• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Going that far, to have just a Skell AT would be disappointing. I mean, if it was going to be this, why not show together with the other assist trophies, back when they presented a whole segment on a past presentation just for AT.

Holding it to the last smash direct. Newcomer or riot.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Newcomer or riot
I'll start piling up the pitchforks and torches. I won't get my hopes up but I'll sure as hell complain with the rest of you if/when X gets shafted.

I do wonder what the chances of something XCX related being in the rumored non-Smash direct this month are, though. Takahashi pulling a cheeky "well I did say porting it would be hard and expensive, which is why we started on it last year" would make my month.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly though don't lose hope if the Grinch is real! It increases the chances of a dual Xenoblade reveal since Rex and Elma would no longer have to compete with characters like Banjo, Isaac, Geno, etc. Honestly Isaac imo is the real Xenoblade killer considering that he's also from a niche jrpg that still has a sizeable fanbase

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
Honestly though don't lose hope if the Grinch is real! It increases the chances of a dual Xenoblade reveal since Rex and Elma would no longer have to compete with characters like Banjo, Isaac, Geno, etc. Honestly Isaac imo is the real Xenoblade killer considering that he's also from a niche jrpg that still has a sizeable fanbase
Something to note, Vergeben recently said Isaac is an Assist Trophy and that the Grinch Leak is fake.

If true, it matches what many insiders have been saying about some characters from the leak being in with atleast one of them being an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Something to note, Vergeben recently said Isaac is an Assist Trophy and that the Grinch Leak is fake.

If true, it matches what many insiders have been saying about some characters from the leak being in with atleast one of them being an Assist Trophy.
Although Vergeben has been acting weird for a while imagine if Isaac is an AT, especially after this leak. Holy **** the salt

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
Although Vergeben has been acting weird for a while imagine if Isaac is an AT, especially after this leak. Holy **** the salt
They'd best be prepared for that then, since the Isaac as an AT thing is looking very likely right now.

Which is unfortunate for them. I'm not an Isaac fan, but he's cool and his fans have wanted him for a long time. I'd rather have him in than not.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
I wanted Isaac in too, but the absolute priority is Elma. So yeah, hope Vergeben is right once again just for the grinch leak being fake.

On the same reasoning as Elma, why hold it until know if Isaac is just a AT, are they wanting to piss people on purpose? If he is a AT, should have been shown together with Asheley and cia.

But back to Elma, seriously, a Skell AT only, would suck hard, but having it and having Elma would be great. But then, would Elma final smash still be a Skell?

D

Deleted member

managed to get this screenshot in XC2

Elma is waaaayyyy too hyped for this Direct even her hair is excited lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400

Oh really Vergeben said something about the Grinch-Leak? I totally missed that. Was there anything else he said?

managed to get this screenshot in XC2

Elma is waaaayyyy too hyped for this Direct even her hair is excited lol
Elma: "And this is to go even further beyond!" *turns into super saiyan blue*

D

Deleted member

Oh really Vergeben said something about the Grinch-Leak? I totally missed that. Was there anything else he said?

"So this is the power of Ultra Overdrive?"

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
Here's Vergeben's quote from Gamefaqs: "The Grinch Leak is false. Isaac is an Assist Trophy."

He had mentioned the leak didn't match what his sources said based off Incineroar missing and Isaac being an AT.

Emily Rogers from Resetera said, "Just to be clear: the entire Grinch banner is just straight up fiction/fake.

The banner is missing multiple characters.
There's characters on the banner that shouldn't be there at all.
The banner also confuses assist trophies for playable characters."

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

"The time has come
Wir hören tick tack
Die Uhr tickt
Die Reise in die Zukunft
Tick tack, die Uhr tickt
The time has come
Wir hören tick tack
Die Uhr tickt
In leichtem Licht fliegen wir zu dir"

"The time has come
We hear tick tock
The clock is ticking
The journey into the future
Tick tock, the clock is ticking
The time has come
We hear tick tock
The clock is ticking

In gentle light we are flying towards you"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"The time has come
Wir hören tick tack
Die Uhr tickt
Die Reise in die Zukunft
Tick tack, die Uhr tickt
The time has come
Wir hören tick tack
Die Uhr tickt

"The time has come
We hear tick tock
The clock is ticking
The time has come
We hear tick tock
The clock is ticking

E L M A
T I M E

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

"The time has come
Wir hören tick tack
Die Uhr tickt
Die Reise in die Zukunft
Tick tack, die Uhr tickt
The time has come
Wir hören tick tack
Die Uhr tickt

"The time has come
We hear tick tock
The clock is ticking
The time has come
We hear tick tock
The clock is ticking

Let's put an end to this! Engaging overdrive ElmaDrive!

