• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind Rex and Pyra in Smash at all, I think they could bring some very interesting things to the table. My schadenfreude would be from watching people get stuck in their tunnel vision again and get BTFO when they ignore all evidence contrary to their expectations (cough Grinch Leak cough).

You're right though, I'm not really one to kick 'em when they're down. If Elma does get revealed I'm not gonna give 'em grief over it.
Sadly the same cannot be said for them if Rex does get in over Elma, you know how these people work. I shudder to think what is going on over at the Rex thread right now.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Okay, let's. . . just change the subject to move away from the negativity for now, okay? Because I got something I was wondering. Namely, does anyone else dislike how the colour palette in X is just generally extremely muted? Here, let me give you a couple of examples:

PossibleSmashStage1.jpg

PossibleSmashStage13.png

PossibleSmashStage12.jpg

PossibleSmashStage15.png

PossibleSmashStage6.jpg

PossibleSmashStage16.png

XBCX115.jpg

PossibleSmashStage19.png

PossibleSmashStage11.jpg

PossibleSmashStage20.png

I know some of these edited screenshots here may be a bit overdoing it, but those are really just some very basic edits. But for as much as I dislike 2, having an actual colour palette is something that it did unquestionably right.

Mmmh, same... XC2 leaves a bad taste in my mouth but I understand why it's popular...
Tbh I don't even understand that

Sadly the same cannot be said for them if Rex does get in over Elma, you know how these people work. I shudder to think what is going on over at the Rex thread right now.
I actually check that place out of curiosity from time to time, and they're pretty civil there. There's some overlap between this thread and that thread, too, so there's some positives mention of Elma there. But most of the time, they just seem to be doing the general Smash fanbase thing, and ignore Elma and X altogether. That, and there was some pretty hypocritical complaining about. . . well, people here criticizing 2, and going "Uh, no, actually, 2 is the best!" recently.

Last edited:

CyberSkies

Smash Rookie
NNID
kronax_master
Switch FC
SW 2962 1993 0304
Okay, let's. . . just change the subject to move away from the negativity for now, okay? Because I got something I was wondering. Namely, does anyone else dislike how the colour palette in X is just generally extremely muted? Here, let me give you a couple of examples:

I know some of these edited screenshots here may be a bit overdoing it, but those are really just some very basic edits. But for as much as I dislike 2, having an actual colour palette is something that it did unquestionably right.
I think it was a stylistic choice to draw more attention to the brighter colors of the world at night. This concept particularly shines for me in sylvalum and noctilum but I'll agree oblivia and primordia could be a teensy bit more saturated.

I wouldn't want a full art style shift to anime-esque like XC2 got.

Tbh I don't even understand that
waifus + gacha = money

D

Deleted member

Tbh the main point going in favor of Rex (and therefore againsy Elma) is that people say the dlc characters were decided recently, but if the list has third parties on it (which is probably does) it was probably given to Sakurai way back in 2015-2016 because getting licenses takes time. Granted, characters might have been added to the list, but I don't think Nintendo would screw with development that much. I mean I love Rex and Pyra very much I actually kinda want them more then Elma tbh but at this point, to say they have more of a chance then Elma is kinda disingenuous. The only chance they have at this point is if Sakurai really got the list in 2017 onwards and just didn't look at it until he finished the main game until the point that it just needed polish, and then he saw the characters and picked them out. But at that point I doubt it

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice

I usually prefer more saturation too, but I think having more gray works for Xenoblade X. I mean, on the primary promotional art you see the gray storm clouds, and it fits with the theme. The point was also to look more realistic, and I think the slightly more dull looking grass over the extremely vibrant grass IS more realistic... Mira isn't supposed to be very welcoming.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I guess I should apologize for spreading some negativity around here in the first place, solely based on what I see online via subreddits, gamefaqs, etc. Especially since it's starting to sound less like I want to support Elma's chances and more like I just simply don't want to give those fanatics the satisfaction that they were right.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I guess I should apologize for spreading some negativity around here in the first place, solely based on what I see online via subreddits, gamefaqs, etc. Especially since it's starting to sound less like I want to support Elma's chances and more like I just simply don't want to give those fanatics the satisfaction that they were right.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Preach brother. This community has such an awful case of tunnel vision and confirmation bias.

