• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I was more excited about Banjo/Kazooie and Hero than I thought. Smash can make anything look hype though. Congrats, supporters. Welcome back B/K.

I haven't seen the entire Direct, but I was pleasantly surprised by No More Heroes 3; now I have no choice but to buy Travis Strikes again to fill the void (I hope it is decent). Astral Chain is still looking impressive; it was always a day 1 purchase for me, but it's nice to see more of the gameplay/story. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any new videos of Sayonara Wild Hearts. HOLY COW, WE ARE GETTING A ZELDA BOTW SEQUEL?! We got some solid ports coming our way, too, unsurprisingly. Secret of Mana collection and Contra Anniversary on the E-shop? Nice. There's more news, but this was all good.

No X port yet, but I'll live for now. 2 unrevealed fighters and there's potentially another season pass after this one.
I've recently played Travis Strikes Again, and while the presentation and characterization is spot onthe gameplay is quite repetitive and borderline boring. My biggest suggestion is playing it in short bursts rather than marathoning it, as well as changing ofter your Chip Abilities in order to spice up your moves.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uh I’m just gonna leave this here, thoughts?

Here’s my final verdict for the first fighter pass, since I’m confident we will at LEAST get another one:

1. :ultjoker:
2. Hero
3. Banjo & Kazooie
4. Bandai Namco character (candidates include someone from Tekken (not necessarily Heihachi), someone from Tales Of (possibly either Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell), Soul Calibur character (May or may not be Nightmare), or KOS-MOS from Xenosaga)
5. Elma

Yes, I know Elma is a Spirit but HEAR ME OUT! Remember Mewtwo and Lucas in 4? When they became DLC they got duplicate fighter exclusive trophies. Who’s to say Spirits can’t just be renamed, like “Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)” and using her 2 artwork as her Fighter Spirit?
Or
if her Smash appearance is her true form, the spirit could be renamed to “Elma (Mimeosome)”. Especially since Elma might take that appearance in a X sequel, and we all know Sakurai doesn’t give a crap about spoilers, he deadass added Mecha Fiora in Shulk’s Final Smash for crying out loud

Also, the devs of the Xenoblade series have said they’d like to return to Mira, the world of X, after they were done with 2, which includes the Torna prequel game. Whether they meant an X port to Switch or X part 2 remains to be seen, but also... Hiroyuki Sawano, X’s composer, has had a secret project since March last year and we still dunno what it is.

Finally, Caitlin Glass, Elma’s English VO, announced an NDA voice role around November-December 2018, when Smash’s base game was finished. We still don’t know what her NDA role is, either. It probably isn’t an anime role, or a role for a video game based on an anime (a My Hero Academia fighting game came out I believe. Glass voices Mina Ashido in that anime, but unfortunately, the game for it does not have a dub track. Or perhaps... it IS fortunately, in Elma’s favor!)

Time will tell, but I do have a feeling we will get at least one first party. And it will change the scape of speculation for good...

By which I mean sinking the Spirits Deconfirm argument, it already changed a lot with Banjo but this will change it even more

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
I've recently played Travis Strikes Again, and while the presentation and characterization is spot onthe gameplay is quite repetitive and borderline boring. My biggest suggestion is playing it in short bursts rather than marathoning it, as well as changing ofter your Chip Abilities in order to spice up your moves.
But always keep your healing chip, that like the only way to heal without the toilets or ramen. How well will the witcher run on switch is my question? An unrelated question, but how much do you think monolith soft is working on the new zelda sequel.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
You know, the more I think about it, the more the current situation for X in general and Elma in Smash reminds me of the ending of X. We're at a point where at first glance, sure, you could call things done, with no need to follow up. But then you think about it some more, and you're essentially left at a cliffhanger, still have many unanswered questions, and no clear answer on if and when these will be answered.

I swear though, I'm starting to feel like the entire "Newcomer Speculation" board could use a kind of General Nintendo DLC Newcomer thread. . .

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You know, the more I think about it, the more the current situation for X in general and Elma in Smash reminds me of the ending of X. We're at a point where at first glance, sure, you could call things done, with no need to follow up. But then you think about it some more, and you're essentially left at a cliffhanger, still have many unanswered questions, and no clear answer on if and when these will be answered.
So you're saying, "The story never truly ends"?

