• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well since the Game Awards are in about a week, what are you guys hoping to see get announced (whether it's Smash related or not)?
Ideally, Takahashi would appear on stage and publicly dennounce XBC2 as a mistake a Switch port of X, Skyward Sword HD, and Elma as Smash DLC. I honestly wouldn't need much more than that.
. . .Which of course implies that that alone wouldn't already be much, lol.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Well since the Game Awards are in about a week, what are you guys hoping to see get announced (whether it's Smash related or not)?

I'm personally hoping for a Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster (maybe some info on Prime 4 as well) and a Xenosaga trilogy remaster (if my profile pick didn't give that away).
I definitely expect Metroid Prime 4 (In fact, I thought of an idea that Samus was stranded on an open planet uncharted by even the Federation, and that she had to find the stuff needed to repair her ship. To go with the uncharted planet theme I called it Metroid Prime 4: Undiscovered), a sneak peak at Smash DLC and maybe even something out of the blue. I don’t know what it will be, but thinking about it, that would be the thrill of it, not knowing.

EDIT: Maybe even that X port thrown around on this thread.

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Realistically, I'm hoping for a Metroid Prime Trilogy Remaster, Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, or Smash DLC (specifically Elma, obviously). Any combo of those would be cool. (Also Square pls bring the Avengers game to the Switch. I need that in my life yesterday)

Dreams would have to be an X port, Remaster of the original, Pikmin 4, a new F-Zero, Super Mario RPG 2, Banjo 3, Mother 3, Pokémon Platinum remake, Skyward Sword HD, a new Pokémon Ranger, a Waluigi game, and whatever else they want to throw at me. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
An X port being announced wouldn't be totally out of place since at least X was nominated for RPG GOTY back in 2016. "Witness the game that lost to The Witcher's DLC, on Switch!".

KatKit

Smash Lord
I feel like I'm the only person in this thread anticipating some Daemon X Machina news during the Game Awards. Giant robots, customizable pilots, and it has the letter 'X' in the title, and yet no mention in sight. I know it's a different genre (like a love child of Armored Core and Bayonetta), but still...

Mistaros

Smash Cadet
For the game awards I'm expecting something like last year port+sequel+reggie doing the same joke as last year
So :
- MP trilogy on switch + MP4
- or XenoX + XenoX2
Bayo3 would be cool

And Elma as dlc is great too don't restrain yourself reggie :)

Shenryu64

Smash Rookie
It seems that there's a equippable spirit of Pikachu if you have Let's Go in your Switch, so it's possible that the spirit desconfirmation theory is debunked if I'm understanding it right.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'm guessing the kanji in commas just says "Let's Go" or something. Of course the OBVIOUS solution to the spirit/fighter kerfuffle is just putting something in brackets if they want to add a Spirited character as playable but it's nice to see proof that they would do such a thing.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It seems that there's a equippable spirit of Pikachu if you have Let's Go in your Switch, so it's possible that the spirit desconfirmation theory is debunked if I'm understanding it right.
Elma has more than one piece of official artwork, right? If so, that's definitely a good sign...

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
X used renders instead of drawn art for it's promo artwork, so that's what Spirits uses. There's still two other renders they put out for Elma and her XB2 Blade artwork.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
This more fuels spirits deconfirming, because these 2 spirits are handled the same way how other alternate forms of characters are handled in the basegame.

The names of these spirits are "Partner Pikachu" and "Partner Eevee", so they are handled the same naming wise like how Samus, Link, Mario's alternate spirits are named on the power ups they portray in that spirit, but not the real character

If the spirit was called just "Pikachu", then we would have a major breakthrough, but sadly we still need to wait on how Pirahna Plants fighter spirit will be handled, because Pirahna Plant imo will make or break this theory

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Elma has more than one piece of official artwork, right? If so, that's definitely a good sign...
She had two artworks for XCX, one with her guns (which is the one used for the Spirit) and one were she has no weapons. Plus we also have the XC2 artwork, as well as a spoiler one.
Also EVA from Metal Gear Solid 3's Spirit is from a screenshot of a cutscene were they edited out the background, so they aren't even restricted to just artworks.

Also the recent announcment of new Spirits for Let's Go makes me think: what if Nintendo is going to release free Spirits in order to promotte their new games rather than forcing in as the DLC Fighters? Imagine that rather than having a Three Houses rep we get like, 10 or so new Spirits based on the main characters, that would work just as well. And it isn't out of the real of possibility since Sakurai did state that he considered the Inkling Mii Costume as promotion for Splatoon 1.

This more fuels spirits deconfirming, because these 2 spirits are handled the same way how other alternate forms of characters are handled in the basegame.

