• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
between the success of xeno 1, and people not being able to buy xeno 2(new) due it its print run having ended, I wouldn't be that surprised if they did reprint 2 and had it come with torna on the cart
Huh. I was wondering why prices for boxed copies of XC2 had shot up in price on eBay. Hopefully that doesn't put off too many people who may want to try it after seeing Chuggaa's LP. That game is a masterpiece, and while it will always exist on the eshop servers, it's still sad to see it fall victim to the low print run issues that have plagued Monolith's games in the past.

In regard to Chuggaa's LP itself, while it sucks that X is getting snubbed by the universe again, his reasons for skipping it are totally valid. Especially considering what just happened with his Pokemon Mystery Dungeon LP. A port of X is inevitable at this point anyway, so I'd rather wait a few years to see a definitive playthrough of it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
From the main dlc thread:
I haven't seen this topic brought up yet so I'll just post it here.
New 7/11 pop display with Min Min is now up until October 4th.
The wait will soon be over!! I hope our Queen shows up... I have a feeling they won’t show just one. Two minimum imo, three is my pipe dream

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I have somewhat been feeling strangely more optimistic lately about our girl's chances. Probably because that X being ported to the Switch is almost inevitable with every other major Wii U game already being ported already.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm personally not really convinced, but I feel like there might be a chance. Min Min helped somewhat, at least.

The wait will soon be over!! I hope our Queen shows up... I have a feeling they won’t show just one. Two minimum imo, three is my pipe dream
Excuse you, she's a colonel, not a queen.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
IT’S TIME. considering there’s no stage or mechanics explanation I think this will be a quick Robin/Lucina style shadow drop

May be someone without an upcoming game/rerelease... 👀

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys; long time.

Really excited for the reveal. I might be wrong but I don't think we've heard much of anything Xeno since the XB1 remaster a few months ago, right?
Fingers crossed for some good news.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I personally have not that much faith in this being finally Elma's time to shine, but I obviously won't mind being wrong on that. I've just been burned on the disappointments far too often already.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I was personally expecting it to be a 3rd party character announced in a Partner Direct next, so this reveal method is surprising. I don't really think Elma's chances have drastically increased or decreased recently so I'll be rooting for her, but theres a fair few characters that would have me boucing off the walls if they got revealed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Random idea: someone camp out on Caitlin Glass’s twitter and she if she makes any hints like “soon you’ll see my NDA role” or retweets the thing

...worth a shot

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well

I don’t care for Steve or Minecraft but I’ll give him this:

1. The character is actually pretty endearing, true to Minecraft, not the cringy Creepy Steve
2. Steve is definitely E3 reveal material I would say
3. FPV2 is gonna sell like HOTCAKES now. Minecraft is H U G E. it may even convince Sakurai to do FPV3 if it sells well enough

so I’m just like meh, but also keep on truckin’. Our time will come soon enough

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
AY HOLD ON

Imran confirmed Minecraft for Smash was in the talks for THREE YEARS

Verge said Minecraft content two years ago

they were planning for FP2 that long ago

and Caitlin’s NDA was TWO years ago

if this all lines up... OH MY GOD PLEASE YES

ELMA

WIN
If anything I think it goes to show that the Mech Toy isn't somehow passed it's sell by date. But I've been saying for ages that these DLC characters were potentially decided on pre launch.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
AY HOLD ON

ELMA

WIN
Mh. While that would be nice, I don't think that those things really are comparable.

What does however come to mind. Didn't one of these insiders tweet something "Put X on Switch already, Nintendo" without any particular context a while ago? That feels like a thing that could mean something, even if it is in an admittedly conspiracy theory-ish way.

And wait, Imran said that? Do you have a link?

Last edited:

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
AY HOLD ON

ELMA

WIN
Don’t do that. Don’t give me hope.
(I’m sorry, someone had to say it.)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
AY HOLD ON

ELMA

WIN
I don't think Fighter's Pass 2 was planned that far ahead, but I wish this was the case.

Limitbreakfull

Smash Rookie
I’m calmed down a little. For years I wanted him in (especially his stage) but gave up hope because people turned him into a meme.