I am so ready for the Rex/Pyra salt if Elma arrives, it'll be delicious.
Its reactions like this that made me took a break in general from Smash discussion and Xenoblade discussion.

I lurk in both this thread and the Rex thread and what we are creating now is well a bloodfued between those 2 fanbases, while I'm more of the mindset that it doesn't matter which Xeno rep gets in, as long it gets a 2nd rep, but well I can already see the outcome at this point, in that no matter who gets in, the winning party will rub salt on the losing party. (this is the reason why I never was active in the Lucario thread, even though he is my main, but Mewtwo fans and Lucario fans where at eachothers throats for years, and when Lucario was confirmed for Smash 4, they basically became the evil they fought against for years)

I feel people also forget why X became such a basebreaker in the first place, and that is you had people that played and praised the original, and some of those people were expecting the same thing again, and like I said before if you have this mindset, X is not the game for you or needs to be viewed from a different standpoint.

But yeah I have been part of group that started here in since the Shulk thread, after since X released that group basically split up, because you had some rotten apples that witchhunted you if you said you prefferred the original game and were not allowed to point out flaws (and I don't mean the forum clichés like the "music sucks", but stuff like "I wish they handled the party system better") and sadly I feel that mindset also spread to other forums.

A disadvantage X fans also have on forums is that X ended on a cliffhanger and Monolith is imo waiting to long with the sequal, creating the effect that Monolith could not be interested in making it to some people and Takahashi is infamous for not completing stories in the past, and you will always have people that will try to twist that stuff for trolling.

As for who's the most likely for DLC, I feel both characters still have things in their favour.

Elma can perfectly bundled as a DLC pack and technically could rep a "new franchise" because X imo is a thing on its own and Elma would rep the other side of the Xenoblade series.

Rex & Pyra(Solo Mythra) are from the most successfull game and we don't know yet if a Mii costume or spirits is a hard deconfirm (I lean more to yes offcourse, but its worth nothing Mythra is not a spirit, and i'm confident the majority of the XB2 fanbase more wants Pyra/Mythra then Rex, because Rex is more the necessary poison, to get Pyra)

Last but not least, I feel KOS-MOS could be an underdog for DLC, because she is a Namco and a Xeno rep

D

Deleted member

I really hope that either Rex or Elma get in tbh Xenoblade is a really good growing franchise, and if Nintendo wants to make it one of their tentpole RPG franchises then having more Smash representation for it is the way to go.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
So... how likely do you all think Elma is for DLC?
I thought she was a near certainty until the recent Sakurai tweet. While there isn't any timeline given to it the way it was put out made it sound like a more recent development than a 'years ago' thing. Not only does that mess with Elma's timeline advantage but it also makes her an odd choice for promotion, being a character with no confirmed future in development and a past that doesn't profit Nintendo because of the older console.

That said, this just moves her away from 'near certainty imo' and closer to 'one of the more likely candidates'. She's in a good spot but some things don't add up to me anymore is all.

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice
It won't be long before someone gets the chance to data mine the game and figure out every spirit. I'll be interested to see if Bandana Waddle Dee, Elma, or any other Nintendo characters likely for DLC are in the game as one. We don't know enough right now to say if spirits with the exact name of a character deconfirm that character or not.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It won't be long before someone gets the chance to data mine the game and figure out every spirit. I'll be interested to see if Bandana Waddle Dee, Elma, or any other Nintendo characters likely for DLC are in the game as one. We don't know enough right now to say if spirits with the exact name of a character deconfirm that character or not.
I feel so strange about datamines. On one hand, I love cut content or upcoming content so technically it's fascinating. On the other, surprises for Smash specifically are part of the fun. I hope we don't get any datamines...at least not for big surprises.

Then again the Star Allies datamines only made me more excited for the game so who knows.

aarchak

Smash Ace
I don't think we should keep hating on 2 here. Yeah, many people here didn't like it, but many other people DID, including me btw, and I think not putting Rex down for Elma is something we all need to do. They're both likely as DLC characters, and I think we should congratulate the other side if Rex gets in.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't think we should keep hating on 2 here. Yeah, many people here didn't like it, but many other people DID, including me btw, and I think not putting Rex down for Elma is something we all need to do. They're both likely as DLC characters, and I think we should congratulate the other side if Rex gets in.
Yeah, it can be easy to be bitter - I am, just a little - but at the same time it's all Xenoblade. Don't want to seem like a grumpy fanbase no one wants to associate with.

