• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
I've encountered Lin, Lao and Tatsu. Elma and Formula continue to evade me. On their battle page it just said "From the Xenoblade Chronicles series" instead of "From Xenoblade Chronicles X", and I know they list singular games when it's appropriate. And considering some of the games included (Archaic Sealed Heat? Make 10: A Journey of Numbers? Looksley's Line Up?) it's bizarre they couldn't add a single text line for Xenoblade Chronicles X, especially when it includes 5 spirits and the games I listed have one each.
Heads up, you get Elma from Challenges.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Interesting. I'll keep any eye open for that for when I actually encounter an X Spirit in battle.
Speaking of which, has someone actually found any of them yet? So far I got Fiora, Reyn and Mòrag, but absolutely no one from X.
I did, I got Lin. She is labelled as part of the "Xenoblade Chrinicles series" and has the Monado symbol behind her. I suppose the same goes for the rest of the X spirits.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah actually:

View attachment 182163
View attachment 182164

I don’t know about you, but this is what made me hopeful for Elma. The fact that they only mentioned Shulk and Elma, and how Nia gave an unanswered question that wasn’t necessary is what give me hopes that they could’ve been teasing Elma in Smash DLC, they referenced Smash before after all, even recently with Mythra’s Censored Outfit. (Also “Everyone” like, Everyone is here?)

Plus, it seems that Elma is a lot more popular than we thought. Despite Elma being added later, she still got a ton of dialogue between the characters, her own boss battle, and even some added lore into how they got here and how Nopon is just a Xenoblade fanboy (our true hero). And when she was revealed, she got a recent resurgence in popularity with the Elma being the popular topic on Twitter that day.

I’m not counting Elma out, it seems like she would be a great character for DLC.
I really want Elma too, but couldn't that unanswered question just be Nia being the sarcastic ass that she is? Like the way it's worded makes me think that she's making fun of th Archsage for essentially being some loset fanboy who lives by himself and uses his magic to make situations only he really cares about happen. It could be a reference to Smash, however. That's the best timeline.

What character is used for Lao? Dark Pit? Chrom?
Chrom with a gun iirc

Last edited by a moderator:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
What character is used for Lao? Dark Pit? Chrom?
It's Snake with a Staff. 1*, grappler-type.

Heads up, you get Elma from Challenges.
Cheers. Finally unlocked her. I levelled her to 99 immediately and even made a custom team with her as the main and Lin and Tatsu as the supports and named it Team Elma. ...I'll be covered if I ever need to fight with and against energy shots, I guess. Now I need to make some more Miis and create a Mii Fighter to go with it. The Lloyd outft worked pretty well thanks to the red color scheme and two swords on it but I guess I'll need to come up with something different now.

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
I really want Elma too, but couldn't that unanswered question just be Nia being the sarcastic *** that she is? Like the way it's worded makes me think that she's making fun of th Archsage for essentially being some loset fanboy who lives by himself and uses his magic to make situations only he really cares about happen. It could be a reference to Smash, however. That's the best timeline.
If that is NOT a reference to Super Smash Bros but Mythra's new costume somehow is simultaneously, I'll eat a pillow.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I really want Elma too, but couldn't that unanswered question just be Nia being the sarcastic *** that she is? Like the way it's worded makes me think that she's making fun of th Archsage for essentially being some loset fanboy who lives by himself and uses his magic to make situations only he really cares about happen. It could be a reference to Smash, however. That's the best timeline.

Chrom with a gun iirc
IIRC didn't the sub quest where Elma would give an insight of her character end with her wondering about the Sage Nopon words and if there was "more to it"?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
IIRC didn't the sub quest where Elma would give an insight of her character end with her wondering about the Sage Nopon words and if there was "more to it"?
I’m back at it again...
47832952-328B-4AAB-B3B4-C476322E883F.jpeg

5BD7565A-86A4-47FA-AB47-6232C9F95AAB.jpeg

6A2555D5-ECE1-4E09-BD3D-25E02D7AEEC5.jpeg

It’s a bit of a different scenario, they were talking about teamwork rather than Elma’s backstory in this part. But there are a couple of noticeable moments like these in Elma’s expansion that end up unanswered. In this one Elma says “Nevermind” at the end.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I’m back at it again...
View attachment 182333
View attachment 182335
View attachment 182334
It’s a bit of a different scenario, they were talking about teamwork rather than Elma’s backstory in this part. But there are a couple of noticeable moments like these in Elma’s expansion that end up unanswered. In this one Elma says “Nevermind” at the end.
Yeah, there are way too many things left up in the air with those dialogues.
They are planning something, whenever that is Elma in Smash or X2 is what we will have to see.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So guys, I found out that there was a leak recently, this one in particular predicted Joker as one of the DLC characters, but it's the rest that can be disheartening:

He says that the Square-Enix character is either Krono from Chrono Trigger or Neku from TWEWY. He also says that Banjo-Kazooie is also a DLC character. These are the two other third-parties he believes are in the pack. As for first parties: Edelgard from FE: Three Houses and Sylux from Metroid Prime: Hunters. The former I'm sure would face backlash since she's an FE character, but not to a grand degree since she mainly uses axes as opposed to swords. Sylux, if he's in Metroid Prime 4 would make sense, but otherwise I'm not sure of it. So he's saying no Elma. Now take this with some salt here: either he actually knew that Joker was gonna be a DLC character or that was just a lucky guess on his part. Hopefully it's the latter, but I'm happy with the base roster, Piranha Plant and Joker so far.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
"Leakers" are jokes. The majority are not serious. Vergeben was the most important, but even him can be wrong. Be causious with "leaks"

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice
GolisoPower GolisoPower I'm not going to believe that. I don't see Sakurai choosing Edelgard after receiving backlash for Corrin and worrying that he was adding too many FE characters. I also think she's too recent and less interesting in terms of moveset potential than Corrin. And adding a third new Metroid character who's less important than the other two? I don't know. This person is probably just guessing at Sylux because there isn't a spirit of him.

D

Deleted member

So guys, I found out that there was a leak recently, this one in particular predicted Joker as one of the DLC characters, but it's the rest that can be disheartening:

He says that the Square-Enix character is either Krono from Chrono Trigger or Neku from TWEWY. He also says that Banjo-Kazooie is also a DLC character. These are the two other third-parties he believes are in the pack. As for first parties: Edelgard from FE: Three Houses and Sylux from Metroid Prime: Hunters. The former I'm sure would face backlash since she's an FE character, but not to a grand degree since she mainly uses axes as opposed to swords. Sylux, if he's in Metroid Prime 4 would make sense, but otherwise I'm not sure of it. So he's saying no Elma. Now take this with some salt here: either he actually knew that Joker was gonna be a DLC character or that was just a lucky guess on his part. Hopefully it's the latter, but I'm happy with the base roster, Piranha Plant and Joker so far.
There's no ****ing way Edelgaurd from a game THAT DIDN'T COME OUT YET is in if Rex is too new and his game came out late 2017

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Fake. And it’s a shame cause Neku is literally my most wanted second Square Enix Rep.

If we didn’t get Rex or Spring Man as playable we probably won’t get anyone from 3 Houses either, and some part of me always doubts anything with Banjo and Kazooie, like it’s tripping a red flag saying “this is too good to be true”

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
TBH I'm not beliving any leak with Edelgard until I see she confirmed. She seems like a very obvius choice for many but they forget:
-Rex couldn't make it apparently because he was too late.
-Sakurai has already expressed that he too feals that there are too many FE characters when adding Corrin, and since then he added Chrom too.
-Unlike Edelgard, Corrin's game was already avaiable for almost a year when his DLC came out in Japan, so he was a litteral who just in the West.
-Edelgard isn't the main character. There is another Avatar character that appears to be the actual main cbaracter just like how Robin and Corrin were. Edelgard is one of the three other lords that are the main character' "students", but people only remember her because she is "waifu material".

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Yeah, no. There's no way that Edelgard is happening. Based on what we've seen from Three Houses so far, she doesn't even seem to be the main protagonist, and it's not even confirmed if she's a protagonist at all. Everyone just latched on to her because she can apparently use axes, but if anything, the more likely character from Three Houses would. . . Byleth I think their name was? And that's if we get a new Fire Emblem character to begin with.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, just to add on to what everyone else said, just because a leak got one character right doesn't mean it's real. It could've just been a lucky guess. I guessed that Isabelle would be in before her reveal. Doesn't mean that I had inside info

RandomAce

Smash Champion
-Edelgard isn't the main character. There is another Avatar character that appears to be the actual main cbaracter just like how Robin and Corrin were. Edelgard is one of the three other lords that are the main character' "students", but people only remember her because she is "waifu material".
Robin isn’t the main character, and he was chosen over Chrom because of how unique Robin was. Same thing with Corrin with his Dragon abilities, with the exception that he was the protagonist this time.

So Edelgard being in over Byleth is still a possibility if Edelgard can bring something new and unique over Byleth. Edelgard seems to be able to use Axes and Magic, so she seems to have an edge with two things not a lot of characters have, not to mention that she seems to be the one with the most input out of the three students. But I do agree with need to see some more footage of Edelgard before we know she’s someone the team may want to work on.

