• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

#Elma4Smash

Smash Cadet
Well, I do think she could be DLC, and X did got something, a Formula spirit. But not having Elma deconfirmed is at least a good thing, I mean, "good".

I stay by what I said, it is totally unforgivable to have such a lack of X content, even fatal Frame maiden of black water from wii u got more. If Elma is not DLC, I won't buy the game. They can continue to ingore X in hell.
im trying to find the part in the video where there is the formula skell but i cant find it, do you remember when you saw it?

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
im trying to find the part in the video where there is the formula skell but i cant find it, do you remember when you saw it?
Don't remember where exactly, but not much time after he starts to talk about spirits, I will try to find it here.

KatKit

Smash Lord
There's no need to freak out, Xenoblade fans. You see, Elma dodged an assist trophy, mii costume, and spirit mode deconfirmation storm. That is a GOOD thing for her chances as a DLC character. The suspicious lack of music and X content in general is convenient as well. Her game's timing and her rising popularity helps her case, too. Rex may have been deconfirmed for now, but he still is integrated into the game in some capacity. He may not be playable, but at least you have something. That's neat. With that being said, we need to band together in solidarity, Xenoblade fans. Join the Elma bandwagon because she has a shot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

all my most wanteds except for elma ****ing die- the direct

Rex/Pyra cucked
Midna cucked
Skull Kid cucked
Elma lives

Last edited by a moderator:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Why are you here? Sounds like you're not a fan yourself and are just here to gloat.
I've put 600 hours into XCX. I unlocked every achievement, even the really obtuse ones like 100 Telethia kills and a Nemesis kill. I own the art book and the Formula skell model. XCX is my favorite game of the last generation. If you want pictures I'll provide them. You can recruit my mim right now if you don't believe me. Raygun/Mastermind level 60 named Titania.

I'm not gloating. Far from it. I'm just tired of being hopeful when it's clear X is unloved. From everyone except us.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Im so done with this fanbase....(the Smash-fanbase excluding the guys/ girls in this thread)

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Genuinely believe that with DLC confirmed to be package sets of fighter/stage/music Elma has a massive shot to be one of the DLC. Since DLC was part of the project plan as well then nothing associated with DLC characters would be in the base game. We've seen good shots of the XB music list and there's no XCX. Elma is still living AND has timing on her side AND has nothing that would be part of her package already showing up.

D

Deleted member

Genuinely believe that with DLC confirmed to be package sets of fighter/stage/music Elma has a massive shot to be one of the DLC. Since DLC was part of the project plan as well then nothing associated with DLC characters would be in the base game. We've seen good shots of the XB music list and there's no XCX. Elma is still living AND has timing on her side AND has nothing that would be part of her package already showing up.
I hope she's the first one... :(

D

Deleted member

hey though at least we got pirahna plant

seriously I'm not salty but this is 100% the most WTF character of all WTF characters

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Well, since we believe Verus or Ares would be her final smash, having a spirit formula don't ruin this, I think...

FireFury190

Smash Rookie
Yeah I hope Elma is part of the fighter pack. Whether she'd be one of the first ones revealed though is a different story. And how long it would take to reveal a DLC character.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm not salty about anything we did get but I am sad we didn't get an Elma mii outfit. I'm happy about Chibi Robo, about the characters confirmed (even Pirahna Plant - I adore silly choices and it helped my roommate who is going through a rough time cheer up). I hope some of the music at least is from X...

Plus, hey, they talked about wanting Rex in hence the Mii costume...maybe Rie's predictions of a dual trailer will come true.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Was not custom robo trademark canceled? MK ray is a costume. Even a ****ing lost brand got in, there is not a single excuse to give X just a damn sticker.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'm not salty about anything we did get but I am sad we didn't get an Elma mii outfit. I'm happy about Chibi Robo, about the characters confirmed (even Pirahna Plant - I adore silly choices and it helped my roommate who is going through a rough time cheer up). I hope some of the music at least is from X...

Plus, hey, they talked about wanting Rex in hence the Mii costume...maybe Rie's predictions of a dual trailer will come true.
Preach it, brutha!

Also, just because there’s a Rex Mii Costume in this game doesn’t mean he won’t be DLC. For all we know, this pack won’t include only 5, perhaps there’ll be more. Also, if Chrom, King K. Rool and Isabelle can make it in after having Mii Costumes, why not Rex?

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
Well, since we believe Verus or Ares would be her final smash, having a spirit formula don't ruin this, I think...
I haven't confirmed this myself, but someone said Kirby and WFT were seen as spirits, which suggests being in Spirits isn't necessarily a deconfirmation.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I haven't confirmed this myself, but someone said Kirby and WFT were seen as spirits, which suggests being in Spirits isn't necessarily a deconfirmation.
Wait, really? Lemme know when you find it, then!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Preach it, brutha!