Can we be a LITTLE put-downy towards people who hate on X? Just a little?

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Hey guys I like Elma I think she's a really cool looking character I hope she makes it into Smash because I see a lot going for her

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or did this thread get a lot more toxic and combative lately? The past few pages have been mostly people attacking others for even daring to suggest that Rex was more likely than Elma.

aarchak

Smash Ace
Is it just me or did this thread get a lot more toxic and combative lately? The past few pages have been mostly people attacking others for even daring to suggest that Rex was more likely than Elma.
While I don't think people have quite been attacking others, many people have been more vocal about their dislike of XC2, and how they didn't like Rex. So still toxic.

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice
I agree, I liked XC2 a lot overall (even if I thought it had MANY problems), and it would be best to try to avoid making other Xenoblade fans upset. At the same time, I genuinely think Rex's only chance for DLC is after these 5 characters. I don't really want Rex because his design is meh, he's so slow during combat, I dislike his English voice and don't think I'd like his playstyle in Smash. I won't be angry if he gets in...I'll still be upset at the total lack of Xenoblade X content, but I would've been satisfied with some Sawano songs. I can always get behind more Xenoblade stages/music regardless of the character though.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I'm confident the lack of X music, is because of Sawano. Like its really not that farfetched that the copyright could mean that it can only be used for Xenoblade games and Sakurai would need to get the A-ok from him and maybe licensing fees(and honestly base game is already insane licensing wise with all those 3rd parties)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm confident the lack of X music, is because of Sawano. Like its really not that farfetched that the copyright could mean that it can only be used for Xenoblade games and Sakurai would need to get the A-ok from him and maybe licensing fees(and honestly base game is already insane licensing wise with all those 3rd parties)
I wouldn't be so sure about it. He is actually really open about licensing his works unlike what his status would suggest, for example not only 2 of his songs are in XC2 (and honestly the idea of "they are usable just for Xenoblade" sounds a little farfetched to me) but some of his pieces for Gundam are in a rhythm game IIRC. XCX songs probably aren't harder than any other song to get.
They probably aren't in the base game because they wouldn't fit with the Gaur Plain stage aesthetics, so
Case 1) They are holding them off for Elma's DLC pack that will come with a XCX stage alongside the music.
Case 2) He simply decided to not include music from it. That would be the case if we would have seen at least OTHER representations of XCX, like an AT or an item, but just a SKELL Spirit is way to suspicious for this.

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I wouldn't be so sure about it. He is actually really open about licensing his works unlike what his status would suggest, for example not only 2 of his songs are in XC2 (and honestly the idea of "they are usable just for Xenoblade" sounds a little farfetched to me) but some of his pieces for Gundam are in a rhythm game IIRC. XCX songs probably aren't harder than any other song to get.
They probably aren't in the base game because they wouldn't fit with the Gaur Plain stage aesthetics, so
Case 1) They are holding them off for Elma's DLC pack that will come with a XCX stage alongside the music.
Case 2) He simply decided to not include music from it. That would be the case if we would have seen at least OTHER representations of XCX, like an AT or an item, but just a SKELL Spirit is way to suspicious for this.
Then I feel its case 1

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Its reactions like this that made me took a break in general from Smash discussion and Xenoblade discussion.

I lurk in both this thread and the Rex thread and what we are creating now is well a bloodfued between those 2 fanbases, while I'm more of the mindset that it doesn't matter which Xeno rep gets in, as long it gets a 2nd rep, but well I can already see the outcome at this point, in that no matter who gets in, the winning party will rub salt on the losing party. (this is the reason why I never was active in the Lucario thread, even though he is my main, but Mewtwo fans and Lucario fans where at eachothers throats for years, and when Lucario was confirmed for Smash 4, they basically became the evil they fought against for years)

I feel people also forget why X became such a basebreaker in the first place, and that is you had people that played and praised the original, and some of those people were expecting the same thing again, and like I said before if you have this mindset, X is not the game for you or needs to be viewed from a different standpoint.

