• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see you're all still being optimistic about Elma's chances, but at the same willing to accept things if she doesn't get in. After all, that's why you want her in in the first place: As people who love her character and/or her game of origin. I may not be familiar with Xenoblade in general, but I am definitely rooting for you guys to get your character in.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Glad to see you're all still being optimistic about Elma's chances, but at the same willing to accept things if she doesn't get in. After all, that's why you want her in in the first place: As people who love her character and/or her game of origin. I may not be familiar with Xenoblade in general, but I am definitely rooting for you guys to get your character in.
Y'know, I realize that saying this goes against what you're praising people here for, but. . . if by the end of Ultimate's DLC there still isn't any more content from X, I'm gonna be pissed, not gonna lie.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, I realize that saying this goes against what you're praising people here for, but. . . if by the end of Ultimate's DLC there still isn't any more content from X, I'm gonna be pissed, not gonna lie.
Honestly yeah, as much as I love XC2 I hate how XCX is COMPLETELY passed over in favor of it. Like, I would MAYBE understand if the music was some sort of crazy licensing issue or something (which it probably isn't, and even if it was it's still a dumb excuse, XCX's soundtrack is literally god-tier and is worth every penny. Sawano is a god amongst mortals) but only 3 Spirits!? That's like literally the easiest way to rep a game, just throw a handful of jpgs in and your all set. I really hope they're just saving Elma for DLC.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Honestly yeah, as much as I love XC2 I hate how XCX is COMPLETELY passed over in favor of it. Like, I would MAYBE understand if the music was some sort of crazy licensing issue or something (which it probably isn't, and even if it was it's still a dumb excuse, XCX's soundtrack is literally god-tier and is worth every penny. Sawano is a god amongst mortals) but only 3 Spirits!? That's like literally the easiest way to rep a game, just throw a handful of jpgs in and your all set. I really hope they're just saving Elma for DLC.
Five Spirits, actually. Elma, Lin, Tatsu, Lao and the Formula Skell. Still nowhere near enough content, though.

D

Deleted member

Five Spirits, actually. Elma, Lin, Tatsu, Lao and the Formula Skell. Still nowhere near enough content, though.
For a game that didn't even come out before the project plan, XC2 has 7 spirits, 3 songs, and 2 mii fighter outfits (and an entire section of a direct dedicated to it). Like, I'm not trying to argue that one game deserves more rep then the other, but XCX was literally extremely relevant during the project plan and only has 5 spirits. Only 5. Like, I know XCX wasn't as popular as XC2, but really? I hope this isn't just because they want to promote XC2 and not XCX as an XCX port apparently isn't in the works. If that's the reason, I'll be peeved. Games waaaay older and much more irrelevant then XCX have more rep then XCX does. It's kinda insulting at this point. I just hope they're saving SOMETHING for DLC. /rant

Last edited by a moderator:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys I posted this in the Isaac thread cause we got an online icon (for Smash), but I realized that there's no XCX icons here, in the Xenoblade section.
Which is a bit weird, honestly.

5th row from the bottom.

D

Deleted member

Hey, guys I posted this in the Isaac thread cause we got an online icon (for Smash), but I realized that there's no XCX icons here, in the Xenoblade section.

5th row from the bottom.

Yep. This may or may not be a good thing for us, considering they might be saving it for DLC. They might also just have shunted XCX entirely. We won't know until February at the latest, so there's no point stressing.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I think when the game comes out it might be a good idea to post on social media how you're disappointed about the lack of X content. We know that they can add things in patches and it might be a good way to show support for the game. There's no point doing before the game comes out (firstly; because it'd imply illegal doings by having access to the game files before the game is out and secondly; there is a chance an early patch will add more content) but I think it's worth doing.

edit: examples like screenshots of the XCX spirits that list them as being from "the Xenoblade Chronicles" series or the music list on Gaur Plains might be good material

Last edited:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Yeah

Just try to not look like a bunch of crybabies. There's a difference between showing support and spamming Elma everywhere even when this is not the good place.

I also think there is a big lack of XCX content. Where is the musics? I mean X is without a doubt the biggest and most ambitious game of the WiiU era (except BOTW). It hurts to see that Codename: Steam has 4 tracks in the game (yeah 3 are FE remix but aniway) when its a more obscure game than X.

