• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

NathanEshwar

Smash Rookie
Made another Elma Smashified. This time its an improvement of my last one I did on this thread.
I used Autodesk Maya, 3ds, Photoshop, After Effects to do this Smashified, in addition I used Arnold Rendering Software. I took notes from critics of my last smashified, in regards to pose and such, as to what she would look like for her Smash Render.
Well here it is.
Give me your thoughts below. Im currently working on Incineroar, Rex/Pyra, and Banjo and Kazooie.

In case you guys want a PNG Render of it without the Background just to use. Here.

Also can you tell me where I can join to support her inclusion? Is there a discord or stuff?

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Made another Elma Smashified. This time its an improvement of my last one I did on this thread.
I used Autodesk Maya, 3ds, Photoshop, After Effects to do this Smashified, in addition I used Arnold Rendering Software. I took notes from critics of my last smashified, in regards to pose and such, as to what she would look like for her Smash Render.
Well here it is.
Give me your thoughts below. Im currently working on Incineroar, Rex/Pyra, and Banjo and Kazooie.

In case you guys want a PNG Render of it without the Background just to use. Here.

Also can you tell me where I can join to support her inclusion? Is there a discord or stuff?
She's looking amazing!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Agreed- she looks fantastic there. Elma didn't make a big impression on me in the base game (though I did like her), but since taking a step back, just seeing the outpouring of support that she's gotten from XCX fans makes me really want to see her in Smash so badly.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Today's track is another Fire Emblem song, which is not only an overwhelming disappointment but suggests the music theory has no basis. What a bummer.

aarchak

Smash Ace
Well here it is.

It's pretty good, better than anything I can make. I do have a couple things, though. First, I think Elma should be standing more upright.

If you look at her Xenoblade 2 artwork, she's standing firm upright. It's to signify her character, a stoic badass able to be a pillar of support for BLADE, as the leader of their best team. She's staring straight forward, with a look of grim determination. What I'm trying to say is the artwork should express the character. Elma's pose and face don't convey a whole lot about her, and what it does convey is a bit off from her character. Kinda small, but the pose in her XC2 artwork really struck me as beautiful.
Also, the blades of the guns are looking a bit dark, but that's a very minor nitpick.
Overall, though, it's a stellar render. I especially like the armor, it looks proper to her series and manages to look like actual armor, impressive.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Well if Elma doesn't make it base game wouldn't that mean she would be dlc or rex will replace her as dlc

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Well here it is.

Nice stuff, really liked it!

As for the song, for me we still on the same. It is not as working on the old music theory but just, on the principle that they are saving content related to X, for when Elma is revealed. Again no xenoblade music was added.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I don't think so. The rule that series that are getting a newcomer that hasn't been announced yet aren't getting a song until their newcomer is revealed still applies.
That's very true. Just kinda negates the idea that each series can only have one track.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well if Elma doesn't make it base game wouldn't that mean she would be dlc or rex will replace her as dlc
Why not both??

I don't think so. The rule that series that are getting a newcomer that hasn't been announced yet aren't getting a song until their newcomer is revealed still applies.
Echoes that aren’t Lucina or Dark Pit ARE newcomers though...

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Or at the very least, if a series gets a music post without a recent newcomer to go with it, then we won't see a newcomer for that series until a lot later. Like, since we got Pokemon music recently, we won't have a reveal for Incineroar (assuming the rumors are true) very soon. I mostly say this because I'm still rooting for Bandana Dee, even though we already got new Kirby music...

That said, the fact that we still don't have Xenoblade music yet is what's keeping me hopeful for Elma's inclusion. There's little chance they'd hold off on posting about that series if they didn't have a newcomer from it, right?