But yeah I have been part of group that started here in since the Shulk thread, after since X released that group basically split up, because you had some rotten apples that witchhunted you if you said you prefferred the original game and were not allowed to point out flaws (and I don't mean the forum clichés like the "music sucks", but stuff like "I wish they handled the party system better") and sadly I feel that mindset also spread to other forums.

A disadvantage X fans also have on forums is that X ended on a cliffhanger and Monolith is imo waiting to long with the sequal, creating the effect that Monolith could not be interested in making it to some people and Takahashi is infamous for not completing stories in the past, and you will always have people that will try to twist that stuff for trolling.

As for who's the most likely for DLC, I feel both characters still have things in their favour.

Elma can perfectly bundled as a DLC pack and technically could rep a "new franchise" because X imo is a thing on its own and Elma would rep the other side of the Xenoblade series.

Rex & Pyra(Solo Mythra) are from the most successfull game and we don't know yet if a Mii costume or spirits is a hard deconfirm (I lean more to yes offcourse, but its worth nothing Mythra is not a spirit, and i'm confident the majority of the XB2 fanbase more wants Pyra/Mythra then Rex, because Rex is more the necessary poison, to get Pyra)

Last but not least, I feel KOS-MOS could be an underdog for DLC, because she is a Namco and a Xeno rep
Yeah that was pretty ****ty of me to say in hindsight. To be clear, I wasn't really talking about salt as in being glad that Rex and Pyra aren't in the game, I think they'd be a cool addition. I was talking about the salt that inevitably happens when this community never takes Sakurai at his word and get themselves in a tizzy because of their own unrealistic expectations based on their own biases. I never played the Xenoblade games and don't really plan to soon, a bit too complicated for my monkey brain to handle, I just think that of all the potential options for Xenoblade representation Elma is by far the best.

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Yeah that was pretty ****ty of me to say in hindsight. To be clear, I wasn't really talking about salt as in being glad that Rex and Pyra aren't in the game, I think they'd be a cool addition. I was talking about the salt that inevitably happens when this community never takes Sakurai at his word and get themselves in a tizzy because of their own unrealistic expectations based on their own biases. I never played the Xenoblade games and don't really plan to soon, a bit too complicated for my monkey brain to handle, I just think that of all the potential options for Xenoblade representation Elma is by far the best.
No worries my man, I just want both Elma and Rex fans to get allong. A rivalry is ok I guess if you respect eachother

Mistaros

Smash Cadet
It s been a while since i posted here and I m a little sad this place deterioated like this.
I will not say we are not culprit here because we are, but we are culprit for letting the bad seeds taking roots in our community. The seeds are principally the hate culture that exist online. And I think i m also a culprit because I hate rex and I think I really dislike xenoblade 2 as a game, but i don t have the courage to go through my old messages to see if have i have posted hate comment about XB2. But if someone is interested i can make a post about all the thing i dislike about XB2 and why I think it s the worst xenoblade, but not the subject today. And i will not hate on someone who love XB2 because this person just has deifferent taste compared to me.

Here I will explain the seeds. Since the release of xeno X we have taken some real **** on our face since day one for a portion of the community that wanted xeno X to be like xeno 1 and can't see xeno X as the game is but only compared to xeno 1. So the seeds where from a portion of the xenoblade community, i repeat a portion. This portion were and is still really vocal.

And then the smash speculation begin and again we were thrown some **** at our faces. To the point were the main argument was nintendo will not acknowledge this game because its trash or even the worst game ever ( i saw people claiming this). If you really think X is trash or the worst ever, you clearly didn't played a lot of video games.
And in the smash community a consensus is that it s rex vs elma. And for a lot of people he was the favorite ( and its king of stupid if you look at newcomer, the newcomers are always from the previous gen). So the haters have now a new thing to put on our faces, everyone wants rex and forget you ****ty character from a ****ty game.
And even for a little we wanted elma in smash to put on their faces that elma and XCX is important for nintendo, because all our other arguments were responded by the same **** each time : she will not be in smash because it s a bad forgotten game. And if nintendo is the supreme authority for them, so be it. We were hopping they will choose her.

And know you take all this hate from a community for 2 years and after you take all this from 2 community until the annoncement of the last newcomers... Of course it will change people...

And now a lot of people start to think that elma is more and more likely, we are happy about that but we start to becoming pretentious and that s not good !