Yluma

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhatACreativeID
3DS FC
4854-7666-5145
Switch FC
5660-9773-7212
Also, I noticed that I haven't been active nearly enough here, considering how all I can think about every day is Elma in Smash. So I'll try to be here more now. I just wanted to say, don't lose hope yet. As you all know, we got lots of evidence going for Elma, and none of it has been deconfirmed yet. And with Smash needing a new Xenoblade rep, Xenoblade having grown to a huge series and XCX2 being basically inevitable, Elma's future is looking bright. Even just an X port could boost her popularity by a lot, and popularity is a huge chance booster for getting into Ultimate. Even Sakurai loves the series, so I'm sure he'll at least consider Elma.
That said though, if she doesn't make it in after all, there's still a dedicated modding community. ^^'

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Also, I noticed that I haven't been active nearly enough here, considering how all I can think about every day is Elma in Smash. So I'll try to be here more now. I just wanted to say, don't lose hope yet. As you all know, we got lots of evidence going for Elma, and none of it has been deconfirmed yet. And with Smash needing a new Xenoblade rep, Xenoblade having grown to a huge series and XCX2 being basically inevitable, Elma's future is looking bright. Even just an X port could boost her popularity by a lot, and popularity is a huge chance booster for getting into Ultimate. Even Sakurai loves the series, so I'm sure he'll at least consider Elma.
That said though, if she doesn't make it in after all, there's still a dedicated modding community. ^^'
This image made me laugh, then get sad again. Well, at least I got Banjo! Super hyped right now. I just need Elma, Geno, and Phoenix Wright to make the perfect Smash game. Honestly, nothing seems impossible after today.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I finally got the bear and bird that I've wanted for so long.

If we also get Elma whether she's #74 or #75. Its icing on cake!

Come on Elma!!!! Still a shot for you!

Yluma

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhatACreativeID
3DS FC
4854-7666-5145
Switch FC
5660-9773-7212
I could really see them making a second fighters pass. This is Smash Ultimate after all, likely the last game in the series for a good while, and it's on the Switch, a really successful console. They kept Smash 4 alive for pretty long despite it being on a dead and a half-dead console. They made 7 DLC fighters for it, and by the time they developed Bayo and Corrin (17 months after the game's release), they were already working on Ultimate. So I can't really see them stopping Ultimate DLC at 6 newcomers and just 14 months after its release, especially considering how this game is going to be current for years to come.
So if this current fighters pass really is full of 3rd party and she doesn't get any of the last 2 spots, maybe the next one?

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Elma and Phoenix Wright as my final two would be a dream. Or Phoenix and KOS-MOS. Or Phoenix and 2B. Or Elma and a second, slightly-smaller Elma.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Elma and Phoenix Wright as my final two would be a dream. Or Phoenix and KOS-MOS. Or Phoenix and 2B. Or Elma and a second, slightly-smaller Elma.
What about Elma and KOS-MOS?

Or Elma and Neku? KEEP THE NEKU DREAM ALIVE YO.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
All of the above!!
2nd season pass for at least one of those three lesgo

I feel like Bandai Namco does deserve a second rep before Capcom or Konami or even Sega get a fourth (Atlus is owned by Sega so) but even then the first new Bamco rep will prob be either Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell from the tales of series

GolisoPower

Smash Master

I feel like Bandai Namco does deserve a second rep before Capcom or Konami or even Sega get a fourth (Atlus is owned by Sega so) but even then the first new Bamco rep will prob be either Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell from the tales of series
Would you be blown away if it was someone else besides a Tales character like, say, Heihachi?

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Low key I'm hoping for Velvet Crowe. She's my fave.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Would you be blown away if it was someone else besides a Tales character like, say, Heihachi?
I doubt Heihachi on the sole grounds that his VO, who also voiced Incineroar, passed away.

Nightmare... I honestly don’t get the hype for him, that’s my hot take right there. Besides, wouldn’t you sooner include a heroic character from Soul Calibur before the villain?

KOS-MOS is basically Namco’s Crossover Queen tho, I would be totally ok if she got in over a Tales character, in fact I’d low key celebrate esp if we get Fiora too as a stand-alone character.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Heihachi is so slept on. Let's recap:

-Tekken is as popular/influential to the 3D genre of fighters as Street Fighter is to 2D
-Sakurai considered to add him in Smash 4, but he was too difficult at the time. New console, less limitations (see: Ridley and Inkling, for example).
-He has already been in the same game as Link, a Metal Gear character, and a Final Fantasy character. He has also already been in a game with characters dressed like Nintendo all-stars like Mario, Peach, Samus, etc. He's fought Geese Howard and Negan, and he fights dinosaurs, butlers, ninjas, robots, bears, kangaroos, etc. on the regular. In short, he'd fit right into the Smash Bros. universe. Tekken has a lot of protagonists, but he is the face of the franchise.
-His Japanese voice actor died, and the character was seemingly killed off in Tekken 7; adding him in Smash would be a nice tribute.
-He's no longer a Mii costume; apparently his only representation is in Pacman's roulette taunt. That's a suspicious downgrade considering Akira is an assist trophy now.

