• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
I been predicting for months now that we will probably be getting 2 characters revealed at E3. If no newcomer is revealed at E3 after waiting this long, I'm leaving speculation until the whole Season Pass is out.
Remember this: just when you think you’re out of the speculation and hype game, it will manage to pull you back in. No matter if it’s good or bad, it will always find a way to get people talking.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Remember this: just when you think you’re out of the speculation and hype game, it will manage to pull you back in. No matter if it’s good or bad, it will always find a way to get people talking.
I remember how unsatisfied I was with the majority of the newcomer selection back in Smash 4 and seeing Bayonetta as the only character to come out of the Smash Ballot in that game, that I almost left Smash speculation forever and probably would have had every veteran didn't return for "Everyone Is Here!" in Ultimate. The hype was so surreal for me seeing every veteran return in that first trailer for Ultimate, that I wasn't even thinking about how crazy it was seeing Ridley finally getting in who was my 2nd most wanted character after K. Rool. I would have never thought the sight of seeing every veteran return would have blown my mind more than seeing any of my most wanted characters. My mind process of who I think could be in or out completely shattered after seeing the whole Smash segment of that Direct.

Speculation is more fun to me now that I know all my past mains are back and two of what use to be my most wanted characters K. Rool and Ridley are all in. And of course I wouldn't be too upset if I don't get Goemon, Banjo & Kazooie, Dixie Kong, or Porky in the DLC for Ultimate, but I will have a lot more fun speculating knowing at least a large portion of my Smash dream is now a reality.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
do people here know of the elma discord / assist alliance? (with spirits lol)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yup. Although things outside the support threads are currently, well, pic-related.

fijYhTE.png

Honestly, I'm worried about this forum community's mental welfare if bupkis happens at E3.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hmm... that bad, huh?
As for how the forums will cope, well... does swapping Miis, custom stages, fan creations, etc. sound alright to you?
Honestly not sure. That can only fill the void for so long.

609b6050-7d87-0132-43b5-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

What gets me the most is that recently, I had just wanted to post some fan art on the Joker thread, and it somehow led to a waifu argument. We need E3, badly.

So, um, have you guys found any neat Elma fan art recently? :drsad:

Last edited:

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Well, it was really just one user that was stubborn about it for silly reasons, and it ended quickly enough. And I'll leave it at that, so mum's the word on this issue.

Good to know! Let’s try to keep it contained and NOT have it spread like wildfire, shall we?
BELATED ADDITION: Speaking of relationships...
Well, would some (rather crack-ish) speculation about interspecies hereditary genetics count?
So, what do you think about this?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Good to know! Let’s try to keep it contained and NOT have it spread like wildfire, shall we?
BELATED ADDITION: Speaking of relationships...

Well, would some (rather crack-ish) speculation about interspecies hereditary genetics count?
So, what do you think about this?
I think I would get the fuller picture if I get to play XBX someday.

Sigman

Smash Cadet
Honestly not sure. That can only fill the void for so long.

View attachment 224406

What gets me the most is that recently, I had just wanted to post some fan art on the Joker thread, and it somehow led to a waifu argument. We need E3, badly.

There is always fan art to find on sites such as Deviantart, Tumblr, Twitter, Pixiv, Artstation, etc.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Nice, nice! Of particular note, I especially like the retro Gundam send up and Kira-Vera’s little domestic piece with casual KOS-MOS, small!Shulk, and small!Rex. But all in all, this is a great set you’ve got here.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A writer (Yuichiro Takeda) for all the Xenoblade games and Xenosaga (the DS port thing) as well as the F-Zero anime retweeted an E3 announcement. There's a 50% chance it's nothing, a 40% chance it's not Xeno related, a 9% chance it's not Xenoblade X related, but there's a golden 1% chance that
F ZERO IS BACK BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
haha but really pls X
Kinda late but

What if

This ties into Caitlin Glass’s supposed NDA, confirming it is related to Xeno X in some shape or form??

Could be a Xeno X port with new content, or Xeno X 2

... or Elma in smash

Or any combination of those!

I hope...

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Kinda late but

What if

This ties into Caitlin Glass’s supposed NDA, confirming it is related to Xeno X in some shape or form??