D

Deleted member

Let's put an end to this! Engaging overdrive ElmaDrive!
Now that I think about it, a sick final Smash could be Overdrive. It would work kinda like Bayonetta's final smash and also like how OD works in XC2 where once you activate it a counter appears on the bottom of the screen. Every normal attack that hits an opponent adds a little, tilts add a bit more, smash's add a lot, and specials add a whole lot. The larger the counter, the faster and stronger Elma is and when it reaches MAX her Skell shows up and she blasts the **** outta the stage

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Now that I think about it, a sick final Smash could be Overdrive. It would work kinda like Bayonetta's final smash and also like how OD works in XC2 where once you activate it a counter appears on the bottom of the screen. Every normal attack adds a little, tilts add a bit more, smash's add a lot, and specials add a whole lot. The larger the counter, the faster and stronger Elma is and when it reaches MAX her Skell shows up and she blasts the **** outta the stage
Omg I need this so badly

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Why'd she need to go Super Saiyan Blue if she's already in permanent Ultra Instinct?

Now that I think about it, a sick final Smash could be Overdrive. It would work kinda like Bayonetta's final smash and also like how OD works in XC2 where once you activate it a counter appears on the bottom of the screen. Every normal attack that hits an opponent adds a little, tilts add a bit more, smash's add a lot, and specials add a whole lot. The larger the counter, the faster and stronger Elma is and when it reaches MAX her Skell shows up and she blasts the **** outta the stage
Cool as that sounds, I hope that that's not what her Final Smash ends up being. I'm just too consistently rubbish at using Bayonetta's Final Smash to find the idea of this appealing, lol.

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
I'm so nervous about the Direct. It's been a hard time after the Grinch leak and all the Vergeben rumours, but I still have hope that Elma can be one of the remaining newcomers

If Elma isn't announced tomorrow I just hope she isn't an Assist Trophy so she can still be DLC

I don't believe the Grinch leak and I think there will be surprises in the Direct. I'm praying Elma is one of the no leaked surprises, I need her in the roster...

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Don't worry about tomorrow, everyone. Just remember:

HopeForElma.png

Elma has Hope.

I'll see myself out now.

Fun fact, Hope is voiced by the second voice actress of Lucina!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyone know if Tetsuya Takahashi, Hiroyuki Sawano or Soraya Saga retweeted the direct tweet yet?

KatKit

Smash Lord
The news drought was killing me like a week ago, now I'm not emotionally ready for a Direct. I'm excited, nervous, and just not ready for closure I guess. The DLC hype/speculation train is going to be an entirely different beast. Regardless, I'm not going to stop supporting Xenoblade, especially Elma.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well then, I think now is as good a time as any to bring these image here back, even if it has been just a few days and pages since I posted them. Just so that we can all remind ourselves of what Elma has going for her.

So, first of, as a series of images:

And here it is as a one hecking big image, that is even too big to properly upload on Smash Boards' servers.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I wanted Isaac in too, but the absolute priority is Elma. So yeah, hope Vergeben is right once again just for the grinch leak being fake.

On the same reasoning as Elma, why hold it until know if Isaac is just a AT, are they wanting to piss people on purpose? If he is a AT, should have been shown together with Asheley and cia.

But back to Elma, seriously, a Skell AT only, would suck hard, but having it and having Elma would be great. But then, would Elma final smash still be a Skell?
I don't think Sakurai knows that characters being relegated to assist trophies and mii costumes pisses people off.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I could accept Elma as an assist trophy- but the endless heckling and jeering from people who feel vindicated that "X is just a spin-off, trash game, good riddance" is another thing entirely. No one starts **** over Alucard or Zero being assist trophies; no-one has bones to pick over whether they're good characters from good games. Sakurai's own biases towards XB1/2 certainly don't help.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Where are these people saying Elma is "trash and doesn't deserve a spot" coming from...? Maybe I just automatically ignore hate speech...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Alright guys and gals. Lets combine all support together as one and hope that our gal Elma makes it in tomorrow. Keep that hope up and root for her!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Good luck everyone! At this point there's been so many twists and turns I don't know what to believe, so I honestly don't know where I am in my thoughts about whether Elma can get in....but here's hoping!

D

Deleted member

You guys, just remember; if Elma isn't in she still has a decent shot at DLC. Especially if Grinch leak is real and all the super popular characters are already announced she'll have less competition and can hopefully be revealed alongside Rex/Pyra. Rex/Pyra seems like the more likely of the two to be DLC but you still shouldn't lose hope! Besides (hopefully) Elma, what Xenoblade stuff do you hope is shown off today?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
You guys, just remember; if Elma isn't in she still has a decent shot at DLC. Especially if Grinch leak is real and all the super popular characters are already announced she'll have less competition and can hopefully be revealed alongside Rex/Pyra. Rex/Pyra seems like the more likely of the two to be DLC but you still shouldn't lose hope! Besides (hopefully) Elma, what Xenoblade stuff do you hope is shown off today?
A stage! I'd love NLA. And music, lots of it, but especially Black Tar and Ma-Non Ship Day.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Of course we need Uncontrollable. But preferrably with Elma as a playable character.

aarchak

Smash Ace
I've been waiting for this day.png
The direct is in an hour, my anxiety is only amplified by the fact I can't watch it live.

Last edited:
Top Bottom