd like to see a level 100 Tyrant

yes, y'all heard me

and it fights in phases a la Telethia the Endbringer instead of pulling cheap tricks like most other superbosses

and i'm thinking maybe playing the Yggralith Zero theme??

yes, I refer to an actual Yggralith tyrant based off Yggralith Zero, not that cheap one hit kill bull**** Pharsis. pls. PLS.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
well, if anything

if there IS a Xenoblade Chronicles X Ultimate port for Switch, I'd like to see a level 100 Tyrant

yes, y'all heard me

and it fights in phases a la Telethia the Endbringer instead of pulling cheap tricks like most other superbosses

and i'm thinking maybe playing the Yggralith Zero theme??

yes, I refer to an actual Yggralith tyrant based off Yggralith Zero, not that cheap one hit kill bull**** Pharsis. pls. PLS.
Just add in a super boss that's
A 500 foot tall Alvis that also doubles as the Zohar/Conduit/Trinity Processor to connect everything
I feel like that'd be the best way to add new content.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just add in a super boss that's
A 500 foot tall Alvis that also doubles as the Zohar/Conduit/Trinity Processor to connect everything
I feel like that'd be the best way to add new content.
the superboss is alvis who got gains

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Not very the main topic but are you guys hype for Daemon X Machina?
I've seen some footage of the game at Gamescom and it looks quite interesting. I hope to hear more about it in the next Direct.

D

Deleted member

Hello everyone! I think it would be cool for Elma to be playable. I support!

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
So concerning a hypothetical XCX sequel, would you guys prefer if you played as all the same characters again or would you rather it be more like Borderlands 2 where the main characters from XCX show up as NPCs and the playable characters are new characters?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
So concerning a hypothetical XCX sequel, would you guys prefer if you played as all the same characters again or would you rather it be more like Borderlands 2 where the main characters from XCX show up as NPCs and the playable characters are new characters?
I would prefer to have the X 1 cast be playable, or at the very least Elma and Lin. The others might work as NPCs or late game unlockable characters, but at the same time my vision for X 2 has the same cast so I don't really know.

Top Bottom