... or Elma in smash

I hope...
I'll take all 3 of those, thank you very much. (Not that i would be the only one) ^^

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Kinda late but

What if

... or Elma in smash

I hope...
Come to think of it, we still don't know what her NDA role is, do we? Or Sawano's secret project, for that matter.
(I mean, I get that there's now also the chance that it's for Borderlands 3 but still)

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Is the NDA role the same one as the one where they had a character she voiced as a reference? Just curious.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is the NDA role the same one as the one where they had a character she voiced as a reference? Just curious.
Yeah, which, correct me if I’m not mistaken but didn’t Mike Pollock say something similar before his NDA role was revealed and it turned out to be Eggman once again?

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
Found another custom stage of Elma.

Not bad at all.
Nice, nice! Of particular note, I especially like the retro Gundam send up and Kira-Vera’s little domestic piece with casual KOS-MOS, small!Shulk, and small!Rex. But all in all, this is a great set you’ve got here.
You mean the Badass Armfold Elma with the Wels/Verus Black Skell? According to the artist of that piece, it is inspired by Gunbuster and the Wels/Verus Black Skell is painted like that instead of the usual red because it represents..."something important to Elma."

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Yeah, which, correct me if I’m not mistaken but didn’t Mike Pollock say something similar before his NDA role was revealed and it turned out to be Eggman once again?
I don't know anything about that, but i think i read somewhere that Mike Pollock had to re audtion for Eggman when they where changing the entire voice cast with Sonic Colors and Free Riders. He was the only voice actor to be unchanged because no other actor was good enough. (and it's for the better. Mr. Pollock is a treasure. Just listen to him in the last Sonic Twitter Takedown.)

Abade

Smash Apprentice
Come to think of it, we still don't know what her NDA role is, do we? Or Sawano's secret project, for that matter.
(I mean, I get that there's now also the chance that it's for Borderlands 3 but still)
Has been it confirmed what was the toy mech for Sakurai bought for a project?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's a Vifam figure, which apparently was bought specifically to use the rifle as a reference for something.

At least one person thought it could be for :ultinkling:, but we just don't know at this point.

Or it was just for a kitbash figure project all along, lel.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Not to my knowledge.
Kinda makes you think, too - we have quite a number of rather concrete points that point towards Elma (toy mech, Glass' NDA role, Sawano's secret project, the entire thing with Elma in 2, no X music in Ultimate, the internal Spirit listing. . .), none of which are really resolved yet. Whenever I see what "evidence" people have for other, more frequently discussed characters, I'm actually always surprised that they don't have anywhere near the same amount of stuff as we do.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Not to my knowledge.
Kinda makes you think, too - we have quite a number of rather concrete points that point towards Elma (toy mech, Glass' NDA role, Sawano's secret project, the entire thing with Elma in 2, no X music in Ultimate, the internal Spirit listing. . .), none of which are really resolved yet. Whenever I see what "evidence" people have for other, more frequently discussed characters, I'm actually always surprised that they don't have anywhere near the same amount of stuff as we do.
At this rate, I don't give a crap on how long I have to wait if Elma does make it. I'll be happy if she's confirmed nonetheless.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
A writer (Yuichiro Takeda) for all the Xenoblade games and Xenosaga (the DS port thing) as well as the F-Zero anime retweeted an E3 announcement. There's a 50% chance it's nothing, a 40% chance it's not Xeno related, a 9% chance it's not Xenoblade X related, but there's a golden 1% chance that
F ZERO IS BACK BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
haha but really pls X
Also a bit late on that, but has this guy retweeted any relevant things in the past?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Elma will be the 3D retro rep when we finally move to the 4th dimension and are playing Smash 53.
I don't think a old forgotten character from a ongoing series would be considered to be called the retro rep. I think a old character from a one shot gaming franchise like Duck Hunt and Ice Climbers should considered to be called the retro rep. I'm not saying Elma will be forgotten, but you know what I mean.

Abade

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai likes the idea of Super Smash Bros at Super Nintendo World Theme Park which is under construction at Universal Studios Japan, intended to open in time for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
It reminds me of how one of the developers wanted to build a theme park in Xenogears.
https://xeno-underground.net/media_xenogears_concert.html

"I heard from Honne, who was directing for the map and graphics, that Kato was about to build a theme park in Lahan Village. Apparently, he didn't even talk to Honne about it and just went to the people who can get it done, and Honne about it and convinced him at the last second that it wouldn't work out for the kind of game that Xenogears is."

