• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
OH MY GOD THIS HAPPENED FIVE DAYS AGO:
E0D91F8D-8E92-4AE3-86EA-F50281D1F1CD.png

note the question...

HMMMMM INTENSIFIES

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I mean, this sounds nice, but there's no way that that actually means something. Nintendo NDA ninjas would get her before you could even say "Uncontrollable".
Yeah, i agree. They removed Christopher Niosis voice from Three Houses because he broke NDA (and possibly because of certain other things).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, i agree. They removed Christopher Niosis voice from Three Houses because he broke NDA (and possibly because of certain other things).
Then again Niosi explicitly said in no uncertain terms he scored the role as Byleth. Caitlin seems to be dancing around saying yes or no in a not-breaking-NDA manner

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean, this sounds nice, but there's no way that that actually means something. Nintendo NDA ninjas would get her before you could even say "Uncontrollable".
But wouldn't her saying she wants Elma to be in it not implying exactly she actually is in it thus not breaking the NDA? I don't think she would be breaking a NDA with these words unless she hinted at it or straight up said she is in.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
But wouldn't her saying she wants Elma to be in it not implying exactly she actually is in it thus not breaking the NDA? I don't think she would be breaking a NDA with these words unless she hinted at it or straight up said she is in.
I don't know, these are a few too many mental gymnastics. After how trying to track Caitlin Glass' tweets and actions went for both the base roster and first pass, I'm just pretty disillusioned when it comes to that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't know, these are a few too many mental gymnastics. After how trying to track Caitlin Glass' tweets and actions went for both the base roster and first pass, I'm just pretty disillusioned when it comes to that.
The only thing I can remember Caitlin saying on Twitter was during around base game time when she said she was voicing a role in a game. That was almost 2 years ago and we still don't know what her secret role is.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The only thing I can remember Caitlin saying on Twitter was during around base game time when she said she was voicing a role in a game. That was almost 2 years ago and we still don't know what her secret role is.
it almost certainly isn't xenoblade 2 as she would have said so upon elma's xc2 reveal

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
it almost certainly isn't xenoblade 2 as she would have said so upon elma's xc2 reveal
I think Elma appeared in Xenoblade 2 before Caitlin announced that she was voicing a secret role on Twitter. I still believe it could be Smash honestly. The longer we are kept in the dark, the more I will think it's Smash.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think Elma appeared in Xenoblade 2 before Caitlin announced that she was voicing a secret role on Twitter. I still believe it could be Smash honestly. The longer we are kept in the dark, the more I will think it's Smash.
It wasn’t that new Borderlands, that’s for certain. Plus the “live action FMA movie” had a “maybe” attached to it so that can’t be it either, you wouldn’t say “maybe” when it comes to a NDA

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Would she be allowed to openly say that if Elma ends up being playable, though?

That being said, it's still cool to see her support.
Way I see it if it happens she'd be like, "Oh, look at that, it happened! ... That's right, I'm voicing Xenoblade Chronicles X's Elma in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!"

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So as some of you may know by now, the newest Sakurai famitsu column has leaked, and in this column, Sakurai states that IF any member of the dev team tests positive for the coronavirus they WILL delay development for all future DLC.

https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1239904083990827008
sharing from another thread. At the very least I do see a direct next week with XCDE info and MAYBE a Mewtwo/Joker/Terry style teaser with the full trailer at a presentation later on, but safety is important at this time

at least Sakurai’s hopefully finally getting a bit of a break

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
sharing from another thread. At the very least I do see a direct next week with XCDE info and MAYBE a Mewtwo/Joker/Terry style teaser with the full trailer at a presentation later on, but safety is important at this time

at least Sakurai’s hopefully finally getting a bit of a break
Pretty much this.

btw how are you guys and girl doing right now? (considering whats happening)

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much this.

Managing very well, staying somewhat occupied, keeping some distance from the densely-packed madness out in the big city. It’s the most I can really do at the moment, honestly.
How do you folks stave off... “Cabin Fever”?

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Pretty much this.

Eh... I'll admit, it's starting to get to me a little. I rarely got out as is, so losing what little I had has taken its tole. All I can do is hope that rumored Direct is more than a rumor.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Idk how long the curfews in my state and non essential services being closed will last. I hope to get my capture card in soon, cause I MIGHT stream Xenoblade X on my Wii U (yes I still have it)... haven’t decided yet. Though depending on when Xeno 1 DE releases I may stream that sooner as I just prefer my switch atm

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Idk how long the curfews in my state and non essential services being closed will last. I hope to get my capture card in soon, cause I MIGHT stream Xenoblade X on my Wii U (yes I still have it)... haven’t decided yet. Though depending on when Xeno 1 DE releases I may stream that sooner as I just prefer my switch atm
Consider me interested.

DetectiveSS

Smash Cadet
I wasn’t able to play X due to not having a Wii U, but I’d still greatly prefer Elma to Rex. I played Xenoblade 2 and really enjoyed it, but Rex just...kinda rubs me the wrong way. Plus, dual machine guns and dual swords? That’s cool.

Also, X’s soundtrack is a straight bop. It has a bit of a cheesy vibe, but honestly I think that’s part of the charm.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Now that a Arms rep is in I'm a lot more confident in Elma's chances now. I will go as far as to say she is a lock if we get another Nintendo rep in the Pass.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Crazy to think Elma is back on tracks and Rex too. Maybe we will see a second Xenoblade Chronicles rep.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I’m a bit confused

is the ARMS rep IN the pass, or a PP style Individual DLC?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Alright, I know this might be controversial, but I need to bring this up: Sakurai mentioned he would've included an Arms rep in base game had the circumstances been different. Remember who else he said about that? Rex. I know this DOES help Elma's chances, but we need to keep that in mind for speculation. Not that I'd be upset, of course. I'm one of those weird people who wants both. :)

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Hey, if this gives us Rex I won’t be the happiest, but silver lining would be that Xenoblade X music could come with him? Elma is still my top pick ever, but there could be positives.

