• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

NathanEshwar

Smash Rookie
Hey guys you might remember that I posted a smashified of Elma before right?
Well Im doing an Art page on Instagram and I just put my Elma Smashified on Instagram, and guess what? Caitlin Glass Liked IT!

check it out.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey guys you might remember that I posted a smashified of Elma before right?
Well Im doing an Art page on Instagram and I just put my Elma Smashified on Instagram, and guess what? Caitlin Glass Liked IT!

check it out.
BIG HMMMM

🤔

granted she may have just liked it cause you tagged her, but still

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly if Elma’s confirmed I’ll likely spend way less time on this site. She’s my number one most wanted since Ult was revealed and even though she didn’t make base roster, Min Min gave her a bit of hope so...

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Honestly if Elma’s confirmed I’ll likely spend way less time on this site. She’s my number one most wanted since Ult was revealed and even though she didn’t make base roster, Min Min gave her a bit of hope so...
Probably same for me. I'd probably stick around for a while and pop off and celebrate for a while - and not necessarily always in a way that isn't gleeful - and then slowly phase myself out. Considering that I'm already a lot less here these days since Smash speculation is getting a bit boring to me, that's already happening somehwat.
Though I'll be honest, I am pretty doubtful that there will be cause to celebrate.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Why exactly would Min Min increase hopes for Elma? Is there a connection between the two and their games?

Anyhow, still hoping to see Elma. If she makes it in, I am determined to main her. Xenoblade Chronicles X is mine favourite in the series thus far, and I'm still hoping for a Switch port. I wonder if there were any scrapped or unused maps in Xenoblade X that could be added to the port.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why exactly would Min Min increase hopes for Elma? Is there a connection between the two and their games?
Her inclusion shows that being a base game spirit doesn't rule out a character from being DLC, which is something that people used against Elma (and countless other characters) when none of the characters from Fighters Pass 1 (or Piranha Plant) had spirits in the base game. (I've seen people claiming that including a spirit as a playable DLC character would "conflict with the lore" of World of Light, which supposedly meant that it was never going to happen)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Her inclusion shows that being a base game spirit doesn't rule out a character from being DLC, which is something that people used against Elma (and countless other characters) when none of the characters from Fighters Pass 1 (or Piranha Plant) had spirits in the base game. (I've seen people claiming that including a spirit as a playable DLC character would "conflict with the lore" of World of Light, which meant that it was never going to happen)
Also Min Min’s Spirit was on the WoL map itself, and is actually being included in the latest Spirit Event even after her playable release, which is notable.

Elma’s Spirit doesn’t necessarily appear in WoL itself, but rather unlocks for the first time when you free 50 fighters in WoL; only after that will Elma appear on the Spirit Board as well. Idk if she appears in the Shop or not. Still, very suspicious circumstances nevertheless

ALSO, neither ARMS nor Xenoblade X had music in base despite their other content (The Spring Man AT, Spirits and two Mii Costumes for ARMS, and only Spirits for Xenoblade X). All new DLC sans PP come with a stage and music, which is also part of why I’m doubting a character for XC2 (music in base) or Monster Hunter (music and technically a stage if you count the boss stage)

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I support Elma for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Elma is a POC, she's another female representative and she's a gunslinger, something vastly different from the usual swordfighters, brawlers and creatures that have been featured as fighters. However, the only way I can truly see Elma be part of the roster is if she's combined with Rex and Pyra as a 2-for-1 fighter reveal like Hero and Banjo and Kazooie. Her inclusion would mean that we get remixed tracks from X which would be an absolute treat for the ears.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I support Elma for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Elma is a POC, she's another female representative and she's a gunslinger, something vastly different from the usual swordfighters, brawlers and creatures that have been featured as fighters. However, the only way I can truly see Elma be part of the roster is if she's combined with Rex and Pyra as a 2-for-1 fighter reveal like Hero and Banjo and Kazooie. Her inclusion would mean that we get remixed tracks from X which would be an absolute treat for the ears.
Not necessarily? I think she can stand on her own in a reveal, especially if they reveal a hypothetical Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition and/or Xenoblade Chronicles X Part 2 around the same timeframe

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Her inclusion shows that being a base game spirit doesn't rule out a character from being DLC, which is something that people used against Elma (and countless other characters) when none of the characters from Fighters Pass 1 (or Piranha Plant) had spirits in the base game. (I've seen people claiming that including a spirit as a playable DLC character would "conflict with the lore" of World of Light, which supposedly meant that it was never going to happen)
Ah, makes sense. Personally, I always considered Spirits to be in the same boat as Mii costumes, in that they don't very much affect a character's chances. That said, though, it is nice to see that barrier officially broken.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So Xenoblade DE sold over a million copies and, as much as a lot of people here really don’t like the game, Xenoblade 2 sold over 2 million

yeah they have to make Xeno X DE now and lets go for THREE million this time!

