• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Yluma

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhatACreativeID
3DS FC
4854-7666-5145
Switch FC
5660-9773-7212
That's true, XCX kinda threw you in at the deep end. It took me a few dozens of hours to fully understand the combat system. But the manual is much more helpful than Nintendo's digital manuals usually are. You should definitely give that a read.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Today I happened across Xenoblade X in my local game store for a measly £12 and am currently booting it up for the first time.
15 dollars and 4 cents for one game?! Sheesh, looks like eBay's been doing their job too well. I came across a copy of Dragon Ball Z The Movie: Cooler's Revenge on there and it was just 5 dollars and 27 cents! That's about 4 dollars and 20 cents in Britain I believe?

Last edited:

Yluma

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhatACreativeID
3DS FC
4854-7666-5145
Switch FC
5660-9773-7212
I also recently picked up Bayonetta 2 for 8€ at Gamestop of all places. WiiU games are getting really really cheap now that the Switch has basically replaced that console, and I'm here for it.

Sigman

Smash Cadet
I also recently picked up Bayonetta 2 for 8€ at Gamestop of all places. WiiU games are getting really really cheap now that the Switch has basically replaced that console, and I'm here for it.
Not really since people keep asking for games on the Wii U to be released on the Nintendo Switch such as Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Xenoblade Chronicles X, etc.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Not really since people keep asking for games on the Wii U to be released on the Nintendo Switch such as Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Xenoblade Chronicles X, etc.
Add the fact that people want a Marvel vs Capcom 2 port on the Switch and Nintendo's got a LOT of time on their hands.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So there’s been this supposed leaker on Twitter that’s been gaining traction cause his source claims DQ Hero would be in long before everyone started saying Erdrick, and that Hero wouldn’t have any female alts. He’s now saying the next character is female, looks like she’s from a fighting game, and uses projectiles.

Could be KOS-MOS, as people in the KOS-MOS thread speculated. But one other thing of note is that the guy also posted a list, and the fifth character says “already appeared”. Possibly someone who already exists in a non-playable capacity, like a Spirit?

...Elma?

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So there’s been this supposed leaker on Twitter that’s been gaining traction cause his source claims DQ Hero would be in long before everyone started saying Erdrick, and that Hero wouldn’t have any female alts. He’s now saying the next character is female, looks like she’s from a fighting game, and uses projectiles.

Could be KOS-MOS, as people in the KOS-MOS thread speculated. But one other thing of note is that the guy also posted a list, and the fifth character says “already appeared”. Possibly someone who already exists in a non-playable capacity, like a Spirit?

...Elma?
With a description like that, they’re right! Elma does look plucked right out of a fighting game! If he’s right about this being the next fighter, then I’m pumped!

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

...Elma?
Have you any link to these tweet please? I would love to check them out, even so just for trying to see who might fit the bill besides Elma and Kos-Mos...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I believe the tweet wasn't that the character has already appeared but that the company is already represented in Smash.

Which, y'know, still works...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I believe the tweet wasn't that the character has already appeared but that the company is already represented in Smash.

Which, y'know, still works...
The user isn’t proficient in English and it’s a rough translation but it can be interpreted either way I guess

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Have you any link to these tweet please? I would love to check them out, even so just for trying to see who might fit the bill besides Elma and Kos-Mos...
Those are the ones I posted/quoted earlier. Should be on the previous page.

He’s now saying the next character is female, looks like she’s from a fighting game, and uses projectiles.
I mean. . . at the end of the day, what is the Overdrive meter other than a combo counter?

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
There was a problem fetching the tweet

New Tweet from that person. Flying weapon?

Skells can fly. But I’m not on board since it feels like the person could do research to figure it out. Although it’s interesting that they say they get their info from a friend. Maybe they’re just getting vague statements?

But a “flying weapon” could be a Skell. Also could be a stretch but I’m not sure at this point. Thoughts?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

New Tweet from that person. Flying weapon?

Skells can fly. But I’m not on board since it feels like the person could do research to figure it out. Although it’s interesting that they say they get their info from a friend. Maybe they’re just getting vague statements?

But a “flying weapon” could be a Skell. Also could be a stretch but I’m not sure at this point. Thoughts?
...Skells...

Are technically superweapons...

And they can fly after chapter 10...

The guy posted a pic yesterday of like boomerangs being the example of the “flying weapon” but this post suggests he was off the mark with it being a boomerang

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
well, 2b is techincally a fighting game character now (soul calibur) but honestly i'm not betting on her.

Elma and kosmos also feel a little... off... ironically the girl from samurai showdown fits the bill rather nicely, but it's certainly a character i wouldn't be expecting. XD...

unlesss.... is the undertale character Undyne with a flying spear :O (would totally flip if thats the case)

Still, wouldn't put too much weight in this partiular leak.

(Also... granblue techincally is a fighting game also...)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
well, 2b is techincally a fighting game character now (soul calibur) but honestly i'm not betting on her.

Elma and kosmos also feel a little... off... ironically the girl from samurai showdown fits the bill rather nicely, but it's certainly a character i wouldn't be expecting. XD...

unlesss.... is the undertale character Undyne with a flying spear :O (would totally flip if thats the case)

Still, wouldn't put too much weight in this partiular leak.

(Also... granblue techincally is a fighting game also...)
The hawk (?) Nakoruru uses is more of a “familiar” tbh

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Speaking on the topic of first party characters, Elma’s one of the main characters in speculation with a lot of support. There are obviously a few, namely Elma, Dixie Kong, and Bandana Waddle Dee. These seem to be the biggest characters who aren’t Assist Trophies, only Spirits. All three would make me really happy, and they seem like the biggest names at least around here. Are there any other first parties who are Spirits/not in the game who have support elsewhere besides here you can think of? Just curious.

