• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Yeah she definately appears on the spirit board after you've unlocked her from challenges. I made a point of farming them, nearly at 100.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Yeah she definately appears on the spirit board after you've unlocked her from challenges. I made a point of farming them, nearly at 100.
Nearly 100?! Jeez, you must have way more luck in getting to appear her, then. I still have yet to see her even once on the Spirit Board.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I only got Lin, Lao and Tatsu. Haven't seen the Skell once on the board

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Skell can't appear on the board, I know cause the board tried to give you spirits you don't currently have and I deleted mine and it didn't show despite having every other spirit, so I'm pretty certain there is no battle for Formula. As for farming Elma, you can use a rematch item to bring back a spirit even if you succeed, I just kept bringing Elma back to amass an army of her.. purely as a summoning ritual... you understand right?

Theres nothing quite like sending squads of Elma's into the caves to explore.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What Spirits do you need to fuse for the Formula?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I guess in one hour we’ll find out if we’ll get a direct this week or no. If not, guess it’ll be next week

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Formula won’t appear on the Spirit Board due to it’s respective Battle was cut from the game.
To be honest looking at that data, it doesn't look like it was cut at all, just placeholder data. Mario on Battlefield? Maybe they planned to create a battle for Formula but it doesn't look like they did judging from that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To be honest looking at that data, it doesn't look like it was cut at all, just placeholder data. Mario on Battlefield? Maybe they planned to create a battle for Formula but it doesn't look like they did judging from that.
Most of those missing battles are either fusions or evolved spirits so it makes sense

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Hello, everyone. Did anything interesting happen in the last few days? Don't have much time to check regularly.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If they're announcing a Direct, it doesn't look like they'll do it today. Apparently it's a national holiday in Japan, assuming I have my timezones right...
An evening announcement is possible as 7-8 PM EST = morning in Japan

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so idk if y’all caught wind but

if you have the Cuphead costume, all the music in the Cuphead spirit event battles is changed to Floral Fury and Mega Man is replaced with Mii Gunner

so content in Spirit Battles can be replaced...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hey so idk if y’all caught wind but

if you have the Cuphead costume, all the music in the Cuphead spirit event battles is changed to Floral Fury and Mega Man is replaced with Mii Gunner

so content in Spirit Battles can be replaced...
And so, the plot thickens... again. Man, can they just hurry up and say SOMETHING about the possibility of Spirit promotions? I know they've been making these updates, but I've been burned before...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And so, the plot thickens... again. Man, can they just hurry up and say SOMETHING about the possibility of Spirit promotions? I know they've been making these updates, but I've been burned before...
I have a feeling FP6 MAY be a spirit promotion

and you know how Bayonetta has a glitch, and in the past Mii Swordfighter (Hero’s base) and Duck Hunt (Banjo’s base) had glitches?

Ppl think Bayo’s a hint at 2B, but you know what else Bayo has? TWO guns, not one.

and with how Caitlin Glass gave a totally wrong answer when it came to the NDA (there’s NO way it was the FMA live action movie I’m sorry)... I’m thinking it’s time y’all

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
and with how Caitlin Glass gave a totally wrong answer when it came to the NDA (there’s NO way it was the FMA live action movie I’m sorry)... I’m thinking it’s time y’all
Wait, did she finally talked about that NDA-job? Can you give details?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait, did she finally talked about that NDA-job? Can you give details?
It’s more like a non-answer and dodges the issue like “I don’t remember, maybe the FMA live action movie?”

you would totally remember your NDA and wouldn’t say “maybe” in regard to it, so the FMA thing wasn’t the subject of the NDA

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
It’s more like a non-answer and dodges the issue like “I don’t remember, maybe the FMA live action movie?”

you would totally remember your NDA and wouldn’t say “maybe” in regard to it, so the FMA thing wasn’t the subject of the NDA
Agreed. I can't imagine that she would forget something like this. Considering how much trouble you can get into, if you break NDA.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Agreed. I can't imagine that she would forget something like this. Considering how much trouble you can get into, if you break NDA.
I mean look what happened with Chris Niosi (scandal aside) for Male Byleth, they just straight up recasted him with the dude who voices Tanjiro from Demon Slayer

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
i feel like they won't stop at Bionis Shoulder when it comes to XCDE's new content

guest appearance by Elma, anyone? And possibly Rex/Pyra to keep up the continuity of Land of Challenges, and/or even KOS-MOS and/or T-elos. They'd do it I have a feeling they will
To show you my dream list in a Xenoblade Chronicles 1 remake:

1. Bionis Shoulder - Done
2. Expansion of Colony 9 - I love Colony 9 but wouldn't mind a few hidden areas post game along the eastern side that connects to sea level of the Bionis.
3. Reworking of the Battle System - Mostly to match the pacing of XC2. I loved the weight behind the attacks in the game.
4. Land of Challenge - You said.
5. References to Xeno - You said Elma and Rex and Pyra. I say hell yeah but make it post game.
6. Reference to PXZ2 - I also say a reference to Project X Zone 2. Fiora meeting KOS-MOS again or a side quest involving Shulk going to Wreckage Beach or Sword Valley after hearing someone see strange people there. Fiora isn't present of course. He doesn't find anyone but he does get new equipment.
7. Reference to Smash - Just a tweak of Gaur Plains to reference the stage platforms.
8. Sound Options - Seriously needed. Dual audio again even though the game has one of the best game dubs out there.
9. Redone animations - Again to reference XC2, the animations has more weight to it and would like that in the XC1 remake.

And of course 10.
Plot Holes and a hint of the series future - A few major questions from XC2 remain.......
Who is Ontos and is it really Alvis?
Who were the Saviourite Rebels mentioned at the start of Chapter 10?
Is Xenoblade X an alternative timeline?
Will there be an in-universe explanation of how or why Zanza retained his half or will he be given a redesign?

And finally to wonder, will all voice actors for both Japanese and English come back if they are redoing lines? Most likely Adam Howden will come back as Shulk, it was kinda his breakout role for him in gaming. And Carina Reeves will likely come back as Fiora given she did for XC2 but what about the others such as Reyn (I think) who was reported to never want to do voice acting for games again?

I'll crosspost this to the Elma support thread maybe but to the likes of my other Xeno fans, what do you all think of my thoughts?

Was recommended to post my thoughts here by Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura . What do my fellow Elma supports think?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

2. Expansion of Colony 9 - I love Colony 9 but wouldn't mind a few hidden areas post game along the eastern side that connects to sea level of the Bionis.
3. Reworking of the Battle System - Mostly to match the pacing of XC2. I loved the weight behind the attacks in the game.
5. References to Xeno - You said Elma and Rex and Pyra. I say hell yeah but make it post game.
6. Reference to PXZ2 - I also say a reference to Project X Zone 2. Fiora meeting KOS-MOS again or a side quest involving Shulk going to Wreckage Beach or Sword Valley after hearing someone see strange people there. Fiora isn't present of course. He doesn't find anyone but he does get new equipment.
7. Reference to Smash - Just a tweak of Gaur Plains to reference the stage platforms.
8. Sound Options - Seriously needed. Dual audio again even though the game has one of the best game dubs out there.
9. Redone animations - Again to reference XC2, the animations has more weight to it and would like that in the XC1 remake.

And of course 10.
Plot Holes and a hint of the series future - A few major questions from XC2 remain.......
Will there be an in-universe explanation of how or why Zanza retained his half or will he be given a redesign?

And finally to wonder, will all voice actors for both Japanese and English come back if they are redoing lines? Most likely Adam Howden will come back as Shulk, it was kinda his breakout role for him in gaming. And Carina Reeves will likely come back as Fiora given she did for XC2 but what about the others such as Reyn (I think) who was reported to never want to do voice acting for games again?

I'll crosspost this to the Elma support thread maybe but to the likes of my other Xeno fans, what do you all think of my thoughts?

Was recommended to post my thoughts here by Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura . What do my fellow Elma supports think?
I think they'll at the very least reuse already recorded audio, like also with Melia whose VO is strictly live action acting now

also did the other strange people in the Reference to PXZ2 include Chrom and Lucina, who are also in Smash? imagine if it all connects and we get any combination of Fiora and/or KOS-MOS and/or Elma in Smash, even though Elma wasn't in PXZ2... PX3 with her, M!Byleth, F!Corrin, Shulk, Bayonetta, Captain Falcon and Palutena pls

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I think they'll at the very least reuse already recorded audio, like also with Melia whose VO is strictly live action acting now

also did the other strange people in the Reference to PXZ2 include Chrom and Lucina, who are also in Smash? imagine if it all connects and we get any combination of Fiora and/or KOS-MOS and/or Elma in Smash, even though Elma wasn't in PXZ2... PX3 with her, M!Byleth, F!Corrin, Shulk, Bayonetta, Captain Falcon and Palutena pls
Admittedly, this is assuming PXZ3 ever becomes a thing, which I wouldn't be against, so long as I can ACTUALLY PLAY IT.

Calamitas

Smash Champion

And of course 10.

I really wouldn't want DE to change things around just for the sake of accomodating how they did things in 2, least of all the battle system. 1's battle system is fine the way it is, and there is absolutely no need to mess with it just because. About the only 2-oriented change I'd accept was if the space station flashback was expanded, but that's about it.