Last edited:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Aniway I hope you are as much excited for Ultimate than I am. Unfortunatelly I don't think I will get the game Friday. I have University's works to do until the 13.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Okay maybe I was generalizing too much, seeing as some people here are bummed about the lack of XCX references yet XC2 gets way more than them just cause it's more relevant and well-known. Now I really hope more that you guys get vindicated by having Elma as DLC.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman

5th row from the bottom.

Big missed opportunity with Metalface's face as an icon, because his face is extremely menacing up close. Instead they did a full body image that doesn't give any detail for the small pic.

I am still hoping for Elmas inclusion for dlc.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Tomorrow is finally the day, or tonight if you're going to an early launch event like I am. So, just out of curiosity, who are guys excited to play with in the (hopefully temporary) absence of Elma?

My girl Palutena is looking a lot better, and I've wanted Chrom for a long time, and it'll take more than a questionable recovery to make me drop him. Inkling and Simon are definitely the newcomers I'm looking forward to the most, and I'm excited to see how Wolf is compared to his Brawl incarnation.

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow is finally the day, or tonight if you're going to an early launch event like I am. So, just out of curiosity, who are guys excited to play with in the (hopefully temporary) absence of Elma?

My girl Palutena is looking a lot better, and I've wanted Chrom for a long time, and it'll take more than a questionable recovery to make me drop him. Inkling and Simon are definitely the newcomers I'm looking forward to the most, and I'm excited to see how Wolf is compared to his Brawl incarnation.
Check your watch

NOW IT'S SHULK TIME

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Gotta be my boy ROB! My main since Brawl! However, I'm super excited for Richter as well. I LOVE Castlevania and he's my favorite Belmont.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

My all time fav, Corrin still looks fun to use, and I'm pretty excited to try out Incineroar as well. I chose Litten as my starter in Sun and Moon, so I do have some personal attachments to the character...

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Ganondorf looks really good to me, but that’s to be expected since I played Ganondorf during the Sm4sh days.

I’m completely torn between Ridley, Incineroar and K. Rool right now. On one hand, Ridley has a killer Final Smash and a wicked Side B, but Incineroar looks so energetic and bursting with personality and that Kannonball Kill against Snake really piqued my interest in K. Rool. So in short, I don’t know which of the three to play.

D

Deleted member

See, I have one HUGE problem that makes me not want Elma in Smash...

It's gonna be hard to choose between her and Shulk :p

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So, since we'll know for certain tomorrow. . . anyone want to make any guesses as to which characters is gonna represent Lao, Tatsu and the Skell for their Spirit battles? I'm betting on Chrom, Pikachu and R.O.B., respectively.

Definitely Shulk, as well as my other previously most played characters, like Link, Ike, Robin and Lucina/Marth. For newcomers, I basically want to try out everyone, but Inkling especially.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Isn’t the Game Awards tonight? Think there’ll be some kind of Smash announcement?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

See my signature...
Isn’t the Game Awards tonight? Think there’ll be some kind of Smash announcement?
I'm not expecting anything more than a (probably glorified) reminder that the game's releasing in a few hours, and maybe a proper release date for Piranha Plant.

While I don't rule out the possibility of them showing off the first DLC fighter from the Fighter's Pass. But I think its a bit too soon still to show off anything significant.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Oh I have waaay too many characters that I want to play. Mah Boi Snake that is finally back, my mains from Smash For (Lucina, Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Olimar), but I can't wait to try Palutena again since I LOVE HER but I couldn't stand her Smash For moveset.
Speaking of newcomers the most interesting for me are Simon and King K. Rool, but I also can't wait to try Chrom and Dark Samus who look very interesting.
And this is all without even bringing out the Plant...

Yep, it's tonight. But personally I'm not expecting ti hear about Smash DLC. It just feels too soon with Piranha Plant not being out yet,

For the announcments I've seen some rumblings about Metroid Prime 4, and I hope that is the case.
Or a Xenoblade X 2 alongside X port. I would take that too.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
I'm really excited for King K Rool! I absolutely love donkey kong Country and I was a big supporter of King K Rool! I also voted for him in the ballot

Other than that Duck Hunt Duo and ROB were my mains in Smash For.