Otherwise I’d say there are quite a few first parties who are wanted heavily like Isaac, Skull Kid, Ashley, and maybe Ninten? Those are probably the biggest characters that aren’t playable yet, and I’d like all of them honestly. Still think this pass will be all third parties, but I’d love to be surprised.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Speaking on the topic of first party characters, Elma’s one of the main characters in speculation with a lot of support. There are obviously a few, namely Elma, Dixie Kong, and Bandana Waddle Dee. These seem to be the biggest characters who aren’t Assist Trophies, only Spirits. All three would make me really happy, and they seem like the biggest names at least around here. Are there any other first parties who are Spirits/not in the game who have support elsewhere besides here you can think of? Just curious.

Otherwise I’d say there are quite a few first parties who are wanted heavily like Isaac, Skull Kid, Ashley, and maybe Ninten? Those are probably the biggest characters that aren’t playable yet, and I’d like all of them honestly. Still think this pass will be all third parties, but I’d love to be surprised.
they may not be as popular, but I'm pushing for Fiora (who's also in Shulk's FS) and Black Shadow as well in addition to the first three.

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice

Yes, Pious Augustus, John Raimi, Fighter Hayabusa, Mr. Steveson, Professor Hector, Mike Jones,

True Elma

Calamitas

Smash Champion

We have a new tweet. I also asked a friend of mine who speaks a bit of Japanese about it, and she said that the "flying weapon" in this case refers to some kind of firearm, with the "flying" part being a reference to the shots. I want to be cautious, but this does sound somewhat promising. . .

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
And how would that cross sign even be?

Smash Bros X Xenoblade?

Strange, xenoblade is a universe already present in smash.

Smash bros X Xenoblade X?

Would they really treat X as a separate series, when they did not do that on the spirits?

Smash Bros X Xenosaga

Okay, this one could be, but while Elma and KOS-MOS share many similarities, gameplay wise they would be quite different, no? Would it really be possible for Elma to be a KOS-MOS alt?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We have a new tweet. I also asked a friend of mine who speaks a bit of Japanese about it, and she said that the "flying weapon" in this case refers to some kind of firearm, with the "flying" part being a reference to the shots. I want to be cautious, but this does sound somewhat promising. . .
Why are we still taking this person on Twitter seriously? Do they have any track record for leaking Smash material?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Why are we still taking this person on Twitter seriously? Do they have any track record for leaking Smash material?
Yeah, Smash VR and Hero with no female alts both "predicted" around October. I don't think anyone is taking it seriously as much as entertaining the possibilities.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And how would that cross sign even be?

Smash Bros X Xenoblade?

Strange, xenoblade is a universe already present in smash.

Smash bros X Xenoblade X?

Would they really treat X as a separate series, when they did not do that on the spirits?

Smash Bros X Xenosaga

Okay, this one could be, but while Elma and KOS-MOS share many similarities, gameplay wise they would be quite different, no? Would it really be possible for Elma to be a KOS-MOS alt?
I think the X [Series] thing is only for third parties

And Elma wouldn’t be a KOS-MOS alt, imo

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
So here’s another Tweet. I guess that’s the reason for not knowing what character it is? I don’t know, I feel skeptical about everything from this person to be honest.

This narrows down some possibilities at least. Female, looks like she’s from a fighting game, and a “flying weapon” definitely could apply to Elma. Coupled with Caitlin Glass’ NDA role and Sawano’s secret project, it’s hard not to be a little optimistic. Still not convinced but the evidence could hopefully keep lining up for us.

Selenite

Smash Cadet
I think the X [Series] thing is only for third parties

And Elma wouldn’t be a KOS-MOS alt, imo
Some games are considered series such as Mario Party series or how Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is considered a "Series" in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, despite only having one game released outside of re-releases.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
We don’t have any evidence that they’re false, either...
True… but from what I know about people leaking Smash is that some leaks have a good chance of being fake, while some leaks tend to have a 50/50 chance of being either true or false, and some leakers get everything right on DLC and character reveals. (i.e. Vergeben.) So since the Twitter user doesn't have very specific evidence on this new character, and although she did say it was female, specific is the keyword here, I'm going to have to go with the first possibility.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I honestly still think we’ll get at least one Nintendo character this pass. With the two big iconic third party fan favorites out of the way, I think they’ll be shifting to characters that appeal to a more niche crowd next. Elma would fit that, imo.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Completely random thought that I just had, but we know that Nintendo made the DLC selection, right? What makes people think that Spirits can't be fighters then? If Nintendo wanted to use a character that was a Spirit as DLC, I doubt that they would really care that they have a static image of them that doesn't have any tangible importance to the way the game functions (Assist Trophies, for example). Yeah, Sakurai has the deciding vote, but if he just said "sorry, they're a Spirit already", I'm not sure that excuse would hold up.

Now if he couldn't think of a moveset, that's another thing entirely. but most likely if Nintendo wanted a character playable, they would have a pretty clear idea of what they wanted out of it. This is all hypothetical, but to me it has at least some logic to it. Although it won't matter much if all the characters are brand new 3rd parties.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
We already saw trophies become fighters in Smash 4 with Mewtwo and Lucas. The only real argument is if they worked on Spirits and the DLC character shortlist simultaneously and didn't want overlap for any reason - it's possible they adjusted characters who were spirits but were planned as DLC to not be spirits - but that begs the question of "why would they want to avoid overlap so much".

Top Bottom