Also, are we gonna talk about Xenoblade Definitive Edition? It seems like the entire voice cast is being reused, so Jenna Coleman is probably back for the Epilogue, at least I really hope. And seeing all the characters in HD made me so happy. Absolutely had to preorder the Collectors Edition as soon as I saw it. Literally paused the video so I could make sure to get it. That vinyl looks super nice and it’ll sound even better on my record player. I’m super pumped.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Also, are we gonna talk about Xenoblade Definitive Edition? It seems like the entire voice cast is being reused, so Jenna Coleman is probably back for the Epilogue, at least I really hope. And seeing all the characters in HD made me so happy. Absolutely had to preorder the Collectors Edition as soon as I saw it. Literally paused the video so I could make sure to get it. That vinyl looks super nice and it’ll sound even better on my record player. I’m super pumped.
To me it actually sounds like they're outright reusing the audio for the main story. There's just a notable difference in the way Shulk sounds when compared between the mains story and the epilogue (which might be because I played the original so many times, heh). Also keep in mind, we haven't acutally heard any of Melia's dialogue in the epilogue yet.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey, if this gives us Rex I won’t be the happiest, but silver lining would be that Xenoblade X music could come with him? Elma is still my top pick ever, but there could be positives.

I doubt they’d include X music with Rex or even Fiora if she’s somehow picked. It just wouldn’t make a lot of sense imo

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

On the topic of DE, it seems they made at least one connection to XC2.

Apparently, Alvis's necklace looks like and Aegis core crystal now. Granted, everything was going so fast, I didn't catch it myself, but apparently it's there.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
On the topic of DE, it seems they made at least one connection to XC2.

Apparently, Alvis's necklace looks like and Aegis core crystal now. Granted, everything was going so fast, I didn't catch it myself, but apparently it's there.

Yup, there it is. Personally I don't like that they're adding that in, but as long as that's all they're gonna do to retroactively fit in a connection, that's fine by me.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
To me it actually sounds like they're outright reusing the audio for the main story. There's just a notable difference in the way Shulk sounds when compared between the mains story and the epilogue (which might be because I played the original so many times, heh). Also keep in mind, we haven't acutally heard any of Melia's dialogue in the epilogue yet.
I noticed that as well. There’s a definite change since it’s been almost a decade since Adam Howden firs time voiced Shulk. I was also figuring that Jenna Coleman would come back for continuity’s sake. If they had a different voice for Melia only in the Epilogue, that’d be kind of strange when you’ve been hearing one voice for 60+ hours and then it changes. I would assume Melia would be completely recast if they needed to with everything considered.

I doubt they’d include X music with Rex or even Fiora if she’s somehow picked. It just wouldn’t make a lot of sense imo
That’s a fair assumption. The only other characters I’d actually want in from the series are Melia, Fiora, Dunban, Lora/Jin, or Morag/Brigid. And honestly any Xenoblade content is good (seriously give me more music from 2 and Torna if nothing else). Also, do you think that if KOS-MOS got in, would she come with Xenoblade music? She isn’t technically a Xenoblade character, so I wonder how Sakurai would view it to be honest.

Last edited:

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
From as far back as the games launch, the lack of music for ARMS sat alongside the lack of XCX music to me. Honestly this announcement felt huge for Elma to me, either that or maybe Rex (Though he at least got music). If the team withheld on ARMS FP content (Fighter, Stage, Music) with this in mind then that can only be a good sign.

Any ARMS fans here? Personally I'll be rooting for Min Min as I love her design, but ARMS music is where it's at <3

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
I’m excited for an ARMS rep! I get wanting to keep it secret but I’m guessing it’s gonna be Spring Man. I feel like it makes the most sense considering he’s the mascot along with Ribbon Girl. I do really want Min Min or Twintelle, but that’s just my gut feeling.

Also that cool collector’s edition is European only. I have the North American version preordered, but I’m importing for sure. Who in their right mind decided to make the steelbook, poster, and vinyl region exclusive. That suuuuuucks.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I'd like to remind everyone that ARMS didn't have any music or stages. It did have spirits and an AT.

XBX is also a similar to that as it didn't get a stage/music. But let's not get too excited the same could honestly be said about XB2 and especially Torna.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'd like to remind everyone that ARMS didn't have any music or stages. It did have spirits and an AT.

XBX is also a similar to that as it didn't get a stage/music. But let's not get too excited the same could honestly be said about XB2 and especially Torna.
XB2 did get music. Torna didn’t tho

so Elma and even Lora has a greater chance than Rex re:music factor. Maybe even Fiora cause XenoblaDE has rearranged tracks

Calamitas

Smash Champion
From as far back as the games launch, the lack of music for ARMS sat alongside the lack of XCX music to me. Honestly this announcement felt huge for Elma to me, either that or maybe Rex (Though he at least got music). If the team withheld on ARMS FP content (Fighter, Stage, Music) with this in mind then that can only be a good sign.

Any ARMS fans here? Personally I'll be rooting for Min Min as I love her design, but ARMS music is where it's at <3

That's actually just something that I wanted to point out myself as well. ARMS really is in kind of a similar situation to X, since it has no music, and a bunch of Spirits. Compared to that, 2 is honestly in a bit of worse spot right now, considering that it already has music, most of its party members as Spirits, and two Mii costumes.

Last edited:

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I just popped Smash in to refresh myself on how many ARMS spirits they decided to put in the game at launch... 5. That's a nice number of spirits.

Last edited:
Top Bottom