• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I dunno why but I expect leaks more now... fingers crossed Elma is in
I kinda miss the old "rumor/leak" speculation thread during Smash4-base-speculation.
Not because i believed them (god no!), but it was fun reading through these supposed leaks and what crazy ideas they could come up with.

Those were the days. I can't believe this was, what like 6 years ago?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._on_3ds_says_it_didnt_live_up_to_expectations

Sure am glad XCX didn't get that kind of open "son, I am disappoint" from its own creators.

I kinda miss the old "rumor/leak" speculation thread during Smash4-base-speculation.
Not because i believed them (god no!), but it was fun reading through these supposed leaks and what crazy ideas they could come up with.

I kinda miss that one user who dumbly insisted that :ultpichu: would be the last DLC. Nowadays, fans take speculation too seriously for their own good.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I kinda miss that one user who dumbly insisted that :ultpichu: would be the last DLC. Nowadays, fans take speculation too seriously for their own good.
IKR? At this rate, I'm surprised that people aren't planning literal riots when something they've speculated will happen doesn't happen. I get that people get confident about speculation and theories and presumptions, but there's a point where people can get deluded by their own speculation, fanatically claiming that it will come like some end-of-the-world street prophet. I can't stress it enough on how important it is to work to not reach that point, but unfortunately, it seems like the fanbase during this era of Smash speculation just flew past that point and straight to Pluto.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
He did Lao too? Dammit... :c

If a Xeno X definitive happens and there’s new scenes with Lao, idk if they’ll only give him a new VO for new lines or just recast him altogether

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Me too. Speculation was a blast in Smash 4 compared to Ultimate. I was there seeing the wild ride that was the Gematsu leak and ESRB leak. I'll never forget those days.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
He did Lao too? Dammit... :c

If a Xeno X definitive happens and there’s new scenes with Lao, idk if they’ll only give him a new VO for new lines or just recast him altogether
I heard about this only a few hours ago. He did the voice for Mewtwo in Smash 4 + Ultimate as well.
Man, didn't see this one coming. First Rick May and now him. :(

Can we skip to 2021 already?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I heard about this only a few hours ago. He did the voice for Mewtwo in Smash 4 + Ultimate as well.
Man, didn't see this one coming. First Rick May and now him. :(

Can we skip to 2021 already?
Sadly, we still have eight months to go.

But to try and be more positive, once we officially hit rock bottom (although some would argue we already have), then the only way left will be up, right?

"You can laugh or you can cry when it all falls apart, but I believe the more you laugh, the more you heal the heart".

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Part of me was expecting another popular character to be revealed as the first fighter in Pass 2, but instead an ARMS character was confirmed. A thought recently occurred to me: will Pass 2 feature more obscure characters, in contrast to Pass 1, which featured high-profile characters? If so, then I think Elma's chances might have increased.

Like the Wonderful 101, Xenoblade Chronicles X was a rare gem that was just released on the wrong console at the wrong time. Ergo, I'm hoping Xenoblade X gets the same opportunity the Wonderful 101 did. If Elma does end up being in Pass 2, then I fancy the chances for a Xenoblade X port have increased as well.

Lastly, I wonder if the remaining fighters in Pass 2 will be revealed in the same way: telling us what game the fighter is from without actually knowing exactly what fighter it is. If so, then we might have more news sooner.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think Elma would certainly qualify as a "lesser known". ARMS is for sure, whether or not it's Spring Man as an AT promotion or one of the 4 not-Spring Man Spirits (Min Min, Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, Ninjara); ARMS would def be considered a "sleeper pick" in the sense they're not uber popular. Elma is eclipsed popularity wise by Rex on these boards, so I think Sakurai would surprise us by saying, "Our Xenoblade rep is Elma! Surprise!"

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I think Elma would certainly qualify as a "lesser known". ARMS is for sure, whether or not it's Spring Man as an AT promotion or one of the 4 not-Spring Man Spirits (Min Min, Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, Ninjara); ARMS would def be considered a "sleeper pick" in the sense they're not uber popular. Elma is eclipsed popularity wise by Rex on these boards, so I think Sakurai would surprise us by saying, "Our Xenoblade rep is Elma! Surprise!"
I guess that logic, considering even EventHubs thinks Rex is the likely Xenoblade rep. Problem is, Nintendo are the ones calling the shots, so it's still 50/50. People are convinced the only reason we're getting an ARMS rep is because of a sequal we don't even know exists yet. Assuming that is the case, it depends on what they have planned for Xenoblade next. Will X finally get ported? Will Future Connected go all in on the 2 references? Is there even ANYTHING planned for the series!?! Too many unknowns.