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
So Xenoblade DE sold over a million copies and, as much as a lot of people here really don’t like the game, Xenoblade 2 sold over 2 million

yeah they have to make Xeno X DE now and lets go for THREE million this time!
It's good to see how far Xenoblade made it as a series. Makes me really happy.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
So I’m not sure if I discussed this but

aside from gameplay tweaks, what 100% new content would you add to Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition?
Let's see:

-Either something like Future Connected or maybe something that leads into a possible Xenoblade X2.
I think Borderlands 2 had DLC that led to the third game (not sure though)
-unlockable skells that look like Faced Mechon or Siren from Xenoblade 2 (how was the former not a thing? I was so sure this would happen.)
-Challenge Mode like in Xenoblade 2 and XB:DE (maybe with some crossover battles like in many Tales of-Games).

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar

aside from gameplay tweaks, what 100% new content would you add to Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition?
An actual tutorial

• It would definitely be cool to get a post story thing somewhat akin to Future Connected. I personally haven't finished the game yet, but I've heard that it ends on somewhat of a cliffhanger.
  • While it probably wouldn't be likely to happen, I think it'd be cool to get more classes. Whether that be just adding a 3rd option for each class tree or maybe even adding 5th tier classes (and with that maybe increase the level cap from 60? idk)
  • More options for the character customization (including cosmetic armor).
  • Playable Tatsu lol
  • Allow me to dual wield G-Busters.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily? I think she can stand on her own in a reveal, especially if they reveal a hypothetical Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition and/or Xenoblade Chronicles X Part 2 around the same timeframe
That's a smart justification that I never really considered. Nintendo are the ones who are deciding on the character for this fighters pass this time around.

Have an epilogue with these two playable, PLEASE.

Last edited:

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice

An option to change armor and weapon battle traits would be great. For all the stuff that becomes inconvenient without the gamepad they need to add different or new features that make aspects of the game more convenient, and I think not making players grind tyrants for eternity to get the armor they're looking for would be a great incentive for me to play it again.

Limitbreakfull

Smash Rookie

More side stories. Mia's getting carried away to Oblivia, Gwin searching for Irina out in Primordia, Elma wanting to fight a lvl 60 Tyrant alone, these were nice little stories that did a lot to flesh out the characters. I wish we could get more of these in a sequel or Definitive edition.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So am I the only one who thinks that a Future Connected-style epilogue wouldn't really work for X? I mean, there's already a good number of quests in the game that explicitly take place past the main story. Not to mention that the main reason why FC worked for 1 is because no one's really expecting a big direct follow-up on that game's story, whereas with X. . . well, I think I don't need to remind anyone here.
Gimme sequel.

More Affinity Missions would definitely be a good thing though, even if they don't grant Cross any new signature moves.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
So am I the only one who thinks that a Future Connected-style epilogue wouldn't really work for X? I mean, there's already a good number of quests in the game that explicitly take place past the main story. Not to mention that the main reason why FC worked for 1 is because no one's really expecting a big direct follow-up on that game's story, whereas with X. . . well, I think I don't need to remind anyone here.
Gimme sequel.
I think a Future Connected type thing could still possibly work. Personally I was expecting a sequel of X to take place largely into the future after humanity has really settled into Mira, so something that takes place immediately or closely follows X would work, that's only my hypothetical though.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I don’t think an epilogue story in the style of Future Connected would work very well for X. FC was a small story focusing on Melia’s personal journey to reclaiming her home. As for X, the ending was left ambiguous and unresolved which is more than enough to justify a full-blown sequel rather than a bite-sized experience.

IMO, it would make more sense to port X first (with minor improvements to the UI and stuff like that), and THEN develop X2 while interest in X is high.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Very much yes to this please. Tyrants with guaranteed Ultra Infinite C&C would be lovely. Y'all have any idea how hard it is to get Ultra Infinite C&C Medium wear? Not easy!
i would prefer if things tyrants dropped always had nothing but empty slots, its annoying to farm not only the wepon you want, but one with the "right" built in skills for min maxing, or just let us change the built in skills
edit: also give the ares 90 another eather weapon its a shame the only good thing about it is the 1 shot cannon while all its other moves are near useless due to being melee.

