• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking all of the DLC for this fighter pass will be 3rd party. Maybe there will be one Nintendo character, but I would be extremely (pleasantly) surprised if it were a Xenoblade X character, considering how things are looking at the moment. If the Smash team ever decides to do another fighter pass, unfortunately (unless X2 is on the horizon with Elma playing a major role), Rex seems more likely to be put in due to his (*Pyra's) sheer popularity and Sakurai's love for XC2. But if that happens, who knows, maybe they will finally add a few music tracks from Xenoblade X, since music across multiple games in the Persona series was added.

Regardless of what happens with Smash, I think a port of X (or direct sequel, though that is likely still a ways off) is the best thing that could happen for X fans right now. It obviously wouldn't bring as much attention to the series as a character or stage in smash would, but I have little doubt it would outsell the original game on the Wii U and bring in tons more people. Let's hope this is announced at E3!

KatKit

Smash Lord
Random thought, but I'd like Elma's title in the Boxing Ring stage to say "Full Metal Jaguar". Aside from being her character class, it just sounds really freakin' cool.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So, here's a little thing.

I've heard some theorizing about how the Smash Ball that Sakurai's standing next to in the video turning into a Fake Smash Ball could be a hint towards a fighter. The thought process for this is that when a Fake Smash Ball explodes, the explosion is X-shaped, which could mean that this is a reference to an "XBox character".
But to put a spin more relevant for us in this thread on this. . . don't we all know a certain game that's very commonly called just "X"?

The XBox people probably have more of a point with this, but eh, let's not lose all hope.

Random thought, but I'd like Elma's title in the Boxing Ring stage to say "Full Metal Jaguar". Aside from being her character class, it just sounds really freakin' cool.
Something like "BLADE Colonel" could work, too. While Full Metal Jaguar would be cool, it doesn't really relate much to her on a story level.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Anyone watching Xbox conference? Not Smash or Nintendo but I read some leaks for a new From game and they have me hyped as hell.

Well the new From game seems like it'll be cool; although no gameplay, I trust it will be amazing.
Trailer vibe was great.

Last edited:

Abade

Smash Apprentice
So, here's a little thing.

I've heard some theorizing about how the Smash Ball that Sakurai's standing next to in the video turning into a Fake Smash Ball could be a hint towards a fighter. The thought process for this is that when a Fake Smash Ball explodes, the explosion is X-shaped, which could mean that this is a reference to an "XBox character".
But to put a spin more relevant for us in this thread on this. . . don't we all know a certain game that's very commonly called just "X"?

The XBox people probably have more of a point with this, but eh, let's not lose all hope.

Something like "BLADE Colonel" could work, too. While Full Metal Jaguar would be cool, it doesn't really relate much to her on a story level.
Yeah, Elma's Boxing Ring title has already been decided.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
>The end result of a Fake Smash Ball
Could it be? Are we really getting... oh my god, for real? The one and only? Xenoblade X's main character?

CROSS CROSSES INTO BATTLE

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
>The end result of a Fake Smash Ball
Could it be? Are we really getting... oh my god, for real? The one and only? Xenoblade X's main character?

CROSS CROSSES INTO BATTLE
I'd be only okay with it, if it was the female Cross voiced by Carina Reeves and let her use the regular sword just to annoy the "Anti-Sworduser-people". :4pacman:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don’t know why, but I’ve got a really good feeling about tomorrow...

Laura Post revealed she’s voicing Kasumi Yoshizawa and pretty much says she was under NDA till now. Think Caitlin Glass’s NDA role will finally be revealed...?

KatKit

Smash Lord
Laura Post as Kasumi? Niiiiice. She's talented. I know that this isn't the Joker social, but here's hoping for that Echo Fighter status in a free update or Echo-themed pass or something.

On topic, I'm feeling optimistic, too, but I feel like Elma would be fighter number 4 or 5. Also, we can probably lay off the Cross banter. She's no Elma, but she's... not the worst thing ever and still a potential rep for the series.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I personally just don’t like blank slate characters in Smash (and I hate the ‘canon self insert’ fandom culture that always pops up even more, whatta buncha oxymorons). I have no problem with them in their own games. I just don’t want blanks in a game that’s meant to be about characters. I’ll gladly take the XCX stage that Cross would come with anyways.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well, I don't know about you, but I'd say I'm ready for the Direct tomorrow.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
There's a party member in Xenoblade X - L'cirufe (also known as L) - whose name is an anagram of Lucifer. The person above did one of those ritual circle things, and I said that it worked, but instead of Elma, they unintentionally summoned Xenoblade X's in-universe devil.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lets give it to our badass gal y'all! If it ain't Banjo that makes it in then hopefully it'll be Elma!

