• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So, very minor thing to show off here, but regardless. At the final video of his current Let's Play, chuggaaconroy teased that his next project is going to be the single biggest one in the history of his channel. Considering that he played the original Xenoblade in the past, and explicitly showed off some of his notes for X in the past, it's pretty damn likely that it's finally time for that. Since his Let's Play of the original pushed its "presence" online a decent bit prior to the official reveal of Shulk for 4, one for X could do the same for it.
And of course Shulk was announced as a playable fighter for 4 during his Let's Play of the original, so obviously, that's gonna happen with Elma now

And unrelated, here's a nice Twitter thread I saw yesterday.

It even comes with a nice render!

I love that Elma render it looks cool.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey all, I'm a new Xenoblade fan. Well, I've just played the first game through the rerelease of XBC on Switch. It's an amazing game! What a story, what a plot twists, what an awesome cast of characters, what a world building, the music and gameplay and graphics are also superb. There's much to love about it.

I haven't yet touched or looked into XB2. Honestly, by design alone, it never really stuck with me. Maybe it will once I play it. But I also hope to play XB2 before that. What is the story and gameplay like? It does look way more like the original game than XB2 from what I've seen. So tell me please, is this also the case? How is Elma as a character in this game? Am very very curious about her now.

She seems like a bit of a mix between Sharla, and "Seven", ability wise then. Is this a good comparison or not ??

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
So, very minor thing to show off here, but regardless. At the final video of his current Let's Play, chuggaaconroy teased that his next project is going to be the single biggest one in the history of his channel. Considering that he played the original Xenoblade in the past, and explicitly showed off some of his notes for X in the past, it's pretty damn likely that it's finally time for that. Since his Let's Play of the original pushed its "presence" online a decent bit prior to the official reveal of Shulk for 4, one for X could do the same for it.
And of course Shulk was announced as a playable fighter for 4 during his Let's Play of the original, so obviously, that's gonna happen with Elma now

And unrelated, here's a nice Twitter thread I saw yesterday.

It even comes with a nice render!

I'm really hoping this is true. Emile will do an incredible job with X as he's done with all of his projects. Gah, I just really want to replay X once I finish up with Definitive Edition. Kinda starting to regret lending my Wii U to a friend before I moved last year. Seriously Nintendo, just port it already! You have to be working on something amidst all this silence, right?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Hey all, I'm a new Xenoblade fan. Well, I've just played the first game through the rerelease of XBC on Switch. It's an amazing game! What a story, what a plot twists, what an awesome cast of characters, what a world building, the music and gameplay and graphics are also superb. There's much to love about it.

I haven't yet touched or looked into XB2. Honestly, by design alone, it never really stuck with me. Maybe it will once I play it. But I also hope to play XB2 before that. What is the story and gameplay like? It does look way more like the original game than XB2 from what I've seen. So tell me please, is this also the case? How is Elma as a character in this game? Am very very curious about her now.

She seems like a bit of a mix between Sharla, and "Seven", ability wise then. Is this a good comparison or not ??
You might want to edit your post there, because you're only talking about 2 in that second paragraph, when I think you meant X on at least one occasion.

Anyway, to answer what I think your question actually is: X both is and isn't more like the original than 2 is. To elaborate, in terms of overall story structure and progression, it's really more of its own thing, since the main story isn't the actual focus of the game. Instead, the game follows a mission structure, where each chapter of the main story is something that you actually need to actively accept, and that has requirement and prerequisites that you need to meet in order to start them. None of these are anything too particularly challenging or the like, but some people consider it annoying. And of course, the game world is completely open, with you being able to go wherever you want at almost any time, unlike the area-to-area progression of the original.
The combat system however is very close the one in 1/DE, complete with a palette of arts and everything. Skell combat is also similar, though it works a bit differently still from ground combat in X. Chain attacks generally aren't a thing however, and instead you have Overdrive.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There's also no dedicated healer character. In fact you have a Class system, you can set your avatar's class while the other characters have a predetermined class. Some arts can heal, but you can also heal with Soul Voices (the B button prompt and whenever an art of a certain color starts flashing, select it and your party will heal some HP regardless of whether or not it was a healing art)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
sorry for the double post but

there was this poll, I'm sure you know which one:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Apparently Elma was on the previous iteration, but not anymore. Reason being? A lot of the votes for her, and her alone, were botted.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm pretty - no, VERY - disappointed.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Apparently Elma was on the previous iteration, but not anymore. Reason being? A lot of the votes for her, and her alone, were botted.

Yeah...... looking at some of the characters that made it over her (and some of the characters in general, Heavy literally got like 1500 votes in the last two days of the poll while the rest of the characters only got peanuts in comparison), I highly doubt there weren't any other characters that were botted.

I mean the fact that characters like DJ Professor K, Candyman, and Furret are on here at all (and the fact that characters like Conker and Heavy are as high as they are) tells me all I need to know about the validity of the poll.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah...... looking at some of the characters that made it over her (and some of the characters in general, Heavy literally got like 1500 votes in the last two days of the poll while the rest of the characters only got peanuts in comparison), I highly doubt there weren't any other characters that were botted.