So I'm deeply sorry that we have become like this...
But I remember that before showing my support for elma on this thread, a lot of people on smash boards were telling that the elma's thread was one of the better thread because we were chill and only about love for our character and nice consideration for other characters. Let s get back to this time guys.

I will not say this is the fault of this guy or this guy.
I didn't read through all the posts because I don't have a great connection since 15 days.

We are all culprits here not only elma's supporters but everyone who posted, post or will post hate messages. And i'm sad about it.

English is not my native langage, sorry for all the mistakes and I hope I have clearly said what I wanted to say.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I hope the lack of XCX content really does hint towards her.

I'll be very happy if she makes it in.

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
I really think we all are just getting antsy and need the game, it’s so so so close!

Honestly, I would be surprised if there’s no X content in the game...like if Elma isn’t a playable character I thought she would 110% be an assist trophy as I think she could be a cool assist with her skell or just slinging and sliding around.

Obviously want her to be playable way more but it is a little weird she seems to be missing..or anything from X for that matter

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Mistaros Mistaros your summary basically nails it perfectly what went wrong in the overall Xenoblade fanbase and well Smash speculation also sadly fuels it, because then you get scenario's that you have people that say "Xenoblade doesn't deserve a rep, because of my self made up fan rules"

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
For the lack of X music it is worth pointing out Sakurai does have huge blind spots for certain franchises. He didn't understand why people disliked Wario losing his shoulder barge forward smash from Brawl for instance (any Wario Land fan will tell you it's horribly underrepresented in Smash despite having its main character in). We're only seeing more platformer Wario content in Smash 5 like Spirits from Master of Disguise, and we've heard no WL music yet. And he got his shoulder barge back.

Replace "Wario Land" with XCX and WarioWare with numbered XC games and you're not too far off from what X is getting in Smash. I think if people make him aware there's more fans of X then he thinks he could rectify its treatment but after Ultimate that's not necessarily happening.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I think it was a stylistic choice to draw more attention to the brighter colors of the world at night. This concept particularly shines for me in sylvalum and noctilum but I'll agree oblivia and primordia could be a teensy bit more saturated.

I wouldn't want a full art style shift to anime-esque like XC2 got.
Is that second piece even taken in-game? Because I'm pretty sure that nighttime Noctilum is not that colourful. Generally, I think the only continent that really has any colour at nighttime is Sylvalum. I'm not saying that X2 should go for a full anime-style like 2 did (especially not in regards to the character designs), but putting some more colour in wouldn't really hurt.

waifus + gacha = money
Okay, not to drag this entire thing out any more, but as much as I'd agree with this jokingly, there's also the fact that the game came out in the first year of the Switch's life cycle, and Xenoblade had already been getting a big boost in popularity because of Shulk in Smash and general advertisement.

I usually prefer more saturation too, but I think having more gray works for Xenoblade X. I mean, on the primary promotional art you see the gray storm clouds, and it fits with the theme. The point was also to look more realistic, and I think the slightly more dull looking grass over the extremely vibrant grass IS more realistic... Mira isn't supposed to be very welcoming.
I mean, it could also still be intimidating and not welcoming if there was a bit more colour there. Seriously, if you put base game screenshots next to some screenshots with increased saturation, the original looks basically gray.

But if someone is interested i can make a post about all the thing i dislike about XB2 and why I think it s the worst xenoblade, but not the subject today. And i will not hate on someone who love XB2 because this person just has deifferent taste compared to me.
I'd be interested in that, actually, but I agree that this thread doesn't really need any more of that. Maybe you could send me that in private message, or something like that?

For the lack of X music it is worth pointing out Sakurai does have huge blind spots for certain franchises. He didn't understand why people disliked Wario losing his shoulder barge forward smash from Brawl for instance (any Wario Land fan will tell you it's horribly underrepresented in Smash despite having its main character in). We're only seeing more platformer Wario content in Smash 5 like Spirits from Master of Disguise, and we've heard no WL music yet. And he got his shoulder barge back.

Replace "Wario Land" with XCX and WarioWare with numbered XC games and you're not too far off from what X is getting in Smash. I think if people make him aware there's more fans of X then he thinks he could rectify its treatment but after Ultimate that's not necessarily happening.
The difference here being that Xenoblade as a series has only a grand total of three games, as opposed to the Wario series having far more games than that. I really don't think that your comparison works well at all.