As far as 3rd party reps go, him (and a Monster Hunter rep) seemed super slept on for some reason.

Low key I'm hoping for Velvet Crowe. She's my fave.
Same.

And as cool as the DQ reps are, at least one of those costumes should've been a woman, IMO. Missed opportunity (but holy cow the amount of different DQ protagonist skins/alt references is insane! Well done; they're all spectacular, but still).

So far, we got... Kazooie.

Last edited:

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
The Hero Draws Near! The Hero is based off The Luminary in Dragon Quest XI: Echoes Of An Elusive Age S, the Switch version of the original game. Three of his costumes are based off of 3 heroes of the past Dragon Quest games, and Erdrick from Dragon Quest III: The Seeds Of Salvation is one of them! Also, how did Kirby contact The Hero in World Of Light? Does he have Link's Ocarina from Ocarina Of Time or something?

Wait....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9APywN0WV4

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
The Hero Draws Near! The Hero is based off The Luminary in Dragon Quest XI: Echoes Of An Elusive Age S, the Switch version of the original game. Three of his costumes are based off of 3 heroes of the past Dragon Quest games, and Erdrick from Dragon Quest III: The Seeds Of Salvation is one of them! Also, how did Kirby contact The Hero in World Of Light? Does he have Link's Ocarina from Ocarina Of Time or something?

Wait....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9APywN0WV4
Not gonna lie, that video is actually really freaking cute. Hats off to you, Rhythm Theif. That was a good call.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Not gonna lie, that video is actually really freaking cute. Hats off to you, Rhythm Theif. That was a good call.
Thanks! The video was made by MarioSonicKirbyFan15, so check out his YouTube channel if you like! Also, I like how your location portion of your profile description references the Genesis song Land of Confusion.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I envy the optimism that you all seem to have. I get that it's probably because the disappointment of the E3 Direct is still fresh on my mind, but I don't really have much hope for any of the two remaining Fighter's Pass characters being Elma, or even any Nintendo character, for that matter.

Sigman

Smash Cadet
So uh I’m just gonna leave this here, thoughts?
You said it yourself, they have included content using the same name such as the two "Zero" trophies or the two Mewtwo and Lucas trophies which shows that isn't necessary to rename anything. Or they could simply name them different as they did with Joker.
There are 16 character slots in the World of Light mode, it was a huge selling point for the November Direct. And it continues to be as indicated by the Dragon Quest character Trailer at E3. Like someone else said.
In the files of WOL, there are 16 placeholder slots (currently 14 as of the 3.0.0 update), there are always 18 new/returning fighters in the base game since Brawl with fighters like Pokemon Trainer's pokemon in ssbb and ssbu, the mii fighters in pre-ssbu, and both Samus and Zero Suit Samus in pre-ssb4 which they have to share the same slot with the other, if the 16 placeholder DLC slots done the same thing with the 18 new/returning fighters in the base game, right after the fighters pass 1, there would be more DLC slots with one slot having Rex and Pyra which they have a function similar to the cut Diddy and Dixie duo for brawl and the other slot would have two unspecific characters but they could have the same function as Rex and Pyra.
As well as unresolved subjects for Elma
As well as the Toy Mech
https://gonintendo.com/stories/2711...cent-mech-toy-purchase-he-made-teases-that-it
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...oy_purchase_is_related_to_his_current_project
http://www.perezstart.com/gaming-ne...de-teases-that-its-related-to-his-work/20900/
https://nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-bought-a-vifam-figure-as-a-reference-for-his-work/
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/88jkp6/so_why_did_sakurai_need_a_mecha_rifle_for/
and the Formula Skell being re-printed for the first time since it's initial release.
https://www.play-asia.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-148-scale-model-kit-formula-re-run/13/709x1b

Also, it's possible that Doom Slayer or DOOM Guy would be one of them.
In very early January, Mick Gordon (modern DOOM composer) put out a job listing for a "video game".
https://web.archive.org/web/20190107212400/https://mick-gordon.com/666
The site is down now, but an archive exists.
It doesn't say which game, many assumed it to be related to DOOM Eternal (which is fair), but I don't see why he would have to just say "a video game" as DOOM Eternal was already revealed at that point.
He was recording songs in early March.
Going through Mick Gordon's twitter... the event WAS for something DOOM related.