Would Xeno work like a Skell simulation with Colonel Elma herself giving instructions just like those directs...

Or will it get shot down again?

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai likes the idea of Super Smash Bros at Super Nintendo World Theme Park which is under construction at Universal Studios Japan, intended to open in time for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
It reminds me of how one of the developers wanted to build a theme park in Xenogears.
https://xeno-underground.net/media_xenogears_concert.html

"I heard from Honne, who was directing for the map and graphics, that Kato was about to build a theme park in Lahan Village. Apparently, he didn't even talk to Honne about it and just went to the people who can get it done, and Honne about it and convinced him at the last second that it wouldn't work out for the kind of game that Xenogears is."

Would Xeno work like a Skell simulation with Colonel Elma herself giving instructions just like those directs...

Or will it get shot down again?
Dude, that sounds a lot like Transformers: The Ride. I think *this* speaks for what I think of this idea.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Few more days till E3... here’s hoping we see Elma for Smash and/or something Xenoblade X related there...!

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Few more days till E3... here’s hoping we see Elma for Smash and/or something Xenoblade X related there...!
Yeah. That would be cool. e3 could be pretty amazing this year (and please let the Banjo-rumors be true as well...)

It's hard to believe, that we are this close to e3 already.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm just going to keep my expectations low and my hopes high. At least I doubt that they'll find a way to make this more disappointing than I already fear it is.

Slightly related though, did anyone else get some major Xenoblade vibes from the Wild Areas shown in the recent Pokémon Direct for Sword and Shield?

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
So the next game from Monolith has apparently been in production for like 10 months and map design is done!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mo...no2-sold-1-73m-copies-4gamer-jp.121584/page-5

Exciting to know that Xenoblade Chronicles X2 could be on its way! I really hope that it is and that Monolith doesn’t keep cranking out the fantasy stuff. The X series could represent a sci-fi, more realistic side of the Xenoblade series. Also could be the medieval game that they’ve teased.

I didn’t like the more anime style that they went for with 2 as much as the style of the original/X. Maybe change the faces from X to be just better in general, and it’d look pretty cool. I personally think that the style looks much more distinctive and allows for a more interesting environment (Sylvalum and Noctilum at night say hello). Again, I just feel the need to express how darn pretty Xenoblade X is. The world is so alien and unique. It’s something I missed while playing 2.

As far as E3 goes, I am really hoping for that Xenoblade X port. I would rebuy it, and I don’t rebuy games very often. I just want to see Elma in something again so bad. X would do so much better on Switch and get so many more people playing. Then I’d bet we would get some more support for Elma around here for sure.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
It'll probably be some time until we even hear what this project is, so I'm not gonna hold my breath. Short of an X-port coming out of nowhere to fill an empty release schedule I can't see anything from Monolith Soft in the near future that'll tickle my fancy. Hell, they don't even mention Xenoblade X once in that whole interview, not even as a throwaway "we learnt a lot from map design with it". Not surprising, just... the same kind of disappointment I'm getting used to.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
So the next game from Monolith has apparently been in production for like 10 months and map design is done!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mo...no2-sold-1-73m-copies-4gamer-jp.121584/page-5

Exciting to know that Xenoblade Chronicles X2 could be on its way! I really hope that it is and that Monolith doesn’t keep cranking out the fantasy stuff. The X series could represent a sci-fi, more realistic side of the Xenoblade series. Also could be the medieval game that they’ve teased.

I didn’t like the more anime style that they went for with 2 as much as the style of the original/X. Maybe change the faces from X to be just better in general, and it’d look pretty cool. I personally think that the style looks much more distinctive and allows for a more interesting environment (Sylvalum and Noctilum at night say hello). Again, I just feel the need to express how darn pretty Xenoblade X is. The world is so alien and unique. It’s something I missed while playing 2.

As far as E3 goes, I am really hoping for that Xenoblade X port. I would rebuy it, and I don’t rebuy games very often. I just want to see Elma in something again so bad. X would do so much better on Switch and get so many more people playing. Then I’d bet we would get some more support for Elma around here for sure.
Here you go:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Here you go:
Oh believe me, I know. I still haven’t unlocked her since I’ve been busy with other things, but I’m close! I still want more Elma, whether it’s Smash, an X port, or just a full sequel with her as main character.

Top Bottom