Man, June can't come soon enough...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I guess that logic, considering even EventHubs thinks Rex is the likely Xenoblade rep. Problem is, Nintendo are the ones calling the shots, so it's still 50/50. People are convinced the only reason we're getting an ARMS rep is because of a sequal we don't even know exists yet. Assuming that is the case, it depends on what they have planned for Xenoblade next. Will X finally get ported? Will Future Connected go all in on the 2 references? Is there even ANYTHING planned for the series!?! Too many unknowns.

Man, June can't come soon enough...
If Nintendo is calling the shots, it's more evidence Rex missed his chance imo as Xenoblade 2 promotional material is slowly being phased out. Plus, even though the costume was an apology for Rex not being in base roster, why even make a costume of him to begin with as a bonus for pass 1? Unless Nintendo said "Nah, we got a different Xenoblade DLC rep in mind and it's not Rex" cause remember Nintendo calls the shots on DLC. Spring Man being an AT in base was Sakurai's decision as it was pre-DLC.

Future Connected will most likely have 2 references, but I think there's a really good chance it'll also have X references. Since some Nopon in X made a craft Monado replica, and Lin's Monado hairpins. That HAS to be referenced somehow

And I have a good feeling that X Definitive Edition will be announced later this year. Maybe Elma to go with it...?

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If Nintendo is calling the shots, it's more evidence Rex missed his chance imo as Xenoblade 2 promotional material is slowly being phased out. Plus, even though the costume was an apology for Rex not being in base roster, why even make a costume of him to begin with? Unless Nintendo said "Nah, we got a different Xenoblade DLC rep in mind and it's not Rex" cause remember Nintendo calls the shots on DLC. Spring Man being an AT in base was Sakurai's decision as it was pre-DLC.

Future Connected will most likely have 2 references, but I think there's a really good chance it'll also have X references. Since some Nopon in X made a craft Monado replica, and Lin's Monado hairpins. That HAS to be referenced somehow

And I have a good feeling that X Definitive Edition will be announced later this year. Maybe Elma to go with it...?
Not to sound rude, but that's where things start getting complicated. For one, the only people who know what Nintendo has planned is Nintendo themselves (4chan doesn't count). We've already seen proof that XCDE has some degree of 2 references, and there's even a rumor that Future Connected is actually meant to tie the two games even more (hence the name). Plus, the outcry of Rex's deconfirmation was a lot bigger than people give it credit for: even Japan was upset, and they're usually pretty chill with deconfirms. Combine that with the fact Sakurai himself admitted he would've added Rex in the base game had the circumstances been different, and Nintendo could pull a surprise on us and add Rex in after all.

Then again, this is Smash speculation, and nothing ever goes our way. But what I'm trying to say is, while you can keep petitioning for Elma (believe me, I won't stop you), you can't just assume Rex is dead in the water. Like I said earlier, there are too many unknowns.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not to sound rude, but that's where things start getting complicated. For one, the only people who know what Nintendo has planned is Nintendo themselves (4chan doesn't count). We've already seen proof that XCDE has some degree of 2 references, and there's even a rumor that Future Connected is actually meant to tie the two games even more (hence the name). Plus, the outcry of Rex's deconfirmation was a lot bigger than people give it credit for: even Japan was upset, and they're usually pretty chill with deconfirms. Combine that with the fact Sakurai himself admitted he would've added Rex in the base game had the circumstances been different, and Nintendo could pull a surprise on us and add Rex in after all.

Then again, this is Smash speculation, and nothing ever goes our way. But what I'm trying to say is, while you can keep petitioning for Elma (believe me, I won't stop you), you can't just assume Rex is dead in the water. Like I said earlier, there are too many unknowns.
Fair enough, I guess i'll wait for the outcome. I don't mean to be disrespectful

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So... according to the Geno thread, that Gundam figure was probably used for the Spirit Gun when you clear a Spirit Board battle?

idk, I’m personally not seeing any resemblance

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Personally I'm more for Elma getting in, but I wouldn't mind Rex. I will take any Xenoblade rep at this point because it isn't fair this franchise only has one rep in the game.

So... according to the Geno thread, that Gundam figure was probably used for the Spirit Gun when you clear a Spirit Board battle?