Last edited:

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
i would prefer if things tyrants dropped always had nothing but empty slots, its annoying to farm not only the wepon you want, but one with the "right" built in skills for min maxing, or just let us change the built in skills
edit: also give the ares 90 another eather weapon its a shame the only good thing about it is the 1 shot cannon while all its other moves are near useless due to being melee.
I mentioned it earlier but I do think they should add an option to change armor's battle traits, preferably a solution that costs money and not miranium cause post game there's like nothing to spend money on. If you could have three/four free slots on every piece of armor, that'd have the potential to be waaaaay to broken.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Personally I think the early game and tutorials, as well as certain mechanics should be redesigned to make the player's full options more obvious.

Take appendages. Break them in battle for soul voices and to disable moves and to get unique drops, but also know when and why to break them. They disable moves tied to them, and interrupt actions when broken! They have different levels of hardness! Breaking them stupidly can actually LOWER your damage! Don't bother doing a Nemesis damage run if you don't know which limbs need to stay for maximum damage.

The early cinicula tyrant encounter could be reworked to mention attacks tied to limbs by showing an example that nearly wipes the party, and then telling the player to focus on breaking limbs, then reward them by giving a rare material that is commented on. Targeting limbs should be simpler. Attacks should show what limb they're tied to, if any. By the end of the story chapter, the player knows that limbs matter and they should be broken.

And then do the same for weather. For enemy aggro. How damage multipliers interact. Document this stuff and make it revistable. And for that matter, list things like appendage hardness and drops in the bestiary. There is a ton of stuff to work with and putting it all together should be the player's job - that's the joy of the game. But a better start on understanding what all the moving parts are would go a long way to helping more players try it all out.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I found a little video you guys and girls might be interested in:
The Wii U Port We NEED! | Xenoblade Chronicles X for Nintendo Switch by Blue Shell

and because i got bored: my prediction that will 100% happen hopes for the game awards:
-Xenoblade X for Switch (obviously)
-at the end Rathalos is shown as a new tyrant/ super boss
-transition to "something else": Rathalos gets attacked by a skell. It's Elma confirmed as FP8
-Smash gameplay: possibly a cameo from Lin (because every Smash Trailer needs Cassandra Lee Morris now!)
-again at the end: Elma gets attacked by Rathalos again but gets interrupted by a giant energy blast which leads to:
-FP9 confirmed to be the Doom Slayer with his BFG
-this is followed by Doom Eternal FINALLY getting a release date for Switch

let me dream, okay?

That actually makes me wonder, what design will they use for Elma if she makes it into smash? Her X design? Will they rip her model from 2 like they did with Min Min from ARMS? Or will it be a new model/design?
Good question. I guess using her Xenoblade 2-model would be easier. Im fine with both.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I found a little video you guys and girls might be interested in:
The Wii U Port We NEED! | Xenoblade Chronicles X for Nintendo Switch by Blue Shell

and because i got bored: my prediction that will 100% happen hopes for the game awards:
-Xenoblade X for Switch (obviously)
-at the end Rathalos is shown as a new tyrant/ super boss
-transition to "something else": Rathalos gets attacked by a skell. It's Elma confirmed as FP8
-Smash gameplay: possibly a cameo from Lin (because every Smash Trailer needs Cassandra Lee Morris now!)
-again at the end: Elma gets attacked by Rathalos again but gets interrupted by a giant energy blast which leads to:
-FP9 confirmed to be the Doom Slayer with his BFG
-this is followed by Doom Eternal FINALLY getting a release date for Switch

let me dream, okay?

Good question. I guess using her Xenoblade 2-model would be easier. Im fine with both.
Funny you mention the super boss/tyrant idea in the trailer, in my Elma trailer concept which happens in WoL’s final battle (to complement Hero’s Dark Realm theme and the Light Realm theme for my Octoling trailer concept) I made Galeem and Dharkon Tyrants, both level 100 lmao

their titles were “Galeem, Lord of Light” and “Dharkon, Embodiment of Chaos” and they had the Tyrant name windows and everything

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Funny you mention the super boss/tyrant idea in the trailer, in my Elma trailer concept which happens in WoL’s final battle (to complement Hero’s Dark Realm theme and the Light Realm theme for my Octoling trailer concept) I made Galeem and Dharkon Tyrants, both level 100 lmao

their titles were “Galeem, Lord of Light” and “Dharkon, Embodiment of Chaos” and they had the Tyrant name windows and everything
Oh, yeah! I think i remember that. That would be cool.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Elma Xenoblade by @IssyCake.

I actually prefer her design from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 more. The messy hair makes our girl look more bad***. I would hope they use this design for her Smash model if she get's in.

Top Bottom