If it is related to DOOM Eternal, it'll be mentioned in the credits, so that's something to look for.

Which it is NOT unlike the aforementioned Hiroyuki Sawano and our favorite Colonel here.

D

Deleted member

I need more of Elma in my life.

She is my favourite Xenoblade character.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
You said it yourself, they have included content using the same name such as the two "Zero" trophies or the two Mewtwo and Lucas trophies which shows that isn't necessary to rename anything. Or they could simply name them different as they did with Joker.
There are 16 character slots in the World of Light mode, it was a huge selling point for the November Direct. And it continues to be as indicated by the Dragon Quest character Trailer at E3. Like someone else said.

As well as unresolved subjects for Elma

As well as the Toy Mech
https://gonintendo.com/stories/2711...cent-mech-toy-purchase-he-made-teases-that-it
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...oy_purchase_is_related_to_his_current_project
http://www.perezstart.com/gaming-ne...de-teases-that-its-related-to-his-work/20900/
https://nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-bought-a-vifam-figure-as-a-reference-for-his-work/
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/88jkp6/so_why_did_sakurai_need_a_mecha_rifle_for/
and the Formula Skell being re-printed for the first time since it's initial release.
https://www.play-asia.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-148-scale-model-kit-formula-re-run/13/709x1b

Also, it's possible that Doom Slayer or DOOM Guy would be one of them.
In very early January, Mick Gordon (modern DOOM composer) put out a job listing for a "video game".
https://web.archive.org/web/20190107212400/https://mick-gordon.com/666
The site is down now, but an archive exists.
It doesn't say which game, many assumed it to be related to DOOM Eternal (which is fair), but I don't see why he would have to just say "a video game" as DOOM Eternal was already revealed at that point.
He was recording songs in early March.
Going through Mick Gordon's twitter... the event WAS for something DOOM related.

If it is related to DOOM Eternal, it'll be mentioned in the credits, so that's something to look for.

Which it is NOT unlike the aforementioned Hiroyuki Sawano and our favorite Colonel here.
If the Doom guy really is in the Fighter's Pass, then I'm absolutely giving up hope. I remember that there was a leak a while back that said that him and Ninja Gaiden's Ryu are on the Pass, and that would just about confirm it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If the Doom guy really is in the Fighter's Pass, then I'm absolutely giving up hope. I remember that there was a leak a while back that said that him and Ninja Gaiden's Ryu are on the Pass, and that would just about confirm it.
That leak was fake. For one it wrote the name Erdrick in Katakana instead of his proper Japanese name, Roto. Second, the DQ rep isn’t even named Erdrick but instead simply “Hero”.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
That leak was fake. For one it wrote the name Erdrick in Katakana instead of his proper Japanese name, Roto. Second, the DQ rep isn’t even named Erdrick but instead simply “Hero”.
Tbh I'm only bringing that leak up again because someone else mentioned it to me. Do you still have the exact wording and everything for it? I doubt that seeing it debunked will do much to lift my mood, but I want to be properly informed.

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
Are you saying that newcomers of third-party/new series reps like Bayonetta, Cloud Strife, and Ryu stopped another Fire Emblem from being allowed to join?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Tbh I'm only bringing that leak up again because someone else mentioned it to me. Do you still have the exact wording and everything for it? I doubt that seeing it debunked will do much to lift my mood, but I want to be properly informed.
That leak was proven fake.
It stated that the Fighter Pass would have been Joker, Erdrik, Steve, Ryu Hayabusa and Doomguy but:
-They also said that Jack Frost would have been a part of Joker's moveset, yet it isn't in the game at all
-Hero from XI is the playable DQ character, while Erdrik is a costume
-They stated that Alefgard (the world of DQ 1, 2 and 3) would have been the DQ stage, but the one shown is based on DQ XI
And the big elephant in the room
-They didn't predicted Banjo & Kazooie.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It stated that the Fighter Pass would have been Joker, Erdrik, Steve, Ryu Hayabusa and Doomguy but:
-They also said that Jack Frost would have been a part of Joker's moveset, yet it isn't in the game at all
-They stated that Alefgard (the world of DQ 1, 2 and 3) would have been the DQ stage, but the one shown is based on DQ XI
^ this

We got Banjo instead of Steve. Steve will probably be a Mii Costume tbh

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
^ this

We got Banjo instead of Steve. Steve will probably be a Mii Costume tbh
TBH I always tought that Steve would have been better suited for a Mii Costume rather than an actual character. He is a good fit the Swordfighter, while Master Chief could work for the Gunner and something Battletoads related for the Brawler.
That at least is my prediction for the Microsoft representation in Smash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
TBH I always tought that Steve would have been better suited for a Mii Costume rather than an actual character. He is a good fit the Swordfighter, while Master Chief could work for the Gunner and something Battletoads related for the Brawler.
That at least is my prediction for the Microsoft representation in Smash.
Or Conker for Brawler

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Ah, alright. That's at least somewhat reassuring. Was it just that leak, though, or were there others along those lines?

