• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
To play the Devil's Advocate for a moment, Rodin did only end up becoming an Assist Trophy. That's something that I've seen other people bring up in regards to this argument in the past.
However, Bayonetta is a third-party franchise, and this part about Rodin is only one minor line, whereas Elma in XBC2 was quite in-your-face, down to her getting a reveal trailer.

. . .Speaking of Bayonetta, though, I could see Elma being a quite prominent part of her Classic Mode. I mean, her colour scheme is a perfect match for Jeanne, making her the perfect stand-in for one of these themed matches.
But Rodin is not a main character in Bayonetta in contrary of jeanne for example, that the difference with Elma.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
There's always the possibility the Nopon Sage's comments referred to just the crossover in XB2 and nothing else, though. And going by that Bayonetta comment it could mean she's an assist trophy as well.

Also, tomorrow's a Wednesday but I really doubt it'll be Xenoblade music. Probably another repeat, I'll guess Street Fighter or Sonic.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
There's always the possibility the Nopon Sage's comments referred to just the crossover in XB2 and nothing else, though. And going by that Bayonetta comment it could mean she's an assist trophy as well.
I mean, that's a possibility, sure. But why would the Nopon sage specifically exclude Rex, Fiora, KOS-MOS and T-elos in his comment if it was just about the XBC2 crossover? And as for the possibility of an Assist Trophy, it'd be pretty weird if they held back all the X content for just that. Especially when considering that (with the exception of Krystal) all new Assist Trophies in this game wouldn't really have made good playable fighters, anyway.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The lack of X content so far could just be a coincidence. Lots of series haven't had much focus yet, like the dozen or so that don't have a song on the website. There's no more withheld X content then there is withheld Kid Icarus content, for instance. They might just not be seen as important enough to be put up on the site or featured in a direct. If Sawano is indeed composing for Smash as his earlier project then we'll probably get a song of his before the game's out but that won't necessarily be XCX related either.

At least the rumours saying we're getting two directs mean we might see some new X content be showcased.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
The lack of X content so far could just be a coincidence. Lots of series haven't had much focus yet, like the dozen or so that don't have a song on the website. There's no more withheld X content then there is withheld Kid Icarus content, for instance. They might just not be seen as important enough to be put up on the site or featured in a direct. If Sawano is indeed composing for Smash as his earlier project then we'll probably get a song of his before the game's out but that won't necessarily be XCX related either.

At least the rumours saying we're getting two directs mean we might see some new X content be showcased.
It's the only Big Wii U game left released in almost the same month as Splatoon. When you read the Iwata Ask of Xenoblade X not only it was the biggest game of Monolith Soft (and still even with Xenoblade 2) but when Iwata said Aonuma has announced the delay of Breath of the wild , he said Xenoblade X was just behind this game in a result of a poll. Almost all WiiU games have been represented in Smash 4 and Ultimate aside #FE and Super Mario 3D world , it would be really weird if X the second biggest game after BOTW doesn't get at least a stage seeing wooly world has one , this would be like X is just the ugly duckling of nintendo.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion

The difference here being that Kid Icarus didn't actually have a new game in the time between Smash 4 and Ultimate. And hell, Xenoblade didn't have one new game, it had two! The series admittedly isn't even as high-profile as Fire Emblem (though with 2's reception it sure seems to be getting there. . .), but other things from the Wii U era have already been acknowledged in Ultimate, while X hasn't been acknowledged at all.

Plus, the series that didn't have a music update yet are really starting to thin out, but they already resorted to "recycling" series for songs, and that three times already (Fire Emblem, Mega Man, Castlevania).

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Here is a little list of new content from games that released after Smash For's project plan for every series featured:

-Super Mario: Odyssey stage, alts and music tracks.

-Donkey Kong: Nothing so far (but most likely because the focus before release was on King K. Rool, I'm certain we will have songs from Tropical Freeze).

-Zelda: BotW stage and Link, ALBW Zelda.

-Metroid: Meta Ridley is similar to [/spoiler] his Samus Returns appereance [/spoiler] but also there weren't new games because Samus Returns was in early development.