Anyways, focusing back to Elma. With all the things she had going for her, do you think she was the character that was possibly cut?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)
Robin isn’t the main character, and he was chosen over Chrom because of how unique Robin was. Same thing with Corrin with his Dragon abilities, with the exception that he was the protagonist this time.

So Edelgard being in over Byleth is still a possibility if Edelgard can bring something new and unique over Byleth. Edelgard seems to be able to use Axes and Magic, so she seems to have an edge with two things not a lot of characters have, not to mention that she seems to be the one with the most input out of the three students. But I do agree with need to see some more footage of Edelgard before we know she’s someone the team may want to work on.

Anyways, I don’t want to this to derail into a FE: Three Houses statement, and go back to Elma. With all the she had going for her, do you think she was the character that was possibly cut?
Even though I don't wanna believe it, if any character was suddenly cut it was probably Elma due to "relevancy" or something. Though I don't really think she was cut honestly

Goddamn X's soundtrack would fit this game perfectly

Imagine EVO 2020 grand finals, someone counterpicks to Elma's stage, this is the tiebreaker, and Uncontrollable starts playing. I would love that so much

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I still can't believe we don't have any X tracks. More than that the xenoblade franchise in general is poor in term of musics in smash.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Anyways, focusing back to Elma. With all the things she had going for her, do you think she was the character that was possibly cut?
Robin kinda is on par woth Chrom and Lucina as Awekening's main character, and Corrin is indeed the main character of Fates. The whole game is based aroubd their choice, for crying out loud.
Also people like to point towards the axe as an amazing new weapon, but if she swings it like a sword than it is just a visual difference, and we already have Robin who combines sword and magic, while we don't know how much the new MU character can be customize. If he really is a teacher of some sorts he could potentially use all the various weapons in a single moveset, making him still the best choice.

About Elma, I haven't really followed the debate about the cut character so I don't know the evidence for it, but I wpuld say that she might potentially be the one.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Sakurai said no one was cut from the project plan.

The Pirahna Plant is probably going to fill that slot.

I dunno, I just trust Sakurai, I guess. He's usually pretty forthcoming about considered, cut, and rejected characters.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650

She can't. Blyeth seems to be able to use everything under the sun if he has to train 3 characters with differant weapons each.
Yeah, there are way too many things left up in the air with those dialogues.
They are planning something, whenever that is Elma in Smash or X2 is what we will have to see.
What about Project X Zone 3?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
She can't. Blyeth seems to be able to use everything under the sun if he has to train 3 characters with differant weapons each.

What about Project X Zone 3?
YES

Throw in Lin as her partner, Rex & Pyra, Corrin & Azura, Alm & Celica, Shulk, and Bayonetta along with keeping Fiora, Chrom, Lucina, Phoenix & Maya, Segata Sanshiro, and bringing Frank West back and it’d be the best thing everrrrrr

(Maybe throw in a Pit & Palutena duo too...)

Last edited:

#Elma4Smash

Smash Cadet
In case anyone still needs elma's spirit, if you awaken 50 fighters in world of light you get her as a reward for completing the challenge

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Imagine EVO 2020 grand finals, someone counterpicks to Elma's stage, this is the tiebreaker, and Uncontrollable starts playing. I would love that so much
That's actually something that I've been thinking about myself recently, lol. 'Course, chances for that would be higher if an X stage was actually legal to begin with.

In case anyone still needs elma's spirit, if you awaken 50 fighters in world of light you get her as a reward for completing the challenge
Huh, could've sworn that I had that by now. Well, guess I got another reason to continue playing now.
Speaking of WoL though, has anyone actually found any X Spirits in the map yet? I'm in the second part of the mode right now, and I have yet to see a single one.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
How Ironic considering Elma should be one of the Spirits with a Awakened form.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'm a bit upset that she doesn't show up on the Spirits Board since I wanted to "fight" her. We know she has a fight too. Hopefully they add a way to replay any spirits fight you want.

Selenite

Smash Cadet
Bringing some more hope over here, some people used to belive that Spirits deconfirm characters because each fighter would use an artwork from their original game as the reward for completing Classic Mode with them, therefore if their artwork was already in the game it couldn't be used for a Fighter Spirit.
Well Wii Fit Trainer Fighter Spirit is just her Ultimate Render, so the same could be applied to characters such as Elma.
View attachment 182144

(pardon the potato camera, it was the only one easely avaiable to me).
Well, yes. The game has indicated they would use their Smash appearance.