Lets keep that hope up!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well then - my expectations are low, my hopes are high. See you all on the other side. With some good announcements for us, that is. . .

Calamitas

Smash Champion
. . .Yeah, sorry, but that E3 Direct was 85% boring. And that includes the DLC. Especially the DLC. Three fighters in, and I'm still not convinced to buy the Fighter's Pass.

Last edited:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
. . .Yeah, sorry, but that E3 Direct was 85% boring. And that includes the DLC. Especially the DLC. Three fighters in, and I'm still not convinced to buy the Fighter's Pass.
Feeling the same way. Like that Erdrick has a good number of alts, that's pretty cool. But as a fighter, I'm not interested. Same with Banjo.

I guess the only good thing is that we got both of them out of the way lol
Hope their fans enjoy them, in any case.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Feeling the same way. Like that Erdrick has a good number of alts, that's pretty cool. But as a fighter, I'm not interested. Same with Banjo.

I guess the only good thing is that we got both of them out of the way lol
Hope their fans enjoy them, in any case.
I'm just hoping that they're finally done with all the third party characters already. But I suppose they probably aren't.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Man I was all about that Direct. Astral Chain looks SICK. Also, Panzer Dragoon and NO MORE HEROES 3

sad no X port dang but MAN

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I don't mind the Direct, honestly. There are a bunch of games I'm looking forward to in there, and I'm absolutely looking forward to the new DLC Fighters. Sure, there's still no Elma. Sure, we didn't get a Xenoblade X port (yet. There's still Treehouse reveals after all). But I'm sure eventually our voices will be heard. Perhaps in another Pass. Perhaps in another game. Sure, the wait'll probably be long. But I know that there are some of us here that have waited for Ridley to be playable since Melee! If you're one of those fans, then I say unto you: you've endured it for so long until the big dragon boi showed up, and if it'll take Elma just as long, then it'll be damn well worth it when she's playable!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think that we’ll probably get Elma in a December announcement. Because well, you know...

The wind blows hard in December...

That, or in an August direct, since Shulk was announced for 4 in August 2014 and Elma was announced for Xenoblade 2 last August.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Man I was all about that Direct. Astral Chain looks SICK. Also, Panzer Dragoon and NO MORE HEROES 3

sad no X port dang but MAN
That wasn't NMH3, that was some poser acting like travis fighting against a bunch of bloodless enemies, where was the gratuitous amounts of Fbombs being dropped and limbs being sliced and diced. The X port is the thing that kills everything for me right now.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I think that we’ll probably get Elma in a December announcement. Because well, you know...

The wind blows hard in December...

That, or in an August direct, since Shulk was announced for 4 in August 2014 and Elma was announced for Xenoblade 2 last August.
Cheers, I'll drink to that. Who knows, maybe we'll get a reveal at Gamescom, as an anniversary to the 2 DLC reveal.

. . .They better. . .

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That still begs the question tho

Why DID the Xenoblade writer retweet the E3 announcement?

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Has anything big ever been revealed at a Treehouse?
They're doing AC right now, where would they fit a Xenoblade-related announcement? Especially since there isn't anything Monolith Soft there atm

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
The only silver lining I'm seeing right now is that with the DQ characters and B&K out of the way, we don't have any major leaks left. Plus, there have been no actual leaks saying that the Fighter's Pass is only going to be third-party characters. Best-case scenario now would be if in some kind of Famitsu column, Sakurai confirms that these are the last third-party characters, but I'm not holding my breath.

Has anything big ever been revealed at a Treehouse?
They're doing AC right now, where would they fit a Xenoblade-related announcement? Especially since there isn't anything Monolith Soft there atm
Samus Returns was revealed in Treehouse at E3 2017. At any rate, they're streaming on multiple days now.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I was more excited about Banjo/Kazooie and Hero than I thought. Smash can make anything look hype though. Congrats, supporters. Welcome back B/K.

I haven't seen the entire Direct, but I was pleasantly surprised by No More Heroes 3; now I have no choice but to buy Travis Strikes again to fill the void (I hope it is decent). Astral Chain is still looking impressive; it was always a day 1 purchase for me, but it's nice to see more of the gameplay/story. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any new videos of Sayonara Wild Hearts. HOLY COW, WE ARE GETTING A ZELDA BOTW SEQUEL?! We got some solid ports coming our way, too, unsurprisingly. Secret of Mana collection and Contra Anniversary on the E-shop? Nice. There's more news, but this was all good.

No X port yet, but I'll live for now. 2 unrevealed fighters and there's potentially another season pass after this one.

Top Bottom