Are you saying that newcomers of third-party/new series reps like Bayonetta, Cloud Strife, and Ryu stopped another Fire Emblem from being allowed to join?
I really feel like we're dealing with two rather different situations here. Remember, back in Smash 4, we didn't even know how many DLC fighters we'd get at all. Corrin was a surprise pick outside of the ballot.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Ah, alright. That's at least somewhat reassuring. Was it just that leak, though, or were there others along those lines?

I really feel like we're dealing with two rather different situations here. Remember, back in Smash 4, we didn't even know how many DLC fighters we'd get at all. Corrin was a surprise pick outside of the ballot.
Nothing major, most were just piggybacking this one.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sharing this from the Fiora thread, thoughts?
How would you guys feel about this finalized Fighter's Pass 1:
Fighter 1: Joker (confirmed) (+ Kasumi Yoshizawa Echo as individual DLC; $2.99 without Joker/free with Joker)
Fighter 2: Hero (confirmed)
Fighter 3: Banjo & Kazooie (confirmed)
Fighter 4: KOS-MOS (+ T-elos Echo as individual DLC; $2.99 without KOS-MOS/free with KOS-MOS)
Fighter 5: Elma (+ Mecha-Fiora Echo as individual DLC; $2.99 without Elma/free with Elma)
interestingly enough, Hero and BK would be the only characters without Echoes. Echoes iirc aren't standalone this pass, but could be bundled, or individual DLC like PP.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Nothing major, most were just piggybacking this one.
That's reassuring. Though still not enough to entirely dissuade my doubts in general - this Doom tweet and the way that the E3 Direct focussed on the Resident Evil segment doesn't really bode well in my eyes. But then again, I'm just feeling a bit pessimistic in general recently. Certainly doesn't help that we're gonna have to at least wait til September before we get the next fighter announced. . .

Sharing this from the Fiora thread, thoughts?

interestingly enough, Hero and BK would be the only characters without Echoes. Echoes iirc aren't standalone this pass, but could be bundled, or individual DLC like PP.
While this does sound nice, it does seem a bit too optimistic to me.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Heihachi is so slept on. Let's recap:

-Tekken is as popular/influential to the 3D genre of fighters as Street Fighter is to 2D
-Sakurai considered to add him in Smash 4, but he was too difficult at the time. New console, less limitations (see: Ridley and Inkling, for example).
-He has already been in the same game as Link, a Metal Gear character, and a Final Fantasy character. He has also already been in a game with characters dressed like Nintendo all-stars like Mario, Peach, Samus, etc. He's fought Geese Howard and Negan, and he fights dinosaurs, butlers, ninjas, robots, bears, kangaroos, etc. on the regular. In short, he'd fit right into the Smash Bros. universe. Tekken has a lot of protagonists, but he is the face of the franchise.
-His Japanese voice actor died, and the character was seemingly killed off in Tekken 7; adding him in Smash would be a nice tribute.
-He's no longer a Mii costume; apparently his only representation is in Pacman's roulette taunt. That's a suspicious downgrade considering Akira is an assist trophy now.

As far as 3rd party reps go, him (and a Monster Hunter rep) seemed super slept on for some reason.

Same.

And as cool as the DQ reps are, at least one of those costumes should've been a woman, IMO. Missed opportunity (but holy cow the amount of different DQ protagonist skins/alt references is insane! Well done; they're all spectacular, but still).

So far, we got... Kazooie.
I don't know if Heihachi really had a shot. Sakurai said in an interview that he passed on Heihachi because he couldn't come up with a moveset for him, which is a little odd. If Sakurai who managed to make full, interesting, fun and in the case of the third, viable, for Duck Hunt, Piranha Plant and Wii Fit trainer, then why couldn't he make a moveset for a character who already appeared in a fighting game. There is an answer: copyright. Heihachi already appeared in PlayStation All Stars, a game with a very similar playstyle to smash (let's be honest it's a rip off) and if a single one of Heihachi's moves was the same as one of his moves from that game, it could potentially lead to a lawsuit from Sony. My bet is Sakurai decided he'd rather not have Heihachi then have someone who looked like Heihachi but did not play like him.

Top Bottom