I mean the fact that characters like DJ Professor K, Candyman, and Furret are on here at all (and the fact that characters like Conker and Heavy are as high as they are) tells me all I need to know about the validity of the poll.
DJ Professor K is literally an NPC in Jet Set Radio, you'd think Beat would be higher

also who the **** is Candyman? and GOKU? they booted Elma for Goku. I can't

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
DJ Professor K is literally an NPC in Jet Set Radio, you'd think Beat would be higher

also who the **** is Candyman? and GOKU? they booted Elma for Goku. I can't

I heard DJ Professor K got as high as he did due to some "King for Another Day" thing? I don't know the details.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean for all we know HEAVY coulda been botted. I smell bias on the poll runner’s part

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400

And this is why i don't take fan polls seriously.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I mean for all we know HEAVY coulda been botted. I smell bias on the poll runner’s part
He was biased, indeed. He retweeted a truckload of things surrounding Heavy, and very few of other characters.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So Pikmin 3 Deluxe was shadowdropped, as rumors suggested

I hope Xenoblade X Definitive Edition is next in the cards for their Wii U ports...

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
Now that Pikmin 3 is ported to the Nintendo Switch

Time to cross off another on the to do list of that “bring Wii U games onto Switch” poll:
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/01/poll_what_other_wii_u_games_do_you_want_to_see_on_switch1
I’m talking about Xenoblade X of course.

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220

I hope Xenoblade X Definitive Edition is next in the cards for their Wii U ports...
Excellent news, though with how this year is going, we'll probably get a port of Wii Party U before we see X on the Switch.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400

Oh for the love of....Xenoblade X for Switch! JUST DO IT YOU COWARDS!

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
The latest Nintendo financial reveal that XCDE has sold 1,32 million copies. The thirst for Xenoblade is certainly there and the series is at an all-time high.

Hopefully XCX will be given a chance at new life like many of the other Wii U games.

Nartic

Smash Cadet
The latest Nintendo financial reveal that XCDE has sold 1,32 million copies. The thirst for Xenoblade is certainly there and the series is at an all-time high.

Hopefully XCX will be given a chance at new life like many of the other Wii U games.
Better than expected. Good News.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they're using sales figures from Definitive Edition to gauge whether or not porting X is worth the investment. Here's hoping it sold well enough.
aparently it is now the fastest selling game in the series. it is worth noting fastest selling means sales in the first few months, as opposed to best selling which is lifetime sales. But eather way its a good sign

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
aparently it is now the fastest selling game in the series. it is worth noting fastest selling means sales in the first few months, as opposed to best selling which is lifetime sales. But eather way its a good sign
Another important detail: Xenoblade 1 was already released 3 times before DE: Wii, Wii U eShop and New3DS

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Yoooo that’s impressive

And look what I found!

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Apologies if this has been posted already but I saw this amazing portrait of Elma and figured I'd share it with you guys.

I saw this on reddit recently. I really like this one. <3

Now with Pikmin 3 we almost got all big first-party Wii U-games on Switch. The only noteworthy left would be Xenoblade X and Mario 3D World
(and maybe Starfox Zero). Come on, we are THIS close. I can feel it!

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I saw this on reddit recently. I really like this one. <3

Now with Pikmin 3 we almost got all big first-party Wii U-games on Switch. The only noteworthy left would be Xenoblade X and Mario 3D World
(and maybe Starfox Zero). Come on, we are THIS close. I can feel it!
According to Jon Cartwright's recent interview with Hideki Kamiya, there isn't any plan to port/remaster Star Fox Zero that Platinum has been made aware of. And with the rumors of a 3D World port this holiday to coincide with Mario's 35th anniversary, a port of X is looking more and more likely for 2021.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
According to Jon Cartwright's recent interview with Hideki Kamiya, there isn't any plan to port/remaster Star Fox Zero that Platinum has been made aware of. And with the rumors of a 3D World port this holiday to coincide with Mario's 35th anniversary, a port of X is looking more and more likely for 2021.
think they'd at least announce it this year and give a 2021 release date?

a random user

Smash Journeyman
star fox zero was always one of the least likely to be ported, due to enemy placement requiring that you aim and fly in different directions it cant be reasonably ported without changeing the design of most levels, other games that have the problem of relying to heavily on the game pad to be easily ported are game&Wario, as well as nintiendoland

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
star fox zero was always one of the least likely to be ported, due to enemy placement requiring that you aim and fly in different directions it cant be reasonably ported without changeing the design of most levels, other games that have the problem of relying to heavily on the game pad to be easily ported are game&Wario, as well as nintiendoland
How about Fatal Frame V? A workaround to the game pad camera could be to just use a button to go into camera mode like older games did

a random user

Smash Journeyman
How about Fatal Frame V? A workaround to the game pad camera could be to just use a button to go into camera mode like older games did
never played fatal frame, but i imagine that they could likely make it work howerver older games in the series did, as long as the wii u version didn't make any major changes, like having to walk around a complex area and aim at the same time

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
think they'd at least announce it this year and give a 2021 release date?
I don't even know at this point. I've given up trying to predict Nintendo's announcements this year. We know that we have more of the "partner showcases" coming, but those seem to be focused on third-party releases. I'm thinking that info on first-party games and DLC for Smash/Pokemon will just be dropped on us like Pikmin 3 was. Between the pandemic and Nintendo not wanting their news to be overshadowed by Sony and Microsoft's new consoles, I'm not expecting another traditional Direct until January.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
double post but it's been more than a day so:

basically insiders are saying it's now or never for Nintendo and they might do a BIG ASS BLOWOUT. i hope Xenoblade X definitive is one of them even if we gotta wait till 2021

just aaaaaaaaaagh I NEED ELMA IN SMASH LITERALLY NOW

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

basically insiders are saying it's now or never for Nintendo and they might do a BIG ASS BLOWOUT. i hope Xenoblade X definitive is one of them even if we gotta wait till 2021

Well, we'll have to wait and see if Monday bares any fruit, given thoee Indie World rumors.

Calamitas

Smash Champion

I don't have the time to watch this right now, so I'll just ask right away: Who's Jeff Grub again? And why should we listen to him?

Top Bottom