Also, just because there’s a Rex Mii Costume in this game doesn’t mean he won’t be DLC. For all we know, this pack won’t include only 5, perhaps there’ll be more. Also, if Chrom, King K. Rool and Isabelle can make it in after having Mii Costumes, why not Rex?
Those three were promoted from Mii costumes to fighters after a whole game though. Not in DLC

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm
Well, part of me is relieved I didn’t see any Elma in the direct.
Another part of me is cautious to believe Elma is going to be DLC...
While I really hope this is the case, I’m not quite sure yet...but I’ll remain optimistic but not get my hopes up

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Glad to see at least one of my supported characters are safe.

For those wondering about that "Skell" is it this one:

1541099889870.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly though... who are they even gonna choose for DLC?
Banjo? Geno? There's no way Geno will be in considering SE didn't even let Cloud be in the adventure mode opening trailer... lol. Elma at this point seems like one of the more likely options. Maybe Rex if that wasn't a hard deconfirm

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Just now I got it, that Rex costume is not in the base game, it comes when you buy the expansion.

Really sounds like a hard deconfirm to Rex.

Yeah, I also saw a guy saying K.roll has a spirit, so maybe formula is not out of question.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Wait, did I hear the Direct right? That Rex didn't get in because his game didn't release in time to be considered?
Idk guys. That bodes really well for Elma

I mean, Shadow, Skull Kid, Isaac, among my most wanted, all got brutally murdered on this Direct lmao
but Elma still lives!!!! And now with no Rex, Elma is definitely the frontrunner, with her only "competition" being Lora+Jin, but her case would be even worse than Rex
Plus, the weird lack of Xenoblade X content, with even 2 having more. Could it be they're holding it for the Elma DLC pack????

idk guys. There's hope!!!!

D

Deleted member

Wait, did I hear the Direct right? That Rex didn't get in because his game didn't release in time to be considered?
Idk guys. That bodes really well for Elma

I mean, Shadow, Skull Kid, Isaac, among my most wanted, all got brutally murdered on this Direct lmao
but Elma still lives!!!! And now with no Rex, Elma is definitely the frontrunner, with her only "competition" being Lora+Jin, but her case would be even worse than Rex
Plus, the weird lack of Xenoblade X content, with even 2 having more. Could it be they're holding it for the Elma DLC pack????

idk guys. There's hope!!!!
It seems like the DLC was being developed alongside the project plan yeah. Still feels bad that Rex is dead tho :( he was my most wanted. I suppose he'll get his chance another day

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Don't lose hope everyone.
I think it's pretty clear to everyone that Xenoblade needs another rep. And Rex and Pyra are deconfirmed now. There was no new Xenoblade stage either, no XCX music and Elma is not a mii costume, assist trophy or even spirit apparently. And seeing all the spirits, I'm pretty sure Elma would've been among them as well. She's popular enough for that. So I'm pretty sure she will be DLC along with an XCX stage and some of its awesome music.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Ken's pose matches the Grinch leak. But it's been fun guys, maybe we can K Rool Elma into the next one.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm gonna remain sceptical about the "DLC was developed alongside the project plan" thing. That sounds like the sort of statement that could easily be misunderstood and would require either Sakurai or Source Gaming clarifying things. I mean, I'd absolutely love for it to be true, but I don't want to get my hopes up just yet.

That said, here's the one (1) thing from X we got in the entire Direct.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Ken's pose matches the Grinch leak. But it's been fun guys, maybe we can K Rool Elma into the next one.
The Grinch did not have Incineroar. That fake simply got the pose correct, which isn't hard when one considers that Ken's shoryuken is his signature move.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Woah, hey, what's with all the gloom and doom in this thread? I'm honestly feeling really good about Elma's DLC chances. Between the lack of X content, which they could be saving for a potential reveal, and the fact that some of her biggest competition (Rex, Spring Man, Isaac, etc.) is out of the way, the pieces are in place for the colonel to Sliding Slinger her way in.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Actually it doesn't, Ken lacks the huge amount of fire in the Grinch leak. Plus Grinch is deader than dead considering Shadow and Isaac are ATs and it doesn't show Incineroar or Piranha at all

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Woah, hey, what's with all the gloom and doom in this thread? I'm honestly feeling really good about Elma's DLC chances. Between the lack of X content, which they could be saving for a potential reveal, and the fact that some of her biggest competition (Rex, Spring Man, Isaac, etc.) is out of the way, the pieces are in place for the colonel to Sliding Slinger her way in.
Honestly, I also have cautious optimism now about Elma. It's definitely worth raising an eyebrow or two over that one of the Wii U's most celebrated exclusives is so mysteriously absent...from the music area, particularly.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I just had a thought: what if the Fighter Pass pulls a Xenoblade 2 Season Pass on us, and the five fighters shown in the Direct are just Wave 1?

For context: in Xenoblade 2's Season Pass, it included item packs, extra quests and new Blades that we all thought would all be just one and done, but with each update, new quest packs, new item packs and new blades were added to the game. I'm thinking that maybe the Fighter Pass would have this?

Top Bottom