The names of these spirits are "Partner Pikachu" and "Partner Eevee", so they are handled the same naming wise like how Samus, Link, Mario's alternate spirits are named on the power ups they portray in that spirit, but not the real character

If the spirit was called just "Pikachu", then we would have a major breakthrough, but sadly we still need to wait on how Pirahna Plants fighter spirit will be handled, because Pirahna Plant imo will make or break this theory
But they aren't just a Pikachu and a Eevee, they are the Partner from Let's Go. Simply calling them Pikachu and Eevee would have been like calling Bandana Dee just Waddle Dee, which is innacurate. So that example really doesn't help the case for Spirits deconfirming characters.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well then, I said a couple of days that I was thinking about redoing some of my palette swap mock-ups, and here's the result of that:

ElmaPaletteLinC.png

ElmaPaletteTatsuC.png

ElmaPaletteLC.png

ElmaPaletteFioraC.png

I still don't think they're perfect, since the transparency on the original image wasn't the greatest, but I'm happier with these than I was with my last attempt. I also threw in a palette swap based on a certain possible Echo Fighter not from X, in addition to the swaps based on Lin, Tatsu and L that I already did last time.

Now let's just hope that Smash Boards actually properly displays these images. . .

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Got two more!

ElmaPaletteFCrossC.png
ElmaPaletteMCrossC.png

That's probably about it, though. I just really can't think of any characters from X with a colour palette that would be distinct enough to use. Though I am open for any further suggestions on palettes.

Last edited:

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice
I heard talks of Lloyd Irving being DLC. I do think Bandai Namco will be adding another of their characters... If this is happening, would it reduce Elma's chances? He is also a JRPG protagonist with dual swords and a red outfit. They don't have many similarities beyond that so maybe it doesn't matter, but I could see Sakurai possibly hesitating to add both of them in the same DLC pass. Some people complain about having too many "anime" characters.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
I heard talks of Lloyd Irving being DLC. I do think Bandai Namco will be adding another of their characters... If this is happening, would it reduce Elma's chances? He is also a JRPG protagonist with dual swords and a red outfit. They don't have many similarities beyond that so maybe it doesn't matter, but I could see Sakurai possibly hesitating to add both of them in the same DLC pass. Some people complain about having too many "anime" characters.
Eh. I think she's different enough. Lloyd is a typical JRPG protagonist, with the only real standout features (based on appearance) are his dual swords and outfit. For Elma, she not only switches between swords and guns, but she's also a woman. Not to mention, a woman of color, so that alone makes her stand out compared to other "anime-swordsmen". Plus, she also uses a mech and is overall very different. It honestly has no bearing on her chances for me personally.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Similarity didn't stop him from adding manly humanoid characters, two of which from Fire Emblem, as DLC in Smash For.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'll be worrying about that once he's actually officially confirmed.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The first week I spent playing XCX is something I won't soon forget. Hoping we get a follow up sooner rather then later.

#Elma4Smash

Smash Cadet
This game is very special to me, there is nothing like it, and even if it doesnt get a port, a sequel or whatever i'll definetly remember it forever for how beautiful every second i spent in it was, and how it helped me in the time of my life when i needed it the most, happy birthday Xenoblade Chronicles X!

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Happy 3rd birthday Xenoblade X. You made me fall in love were Final Fantasy, Mario RPG, Dragon Quest and even the original failed: made me fall in love with JRPGs and appreciate create OP builds.
Your world was great to explore and your characters, Elma in particular, all left a big impression on me.
I really hope to see you again, either in Smash, in a sequel or even better both.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Me this morning:

It sucks that Elma isn't in the base game, but I'm still hyped because Smash is Smash lol.

Also, I can't believe it's been 3 years since X came out. Gosh, time flies. Here's hoping for a Switch port next year (that saves data for an X2 sequel so your decisions carry over). A gal can dream, darn it!

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I myself didn't actually even get X on the day of its release, since I wanted to wait until my birthday. . . six days before Christmas Eve. Those were some annoying two weeks, let me tell you.
Though I ironically didn't even initially like the game that much until I replayed it earlier this year, which made me appreciate the game a whole lot more, especially in contrast to 2.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Happy birthday to the game I haven't played yet but really want to play so let's hope Nintendo/Monolith realize we want this a lot so they finally decide to make the Switch port.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I also wish XCX a happy birthday.

Probably my favourite game on the Wii U behind only Smash (and arguably BotW as well even though I played the Switch version).

Spent many hours traversing the beauty of Mira! Such an underrated game!
Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-29.jpg

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Happy birthday, Xenocross.

You gave me wonderful worlds and characters I ache to see again. One of the Wii U's shining gems and I am begging for a port just so people can give it another shot and meet the world it gave us.

Also maybe if more people play it we will get more Irina/Elma shipping content because I crave that angst

Top Bottom