CyberSkies

Smash Rookie
NNID
kronax_master
Switch FC
SW 2962 1993 0304
The difference here being that Xenoblade as a series has only a grand total of three games, as opposed to the Wario series having far more games than that. I really don't think that your comparison works well at all.
Three games? Uhhh, Xenogears and Xenosaga??? If you're not gonna count those then I wouldn't consider XCX as a part of the "Xenoblade Series either" since their gameplay and design are so different.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Three games? Uhhh, Xenogears and Xenosaga??? If you're not gonna count those then I wouldn't consider XCX as a part of the "Xenoblade Series either" since their gameplay and design are so different.
If anything X is closer to the Gears and Saga games than Blade 1 or 2. Blade wasn't originally even going to be a Xeno game when it was first concepted.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Prrrretty sure that Nintendo doesn't exactly have the rights to the other two series, so three Xenoblade games it is.

CyberSkies

Smash Rookie
NNID
kronax_master
Switch FC
SW 2962 1993 0304
Prrrretty sure that Nintendo doesn't exactly have the rights to the other two series, so three Xenoblade games it is.
They were still made by Monolith, have similar gameplay, and have the Xeno- naming convention. Is Bayonetta not a Bayonetta game because Nintendo didn't publish it?

aarchak

Smash Ace
They were still made by Monolith, have similar gameplay, and have the Xeno- naming convention. Is Bayonetta not a Bayonetta game because Nintendo didn't publish it?
Xenogears was made by Monolithsoft staff, but Monolithsoft didn't even exist then, and Xenogears and Xenosaga use a more traditional turn-based strategy system, while all the Xenoblade games go for an MMO-like real-time system. There's a vast difference between the 2 series.

CyberSkies

Smash Rookie
NNID
kronax_master
Switch FC
SW 2962 1993 0304
Xenogears was made by Monolithsoft staff, but Monolithsoft didn't even exist then, and Xenogears and Xenosaga use a more traditional turn-based strategy system, while all the Xenoblade games go for an MMO-like real-time system. There's a vast difference between the 2 series.
Fair, Though I would argue that even Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 1&2 have vastly different design choices. Xenoblade X is very much an openworld game with an emphasis on large interwoven side characters where Xenoblade 1&2 have much more contained designs. I'd honestly hardly even call them openworld. Honestly Xenoblade X shouldn't have been labeled with Xenoblade.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Oi this thread is pretty toxic. I want to support Elma for DLC because I think she'd be great representation in multiple ways, but all this hate makes me feel like **** for even thinking about liking XB2. I hope she gets in the game but I think I might just chill elsewhere.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Fair, Though I would argue that even Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 1&2 have vastly different design choices. Xenoblade X is very much an openworld game with an emphasis on large interwoven side characters where Xenoblade 1&2 have much more contained designs. I'd honestly hardly even call them openworld. Honestly Xenoblade X shouldn't have been labeled with Xenoblade.
One could argue it's the opposite and that what makes a Xeno a "Xeno" isn't the gameplay but the religious, science fiction, and existential themes. With that in mind, perhaps X should have really been called something like Xenocross.

It's just interesting. Blade wasn't originally a Xeno game. I don't think that makes it bad by any means - it's a damn good game. But when it was being developed it was given the Xenoblade name to tie it to the Xeno series so it would sell. Kind of like how X was given the Xenoblade name. It's just kinda funny I guess.

Oi this thread is pretty toxic. I want to support Elma for DLC because I think she'd be great representation in multiple ways, but all this hate makes me feel like **** for even thinking about liking XB2. I hope she gets in the game but I think I might just chill elsewhere.
Plenty of people like XC2 in this thread my dude. It's all good. People have different feelings about every game in the series. No one's gonna hate on anyone for liking what they like.

Last edited:

CyberSkies

Smash Rookie
NNID
kronax_master
Switch FC
SW 2962 1993 0304
Plenty of people like XC2 in this thread my dude. It's all good. People have different feelings about every game in the series. No one's gonna hate on anyone for liking what they like.
Myself and others have complained a bit about XC2 on here but I haven't really noticed anyone like attacking anyone. I don't think expressing your opinion on a game is really toxic.

Top Bottom