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
I've kinda given up on the music theory some time ago. Instead, I think what supports Elma's chances at this point is the fact that NOTHING Xenoblade related has been posted on Smash blog yet.

aarchak

Smash Ace
Echoes that aren’t Lucina or Dark Pit ARE newcomers though...
Well, I'm fairly sure we never counted echoes in the actual theory. Maybe they're just not important enough.

the fact that we still don't have Xenoblade music yet is what's keeping me hopeful for Elma's inclusion. There's little chance they'd hold off on posting about that series if they didn't have a newcomer from it, right?
That's my belief. As time goes on, music theory is applying to less and less series, and Xenoblade is one of the few series to not have music on there, despite it being known for that, and i think music theory really only applies to Xenoblade characters.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
That's very true. Just kinda negates the idea that each series can only have one track.
Wasn't that the entire point of the theory, though? The whole thing was that the blog wouldn't post more than 1 track per series. Since newcomers almost always have a music track accompanying them, if a song was uploaded to the blog without a newcomer, then the song's series didn't have a newcomer in the final game. Now that we have two Fire Emblem songs, that theory is disproven.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Wasn't that the entire point of the theory, though? The whole thing was that the blog wouldn't post more than 1 track per series. Since newcomers almost always have a music track accompanying them, if a song was uploaded to the blog without a newcomer, then the song's series didn't have a newcomer in the final game. Now that we have two Fire Emblem songs, that theory is disproven.
I would say that the part that "disconfirmed" characters because a song from that series is dead, but the part that each newcomer is still accompanied by a song holds true, so for Elma things haven't really changed, especially since we still lack anything related to XCX or Xenoblade in general on the blog.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I would say that the part that "disconfirmed" characters because a song from that series is dead, but the part that each newcomer is still accompanied by a song holds true, so for Elma things haven't really changed, especially since we still lack anything related to XCX or Xenoblade in general on the blog.
I think that's the thing people who weren't in this thread don't understand. They think it's as simple as the one-song theory when in reality it's about each new fighter's song being saved for their trailer.

THERE IS HOPE

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
With the blog updates and any updates in general, my hope still grows for Elma's chances, as long as no Xenoblade(mainly X) content is shown!
I'm also strangely(and scarily) optimistic that if Elma unfortunately misses the base roster she really does have a decent shot as a DLC character alongside Rex and Pyra in a fun little xenoblade DLC pack. Would also just be a shame to have a strong, BAD***, independent female character be skipped over, especially with all of the craziness going on in the world(mainly U.S) right now

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Eh, honestly even if the music theory isn't COMPLETELY true, the fact we haven't gotten an update on new Xenoblade stuff is still a good thing for Elma, so I wouldn't sweat this development too much.

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice
I've been following this thread for months now and finally decided to make an account. I'm a big fan of Xenoblade X, Hiroyuki Sawano and Caitlin Glass, so I'd love Elma to be playable. I'm thinking as of now her chances aren't great but I'd like to be cautiously optimistic. Can I be added to the supporters list?

About the Fire Emblem track: This probably isn't as big a deal as some people think. Sakurai stated in one of his recent Famitsu columns that FE was especially popular in terms of new remixes this time, so a larger number of different composers must have worked with it. If Sakurai wants to make sure every composer working on the game gets to have a song they worked on put on the blog, that might explain why FE out of all series got a second music track. I doubt this will happen more than maybe once more. And as other people said, the complete lack of any Xenoblade X content is a little hard to believe. It was heavily advertised in 2015 and no matter what your opinion on the game it obviously had a lot of heart put into it. I just don't see Snipperclips being more represented than Xenoblade X in the end. Why wait so long to show anything?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Well here it is.

Looks great! Although I'd suggest making her stand a little more upright, it would make her appear more confident and powerful imo, I'd also have her point one of her guns outwards like this
elma1.png

I'd also suggest giving her a more fierce expression like in the above image

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Oh, when i wrote before i forgot that i've mistake in one thing. I didn't assume that Elma didn't make it, just that "even if" she doesn't make in, i think she always has a chance because she's an asked character with some popularity.
Sorry for the misunderstanding xDD
Also unlike Rex she's probably going to appear again in the future.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
You know, to be playing devil's advocate here: Music theory isn't "fully" dead until we get a newcomer reveal from a series that already had a track. It could very well be that whoever is in charge of the Smash Blog noticed ahead of time that having only one song per franchise with newcomers being accompanied by new tracks would make it easy to guess which series (and by extension, characters) are out, and therefore decided to throw a few curveballs. Because while I'm admittedly still grasping at straws for the theory here, people who don't believe it do have a point: If the theory really, fully held true, that'd make it really easy to predict newcomers, and those that are deconfirmed.

