• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I mean, I don't really count on her being playable either, but if this mention of both Black Tar and Uncontrollable does have some truth to it, there should at the very least be a bit more than just a boss fight. After all, from a sheer moveset standpoint, Elma would be pretty easy to adapt to 1's battle system. Either way, I just hope that they blindly force Rex into this, (because there's apparently also something involving him, urgh) and leave our colonel out.
Dread it. Run from it. Rex always comes.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Can't hex the Rex, baby!

That being said, I haven't heard of anything specifically mentioning him besides the Rex armor set...and I think that was actually a thing in the original game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
so any updates on that Black Tar/Uncontrollable thing in DE? The only DE spoilers I wanna see are ones that involve X

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Guess DE did a Rexit, then, 'cause those rumblings about him being in somewhere currently seem to be bogus. There was a rex armour set already in the original that had nothing to do with that void of personality, and it seems people mistook that for something relating to him.

so any updates on that Black Tar/Uncontrollable thing in DE? The only DE spoilers I wanna see are ones that involve X
There currently doesn't seem to be anything directly involving the other games. Even the ending cutscene showing Klaus' experiment has apparently no new audio, and only some shots of the Trinity Processor and the Zohar added.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What's the deal with all the spoilers for the posts everyone lol!
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition content leaked, so they're discussing the leaks (or what they hope gets leaked) in the spoiler tags.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Guess DE did a Rexit, then, 'cause those rumblings about him being in somewhere currently seem to be bogus. There was a rex armour set already in the original that had nothing to do with that void of personality, and it seems people mistook that for something relating to him.

There currently doesn't seem to be anything directly involving the other games. Even the ending cutscene showing Klaus' experiment has apparently no new audio, and only some shots of the Trinity Processor and the Zohar added.
Actually, there's a chance it was refering to this:

In case you are not aware, game has already leaked, some people have downloaded it and are playing right now

Future Connected doesn't directly tie into XB2 since it's a story about Melia (even Shulk himself is mostly just along for the ride) but it's strongly implied the Fog King seen in trailers is a Guldo from the old world, that those portals are somehow connected to.
Shulk's Monado replica is very blatantly based on Pyra's sword
Its name is "Monado Replica EX"
Its description reads: "Developed under Shulk's guidance. Monado Replica EX, or REX for short."

It's still unknown if the Experiment scene has been modified or how much since nobody has beaten the main game yet.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I've looked through the datamines myself.
there's literally nothing connecting it to X and even the connections to 2 are very very slight. no costumes, no music, nothing. Unless they add stuff in updates, there's jack ****.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Actually, there's a chance it was refering to this:
Wow. And I thought we got desperate for anything relating to X and Elma here. But this? This is also getting up there in the reaching department.

I've looked through the datamines myself.
there's literally nothing connecting it to X and even the connections to 2 are very very slight. no costumes, no music, nothing. Unless they add stuff in updates, there's jack ****.
I'm honestly mixed on this. On the one hand, I'm glad that they're letting 1 stand by itself, and not force in any connections to other games. On the other hand, the comments Takahashi made in that recent interview are leaving me rather doubtful as to whether or not DE will even receive any substantial updates post-launch.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
tfw not only the new Shantae game on switch gets (slightly) delayed in europe AND your copy of Xenoblade DE won't be arriving until a week later

keef.png

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer?”

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
tfw not only the new Shantae game on switch gets (slightly) delayed in europe AND your copy of Xenoblade DE won't be arriving until a week later

View attachment 273042
If you want TRUE suffering, look no further than IGN's original video review of XC:DE.

Seriously, how did they get "Duncan" from "Dunban"? He's not a donut salesman!

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
If you want TRUE suffering, look no further than IGN's original video review of XC:DE.

I don't watch IGN, but i heard about this. And that Melia is one of the "weaker characters"...like, really?

GolisoPower

Smash Master

If that's how they pronounce the names, I'm just gonna take your word for it.

Also, lemme guess: they say "Rye-key" when referring to Riki?

Calamitas

Smash Champion

View attachment 273042
Well, rest assured, my delivery of DE is also set to only get here next week. Wednesday, in fact. Though I do have some slight hopes that it'll be here sooner. . .