-Yoshi: Yoshi's New Island Remix

-Kirby: Nothing yet, but it could be tied to either Bandana Dee being in or the infamous Sakurai's bias towards his own Kirby games (but the series did get a new City Trial remix and Chef Kawasaki as an AT).

-Starfox: The designs are from Star Fox Zero.

-Pokémon: We have heard some remixes from Sun and Moon, and many of those Pokémons are now inside Poké Balls.

-Earthbound: Nothing so far, most likely due to lack of new games.

-F-Zero: A new remix from an old game because of lack of new titles.

-Ice Climbers: Nothing due to lack of new games.

-Fire Emblem: Fire Emblem Heroes remix.
-Game & Watch: Nothing due to lack of new games.

-Kid Icarus: The Staff item, but otherwise no new games.

-Wario: Game & Wario was already featured in Wii U, and WarioWare Gold was made too late in development (and it is more of a compilation rather than a new title) so no new games.

-Metal Gear: TP are a special case since they go with what is iconic rather than what's new, but there is a new Snake Eater remix.

-Sonic: See above (and we also know that it has some new songs).

-Pikmin: Pikmin 3 was already featured in Wii U, so no new games.

-ROB: Nothing to say.

-Animal Crossing: Isabelle is playable and there is an Happy Home Designer remix.

-MegaMan: See what I wrote about TP under Metal Gear, but it has several new remixes.

-Wii Fit: No new games but there is a new remix.

-Punch-Out: Nothing so far due to lack of new games.

-Mii: It's not really a series by itself but there is a new Tomodachi Life remix.

-Pac Man: See above about TP.

-Xenoblade: Nothing so far except Fiora in Shulk's FF when there have been 2 more games (XC2 was in early development when Ultimate was planned).

-Duck Hunt: No new games but there is a new remix.

-Street Fighter: See above about TP but there are new remixes.

-Final Fantasy: Nothing due to striking just to VII and licensing issues.

-Bayonetta: Bayonetta 2 was already featured but Rodin is a new AT.

-Splatoon: Besides all the new contents from the first game Lil'Judd from Splatoon 2 is on Mooray Towers.

-Castlevania: See above about TP but the Vampire Killer's design is based on the Combat Cross from the Lords of Shadow series, which to date are the latest Castlevania games.

So far every series has received new content from their latest entries, with the only exception being series with no new games (or too late in development), TP series due to "iconic over recent" and Donkey Kong most likely in order to promot King K. Rool.

Xenoblade (and to a lesser extent Kirby) are the only series with several new titles since Smash For that have yet to receive any new content from said games, and there has to be a reason for keeping it a secret, since when you include stuff from Happy Home Designer and Yoshi's New Island you can't just overlook a big title such as Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Oh ****. I have an exam in my class at 9:00 so I can't skip. Truly the worst timeline. Looks like I can't be on the internet that day.

Man, college is trying to get me to drop out with this class schedule. Press F to pay respects for me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh ****. I have an exam in my class at 9:00 so I can't skip. Truly the worst timeline. Looks like I can't be on the internet that day.

Man, college is trying to get me to drop out with this class schedule.
I'm just gonna sign out of everything on that day and wait until my classes are over, then get home avoid my sister so she doesn't spoil me and get on the internet and go directly to Nintendo's Direct website. Hopefully that'll help me avoid spoilers

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm just gonna sign out of everything on that day and wait until my classes are over, then get home avoid my sister so she doesn't spoil me and get on the internet and go directly to Nintendo's Direct website. Hopefully that'll help me avoid spoilers

Man, college is trying to get me to drop out with this class schedule. Press F to pay respects for me.
If you are interested I can just send a PM to you with the direct link to the Direct on YouTube, because sometimes the Direct site does spoil some things with its thumbnails. Just tell mw if you are interested.
For me it isn't at all a problem because November 1st is a national holiday in Italy, so I have all the day free.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you are interested I can just send a PM to you with the direct link to the Direct on YouTube, because sometimes the Direct site does spoil some things with its thumbnails. Just tell mw if you are interested.
For me it isn't at all a problem because November 1st is a national holiday in Italy, so I have all the day free.
Damn Italians always getting the best stuff :p

And yes could you please pm me the link on thursday? I would appreciate it very very very much! Thanks!

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
That would be great. If you could, I'd appreciate it!