. . .That said, I really hope that we get the rumored fighter reveal soon. It'd be really annoying if that updated Japanese Fighter Playlist also meant nothing.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
You know, to be playing devil's advocate here: Music theory isn't "fully" dead until we get a newcomer reveal from a series that already had a track. It could very well be that whoever is in charge of the Smash Blog noticed ahead of time that having only one song per franchise with newcomers being accompanied by new tracks would make it easy to guess which series (and by extension, characters) are out, and therefore decided to throw a few curveballs. Because while I'm admittedly still grasping at straws for the theory here, people who don't believe it do have a point: If the theory really, fully held true, that'd make it really easy to predict newcomers, and those that are deconfirmed.

. . .That said, I really hope that we get the rumored fighter reveal soon. It'd be really annoying if that updated Japanese Fighter Playlist also meant nothing.
While that seems like conspiracy talk, they do look at speculation forums and what not, as proved in the August Direct where they said about Chrom and Dark Samus "You might have seen this coming" after how speculated they were.

About the reveal one of the Blog Theorists on Twitter did point out that the "new" banner from the site was removed 13 days before Isabelle's reveal, so the new fighter might show up next week.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
While that seems like conspiracy talk, they do look at speculation forums and what not, as proved in the August Direct where they said about Chrom and Dark Samus "You might have seen this coming" after how speculated they were.

About the reveal one of the Blog Theorists on Twitter did point out that the "new" banner from the site was removed 13 days before Isabelle's reveal, so the new fighter might show up next week.
I mean, yeah, this all does admittedly stand on very shaky grounds. But like you said, they can't be fully blind to the things that people speculate about.

And do these 13 days account for the delay of the Direct? As in, was the banner removed 13 days before the Direct was supposed to air, or 13 days before it did actually air?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I mean, yeah, this all does admittedly stand on very shaky grounds. But like you said, they can't be fully blind to the things that people speculate about.

And do these 13 days account for the delay of the Direct? As in, was the banner removed 13 days before the Direct was supposed to air, or 13 days before it did actually air?
13 days from the original, I just asked for confirmation.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Hm, that's interesting. Shouldn't that mean that the update would happen this week?

And come to think of it, isn't this week's stage update a bit late?
The remove of the "New" banner on the japanese site happened on October 3rd, so 13 days from it would actually be October 16th.

And the stage has just apperead on the japanese site, it's Boxing Ring.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The remove of the "New" banner on the japanese site happened on October 3rd, so 13 days from it would actually be October 16th.

And the stage has just apperead on the japanese site, it's Boxing Ring.
Wasn’t there a leak for the 16th that was basically a dream wishlist, had Elma, Incineroar, Ken, Waddle Dee and a bunch of dream wants?

It’s of course counting on Saki Amamiya not being an assist trophy. Also Claus/Masked Man’s name is misspelled as Klaus

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Also Claus/Masked Man’s name is misspelled as Klaus
Clearly, this character is a fusion between Lucas' brother and a certain XBC1/2 spoiler.

But joking aside, I guess at this point, we can only wait for next week. Any announcement for this week is pretty unlikely at this point.

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
Whatever happens, if Elma gets revealed, I'm likely gonna spam this thread in unbridled joy and get myself banned. Just a heads up.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Whatever happens, if Elma gets revealed, I'm likely gonna spam this thread in unbridled joy and get myself banned. Just a heads up.
Yeah, I'm probably to meet a similar fate if Elma is revealed since she is the last character that I really want in Smash (besides Shantae but she has always had a very low chance so I'm not holding my breath for her).

If that happens my Switch FC should be visible, feel free to send me friend requestes: I surely want to play with you all guys if the online isn't a mess

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Calamitas

Smash Champion
If that happens my Switch FC should be visible, feel free to send me friend requestes: I surely want to play with you all guys if the online isn't a mess
Heh, I'd be up for that. No matter how good or bad Elma'd end up being, I'd want to main her. Same as what I did with Shulk in Smash 4, really.

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1050054196479893504

And with that, I'm pretty sure Game & Watch and Final Fantasy are the only other franchises (with characters) that have yet to receive an update of any kind on the Smash blog. Color me suspicious?
You mean other than Xenoblade, or what?

Top Bottom