Anyways, I think Elma’s chances were raised 🔥 . Steve just goes to show you that you never really know what’s possible. And I really, REALLY hope she’s in, just to prove the naysayers who said she’s irrelevant as a Xeno rep, wrong.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I’m calmed down a little. For years I wanted him in (especially his stage) but gave up hope because people turned him into a meme.

Anyways, I think Elma’s chances were raised 🔥 . Steve just goes to show you that you never really know what’s possible. And I really, REALLY hope she’s in, just to prove the naysayers who said she’s irrelevant as a Xeno rep, wrong.
He's not for me, but I'm happy for you and others like you celebrating today, and I'll be checking him out when he releases to see how they handle him. I'm counting my blessings that both of these huge gaps between character releases have been preceded by 2 of my most wanted (Byleth and Min Min).

Season 2 is nothing if not unpredictable so far so I'm not really detered from from hoping for the best with the coming announcements, hopefully that does include Elma.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well, if nothing else, I'm still convinced that we're gonna get at least one RPG character this pass. Min Min was a fighting game character and came with Heihachi's costume, so it stands to reason that unless they bring him in with Steve or downright upgrade him, they're also gonna bring back Lloyd (and Geno). And if I'm right on this. . . well, I obviously hope that said RPG character is her.

Limitbreakfull

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm sure plenty of characters releasing now have been in discussions for a while. Apart from those from more recent titles obviously. Minecraft is a big enough series and has been around long enough for it to make sense it was being discussed for a while.

But 5 years ago was approximately when Ultimate first started development. If there's one thing this news has that might somewhat be in Elma's favour, it's that characters that were considered early on in development are being added in FP2. That said whether or not he'll end up going with Elma is still another story entirely, but there's still a lot of mysteries behind her possibility of being added such as the Mech toy model, Glass's still yet unknown NDA project, and admittedly depressing lack of content from XCX despite Ultimate's base game having a decent amount of content from the Wii U era.

I'm still of the belief that one of the main reasons Elma wasn't added in the base game was due to 'Everyone Is Here' since Sakurai prioritized adding in veterans over newcomers. We also see with characters like Hero, an Arms fighter and likely Steve, that characters that were planned in the base game are being added now as DLC.

---

In other news, speaking of Caitlyn Glass, I was curious about what other characters she voices and was pleasantly surprised to find out she's been a voice for Street Fighter's Cammy. Cammy is one of my favourite Street Fighter characters so I thought this was pretty cool.
(She also voiced Diancie (Pokemon), Mina Ashido (MHA), Petra Rall (Attack on Titan), and Willow Schnee (RWBY); which I also thought was pretty cool)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm sure plenty of characters releasing now have been in discussions for a while. Apart from those from more recent titles obviously. Minecraft is a big enough series and has been around long enough for it to make sense it was being discussed for a while.

But 5 years ago was approximately when Ultimate first started development. If there's one thing this news has that might somewhat be in Elma's favour, it's that characters that were considered early on in development are being added in FP2. That said whether or not he'll end up going with Elma is still another story entirely, but there's still a lot of mysteries behind her possibility of being added such as the Mech toy model, Glass's still yet unknown NDA project, and admittedly depressing lack of content from XCX despite Ultimate's base game having a decent amount of content from the Wii U era.

I'm still of the belief that one of the main reasons Elma wasn't added in the base game was due to 'Everyone Is Here' since Sakurai prioritized adding in veterans over newcomers. We also see with characters like Hero, an Arms fighter and likely Steve, that characters that were planned in the base game are being added now as DLC.

---

In other news, speaking of Caitlyn Glass, I was curious about what other characters she voices and was pleasantly surprised to find out she's been a voice for Street Fighter's Cammy. Cammy is one of my favourite Street Fighter characters so I thought this was pretty cool.
(She also voiced Diancie (Pokemon), Mina Ashido (MHA), Petra Rall (Attack on Titan), and Willow Schnee (RWBY); which I also thought was pretty cool)
Don’t forget Hiroyuki Sawano, the X composer’s secret project.

Top Bottom