As for the voice actors - as others have said, I could see all of them returning, except for Jenna-Louise Coleman for Melia. Considering that she was a companion on Doctor Who for three seasons, I doubt that getting her back would be all that easy.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
What do my fellow Elma supports think?
i think xb1 is insanely overrated and xb2 not only made me lose interest in the future of the series, it made me lose interest in xb1 for being connected to it. i have less than zero interest in XBDE.

i just hope they don't retroactively ruin XBX with any of XB2 or XB1's dumb bull****. keep the stupid ass "experiment" and processor cores away from X, keep Core Crystal!Blades and their ****ty designs away from X, put Elma in for the obligatory crossover DLC bull**** and then get her on the first flight back to Mira pronto

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
i think xb1 is insanely overrated and xb2 not only made me lose interest in the future of the series, it made me lose interest in xb1 for being connected to it. i have less than zero interest in XBDE.

i just hope they don't retroactively ruin XBX with any of XB2 or XB1's dumb bull****. keep the stupid ass "experiment" and processor cores away from X, keep Core Crystal!Blades and their ****ty designs away from X, put Elma in for the obligatory crossover DLC bull**** and then get her on the first flight back to Mira pronto
I'm guessing you've had a bad experience with the more "diehard" fans...

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I really wouldn't want DE to change things around just for the sake of accomodating how they did things in 2, least of all the battle system. 1's battle system is fine the way it is, and there is absolutely no need to mess with it just because. About the only 2-oriented change I'd accept was if the space station flashback was expanded, but that's about it.

As for the voice actors - as others have said, I could see all of them returning, except for Jenna-Louise Coleman for Melia. Considering that she was a companion on Doctor Who for three seasons, I doubt that getting her back would be all that easy.
Agreed. I'm probably biased because XB1 is my all-time favorite game, but I would really prefer this remaster to be more hands-off in most areas. Yes, the battle system doesn't have the same complexity as XB2's, but why fix what isn't broken? The same goes for the story, barring a few details at the very end. Just improve the visuals, add in Bionis Shoulder and other cut areas, make some changes to the ending cutscene to make it more in-line with the retcons 2 added, and I'm good. Everything else is just icing on the cake for me. The only other change I'm hoping for would be fully voiced Heart-to-Hearts, similar to XBX's and XB2's analogous sidequests. But considering that would involve bringing the impressive voice cast back together, I'm not counting on it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Agreed. I'm probably biased because XB1 is my all-time favorite game, but I would really prefer this remaster to be more hands-off in most areas. Yes, the battle system doesn't have the same complexity as XB2's, but why fix what isn't broken? The same goes for the story, barring a few details at the very end. Just improve the visuals, add in Bionis Shoulder and other cut areas, make some changes to the ending cutscene to make it more in-line with the retcons 2 added, and I'm good. Everything else is just icing on the cake for me. The only other change I'm hoping for would be fully voiced Heart-to-Hearts, similar to XBX's and XB2's analogous sidequests. But considering that would involve bringing the impressive voice cast back together, I'm not counting on it.
They could bring ALMOST all the cast back together, barring Jenna Louise Coleman obviously

wonder who’d be a good replacement for Melia

anyway Elma for smash

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
They could bring ALMOST all the cast back together, barring Jenna Louise Coleman obviously

anyway Elma for smash
And Reyn's as well. Think he was the voice actor who was like **** this and never wanted to do voice acting again.

That could be a main problem with the remake and maybe one of the reason of getting British voice actors compared to American if that makes sense. I don't think there is a proper organisation or union over here.

Calamitas

Smash Champion

anyway Elma for smash
Well, I imagine that there's no shortage on British VAs who could do the job. The Last Story, which also has a British voice cast, had three female characters in its main cast, none of which share their voice actor with anyone from Xenoblade though Alvis' VA also has a major role in that game. Either the VA for Calista or Mirania could work.
('Course, I say that, but I'm probably the only one here who played that game and really knows any of the characters in The Last Story, lmao)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, I imagine that there's no shortage on British VAs who could do the job. The Last Story, which also has a British voice cast, had three female characters in its main cast, none of which share their voice actor with anyone from Xenoblade though Alvis' VA also has a major role in that game. Either the VA for Calista or Mirania could work.
('Course, I say that, but I'm probably the only one here who played that game and really knows any of the characters in The Last Story, lmao)
Some days I wonder it would have been like if The Last Story or Pandora's Tower got added to Smash instead of Xenoblade. Would Xenoblade still get its sequals? Or would the other(s) become proper series instead? The world may never know...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Some days I wonder it would have been like if The Last Story or Pandora's Tower got added to Smash instead of Xenoblade. Would Xenoblade still get its sequals? Or would the other(s) become proper series instead? The world may never know...
I wanted to try the last story but couldn't find it in stores, and the time limits in Pandora's Tower scared me away

Top Bottom