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Figures, it's coming on a day that I actually have off work, but I'll be at my dealership waiting for my car to be fixed. Oh well, I can just turn on my data and watch from my phone. See you on the other side, BLADEs.

#Elma4Smash

Smash Cadet
Sakurai said on twitter that this is the last direct, so this is elma's last chance for base roster, PLEASE SAKURAI

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
About time! I think this direct will be remembered forever. Will it confirm the Grinch-Leak? What about the Box-Theory? Anyway depending on whats gonna happen im gonna stay faaaaaaaaaaar away from Smashboards as possible the following days.

Go our beloved Colonel Elma! We believe in you!

aarchak

Smash Ace
It's time. Will we see Elma? Will the Grinch leak be proven true? Find out on the next episode of Smash Ball Z!
Get hype.gif

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Sakurai said on twitter that this is the last direct, so this is elma's last chance for base roster, PLEASE SAKURAI
Mh, not quite. It's the last Direct exclusively focussed on the game pre-release. There still could be reveals at other events, such as a general Direct later next month.

D

Deleted member

Mh, not quite. It's the last Direct exclusively focussed on the game pre-release. There still could be reveals at other events, such as a general Direct later next month.
there's a good chance a character could be revealed at the Game Awards as well (though it'll probably be a high profile character- maybe Sora like Spawn Wave was hinting at?)

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Was going to say this too. Last smash direct, not necessarily last time we get smash info. In fact, if it was me, I would save something to show on the beginning of December as a final hype booster.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This is it.

I may seem like I'm buying into the Grinch leak to an extent but at the same time...I never gave up hope. She is my number one plausible most-wanted. I know I say "if not now, definitely DLC", but I am hoping against hope that our time is now.

D

Deleted member

can y'all imagine the salt that would spew out from the GS fanbase if Elma gets in but Isaac doesn't? It'll be like Smash 4 all over again lmao

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m listening to X music as much as I can at work to get hyped

Uncontrollable will probably undoubtedly play during the gameplay/post tag line part of her trailer but if any, what songs do you want before the tag line drops? CODENAMEZ? The Key We’ve Lost?

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Well, if Elma was in and a xenoblade x was actually on the work, despite what Takahashi said, I would expect both to be announced in December, as the anniversary of the game release (and also because the wind blows hard in December). But well, whatever, I just want she in smash, lol.

D

Deleted member

Uncontrollable will probably undoubtedly play during the gameplay/post tag line part of her trailer but if any, what songs do you want before the tag line drops? CODENAMEZ? The Key We’ve Lost?
This is gonna sound kinda weird, but I'm a big fan of Don't Worry so if I hear that or Uncontrollable at any point during the Direct I'm gonna flip the **** out

Calamitas

Smash Champion

The NLA theme, be it daytime or nighttime Black Tar maybe?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok so what may be discussed:
- Spirits and Online, for sure
- More ATs
- Ken and/or Incineroar AT A BARE MINIMUM. with 40 mins they may show several more with explanations if necessary. Elma is definitely one such character
- insiders are saying at least one of the characters on the banner is an AT, probably Mach Rider, Banjo, Isaac and/or Shadow (oof if true to the latter 2)
- might be a DLC tease at the end a la Mewtwo (expecting Rex/Pyra and/or Bandana Waddle Dee)

GreekGamer

Smash Rookie
Long time lurker and with the announcement for the final Direct before release, I made an account to show support for characters I want.

I didn't get Xenoblade X when it came out and it was on my list of games to play but I really liked the design of Elma and the clips that I saw with her in it. I bought XC2 and feel in love with it and was very excited when Elma was announced for DLC. After seeing the support for her on this thread, I ended up getting X and, even though I've just started it, really enjoy it.

Here's hoping Elma makes it in!

FireFury190

Smash Rookie
I pray that we get at least some Xenoblade X content shown off. The fact that we haven't makes me think it either confirms Elma as a playable character for the base game, or for whatever reason wanting to save it for her being DLC which I think is dumb, or just not represent Xenoblade X at all. Which is something I highly doubt Sakurai would do.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What if we somehow get an X track TONIGHT, two days before the direct? That would actually help her I’d think

Top Bottom