Me either. I still think it was use for a fighter that we haven't seen yet.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
The Spirit gun just uses the animations for the Super Scope item right? I'm dead certain that the mech wasn't for that at any rate, imo my best bet aside from something we haven't seen yet (or ever) is one of the Inkling's weapons.

Edit: Just checked ingame, it's a single handed weapon, probably use animations based on the Ray Gun item but they are technically unique as Cloud who I tested holds the gun up straight rather than down like he does with an item in a match. At any rate if Sakurai even needed a toy to plan out animations for the Spirit gun, he'd most likely use whatever he used for the Ray Gun animations.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

inb4 the Gundam figure ends up literally being used for Gundam in Smash

Japan finally wins!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey, it’s better than Goku
Not to say Goku would be a bad choice, but I can think of a ton of DBZ characters and other anime series characters in general that I think would be better than him if we ever dip into that territory. I can see why they would go with him if a anime character ever got in, but honestly to me Goku is kind of boring in comparison to a lot of anime characters.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Not to say Goku would be a bad choice, but I can think of a ton of DBZ characters and other anime series characters in general that I think would be better than him if we ever dip into that territory. I can see why they would go with him if a anime character ever got in, but honestly to me Goku is kind of boring in comparison to a lot of anime characters.
I've recently gotten into My Hero Academia. You think Izuku would be a good fit?

Say, weird question, but assuming Future Connected is meant to help tie the original game with the later entries, how would they approach the potential X references? Keep in mind, I never played X, so I don't know if it referenced anything from XC1.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Say, weird question, but assuming Future Connected is meant to help tie the original game with the later entries, how would they approach the potential X references? Keep in mind, I never played X, so I don't know if it referenced anything from XC1.
Considering that what we've seen for Future Connected has shown that Telethia will be there, maybe they're gonna have one fly off into some kinda interdimensional portal. The implication then being that this particular Telethia ends up on Mira in the past, and becomes Telethia, the Endbringer.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
How about Android 21 ?... She's a video game character if you think about it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've recently gotten into My Hero Academia. You think Izuku would be a good fit?

Izuku would be okay. But honestly there are not really that many protagonist Shonen or anime characters in general that I found that interesting. For example, a lot of Shonen protagonist have a lot of the same traits as Goku where they like to eat a lot, not that smart outside of battle, kind of quirky, fight for their friends, ect. Luffy and Naruto both sharing a lot of traits from Goku for example.

How about Android 21 ?... She's a video game character if you think about it.
Than I guess Patrick Redfield from One Piece: Unlimited World Red would count as a top contender as well since he is a video game non canon exclusive character as well. :4pacman:

But honestly I would prefer any of the Buus or Cell over Android 21.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Android 21 at least shares Elma’s JP voice actor. If you squint and play red-white Bayonetta with her voice it’s almost like you’re playing her! In Japanese!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
In XC:DE news, here's a bunch of the remastered stuff in GameXplain video format, complete with side-by-side comparisons!

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Happy 5th Japanese anniversary to Xenoblade X. It's a public holiday so there won't be any posts from Monolith Soft about it but there's plenty of art being posted in the tag.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Well it's still a few months until the Western anniversary in December. Still, it has been a while. My early playthrough of XBX took place in an airconditioned living room during uni break and a lot of pizza was eaten, but I still remember it like it was last week.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, since it is now my unofficially official job to report on XCDE news, here's some more new info, including Future Connected having a new battle system!

Huh. I wonder if they're waiting to port X until after they come up with a new battle system for it...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, since it is now my unofficially official job to report on XCDE news, here's some more new info, including Future Connected having a new battle system!

Huh. I wonder if they're waiting to port X until after they come up with a new battle system for it...
The original XC in XCDE still has the same battle system, doesn’t it? It’s just this spinoff that has a new one, so I don’t see why.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The original XC in XCDE still has the same battle system, doesn’t it? It’s just this spinoff that has a new one, so I don’t see why.
Oh, I wasn't trying to imply the original X getting a new battle system. I meant if it got some kind of Extra mode or something, like Torna or Future Connected. I'm terrible at wording things...

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Personally, with X's huge open world design and it's focus on exploration over traditional RPG storytelling, I'd rather instead of getting an extra post game scenario, they add the equivilent content into the main game. resolution of the game's unsolved mysteries is sequel territory imo. Maybe some more clues and context for some of them at least.

Top Bottom