• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Do they usually do NDAs for anime anyway? I can’t think of any upcoming anime projects with characters Caitlin’s already voiced that would need a NDA...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Anyone hyped for Pokemon Direct tomorrow?
Hopefully we get starters and a bit of gameplay/legendaries.
I'm super hyped. What's making this really exciting is that since this is most likely a Gen 8 reveal, it's on the Switch as a new game. What I find great about that is that the Switch has exceptionally higher power than the 3DS, meaning they can get much more ambitious with the new moves and abilities! And sure, you could argue LGPE, but that's for the more casual audience, as opposed to the core game that they're releasing this year.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Do they usually do NDAs for anime anyway? I can’t think of any upcoming anime projects with characters Caitlin’s already voiced that would need a NDA...
I honestly wouldn't think so, unless it's an anime thats kind of under lock and key in popularity for a suprise dub. As for the role I dont think its anime based. Unless it's a passion project I dont think she'd talk about it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I honestly wouldn't think so, unless it's an anime thats kind of under lock and key in popularity for a suprise dub. As for the role I dont think its anime based. Unless it's a passion project I dont think she'd talk about it.
Far as I know there’s no FMA or MHA games on the horizon either, at least any that have an English dub track. The only two major roles in anime I can think of that she has are Winry (FMA) and Mina (MHA).

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Far as I know there’s no FMA or MHA games on the horizon either, at least any that have an English dub track. The only two major roles in anime I can think of that she has are Winry (FMA) and Mina (MHA).
I'm not sure if these are major roles, but she does voice Vados in Dragon Ball Super and Evergreen in Fairy Tail, just to remind you.

Last edited:

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
I do have one question about having to do an audition for a smash bros role for Elma? Shes already voiced her for both XCX and 2, did the group who localized XC2 also localize XCX? If so wouldn't they just call her for the role? I guess it could be different because NOE did the localization for XC2, but I'll look into more info on it.

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
So I get that no one wants to hear this, but

Caitlin Glass has an NDA role

Pokémon is pretty important and they wouldn't want anything to ruin the surprise

By that logic
Elma is the main protagonist in the new Pokémon, as well as the new voice of Pikachu and Ash in the anime. My source is LaxChris so I have insider info. The 2 versions are Let's Go! Elma and Let's Go! Lin

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice

Pokémon is pretty important and they wouldn't want anything to ruin the surprise

By that logic
Elma is the main protagonist in the new Pokémon, as well as the new voice of Pikachu and Ash in the anime. My source is LaxChris so I have insider info. The 2 versions are Let's Go! Elma and Let's Go! Lin
Now I want to have a class that could charm animals in Xenoblade Chonicles. Non unique monsters of course.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

By that logic
This seems accurate. I'll trust this one.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So since there hasn't been going on much here lately, I was kinda thinking about remaking my image series with the arguments for Elma in Ultimate, with the post-launch period and DLC in mind. Would anyone be interested in going over the arguments once more, so that I don't miss any?

Anyone hyped for Pokemon Direct tomorrow?
Hopefully we get starters and a bit of gameplay/legendaries.
I'm cautiously excited. LGPE was pretty much the polar opposite of what would've liked, and it is the first mainline Pokémon game that I didn't get. As long as they keep all the Generation 1 pandering out of Generation 8, I'm already sold. As for something more directly about the Direct, I just hope that we get something more than just the titles - that is to say, something more in line with the X and Y reveal, and less like the Sun and Moon reveal.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
As I said before, I've never played any Xenoblade game and Elma looks like a ****** and awesome character to me, so I would be happy if she got in especially for you guys. So I wanted to ask y'all, how would you guys react if she get's revealed?

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
This seems accurate. I'll trust this one.
Thanks. I'm really putting my neck on the line to deliver this info.

As I said before, I've never played any Xenoblade game and Elma looks like a ****** and awesome character to me, so I would be happy if she got in especially for you guys. So I wanted to ask y'all, how would you guys react if she get's revealed?
I'd be over the moon. Elma is definitely my most wanted because of the game she came from. It was my first Xenoblade, and really got me into the series. The game isn't perfect by any means, but I have a special place in my heart for it. I find it to be one of the most beautiful games out there. Sylvalum and Noctilum always transfix me. Also, giant mechs that you can traverse in? It's so good. And Elma as a character is great too. She's a fearless woman who isn't afraid to take risks, does what is right, smart, and just plain bad***. Honestly, they should've just went with Elma being the protagonist. She's got so much more to her than anyone else except maybe Lao. Honestly, I'd never ask Sakurai for anything else's if she got in.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'd lose my mind and feel vindicated. Elma isn't exactly in my top five (it fluctuates a lot so she constantly goes in and out of it) but she's like right on the cusp because I LOVED Xenoblade X. I am a big Xenosaga guy, and X finally felt like a new Xeno game I wanted with a beautiful and compelling sci-fi world, fascinating characters, and amazing music.

Elma herself is a complex and awesome character with a killer design and X was a game criminally underrated by people who ignored it, unfairly hated by people who wanted something akin to Xenoblade Chronicles, and it's nowhere in Smash which is just a crime. Elma is my second-most-wanted First Party character just behind Style Savvy and ahead of Captain Toad, and her getting into Smash would be exposing an incredible and underrated gem to a larger audience and immortalizing a character I hold near and dear to my heart. The fanart - there is so little Elma fanart it's criminal - would be worth it alone.

Plus, yes, representation matters, and Elma's most iconic chosen design depicts her as a dark-skinned woman and to be honest that's just neat.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Now I want to have a class that could charm animals in Xenoblade Chonicles. Non unique monsters of course.
I've wanted one for a while too after learning that the Tree Clan Prone use incense to tame animals. Bonus points if charming an indigen requires 'defeating' them in a different way from just lowering their HP to 0. Maybe you could ride them as mounts as a counterpart to skells or raise one as a pet and have it live in your barracks... All the xenoform races lend themselves to really unique playstyle concepts imo.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'd be beyond ecstatic, honestly. Throughout the entire speculation period of Ultimate, Elma has consistently been my number one most wanted character, with no one else coming even close. Aside from that, I'd also feel vindicated in regards to X in general, since this is the kind of acknowledgement that it is sorely needing at this point.
And I'll admit, I can't deny that I wouldn't gloat at the expense of anyone wanting Rex. But at least I wouldn't do it here!

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
I'd be beyond ecstatic, honestly. Throughout the entire speculation period of Ultimate, Elma has consistently been my number one most wanted character, with no one else coming even close. Aside from that, I'd also feel vindicated in regards to X in general, since this is the kind of acknowledgement that it is sorely needing at this point.
And I'll admit, I can't deny that I wouldn't gloat at the expense of anyone wanting Rex. But at least I wouldn't do it here!
Tell me about it, it hurts me when people from XC2 just keep clinging to the belief that they'll get a character in smash from the DLC (or even Pyra and Mythra as fighters) over a character like xcx content which is non existant at this point.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'd be ok with Rex, but I honestly believe Elma should get in first. Her time window was better, after all.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So it's March now, the month where Spring is supposed to begin.

So I ask you all: do you guys think we'll get a Smash Direct that breaks down the 3.0.0 update, and if so, when? Before the first day of Spring? On the first day of Spring? After the first day of spring? Which one?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

So I ask you all: do you guys think we'll get a Smash Direct that breaks down the 3.0.0 update, and if so, when? Before the first day of Spring? On the first day of Spring? After the first day of spring? Which one?
Wasn't it supposed to happen next month...?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

When Joker finally drops, presumably.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Wasn't it supposed to happen next month...?
They said 3.0.0 will release in the Spring, and the first day of Spring is on March 20th, so between that day and the days going up to the first day of May, we don't know the precise Joker release date. Besides, we don't exactly know when 3.0.0 specifically releases. It could release right on the first day. Perhaps within the final few days of March. Or the first few days of April. We don't have any Monado to tell us exactly when it'll release, so for now, this is what we have.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
They said 3.0.0 will release in the Spring, and the first day of Spring is on March 20th, so between that day and the days going up to the first day of May, we don't know the precise Joker release date. Besides, we don't exactly know when 3.0.0 specifically releases. It could release right on the first day. Perhaps within the final few days of March. Or the first few days of April. We don't have any Monado to tell us exactly when it'll release, so for now, this is what we have.
Makes sense. :ultpiranha:'s original release date was scheduled to be sometime February for those who pre-registered, but dropped on Jan 31.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
3.0.0 is surely going to be released alongside Joker, so I don't expect it until mid to late April (they call it the Spring update because it is likely going to be the biggest until the next DLC is released, which will probably be around E3, which is already Summer).
About the Direct it really depends. It could be close to Joker's release in April (heck, they might even do an "avaiable after this presentation" like how they did with Lucas, Roy, Ryu and Cloud) or well before he is actually released. Personally I'm more leniant towards the former, and that's assuming we will see a dedicated Direct, which is still up in the air.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
They can announce two characters in a Smash direct right? They did it with Simon (+ Richter Echo) and King K. Rool.

Think Elma might be announced there? Though if the order of the DLC codenames is an indication they may announce whomever Brave is after Joker

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
They can announce two characters in a Smash direct right? They did it with Simon (+ Richter Echo) and King K. Rool.

Think Elma might be announced there? Though if the order of the DLC codenames is an indication they may announce whomever Brave is after Joker
To be honest I dont think they'll announce 2 characters in this direct. They'd probably open with Joker and say he'll be available later today. They'd also reveal some mii fighter costumes, some new game modes new features, new spirits, and other new content. They'd end with showing who the new fighter is is my guess.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
To be honest I dont think they'll announce 2 characters in this direct. They'd probably open with Joker and say he'll be available later today. They'd also reveal some mii fighter costumes, some new game modes new features, new spirits, and other new content. They'd end with showing who the new fighter is is my guess.
That's my prediction as well. Considering that they only have 4 characters left until 2020 I don't see them revealing and releasing more than one at a time.

D

Deleted member

So I was thinking about Elma's stage, and while we all want things like traveling stages, or other gimmicky ones, how would you guys think a tournament-legal stage would look like?

I mean, I would rather have a fun but not legal stage then a boring but legal stage, but I was just wondering about how it would look. What do yall think it would look like?

#Elma4Smash

Smash Cadet
So I was thinking about Elma's stage, and while we all want things like traveling stages, or other gimmicky ones, how would you guys think a tournament-legal stage would look like?

I mean, I would rather have a fun but not legal stage then a boring but legal stage, but I was just wondering about how it would look. What do yall think it would look like?
You could just have a travelling stage, and have it legal with hazards off

Calamitas

Smash Champion

The huge cranes on the ring surrounding NLA.

PossibleSmashStage15.png

Depending on their elevation, those could easily function as platforms, both "soft" and "hard" ones. For a bit of visual variety, the game could also randomly change the perspective from which the stage is shown, having either an NLA view side, or a Primordia view side. Basically, it'd be two X settings for the price of one!

And tbh, I don't really want any travelling stages for anything myself. I just find their background way too visually distracting. Just makes it more difficult for me to focus on the battle.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I always though New Los Angelos would be a good safe pick for a stage based on X. Personally, I do want a traveling stage to showcase many of X's areas.

I actually think X is one the games to more easily make a stage out of. They could easily reuse the assets of whatever place they wanted to make out of, and adjust them for smash.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
A travel stage would be kind of hard to do but the greatest advertisement for XCX in smash bros. Look at all these cool places you can go visit, see all the animals and landmarks you can go to, listen to the music of the game. NLA could be a good map though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I guess I’m of the unpopular opinion that it should be their most unique scenic place, which to me would be either Noctilum’s Divine Roost (with a possible Endbringer stage boss) or Sylvalum’s Lake Ciel (dat music doe)

It would likely be NLA tho

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I guess I’m of the unpopular opinion that it should be their most unique scenic place, which to me would be either Noctilum’s Divine Roost (with a possible Endbringer stage boss) or Sylvalum’s Lake Ciel (dat music doe)

It would likely be NLA tho
Ehh, I honestly don't think that the Divine Roost would make that visually outstanding of a stage. As far as Noctilum goes, there really are better places to pick for that.

Anyway, unrelated, but here's a ****post.

XBCX153.jpg

BlessTheRains.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's my prediction as well. Considering that they only have 4 characters left until 2020 I don't see them revealing and releasing more than one at a time.
I could see 2 characters being announced and released at E3 though. It happened in Smash 4's DLC cycle with Roy and Ryu both being announced and released on the same day in June, so it can happen again.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I could see 2 characters being announced and released at E3 though. It happened in Smash 4's DLC cycle with Roy and Ken both being announced and released on the same day in June, so it can happen again.
But Roy was a veteran (and a semiclone) and lacked a stage and music, which we know that this time every fighter will have. Also after that surplus we had 6 months without a character until Cloud in December, where they released mostly Mii Costumes and Stages, and considering that this time there seems to be more focus on the 5 picks that were chosen before the end of development and that they will most likely not release stages outside of the Fighter Pass I think that they will better distrubute them trought the year.

I really doubt they would release 3 out of the 5 characters planned until February 2020 in June 2019.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
The E3 talk is important to note. Since 2 characters will (supposedly) be released. Hopfully we'll get info on monloths next project.

Random question but does Sega have a big foothold in E3?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Top Bottom