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just remember that your postal service is probably running at half man so that explains why it could arrive later than the release date.

Although since I decided not to use Amazon this time which I'm glad, I'll be pretty disappointed in Royal Mail being in the UK for arriving later than Saturday.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So Elma's chances in smash ride on whether or not Sakurai accepts to keep Rex as a Miss Costume only, I assume?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So Elma's chances in smash ride on whether or not Sakurai accepts to keep Rex as a Miss Costume only, I assume?
that seems to be the consensus and i think it'll be the outcome too personally

i have a feeling pass 2 will be all about the tie-in promotions, and if X DE happens soon, she's a shoo in. XB2 isn't getting a definitive edition this soon, much less on the same console lifespan

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It was always that to be honest.

If Rex is an option, I'm fairly certain he'd go for Rex.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Depends on if that one theory about this Pass being about adding characters they wanted to add in base game is true. Problem is, that theory is largely based on the fact we're getting an ARMS rep, despite not being relevant anymore (no offense). Plus, Sakurai himself admitted to wanting to add Rex, so he still has that going for him either way.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Depends on if that one theory about this Pass being about adding characters they wanted to add in base game is true. Problem is, that theory is largely based on the fact we're getting an ARMS rep, despite not being relevant anymore (no offense). Plus, Sakurai himself admitted to wanting to add Rex, so he still has that going for him either way.
So it is a potential double jeopardy scenario for us if these things happen:

1) The ARMS fighter happens to be Ribbon Girl, making Mii Costumes not counting out for newcomers, helping Rex.

2) Sakurai wants him anyways and adds Rex to the game.

I have noticed there seems to be a duality between Elma and Rex both from Monolith Soft and Sakurai.

The DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 talks about how people would like to see Shulk and Elma in the same game; however, Sakurai has stated he personally wanted Rex in the game and had time been good then he would be in.

Elma still has a chance and one I believe she will get due to Nintendo wanting some characters in Smash as well.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Just came back to Smashboards due to some reminiscing thanks to this pandemic, and it's really nice to see this topic still going. If Elma still has a chance I'll remain hopeful. Along with my hope that Dr. Coyle ends up being the ARMS rep, I hope the next few DLC characters are badass females.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I mean, one thing that you all are forgetting here is one single thing that ARMS didn't have that 2 has: Music. And I wonder, which Xenoblade game currently has no music in Smash again?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, one thing that you all are forgetting here is one single thing that ARMS didn't have that 2 has: Music. And I wonder, which Xenoblade game currently has no music in Smash again?
LACK OF MUSIC THEORY LET’S GOOOOO

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Happy Xeno day, guys.

I'm not getting my copy until tomorrow but it's still so surreal that my favorite video game ever finally got the treatment it deserves with this remaster.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
True, but keep in mind 1) it was only three songs, and 2) none of them are remixes. If Sakurai wanted to add Rex, he still has plenty to work with.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
True, but keep in mind 1) it was only three songs, and 2) none of them are remixes. If Sakurai wanted to add Rex, he still has plenty to work with.
Conversely, they could add more 2 music (+ Torna and maybe DE music) with Elma. Doesn’t have to be all X music. After all Terry came with SamSho and I think also Metal Slug music

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Conversely, they could add more 2 music (+ Torna and maybe DE music) with Elma. Doesn’t have to be all X music. After all Terry came with SamSho and I think also Metal Slug music
Likewise with Rex. Uncontrollable was in 2, after all.

Man, your "lack of music" theory is more complicated than I thought...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Adding to that, only a handful of Metal Slug's tunes were added.

Granted, they could still add more remixes just because, you don't know what to expect with the composer division of the staff.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
DUDE

HAVE I GOT A BIG ONE TO DROP ON YALL
"Just finished FC.

On one hand I'm disappointed that there's no direct connection to Xenoblade 2.
BUT: unexpectedly, FC connects Xenoblade 1 to ... Xenoblade X?! In the final cutscene we see one Telethia fly into the rift. And it has been speculated that the Kiri no Ou (Mist King in English?) Looks similar to a monster from X. The telethia flying into the rift pretty much confirms it imo, as there's exactly ONE telethia in Xenoblade X!"
"The common theory is that the Fog King seems to have a lot in common with the lyrics to Black Tar from the Xenoblade X soundtrack, suggesting that if we return to Mira in a future installment that he will appear there in any sort of expanded story."
"Is the telethia giant and looks similar to Endbringer from X? If so that's a definite connection.

