• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
The direct is in an hour, my anxiety is only amplified by the fact I can't watch it live.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you're missing it. The picture there is funny though. :)
Cats and playable Elma are all I need in Smash.
Aww no, I don't have any more room in my signature for more quotes, because this is the perfect post.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
All right guys, we will be seeing each other on the other side. I'm still hoping and beliving strongly on Elma, but let's see what Sakurai has for us!

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I'll be at work literally right now so... I hope I get rained with good news in my Discord.

Good luck everyone. Let's brace ourselves.

Royaru

Smash Cadet
I feel so nervous... Whatever happens, It has been an honour to fight with you guys for Elma.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
If Elma is shown as playable, fantastic.

If she is not shown, but also nothing from X is shown and Sakurai finishes with a, we still have some surprises for later, okay

If she is not playable but there is X content, dissapointing but tolerable

If she is not in and nothing from X is there, I won't buy smash ultimate, there is no excuse for this

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well then, less than five minutes remain. I'll stay off any social media while watching the Direct, so see you on the other side. Let's hope for the best.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
GET IN CLOSE AND LAND A BLOW
EDIT: Grinch is fake and Kencineroar is all there is. **** this.
Double Edit: But at least Elma might be a sticker! Oh oops I mean spirit. **** this.

Last edited:

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
GET IN CLOSE AND LAND A BLOW
EDIT: Grinch is fake and Kencineroar is all there is. **** this.
Since the robo figure wasnt for Mach it might still be for Elma. Im sure theirs gonna be one more character at the end of the video. She also hasn't been shown as a spirit to my knowledge.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was too late to make it in, even as DLC. It's a shame, though it DOES seem to boost Elma's chances.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
There was NO X stuff. None.

How is it that we got XBC2?

Such bull. I'm tired of the Chronicles X being treated like the red headed stepchild.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It really makes me wonder on what Elma's chances are as DLC now that Sakurai disconfirmed Rex. Could she still have a chance?

Sucks that there apparently isn't any XCX music tracks though. Maybe they're keeping them on hold until they're done with her or something?

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Sorry I was mistaken. I thought Rex and Pyra mii costumes were a part of the first DLC pack.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I saw from X was a Skell formula sticker (spirit) . Could not tell if there was music, and there is no stage. And X was ignored by Sakurai, while taking about Xenoblade. I will only buy the game if she is DLC.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
ThisStoryNeverTrulyEnds.png

Not gonna lie, I'm disappointed as all hell. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they've shown literally nothing from X, and instead put in a bunch of random stuff from 2. My only hope now is that Elma (or anyone else from X for that matter) wasn't shown as an Assist Trophy, which means there's still some hope for the Fighter Pass, but that's also dwindling.
. . .I better not say anything else right now, or else I'm gonna end up saying a lot of bad things about 2.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It's actually more reason to believe Elma might be one of the 5 DLC characters as it's not just a character but a stage with a bunch of associated music. Having no XCX songs would mean it's being saved for when Elma comes. Though that doesn't mean it's guaranteed

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Guys...while Elma mighg nit be on the base roster we might still be on! Isaac, Shadow and others have sadly fallen, but that leaves the door open for us.
I haven't seen ANYTHING from XCX, and Sakurai, when talking about the Rex Mii Costume, did say that he was too late in developmeng. If DLC were picked at the same time as the project proposal Elma might still be on the way as DLC.

Remember, no music or stage from X is a great sign for her since every DLC fighter will come with those!

I'm feeling great right now, and Elma as DLC might be a reality! I can't belive this!

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
With Sakurai pretty much disconfirming Rex as a too late addition even for DLC, I'm rooting for Elma as DLC, then. Here's hoping it can actually happen, we saw like zero Xenoblade X content.

Yluma

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhatACreativeID
3DS FC
4854-7666-5145
Switch FC
5660-9773-7212
Don't lose hope everyone.
I think it's pretty clear to everyone that Xenoblade needs another rep. And Rex and Pyra are deconfirmed now. There was no new Xenoblade stage either, no XCX music and Elma is not a mii costume, assist trophy or even spirit apparently. And seeing all the spirits, I'm pretty sure Elma would've been among them as well. She's popular enough for that. So I'm pretty sure she will be DLC along with an XCX stage and some of its awesome music.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
This direct was...something else. A freaking Piranha-Plant. Thats so Sakurai and i think its both awesome and stupid at the same time. Looking Forward to it. Anyway a little bit dissapointet that there wasnt anything Xenoblade X-retaled but there is still hope for DLC. And that Story-Trailer at the end man...awesome (and Shantae got a cameo. Thats cool).

Can anyone check for me how the General discussion thread is going right now. Wouldnt surprise me if a lot of people would be hella salty (i hate that word bwt but thats the only one that really fits the situation...). I just want to be sure if i ever want to have something to do with this fanbase thats all.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Elma has no chance. X got literally nothing in that entire thing. In a world where getting an assist trophy or costume is a consolation prize she didn't even get those. Sakurai really has it out for this game.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
This direct was...something else. A freaking Piranha-Plant. Thats so Sakurai and i think its both awesome and stupid at the same time. Looking Forward to it.
Yeah, mean, holy CRAP! First we have Chain Chomp in Mario Tennis, now Piranha Plant in Smash!

...I just realized: does this give hope to people who want Bandanna Waddle Dee?

PSIGuy PSIGuy

Easy there, buddy, there's still DLC. That's something to look forward to, right?

Yluma

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhatACreativeID
3DS FC
4854-7666-5145
Switch FC
5660-9773-7212
Or he saves all the XCX stuff for when Elma comes out... potentially simultaneously to an XCX port for the Switch or even XCX2. Elma should've at least been a spirit, and at least one XCX music track should be in.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Elma has a snowball's chance in the middle of the sun. We know her ballot popularity is non-existent. X's presence in Smash is the bare minimum. No-one liked X. And every argument you could make about her popularity is doubly true for hundreds of other characters

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Well, I do think she could be DLC, and X did got something, a Formula spirit. But not having Elma deconfirmed is at least a good thing, I mean, "good".

I stay by what I said, it is totally unforgivable to have such a lack of X content, even fatal Frame maiden of black water from wii u got more. If Elma is not DLC, I won't buy the game. They can continue to ingore X in hell.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Nope. The Xenoblade series got three new songs, all from 2. That's it. That's literally it.
Damn. I didn't want to believe what PSIGuy just said, but now of really looks like Sakurai doesn't care AT ALL for Xenoblade X. This is what I feared the most: Regardless of how we and even Monolith feels about X, it really looks like everyone is treating it like the unwanted stepchild of the Xenoblade series :(

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
They said that they had the DLC already assumedly as part of the project plan, which is why Rex was too new to get in.

That means that Elma has a chance to be DLC since she was in a prime spot at the time and still has everything else going for her. We also still do not know where the Vifram model went.

Do not give up hope!

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Elma has a snowball's chance in the middle of the sun. We know her ballot popularity is non-existent. X's presence in Smash is the bare minimum. No-one liked X. And every argument you could make about her popularity is doubly true for hundreds of other characters
Why are you here? Sounds like you're not a fan yourself and are just here to gloat.

Top Bottom