This is ignoring that Elma has more than one artwork to use.

#Elma4Smash

Smash Cadet
I'm a bit upset that she doesn't show up on the Spirits Board since I wanted to "fight" her. We know she has a fight too. Hopefully they add a way to replay any spirits fight you want.
Actually she does show up there too. Every spirit can be obtained multiple times since you can dismiss them for cores, if you werent able to obtain them again you would lose them for ever

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
YES

Throw in Lin as her partner, Rex & Pyra, Corrin & Azura, Alm & Celica, Shulk, and Bayonetta along with keeping Fiora, Chrom, Lucina, Phoenix & Maya, Segata Sanshiro, and bringing Frank West back and it’d be the best thing everrrrrr

(Maybe throw in a Pit & Palutena duo too...)
I just wanna see who Nintendo would use, cause this would be the best chance to use characters we don't see in Smash.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
So in the Rex thread people pointed out something interesting:
Among the possible avatars for the online Rex is absent even tho Pyra and Mythra are avaiable in that selection. They also noticed that all playable characters have just their Ultimate render and there also aren't any repeats (the only exception are other non playable version of Zelda characters, like BotW Zelda and Zelda 1 Link).

You know who else is missing from that list even tho she has a Spirit in the game? Elma.

What do you think about this?
Personally I don't give much faith in this, but at least it isn't against our Colonel.

Last edited:

Mistaros

Smash Cadet
Honestly I will not look too much into it too.
After all the hints for the inclusion of elma in smash, I think speculation is useless.

Sakurai is unpredictable, that's the only rule.
But still hoping !

D

Deleted member

Among the possible avatars for the online Rex is absent even tho Pyra and Mythra are avaiable in that selection. They also noticed that all playable characters have just their Ultimate render and there also aren't any repeats (the only exception are other non playable version of Zelda characters, like BotW Zelda and Zelda 1 Link).

You know who else is missing from that list even tho she has a Spirit in the game? Elma.

Personally I don't give much faith in this, but at least it isn't against our Colonel.
IMO lack of/presence of an icon is even less damning then a Spirit. And lack of/presence of a Spirit is waaaaay less damning then a lack of/presence of music.

Basically, Spirits don't matter, and icons matter even less then Spirits, so icons aren't at just 0 matter. They're at -10 matter.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, not buying the leak.

1) It turns out that negotiating with SE is a labyrinth for wanting anything from them, so Neku and Chrono are out.
2) Characters that debuted beyond at least 2016 aren't being considered, so why would Edelgard be? Also FE additions are dialed down with Chrom this time.

Hell, with the talks of leaker bait spread around to mislead them, I'm not even sure about leaks anymore.

I just wanna see who Nintendo would use, cause this would be the best chance to use characters we don't see in Smash.
Honestly I will not look too much into it too.
After all the hints for the inclusion of elma in smash, I think speculation is useless.

Sakurai is unpredictable, that's the only rule.
But still hoping !
Yeah, even if Elma isn't playable, I figure Nintendo would still want a cut of the profit, so at least two first parties would be reasonable. Can't get that from :ultpiranha: until his free deal runs out.

People should stop worrying about DLC and enjoy the game. Time will fly before you know it.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Eh, I am playing the game. I just wish we could get at least a free update where we can jam to Xenoblade X music. That is the least I can ask for.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

Well Rex is not popular as a character, while Pyra and Mythra are at this point one of the most popular Xenoblade characters there are in Japan. Don't forget that those 2 got an official statue announced from Goodsmile, when XB2 just released, while Xenoblade merchandise was non existant before 2 released (Mythra's statue also sold out instantly I hear to).

The only reason the majority of people support Rex, is that he is the main character, but i'm confident the majority supports him to get Pyra/Mythra repped, but not for Rex himself.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Well Rex is not popular as a character, while Pyra and Mythra are at this point one of the most popular Xenoblade characters there are in Japan. Don't forget that those 2 got an official statue announced from Goodsmile, when XB2 just released, while Xenoblade merchandise was non existant before 2 released (Mythra's statue also sold out instantly I hear to).

The only reason the majority of people support Rex, is that he is the main character, but i'm confident the majority supports him to get Pyra/Mythra repped, but not for Rex himself.
Clearly this means that Addam and Mythra are the superior XC2 rep that will please the most fans. Totally.

Anyone but Rex I'm begging you Nintendo

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All the people I know who support Rex just want a XC2 rep/Pyra of Mythra and he's just the easiest character to rally behind

i kinda want rex because i like him but i also like his default outfit so i probably have bad opinions

Top Bottom