It isn't giant i think, but it doesn't have to, as X takes place in the far future. X' telethia basically waited for centuries on Mira."
Taken from a discord dm, idk original source but if this is to be believed then...

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Started my playthrough today and made it to the Refugee Camp. Really loving the re-recorded music except for You Will Know Our Names. Mainly, it’s just the opening. Kind of lacking in the same aggressive-ness of the original.

Also it’s going to be awhile before I make it to Future Connected. The things I do for this game. May I not be spoiled in the 50+ hours it will undoubtedly take.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
DUDE

HAVE I GOT A BIG ONE TO DROP ON YALL
"Just finished FC.

On one hand I'm disappointed that there's no direct connection to Xenoblade 2.
BUT: unexpectedly, FC connects Xenoblade 1 to ... Xenoblade X?! In the final cutscene we see one Telethia fly into the rift. And it has been speculated that the Kiri no Ou (Mist King in English?) Looks similar to a monster from X. The telethia flying into the rift pretty much confirms it imo, as there's exactly ONE telethia in Xenoblade X!"
"The common theory is that the Fog King seems to have a lot in common with the lyrics to Black Tar from the Xenoblade X soundtrack, suggesting that if we return to Mira in a future installment that he will appear there in any sort of expanded story."
"Is the telethia giant and looks similar to Endbringer from X? If so that's a definite connection.

It isn't giant i think, but it doesn't have to, as X takes place in the far future. X' telethia basically waited for centuries on Mira."
Taken from a discord dm, idk original source but if this is to be believed then...
You misunderstood the scene with
the Telethia. They were kamikaze attacking the rift because the ether from their bodies weakened it which ends up being how the final boss is weakened enough to finish off. Just like the senseless Black Tar rumour Calamitas mentioned, don’t trust anything you haven’t seen yourself.
I beat FC. It certainly was a thing. UI updates were nice. Still just makes me wish X got ported though.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So I just beat Future Connected myself last night, after I got the game against all expectations on Friday already. And on that note. . .

You misunderstood the scene with
the Telethia. They were kamikaze attacking the rift because the ether from their bodies weakened it which ends up being how the final boss is weakened enough to finish off. Just like the senseless Black Tar rumour Calamitas mentioned, don’t trust anything you haven’t seen yourself.
I beat FC. It certainly was a thing. UI updates were nice. Still just makes me wish X got ported though.
I think your interpretation isn't that clear-cut either. I mean, there's no denying that several Telethia do fly into the rift, but I don't think that that's really a kamikaze attack, since nothing of the sort was explicitly mentioned, and the visuals were pretty vague. There might be a possibility that they're gonna pull a "Oh actually, some Telethia did make it through the rift after all" sorta thing in a future game, though that's only one option.

At any rate - did anyone else feel like the Fog King looked like the sorta creature that would fit more with X' general aesthetic than anything else? Or is that just my X bias speaking there?

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I’m pretty sure it’s meant to be seen as a sacrifice considering how them flying into it is what let’s Melia win. Using it as a portal wouldn’t have done anything.

The Fog King looks like a repurposed XB2 enemy model anyways, it has the same general body layout as the Infernal Guldo which was another black shapeless monster. I really doubt anything from Future Connected relates to X.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I don't know if anybody can help, but does anybody mind helping me with XC1's Colony 6 Reconstruction? I've been playing through the main story (haven't started Future Connected), and I've been trying to balance out the Reconstruction and the main story.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I don't know if anybody can help, but does anybody mind helping me with XC1's Colony 6 Reconstruction? I've been playing through the main story (haven't started Future Connected), and I've been trying to balance out the Reconstruction and the main story.
That was always something i somewhat ignored in the original. I really need to chance it this time around.

I got the game yesterday and yeah...game's still great. Haven't left Colony 9 yet. Doing some sidequest as of right now.
btw can we talk about how good some of the new remixes are? "One Who Gets In Our Way" is sooooo good!

Top Bottom