Probably not. Metroid Prime 4 is in my opinion the most possible thing.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I've unlocked Tatsu and Lin so far! Lao, Elma and Formula nowhere to be seen.

Oh and I guess some characters like K. Rool and Snake may have been unlocked. Only K. Rool has me at Elma-levels of excited though.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Well, I definitely wasn't expecting Joker to be here. I'm indifferent, since I've never played a Persona game, but I think it serves as a good statement of intention that literally anyone can be here.

One other thing, they specifically listed this as DLC pack 1, so there may actually be a pack 2, something that I want expecting.

Edit: Disregard second paragraph, I misunderstood.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the spoiler probably isn't necessary, but... *shrug*

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
One other thing, they specifically listed this as DLC pack 1, so there may actually be a pack 2, something that I want expecting.
They announced in the direct there would be five packs"

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
I love Persona 5 and the soundtrack is godlike! I'm just afraid that all the DLC are going to be third parties.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
As I said in the Isaac thread, my predictions on what Nintendo want as DLC have been narrowed to two options:

- More series in general
- More 3rd parties to make it an even bigger-looking crossover

If it's the first, things could be looking good for Elma (and other Nintendo series with no playable reps), but that depends on whether they think X is separate series from 1 & 2.

I'm gonna be honest and say that with who they revealed, I have lost a bit of hope for Elma, just because this was so unexpected; I could see them just wanting to expand their 'biggest crossover' tag by snagging more 3rd parties.

I wanna hear your thoughts on this, guys.

Also not taking away from the reveal; it got me hype as hell.
Also Labrys spirit pls (^:

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
As I said in the Isaac thread, my predictions on what Nintendo want as DLC have been narrowed to two options:

- More series in general
- More 3rd parties to make it an even bigger-looking crossover

If it's the first, things could be looking good for Elma (and other Nintendo series with no playable reps), but that depends on whether they think X is separate series from 1 & 2.

I'm gonna be honest and say that with who they revealed, I have lost a bit of hope for Elma, just because this was so unexpected; I could see them just wanting to expand their 'biggest crossover' tag by snagging more 3rd parties.

I wanna hear your thoughts on this, guys.

Also not taking away from the reveal; it got me hype as hell.
Also Labrys spirit pls (^:
Reggie did seem to stress the importance of characters that you wouldn't expect. Could potentially be bad news for Elma, but only Daddy Sakurai knows for sure.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Yeah It kind of smells bad for Elma right now. Her chances are lower than ever. But hey don't lose hope until the end

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I think Elma's chances are dead in the water, as are just about most first party characters to be honest. I just wish X at least got a footnote in Smash instead of being grouped in as part of the 'Xenoblade Chronicles" series. Just add one more game entry tag and associate the 5 X spirits to it, jeez louise.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm still not giving up on Elma. X was for some reason overlooked in the base game, and Smash Announcments usually start as super hype inducing then they slow down. Ultimate started with Inkling, Ridley, Simon and King K Rool and ended with Isabelle, Ken andd Incineoroar. Smash For DLC started with Mewtwo, the most requested character, and then went into Roy, Lucas, Corrin and arguably even Ryu and Bayonetta, who all had a minor impact (the only one who matched was Cloud IMO).
We can still see more lesser first parties in the DLC.
Remember that they had to use a big gun for the Game Awards.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I see but its hard to be positive. Thats mostly why I'm not sure if I'm happy or not with the inclusion of Joker haha. I also think people will have too much expectation after Joker for an unknown character like Elma to be revealed.

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
I'm downloading Smash right now, and I just have to say that Elma's chances are low, but not gone. Also, JOKER'S ****ING IN YES

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Until we get XCX music in smash bros I'm not giving up hope for an XCX character in smash. The moment they patch the music into Smash I'll give up hope. That being said, what if Cross gets in over Elma? While Elma is more popular, it wouldn't be unheard of for Nintendo to add the created character over a fan favorite. Plus Elma does have a spirit, but Cross doesn't.

And I know many people are gonna say "Spirits don't deconfirm a character." Spirits are not the same as trophies. How we get them are different from trophies in the other games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom