• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Do we know if Nintendo will have a presence at VGA 2018?
I think it was already confirmed months ago that Reggie would be attending. He was also wearing a Metroid shirt for the announcement of that, so something relating to Metroid Prime 4 seems likely.
Unrelated, but Aounuma teased a Skyward Sword HD for Switch at a Zelda concert. Seems like any kind of Nintendo news blow-out might be possible in the near future.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Do we know if Nintendo will have a presence at VGA 2018?
They have for the past few years, though they might not be promoting a first party game necessarily. Last year, they announced Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3 for the Switch.

#Elma4Smash

Smash Cadet

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
ok i found something, but DONT take it too seriously because i dont know if its true, apparently someone that datamined the game found that there are open slots in the xenoblade music folder, and that the fighter pass placeholder starts with an "E". https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/397096610347220992/516029700020109332/unknown.png
i found this link in the xenoblade x discord, but this message doesnt come from there
(Gwin) Evans for Smash

This could be something big. Let's hope this means something, because it might be Elma. Again, this might be fake and/or just wrong considering no one else has found it. Maybe wait for some confirmation one way or another.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
The reason I don't believe that leak is because nobody except that guy has said that so far, and no actual evidence besides written posts on discord. The community would've exploded by now if that were true.

Please take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
ok i found something, but DONT take it too seriously because i dont know if its true, apparently someone that datamined the game found that there are open slots in the xenoblade music folder, and that the fighter pass placeholder starts with an "E". https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/397096610347220992/516029700020109332/unknown.png
i found this link in the xenoblade x discord, but this message doesnt come from there
While this does sound nice and promissing, I have my doubts on that. I really don't think that the music files work that way, both in regards to folders and them having slots.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
They have for the past few years, though they might not be promoting a first party game necessarily. Last year, they announced Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3 for the Switch.
I hope they just do a Netherrealm and just reveal who the 5 DLC characters are gonna be. They've already decided who they're gonna be.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Don't want to overhype and set up myself for false clues; however, since the full game released early that means any findings from datamining will determine who gets in.

Following Dataminers is the most optimal at this point.
Edit: I am hoping this "Elma" finding is not a huge prank.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
What does "open slots in the Xenoblade music folder" mean, exactly? The tracklist for Smash Ultimate (https://pastebin.com/DkpUAg81) just lists Xenoblade music under general Nintendo franchises and prefaces them with "XBD" or "XBD2" and they jump around a bit so they're not all grouped together not even the XB1 tracks. Are they sorted differently in the folders?

D

Deleted member

What does "open slots in the Xenoblade music folder" mean, exactly? The tracklist for Smash Ultimate (https://pastebin.com/DkpUAg81) just lists Xenoblade music under general Nintendo franchises and prefaces them with "XBD" or "XBD2" and they jump around a bit so they're not all grouped together not even the XB1 tracks. Are they sorted differently in the folders?
I smell bs tbh whoever posted that is probaby baiting (not #Elma4Smash #Elma4Smash I mean the person who is saying that XC has empty slots on Discord)

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Yeah, a whole bunch of dataminers would be echoing each other if they found placeholder data like that...

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Well, the Player Icons have been leaked, and despite both being in the game as spirits, Elma nor Rex have a player icon.

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Well, the Player Icons have been leaked, and despite both being in the game as spirits, Elma nor Rex have a player icon.
Dang. I was under the assumption that all spirits would be player icons. Thinking about it realistically, it probably wouldn't be doable. I was looking forward to having an Elma icon, however.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Dang. I was under the assumption that all spirits would be player icons. Thinking about it realistically, it probably wouldn't be doable. I was looking forward to having an Elma icon, however.
for Player Icons, Xenoblade has Shulk, Shulk alt, Riki Assist, Mecha Fiora Spirit, Dunban Spirit, Metal Face Spirit, Pyra Spirit, Mythra Spirit.

Last edited:

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Who knows. If Elma is DLC we could get her player icons. I dont know if these could "deconfirm" a character or not. If so, RIP those players.

Last edited:

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, how likely is it that Rex And Elma are DLC somehow?
For one XC character, I wanna say around 90% mostly in A XCX favor.
For Rex plus an XCX character I'd say not as likely. Adding too many characters from one game series ticks off the other fan base. (IE fire emblem in Smash 4.)

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
for Player Icons, Xenoblade has Shulk, Shulk alt, Riki Assist, Mecha Fiora Spirit, Dunban Spirit, Metal Face Spirit, Pyra Spirit, Mythra Spirit.
Yeah, I got what you meant originally. I was just saying that I'd like to have used an Elma icon for the Smash Tag that you have when playing online. We saw one with Geno in the direct, so that's why I had hope.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I wanna believe!!!

But I agree with everyone else here. We need someone else to come out and say if this is true or not since this is big news if true.

#Elma4Smash

Smash Cadet
That's so weird, why would they put mythra and pyra icons but not rex??? What??? Also no xenoblade x icons... that's disappointing... but hey i saw isaac, geno and shantae there, i know a lot of people care about those characters so im very happy for them

D

Deleted member

That's so weird, why would they put mythra and pyra icons but not rex??? What??? Also no xenoblade x icons... that's disappointing... but hey i saw isaac, geno and shantae there, i know a lot of people care about those characters so im very happy for them
I feel like more people care about the waifus then Rex tbh

And no Elma icon MIGHT be a good thing for us, always look on the bright side ;)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I feel like more people care about the waifus then Rex tbh

And no Elma icon MIGHT be a good thing for us, always look on the bright side ;)
Yeah, even going by just popularity Pyra and Mythra are way more popular than Rex (and I would dare to same that some other party members like Nia or Morag are too).

And I agree about the icon, even tho it might not mean much it is at least something to keep in mind (and on a personal note now I don't have to feel torn between chosing her or Revolver Ocelot as my icon, so that's something at least).

D

Deleted member

Yeah, even going by just popularity Pyra and Mythra are way more popular than Rex (and I would dare to same that some other party members like Nia or Morag are too).

And I agree about the icon, even tho it might not mean much it is at least something to keep in mind (and on a personal note now I don't have to feel torn between chosing her or Revolver Ocelot as my icon, so that's something at least).
I wonder if they're gonna track icon usage so we can finally settle the debate on Pyra or Mythra ;)

though I don't think people are gonna run Mythra at all with how weird her Spirit is... does her icon also look like that?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I wonder if they're gonna track icon usage so we can finally settle the debate on Pyra or Mythra ;)

though I don't think people are gonna run Mythra at all with how weird her Spirit is... does her icon also look like that?
TBH I was Team Pyra once, but after Torna I love Mythra a lot, so I would settle the debate on Both are good.
The icon is a close up of her face, so it looks fine, you can barely see the added cloth on her cleavage.

D

Deleted member

TBH I was Team Pyra once, but after Torna I love Mythra a lot, so I would settle the debate on Both are good.
The icon is a close up of her face, so it looks fine, you can barely see the added cloth on her cleavage.
Aight tbh I don't care about her stuff being censored just that they censored her legs really badly. I'll probably run her bc after Torna she's really great

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Unrelated, but I just had a thought regarding DLC music for a Xenoblade pack. Since Sawano would only be "added" to Ultimate's composers with DLC, I kinda doubt that he'd also provide remixes for series other than Xenoblade. Which leads me to this idea: Sawano remixes for XBC1(/2) songs. That, and ACE+ remixes for songs from X.

What do you think?

Icana

Smash Apprentice

Sawano's becoming a big name. Keep growing bro!! T_T

Unrelated, but I just had a thought regarding DLC music for a Xenoblade pack. Since Sawano would only be "added" to Ultimate's composers with DLC, I kinda doubt that he'd also provide remixes for series other than Xenoblade. Which leads me to this idea: Sawano remixes for XBC1(/2) songs. That, and ACE+ remixes for songs from X.

What do you think?
That'd be cool, but I don't think it'll happen. I think Sawano's likely to do one or two remixes just for X, which he worked on, and that's it. I can't remember the last time Sawano's remixed another composers work. I know he remixed the Gundam Unicorn ED's for a Unicorn concert a year or so ago. From there, I can't remember anything recent at all. Gotta go back years to hear Sawano remixes of works outside of his.

But, it is Smash Bros, so you never know.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

What do you think?
I mean, he could tecnically do some remixes for the other DLC fighters, but IDK if his style would go well with the tracks from XC 1 and 2.

Last edited:

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Serious question on a non serious topic, do you think Elma will have an alternate skin in her bikini? Their isnt that much sex appeal in this smash bros compared to the others?

D

Deleted member

Serious question on a non serious topic, do you think Elma will have an alternate skin in her bikini? Their isnt that much sex appeal in this smash bros compared to the others?
With how much they butchered Mythra's outfit, there's no way in hell.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'd hope not. Elma is basically not sexualized at all in X or her appearance in 2, so I'd really prefer it if they'd keep it that way.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
With how much they butchered Mythra's outfit, there's no way in hell.
So we get shirtless monado boy, dat Booty on a snake, and so many yaoi characters as well as training room samus, that's fine. But Mythra showing off her legs? Nah that's too much. Sponsorship is weird in games.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Less sex appeal in Ultimate than in other Smash games? Here we have Shulk's and ZSS' alts were they were less clothes, freacking Bayonetta that still does her shenanigans and don't make me start on that juicy:ultsnake: butt.

But speaking of Elma...No, I can't really see her with a swimsuit alt, especially since she has other option, like a modern fashion gear woth a tank top and jeans or her late game appereance as good picks for an alt.

Top Bottom